No entry

alicante jambo

The point Is that many people didn't feel that a league cup tie against East Fife was the sort of game that hey had to be especially organised for. Usually you can turn up before kick off and get in, assuming it's not sold out, and it was a fair assumption this would be the case yesterday.

It don't disagree with this in principle and as I said the fact that the club didn't have any tickets available for sale in that last hour might be a valid criticism

However it was always planned to be that way.

But don't assume, it makes an ass of you and me.

;)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Findlay

Yes, Sir!

(I thought the Piss referred to how you deal with prisoners of war)

No. When I served we followed the Geneva Convention to the letter. A bit more snap in those yes sirs:-0)

Surprising that Jammy T is being a an [mod edit] about this.

The thread started with people moaning at the club about something that was widely available knowledge.

That's pretty obnoxious to me.

I'm just making sure these poor souls don't **** up again for the Dunfermline game.

I'm providing a service

:)

I wonder why they didn't have a cash gate.

Don't think they do this no more. They like to know who is sitting where in case you cause bother I think

Holyrood_Hearts

Surely anyone who's been to Tynecastle anytime in the last 3 seasons know the script regarding tickets/no cash gates etc etc? Not saying I'd agree with it but surely you would check in-advance.

That said, I think both the club shop & ticket office being closed at peak times on match day is a mistake.

I've been it at English clubs when the have a unit/stall outside the ground selling merchandise. Surely us doing something along those lines selling this & 100-200 match day tickets for a specific section within Tynecastle wouldn't take much to set up?

I didn't have to look for it all. The club tweeted it every day or so since Tuesday.

Sorry, but when we have a massive construction project live at the ground the fans should be checking what access and ticket arrangements are in advance of the game.

What is "tweeted"? I assume it is something to do with social media that young folks use. You do spout some rubbish on here.

To revert back to the OP, Hearts have missed a trick with these league cup games and should consider how to implement a cash gate outside the ground while the TO is located within it. How many visitors to the city during the festival might choose to watch a game without knowing that you can only buy tickets at the ground up to an hour before KO.

What is "tweeted"? I assume it is something to do with social media that young folks use. You do spout some rubbish on here.

To revert back to the OP, Hearts have missed a trick with these league cup games and should consider how to implement a cash gate outside the ground while the TO is located within it. How many visitors to the city during the festival might choose to watch a game without knowing that you can only buy tickets at the ground up to an hour before KO.

There are two issues that people can't seem to separate

1. Should we have sold tickets up to 3pm?

2. Was it clear that we were not selling tickets up to 3pm?

Question 1 is a valid debate

Question 2 isn't. It was clear and if it wasn't it was because fans didn't check.

Eldery folk maybe not keen on giving bank card numbers over the phone for tickets.

Its not hard in the slightest to have a cash gate during the building works for games that are not sell outs.

Don't think you need to be 'elderly' for this to apply

Francis Albert

Everything the club put out said get your tickets before 2pm.

If people didn't pay attention and just assumed then it is their fault and not the clubs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The email detailing ticket arrangements for the Newcastle, East Fife and Dunfermline games did not mention the 2pm closure of the ticket office. So not quite everything. And in fact not the most obvious thing.

Dallas Green

You don't need a printer if you do the print at home option.

The ticket comes in an email. You can show it on your phone, I bought my brother a ticket for Raith last year and he just showed my phone, got it scanned and got in fine.

The club advertised that the ticket office was going to be closed. Off the top of my head I can't remember the last cash gate at Tynecastle.

There really is no excuse for knocking back customers when the stadium is half empty.

I'm sure if the will was there the club could have found a solution to this problem.

For the record there have been cash gates at Tynecastle recently the Arbroath LC tie for starters.

Football authorities seem determined to make attending football a complicated business these days.

Tommy Brown

Surely anyone who's been to Tynecastle anytime in the last 3 seasons know the script regarding tickets/no cash gates etc etc? Not saying I'd agree with it but surely you would check in-advance.

That said, I think both the club shop & ticket office being closed at peak times on match day is a mistake.

