No entry

alicante jambo

In relation to 'pay at the gate' and similar solutions, does the club need to know who (and have details for) everyone who buys a ticket ? In case of any crowd trouble or fans who have been banned from the stadium being able to gain access ?

It might be something which restricts us using that kind of ticket selling method ?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

Again a few examples of intolerance of any criticism of the club, and fans blamed because they didn't pay close enough attention to what the club was telling them.

I cannot believe that it would not be possible to address the problem and in some way allow people to pay for entry up to KO. .Even at some small risk of exposure to "dodgy operators".

Not at all.

Just you in your bitter and twisted world.

Suggestions have been made sadsack. Read again

Libertarian

After reading yesterday morning on the club website that the ticket office was closing at 2pm I bought e tickets walked along to the local library to print them off, and so no problem. I suppose if I had a modern phone I could have used that at the turnstile.

Hackney Hearts

The point is the club told anybody that wanted to know all week they weren't selling any tickets after 2pm.

But you'd have to proactively seek this information. It probably wouldn't occur to some people to check the Hearts website (even assuming they have internet access) to see if such a strange system would be in place for what was bound to be a poorly attended match.

tokyowalnut

Easy for all of us on who have web access 24/7 and are aware of daily updates. It's a bit sad when we have to turn away an older supporter because we can't have 1 cash turnstile open.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Easy for all of us on who have web access 24/7 and are aware of daily updates. It's a bit sad when we have to turn away an older supporter because we can't have 1 cash turnstile open.

Similar to what I said earlier. Some clubs do have a booth away from the turnstiles. Hopefully something that can be easily rectified. In days gone by you would read these things in the papers but we are in the modern world and that doesn't help elderly people.

Francis Albert

Not at all.

Just you in your bitter and twisted world.

Suggestions have been made sadsack. Read again

I have read the suggestions. Which is why I said I thought it would be possible to address the problem. Why are you so angry?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I have read the suggestions. Which is why I said I thought it would be possible to address the problem. Why are you so angry?

You moan about absolutely everything. Not me with the anger buddy :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

That remains a good question

Turnstile operators won't be compromised by having to handle cash i would suggest. To be honest its not been a problem for years.

Hopefully we can do something else after 2 next week

The ticket office was meant to shut at 2pm mate.

I went to collect my tickets at 1.45 and there were still a good few walk ups waiting for tickets so if he never had tickets he would probably have been told it was too late as the ticket office was closed.

If he had tickets I don't see the problem at all

Why don't we rent one of the many empty retail spaces on Gorgie Road for ticket sales on match day..?

Where was it made clear?Aye on here or the hearts website.What if he doesnt use the internet.Its east fife ffs we surely were not expecting a massive crowd .Really no need no to have a cash gate.

Exactly mate.

I knew about the 2pm deadline, but I still believe the club could have done more.

I'd like a solution to the 2-3pm issue, but the club DID make it clear via Twitter on at least 2 occasions Fri and sat

stirlingshirejambo

Why don't we rent one of the many empty retail spaces on Gorgie Road for ticket sales on match day..?

That could be a good shout mate as we get into the busier first half of the season

FWIW I saw a number of people being allowed into ticket office at 2-45 yesterday as I got into ground

Perhaps being allowed to pick up tickets but definitely people getting in and out the shop

Randy Marsh

Its a pretty pathetic situation.Wonder how much money we lost and how many got turned away.Why no just have a cash gate?

Totally agree mate.  I was in the exact same boat yesterday.  I turned up at the ticket office at around 2.30 and was told they had stopped selling tickets.  I was about to buy and print my ticket off at around 1pm but I dont have a printer so couldn't be bothered going to the nearest internet cafe as it was pissing down.  I just assumed I would be able to buy a ticket before kick off.  

Fair enough if the club made it clear but it really is pathetic that there were 1000's of empty seats yet you weren't able to buy one within an hour from kick off.

