No entry

alicante jambo

alicante jambo

Talking to my dad tells me his next door neighbour went to tynie with the bairn and never got in as it was 20 past 2.Whats the problem with going in at that time?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rick witter

The ticket office was meant to shut at 2pm mate.

I went to collect my tickets at 1.45 and there were still a good few walk ups waiting for tickets so if he never had tickets he would probably have been told it was too late as the ticket office was closed.

If he had tickets I don't see the problem at all

The problem is that the ticket office is now within the stadium while the work is going on, so they have to close it before they start letting people in, meaning no sales between 2-3pm.

It was really well publicised in the build up to the game.

alicante jambo

The ticket office was meant to shut at 2pm mate.

I went to collect my tickets at 1.45 and there were still a good few walk ups waiting for tickets so if he never had tickets he would probably have been told it was too late as the ticket office was closed.

If he had tickets I don't see the problem at all

Cheers rick.He never had the tickets just thought he could turn up.and pay.

It was made abundantly clear by the club all this week what the situation was.

Pay more and better attention I'd say moving forward.

alicante jambo

It was made abundantly clear by the club all this week what the situation was.

Pay more and better attention I'd say moving forward.

Its a pretty pathetic situation.Wonder how much money we lost and how many got turned away.Why no just have a cash gate?

rick witter

Its a pretty pathetic situation.Wonder how much money we lost and how many got turned away.Why no just have a cash gate?

It was made clear all week that there would be no cash gate but I can't understand why we couldn't have one section in one of the stands kept empty and one cash turnstile it doesn't make any sense as there was about a dozen stewards and police in the rose burn stand that could have policed it.

What - that we have fans that don't pay attention to ticket arrangements for the game and then moan about it?

Yes that is pathetic.

Fozzyonthefence

Seems farcical not to have a cash gate with a crowd of 6,000. Mental if this game was all ticket?!

alicante jambo

What - that we have fans that don't pay attention to ticket arrangements for the game and then moan about it?

Yes that is pathetic.

Where was it made clear?Aye on here or the hearts website.What if he doesnt use the internet.Its east fife ffs we surely were not expecting a massive crowd .Really no need no to have a cash gate.

Fozzyonthefence

Yes that is pathetic.

Hiya Ann!

That bloody new stand build is just SO inconvenient.

I wish it had never been started.

Cash gates aren't a thing any more.

All grounds have bar code scanner access turnstiles to speed up access, with fans getting tickets in advance at the ticket office outside the ground.

The only place for us to put the TO while the new stand was being built was inside the ground, so it shuts that window between 2-3pm.

In order to get around that, the club would have had to set up a portacabin with power, network access etc which would have cost thousands.

Presumably they thought that the cost of that would be less than what they would miss out on in the small no of games before the new TO reopens, if they can publicise the fact that there are no 2-3pm sales.

I haven't tried but I imagine you could still buy a "print at home" ticket after 2pm and still get in if you can access a printer close enough to the ground.

Where was it made clear?Aye on here or the hearts website.What if he doesnt use the internet.Its east fife ffs we surely were not expecting a massive crowd .Really no need no to have a cash gate.

Hearts haven't had cash gates for over a decade.

alicante jambo

Fair enough mate when we come back for the games its always the gorgie suite so i never knew this.Cheers

I haven't tried but I imagine you could still buy a "print at home" ticket after 2pm and still get in if you can access a printer close enough to the ground.

That's potentially a good solution. Ideally you could just show it on your phone. I still find it really archaic that you have to physically print out a ticket for a lot of things (football aside).

alicante jambo

Right now that that's sorted are certain people going to wind their necks in?

Aye.Now i can tell him whats the crack he genuinly never knew.I assume its going to be the same from now on until the stand is built?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cash gates are pretty much a thing of the past due to some dodgy operators.

A booth outside the ground might help that the club control

Allowayjambo1874

This happened last season when a group of lads who were obviously tourists pitched up after 1400 and couldn't get access to ticket office and we lost out selling 12 or so tickets.