I've been it at English clubs when the have a unit/stall outside the ground selling merchandise. Surely us doing something along those lines selling this & 100-200 match day tickets for a specific section within Tynecastle wouldn't take much to set up?

Keep up mate..

Up until this season, you could buy a ticket from a kiosk or ticket office up until kick off time.

Everybody and their dog knew this.

Unfortunately, the ticket office is now within the ground. No-one apart from Jammy T thought about the consequences, the ticket had to shut a 2pm. A stupid situation to be in, that frankly needs addressing.

Keep up mate..

Up until this season, you could buy a ticket from a kiosk or ticket office up until kick off time.

Unfortunately, the ticket office is now within the ground. No-one apart from Jammy T thought about the consequences, the ticket had to shut a 2pm. A stupid situation to be in, that frankly needs addressing.

It's only for two games (presumably) against lower league opponents.

There was hardly going to be a last minute rush for East Fife ffs.

And I didn't have to think. I was told 3 times by the club without asking.

Holyrood_Hearts

Keep up mate..

Apologies mate I'm just being stupid.

Tommy Brown

Why only 2 Games? Surely there will be no ticket office in the new stand until January.

Apologies if I have this wrong, have you better knowledge from Twitter? :wink:

Allowayjambo1874

Incorrect it happened at the tail end of last season as well.

Personally it doesn't bother me, tickets bought and jobs a good un. However the club has essentially got the begging bowl out (in the shape of a cow) and every year we debate on here how to tap into the tourist market and here we are literally turning away customers because no one has sought a solution as to how to sell tickets for an hour between two and three.

There may be legitimate reasons as to why they haven't but it smacks of amateur hour to me. I think it is a legitimate criticism of the club (standing by for getting a kick in for daring to be critical on kickback)

MacDonald Jardine

No you didn't.

You presumably subscribe to Hearts' Twitter feed.

Many don't.

Francis Albert

The fact that no-one expected any rush for tickets seems to me precisely  the reason why some not unreasonably turned up not expecting any difficulty in getting in an hour before KO.

And out of interest and future needs to know , how did the club tell you?

MacDonald Jardine

Personally it doesn't bother me, tickets bought and jobs a good un. However the club has essentially got the begging bowl out (in the shape of a cow) and every year we debate on here how to tap into the tourist market and here we are literally turning away customers because no one has sought a solution as to how to sell tickets for an hour between two and three.

There may be legitimate reasons as to why they haven't but it smacks of amateur hour to me. I think it is a legitimate criticism of the club (standing by for getting a kick in for daring to be critical on kickback)

It's an absolutely legitimate criticism and as I've said before had it been any of the previous owners they'd have been universally lambasted for it.

If it has happened before then people need to pay better attention and not keep getting caught out.

Look up the website or if you are elderly call the club and check what the ticket arrangements are

We knocked our ****ing ticket office down and people expect nothing to change and slag the club whilst being too lazy to check?

And I get abuse?

Shanks said no

You don't need a printer if you do the print at home option.

The ticket comes in an email. You can show it on your phone, I bought my brother a ticket for Raith last year and he just showed my phone, got it scanned and got in fine.

The club advertised that the ticket office was going to be closed. Off the top of my head I can't remember the last cash gate at Tynecastle.

January 2017 vs Raith in cup, cash turnstiles at Gorgie stand

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/166746-cash-gates-tonight-gorgie-turnstiles/?hl=%2Bcash+%2Bgate

Dallas Green

Cheers :lol: as I said I couldn't remember the last one. Typically the one I used as an example for the emailed ticket.

Last time I paid cash at Tynecastle was a youth cup game years ago. Usually just book any additional tickets online.

Allowayjambo1874

If it has happened before then people need to pay better attention and not keep getting caught out.

Look up the website or if you are elderly call the club and check what the ticket arrangements are

We knocked our ******* ticket office down and people expect nothing to change and slag the club whilst being too lazy to check?

And I get abuse?

So the 12 Germans on a stag do that turned up expecting to get in, they were lazy? As far social media and emails if someone has missed the communiques then it's the club's fault not the individual.