I ended up going to the nearest bookies and betting on the horses for a few hours instead.  Was over ?100 up so wasn't actually that bothered in the end but it screams of absolute laziness from Hearts.

Kilmacolm Jambo

Does anyone know if you open an e-ticket on your phone if scanning the barcode would work, I can't see why not?

We should also get the option of having our season ticket delivered electronically so that it can be added to your Apple Wallet etc.

Jambof3tornado

I'd like a solution to the 2-3pm issue, but the club DID make it clear via Twitter on at least 2 occasions Fri and sat

The old boy in front of us wouldn't know what twitter was.

In this day and age there is no reason for fans not to be able to get into a game like yesterdays at any time up to kick off.

Given how many tickets had been sold and that the temporary ticket office has to shut an hour prior to kick off, there should've been a cash gate

Randy Marsh

It was made abundantly clear by the club all this week what the situation was.

Pay more and better attention I'd say moving forward.

Not all of us are that sad that they feel the need to keep up to date with all things Hearts 24/7 mate.

But you'd have to proactively seek this information. It probably wouldn't occur to some people to check the Hearts website (even assuming they have internet access) to see if such a strange system would be in place for what was bound to be a poorly attended match.

I didn't have to look for it all. The club tweeted it every day or so since Tuesday.

Sorry, but when we have a massive construction project live at the ground the fans should be checking what access and ticket arrangements are in advance of the game.

By the way I agree that the club should have sold tickets closer to kick off but that's a different point.

The fact that they were not doing this was clear.

Funny I got abuse for having a pop at the club for how they dealt with tickets for the Newcastle game....

Tommy Brown

I didn't have to look for it all. The club tweeted it every day or so since Tuesday.

Sorry, but when we have a massive construction project live at the ground the fans should be checking what access and ticket arrangements are in advance of the game.

I don't follow Twitter or Facebook, I would imagine a lot of older generation definitely don't.

Get off your high horse.

Do you not think the club should be communicating with all the fans not just the internet savvy?

Elderly fans who have possibly pumped thousands into Hearts over the years left to feel disenfranchised from the club they love as they haven't kept up with changing technology. A wee bit melodramatic I would agree :) but come on, what was the harm in having a cash gate or two? 

Deans Jambo

For a number of years the club had a portakabin for away fans to buy tickets on the day. It was situated next to the old main office block. Where the club could conveniently situate it now I'm not so sure.

If you select 'collect tickets' when buying your tickets online and you arrive late after the ticket office closes are you Donald Ducked?

On Friday I arrived at the ticket office (well the doorway that leads to it) bang on ten to six to be told by the Stewart that I was too late. I had my ticket already but this was for a mate who decided last minute so I basically jogged along from George Street to make it. I explained that the web site stated 6pm but the guy simply said only following instructions and I have been told nobody after ten to six, a girl standing next to doorway echoed the six o clock thing but he constantly said no cant help you.

Unsure why but after five minutes of pleading he relented and said aye ok then hurry up. I made it just in time as they were almost closing the doors of TO, surely if they advertise a time it should be that time although admittedly I eventually got the ticket

Nookie Bear

What - that we have fans that don't pay attention to ticket arrangements for the game and then moan about it?

Yes that is pathetic.

I think it's a fair assumption for any game if this importance that you should be able to turn up on the day and pay, as is usually the case.

It wouldn't occur to me to check the website to check for otherwise.

Nookie Bear

I don't use Twitter and I don't follow Hearts on Facebook either.

The club should be making sure it's as much business as usual as possible until the construction is complete.

I paid cash at a turnstile up at Pittodrie last season, they had one set up as cash only, if they can manage it I don't understand why we can't?

Bridge of Djoum

Right now that that's sorted are certain people going to wind their necks in?

You go 1st. 

I don't use Twitter and I don't follow Hearts on Facebook either.

The club should be making sure it's as much business as usual as possible until the construction is complete.

They clearly have done

Bridge of Djoum

They clearly have done

You have a point, Jammy, but to be honest you're being a bit of a **** about it.