Don't understand why a temporary booth not available from 1400 hours at the top of mcleod street, maybe too much expense but feels we might be losing out here.

That's potentially a good solution. Ideally you could just show it on your phone. I still find it really archaic that you have to physically print out a ticket for a lot of things (football aside).

Indeed.

If the barcode scanners at airports can cope with a phone, I don't see why scanners at turnstiles can't.

I suppose Hearts are limited to what Ticketmaster can offer.

We could have a volunteer geek squad.

Head down with a printer and a bunch of laptops and sit with all the "yer da" types who don't have internet and help them register on etickets before printing their ticket off for them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cinema type printers. Will call it is in the States. Im afraid turning up with cash is not how it works most places. Even Elgin on Tuesday the ticket required buying.

I sympathise with older folks but us youngsters :rolleyes: can help them

Jambof3tornado

Old guy stood in the queue in front of us at the wheatfield asked about cost as he got near the turnstyles. Somebody told him it was ticket only and he was too late.

He sauntered off home.

Might not be many but the setup does cost us walk ups.

Using social media is great but not everyone has access.

1 cash gate would have worked fine yesterday.

Jambo 4 Ever

Yes that is pathetic.

Maybe not everyone has access to the internet

Not true. I remember paying cash at the Gorgie stand couple of years ago. It was against either Annan or Arbroath.

Hopefully ****ing you for starters!

Allowayjambo1874

Folk realise that's setting up a 'temporary booth' isn't like setting a stall up at a jumble sale?

Ok pedant , for temporary booth insert the word portacabin, didn't really think that needed to be explained but obviously it does.

Nelly Terraces

Like yourself for starters. That'd help.

I bought tickets at 13.50. When I came out the security had about 6 folk asking why they couldn't get in to purchase tickets. Sad really some of those guys could have come a fair distance to be told to go away.

I bought tickets at 13.50. When I came out the security had about 6 folk asking why they couldn't get in to purchase tickets. Sad really some of those guys could have come a fair distance to be told to go away.

Yep, and might never be back as a result! But folk should wind their necks in apparently.

Club are being extremely short sighted with the situation.

Tommy Brown

Folk realise that's setting up a 'temporary booth' isn't like setting a stall up at a jumble sale?

Of course it is, could have them selling cups of lemonade as well.

ToadKiller Dog

Pretty simple is it not ,you have a half filled stadium ,there are still a good few folk wanting in ,find away to get them in .

These fans shouldn't have been refused ,somebody in a senior position should have been found to nod them through .

No big deal but the club made a mistake by not finding away to let those supporters in .

Ok pedant , for temporary booth insert the word portacabin, didn't really think that needed to be explained but obviously it does.

The point still stands.

Whether it's called a booth or a portakabin it still needs a power supply, web access etc.

A 3 nil win, decent performance.

Plenty decent individual displays.

Nothing to moan about.

Oh wait...... :rofl:

Francis Albert

Again a few examples of intolerance of any criticism of the club, and fans blamed because they didn't pay close enough attention to what the club was telling them.

I cannot believe that it would not be possible to address the problem and in some way allow people to pay for entry up to KO. .Even at some small risk of exposure to "dodgy operators". 

I was thinking you could have a member of Hearts staff selling tickets outside the ground between 2pm and 3pm. Print so many off beforehand, say 200, after 3pm, they go back with the money and unsold tickets. The problem is, there could be a safety issue for the member of staff, potentially holding over ?3k, they're an easy target. The club would have to trust the staff member, it would be so easy to pocket the difference between an adult and concession, do it 20 times and make ?200 for yourself.

Moving forward, Hearts have to make good use of the technology available, ticket barcodes on phones is the next step. It would mean you could buy a ticket at 14:59 and get in. Getting turned away at 14:01 is unfortunate and something the club should be looking into to avoid at all costs in future, especially for a game that the ground was only half full. It costs the club money on the day and potentially in the long term if people have a bad experience and don't turn up again.