Hearts (football in general) are competing against all sorts of other activities, making it in any way complicated to buy a ticket for an empty stadium is inept. You appear to be of the mindset that it is 100% the responsibility of the individual to make sure they know how to get a ticket. However the fans we are discussing are probably only going to occasional matches and are possibly of the mindset of 'oh well never mind' if they don't get in.

I cannot imagine any other business turning people away when they had seats to sell because of an issue like this.

Your never going to change your opinion so we will just agree to disagree.

Fair enough?

Clerry Jambo

No fans/potential new supporters should be turned away. Solution has to be found.

Absolutely. In this day and age and however you want to debate it, fans should not be getting turned away an hour before KO when there are thousands of available seats.

Disappointing from Hearts tbh.

millerjames398

Same thing happened to myself and a couple mates at the tail end of last season midweek v Ross county ended up watching the game on a dodgy box in Benson's bar.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bowmans_Boot

So the 12 Germans on a stag do that turned up expecting to get in, they were lazy? As far social media and emails if someone has missed the communiques then it's the club's fault not the individual.

Hearts (football in general) are competing against all sorts of other activities, making it in any way complicated to buy a ticket for an empty stadium is inept. You appear to be of the mindset that it is 100% the responsibility of the individual to make sure they know how to get a ticket. However the fans we are discussing are probably only going to occasional matches and are possibly of the mindset of 'oh well never mind' if they don't get in.

I cannot imagine any other business turning people away when they had seats to sell because of an issue like this.

Your never going to change your opinion so we will just agree to disagree.

Fair enough?

I agree with this. Many people post on here about making the most of the tourist market, but we didnt here (in July, with Edinburgh full of tourists).

Sometimes our football club doesnt do everything 100% perfectly.

Yep we should be planning for 12 pissed up German guys on a stag boosting our crowd by about 0.01%

If I was going to a city for a weekend with the chance of a game I'd look up ticket arrangements first - it's not difficult

Bowmans_Boot

Yep we should be planning for 12 pissed up German guys on a stag boosting our crowd by about 0.01%

If I was going to a city for a weekend with the chance of a game I'd look up ticket arrangements first - it's not difficult

We should make it as easy as possible for anybody who wants to see us to be in the stadium, no?

Francis Albert

We knocked our ******* ticket office down and people expect nothing to change and slag the club whilst being too lazy to check?

And I get abuse?

Despite being elderly I managed to look up the website. Under "Tickets - Upcoming games" the site lists the options for buying tickets including from the ticket office. There is no mention of a one hour cut-off before KO.

You didn't answer my question about how you were informed three times about the TO closure time without asking. I assume through social media -  twitter or face-book? The club seems to increasingly rely on those channels, ignoring the many fans who don't subscribe to them and have no intention of doing so.

I spend over ?1000 a year on STs and FoH subs and Hearts TV and other stuff.. It is ludicrous to suggest I should have to phone the club to find out about arrangements for selling tickets and even more ludicrous to accuse fans of being lazy when it is the cub which is failing in simple communication with its customers and potential customers.

Thomson1874

Somehow managed to leave my tickets in the house yesterday and only realised when I was walking to Tynecastle.

Got my dad to send a picture of the tickets and the steward was able to scan the barcode off my mobile and let me in.

Not really relevant here but I was quite surprised.

Son Of Anarchy

I agree with this. Many people post on here about making the most of the tourist market, but we didnt here (in July, with Edinburgh full of tourists).

Sometimes our football club doesnt do everything 100% perfectly.

Correct and it needs addressed. We do most things well but should never stop learning and therefore improving.

I've said for years we should be embracing the tourist trade especially now with the new stand to fill (next summer obviously). This turning fans away/potential fans is not good enough. I believe the club should be made aware of these concerns asap and a solution sought. We are lucky in that AB etc listen to us now. In this day and age, even though Hearts predicament is unavoidable, a compromise shouldn't be difficult.

Bowmans_Boot

Correct and it needs addressed. We do most things well but should never stop learning and therefore improving.