Do you not think the club should be communicating with all the fans not just the internet savvy?

Elderly fans who have possibly pumped thousands into Hearts over the years left to feel disenfranchised from the club they love as they haven't kept up with changing technology. A wee bit melodramatic I would agree :) but come on, what was the harm in having a cash gate or two?

Yeah I get it - my mum still sends me a cheque every now and again. ****ing nightmare getting it cashed. The elderly are a problem.

Presume the elderly have plenty spare time during the week to sort tickets...?

Do the elderly have phones these days?

You have a point, Jammy, but to be honest you're being a bit of a **** about it.

You also have a fair point.

But when I see people having a pop at the club any and every opportunities these days having done so consistently almost for 2 years I react accordingly.

Irritation mixed with a bit of over reaction

If you can't beat them join them....

Bridge of Djoum

You also have a fair point.

But when I see people having a pop at the club any and every opportunities these days having done so consistently almost for 2 years I react accordingly.

Irritation mixed with a bit of over reaction

If you can't beat them join them....

Fair enough, mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough, mate.

It's not really. I shouldn't be so childish...

;)

Anyway I'd encourage all johnny-come-lately type folks to double check ticket arrangements for the Dunfermline game next week.

You can't say you haven't been warned.

:)

Bridge of Djoum

It's not really. I shouldn't be so childish...

;)

I get the negativity thing. Some folk obviously have agendas they can't let go. I saw Neilson referred to as "a tramp" the other day. Sad stuff.

I chucked a few of the obvious trolls and malcontents on ignore the other day, KB looks much better now.

Then you come along.. [emoji57]

I get the negativity thing. Some folk obviously have agendas they can't let go. I saw Neilson referred to as "a tramp" the other day. Sad stuff.

I chucked a few of the obvious trolls and malcontents on ignore the other day, KB looks much better now.

I wouldn't say I'm a troll.

Just irritating.

Bridge of Djoum

I wouldn't say I'm a troll.

Just irritating.

Just kidding.

Jambof3tornado

Yeah I get it - my mum still sends me a cheque every now and again. ******* nightmare getting it cashed. The elderly are a problem.

Presume the elderly have plenty spare time during the week to sort tickets...?

Do the elderly have phones these days?

Eldery folk maybe not keen on giving bank card numbers over the phone for tickets.

Its not hard in the slightest to have a cash gate during the building works for games that are not sell outs.

Nookie Bear

Hardly an agenda to criticise the club if folk were turned away because the club could not make arrangements to sell tickets up to kick off.

Hardly an agenda to criticise the club if folk were turned away because the club could not make arrangements to sell tickets up to kick off.

The club didn't make arrangements

It planned not to make any arrangements

It told people it hadn't made any arrangements

If people had checked with the club they would have been told there were no arrangements

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that was vaguely organised.

Nookie Bear

The club didn't make arrangements

It planned not to make any arrangements

It told people it hadn't made any arrangements

If people had checked with the club they would have been told there were no arrangements

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that was vaguely organised.

The point Is that many people didn't feel that a league cup tie against East Fife was the sort of game that hey had to be especially organised for. Usually you can turn up before kick off and get in, assuming it's not sold out, and it was a fair assumption this would be the case yesterday.

John Findlay

The point Is that many people didn't feel that a league cup tie against East Fife was the sort of game that hey had to be especially organised for. Usually you can turn up before kick off and get in, assuming it's not sold out, and it was a fair assumption this would be the case yesterday.

No offence but you should be organised for all games. I know I am with a nine year old son in tow. Maybe it's just my military background. I operate on the 6Ps Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

KineticBeat

Everything the club put out said get your tickets before 2pm.

If people didn't pay attention and just assumed then it is their fault and not the clubs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nookie Bear

No offence but you should be organised for all games. I know I am with a nine year old son in tow. Maybe it's just my military background. I operate on the 6Ps Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Yes, Sir!

It's East Fife at home, not Kabul away.

(I thought the Piss referred to how you deal with prisoners of war)

Archived