I've said for years we should be embracing the tourist trade especially now with the new stand to fill (next summer obviously). This turning fans away/potential fans is not good enough. I believe the club should be made aware of these concerns asap and a solution sought. We are lucky in that AB etc listen to us now. In this day and age, even though Hearts predicament is unavoidable, a compromise shouldn't be difficult.

Agreed.

Son Of Anarchy

And those 12 Germans could be 24 Germans next year having enjoyed themselves so much. Maybe they spread the work and.....you get the picture. When have we ever been in a position where we could say "sorry your not needed?" Never. The more the merrier. Mate I have no idea why you feel so strongly on this matter but we as a club need to grow. Turning paying customers away is not the answer.

MacDonald Jardine

Ticket office will close at 2 this Saturday

Ridiculous!

I am far from being a critic of the club but in this instance I think they have gotten it wrong, to not be able to purchase a ticket after 2pm is not good, not everyone uses twitter or facebook to know this, it is also not overly easy to get through on the phone to the ticket office to find out about ticketing arrangements, I know from our supporters bus that we have a few elderly people who I keep up to date with things, they would struggle if I didn't.

I cant see how its so difficult not to say at 1330 identify 500 or so seats not sold, print the tickets and put them in 1 or 2 specified turnstiles for cash sales. That would surely cope with any walk up demands.

I was thinking you could have a member of Hearts staff selling tickets outside the ground between 2pm and 3pm. Print so many off beforehand, say 200, after 3pm, they go back with the money and unsold tickets. The problem is, there could be a safety issue for the member of staff, potentially holding over ?3k, they're an easy target. The club would have to trust the staff member, it would be so easy to pocket the difference between an adult and concession, do it 20 times and make ?200 for yourself.

Moving forward, Hearts have to make good use of the technology available, ticket barcodes on phones is the next step. It would mean you could buy a ticket at 14:59 and get in. Getting turned away at 14:01 is unfortunate and something the club should be looking into to avoid at all costs in future, especially for a game that the ground was only half full. It costs the club money on the day and potentially in the long term if people have a bad experience and don't turn up again.

Set up a wee ticket booth in Gerard's yard and sell the bloody tickets, no fancy dan set up required. Hearts not using a bit of initiative here at all. A bairn could set something simple up.

Fozzyonthefence

The point is the club told anybody that wanted to know all week they weren't selling any tickets after 2pm.

Whether they could have or not is irrelevant.

They didn't and they made it clear they weren't.

But we've established that a fair number didnt know and the club has lost on some money so wind your neck in!

Can't understand why we can't have a cash turnstyle for games like this - other SPL teams do it against us.

RobbofordGHC

Not directly related but we turned up yesterday with a spare ticket as one of our party couldn't make it. On my way in I said to a steward here's a spare ticket if anyone turns up looking for one; "can't do that" says the steward......

Big Slim Stylee

Fair enough mate when we come back for the games its always the gorgie suite so i never knew this.Cheers

It's an easy mistake when you're not around week in, week out mate.

FarmerTweedy

Pretty simple is it not ,you have a half filled stadium ,there are still a good few folk wanting in ,find away to get them in .

These fans shouldn't have been refused ,somebody in a senior position should have been found to nod them through .

No big deal but the club made a mistake by not finding away to let those supporters in .

If you mean they should have been let in for free, then no.  All that would achieve is to have loads of folk who've paid for tickets being hacked off when they hear about it, and loads of folk also deciding that they'll not bother buying tickets and instead just turn up shortly before kick-off for any other cup games we have, and demand to also be let in for nothing.

I do agree though it seems that the club should be able to find some solution to allow tickets to be sold after 2pm.  I'd have thought it would at least be possible for the ticket office to print off a big batch of tickets and then take them to a small booth just outside the ground and do cash sales from there.

FarmerTweedy

I didn't have to look for it all. The club tweeted it every day or so since Tuesday.

Sorry, but when we have a massive construction project live at the ground the fans should be checking what access and ticket arrangements are in advance of the game.

Which was probably handy for those that use Twitter.

The majority of people don't use Twitter though.

Anyway I'd encourage all johnny-come-lately type folks to double check ticket arrangements for the Dunfermline game next week.

You can't say you haven't been warned.

:)

You'll only advise the ones that read jkb though.

A (very) large number of Hearts fans don't read jkb!

FarmerTweedy

The simple answer to that question would actually be none, as we don't have any home games during the festival this year!

The simple answer to that question would actually be none, as we don't have any home games during the festival this year!

LOL guid yin .

FarmerTweedy

Here's what you'll find when you look up ticket arrangements on the club's website:

TICKETS - HOME
  •  

• 40b4b6f0b8135e47fa4aedf460f4bf04.png
    •  
    • VS
    •  
    • 60c565ff6cfb02ae8670d6cfe8defe3a.png

Betfred Cup

Saturday, July 22 2017

Kick-off 15:00

Heart of Midlothian v East Fife

Tickets for Hearts' Betfred Cup home match against East Fife are priced at ?15 for adults and ?5 for concessions (Over 65s, Students, Under 18s and Under 13s).

Season ticket holders can purchase their tickets ? one per account and subject to availability ? via the club?s three sales channels: online at Hearts eTickets, over the phone by calling 0333 043 1874, option 1 then 1 or in person at the Hearts Ticket Office situated in the Wheatfield Stand Undercroft.

Season ticket holders who have taken up the club?s ?seat guarantee? option are reminded that this offer does not take effect until September 9th, when the new Main Stand is scheduled to open.

Enjoy the game in the comfort of hospitality. Check out the options here: http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6022

•  

• 40b4b6f0b8135e47fa4aedf460f4bf04.png
    •  
    • VS
    •  
    • 8fcc256b885157904689afc4e36e35c2.png

Betfred Cup

Saturday, July 29 2017

Kick-off 15:00

Heart of Midlothian v Dunfermline

Tickets for Hearts' Betfred Cup home match against Dunfermline are priced at ?15 for adults and ?5 for concessions (Over 65s, Students, Under 18s and Under 13s).

Season ticket holders can purchase their tickets ? one per account and subject to availability ? via the club?s three sales channels: online at Hearts eTickets, over the phone by calling 0333 043 1874, option 1 then 1 or in person at the Hearts Ticket Office situated in the Wheatfield Stand Undercroft.

Season ticket holders who have taken up the club?s ?seat guarantee? option are reminded that this offer does not take effect until September 9th, when the new Main Stand is scheduled to open.

Enjoy the game in the comfort of hospitality. Check out the options here: http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6022

There's no mention of the ticket office closing an hour before kickoff.

I'm quite often pleased to see you stand up for the club when people are having a go for no good reason but in this case, there is good reason for complaint, and you're being a bit of a dick about it IMO!

Jambo 4 Ever

Do you not think the club should be communicating with all the fans not just the internet savvy?

Elderly fans who have possibly pumped thousands into Hearts over the years left to feel disenfranchised from the club they love as they haven't kept up with changing technology. A wee bit melodramatic I would agree :) but come on, what was the harm in having a cash gate or two?

This

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What are the suggestions of how the club might communicate beyond the internet.

Newspaper or radio?

ToadKiller Dog

If you mean they should have been let in for free, then no. All that would achieve is to have loads of folk who've paid for tickets being hacked off when they hear about it, and loads of folk also deciding that they'll not bother buying tickets and instead just turn up shortly before kick-off for any other cup games we have, and demand to also be let in for nothing.

I do agree though it seems that the club should be able to find some solution to allow tickets to be sold after 2pm. I'd have thought it would at least be possible for the ticket office to print off a big batch of tickets and then take them to a small booth just outside the ground and do cash sales from there.

Sorry didn't mean for free ,but I can see why it can be read that way .

Once they saw that their was a small demand ( doesn't seem as if it was huge numbers )of those who couldn't get it in ,the senior person should have been sought out and quickly decide put on a cash gate or found some way of getting them paid and in .

I don't get the no cash gate for that type of game either .

Archived