Given we are going to have this problem until the new ticket office is ready in the Main stand next year and the increased capacity come September we really should be looking at a way to sell tickets right up to kick off.

Francis Albert

The only email I received on ticketing arrangements (dated 12th July) does not seem to mention a deadline for purchases from the ticket office.

I blame the fans for not reading between the lines.

I fully understand that the club have a system in place that is advertised beforehand.

But refusing to sell tickets from 2pm? That's daft.

I don't care about the logistics of setting up a cabin with power/ internet - that's not a good enough excuse tbh.

No cash gates I understand but no sales from 2pm? That's not what football business should do when there are tickets left.

oh ah grantona

The point still stands.

Whether it's called a booth or a portakabin it still needs a power supply, web access etc.

No it doesn't

We did have a wee cabin before at old stand.

All that needs to happen is someone from Hearts stops queue nearer 2pm and says tickets can be purchased until kick off at booth on said place.

The club at 2pm will know how many tickets sold and it's hardly like 1000+ people are going to appear. Take a batch of pre printed tickets and sell them to the likely 100 or so people telling them it's sit in a seat that's empty (if someone comes along with that seat on ticket u have to move)

These games are not going to pull in the big crowds it's fact

Dunfermline game will maybe pull slightly more but game is on TV so that will balance out be lucky if 8K at game that includes a bigger away support also.

That's 2000+ empty seats simple to sell tickets straight until kickoff

I have a fair bit of symphany for people turning up without tickets post 2:00pm.

HMFC would know from their technology the number of unsold tickets (in the thousands!). The rain all morning would have deterred the vast majority thinking of attending (without a ticket), to just "stay at home". No doubt some prepaid ticket holders probably also took this option.

The TO could have run a batch of tickets off the system, possibly in Roseburn, as no tickets had been made available to home support in this stand & utilised in at least 1 turnstyle to accept cash. If there were any doubts regarding security of cash & yes, honesty, the booth could have been patrolled accordingly.

Overall not a big deal in the scheme of priorities at Tynecastle at present, but a wee bit of proactive thought might have saved a few moans & groans.

Anyway, decent result & performance yesterday & good to see the progress of the new stand.

PS. I discovered a strange fact yesterday. Ann Budge sat next to a "Dick" for years prior to vacating her seat in the Wheatfield Stand.........Thanks or apologies to Jeff, I purchased the ticket for this, or dare I say it "your" seat in Section D for the match. :2thumbsup:

The point is the club told anybody that wanted to know all week they weren't selling any tickets after 2pm.

Whether they could have or not is irrelevant.

They didn't and they made it clear they weren't.

The point is the club told anybody that wanted to know all week they weren't selling any tickets after 2pm.

Whether they could have or not is irrelevant.

They didn't and they made it clear they weren't.

Come on JT, lighten up a bit....PR obviously not your line of employment.

Hopefully a "small" issue which can be easily addressed going forward......possibly on Gary Locke's "To Do List" in his new role at the Club.

Cash gates aren't a thing any more.

All grounds have bar code scanner access turnstiles to speed up access, with fans getting tickets in advance at the ticket office outside the ground.

The only place for us to put the TO while the new stand was being built was inside the ground, so it shuts that window between 2-3pm.

In order to get around that, the club would have had to set up a portacabin with power, network access etc which would have cost thousands.

Presumably they thought that the cost of that would be less than what they would miss out on in the small no of games before the new TO reopens, if they can publicise the fact that there are no 2-3pm sales.

I've been to both Falkirk and Raith Rovers matches in the last couple of seasons and paid cash at the turnstiles. Pay at the gate is still 'a thing'

Hackney Hearts

Can't believe some people think it's okay for paying customers to be turned away from a match, in the pouring rain, where only 6,255 were allowed in.

It can't be beyond the wit of man.

In second half, nearly everyone on lower levels moved seat to get out of the rain, including to empty seats in Roseburn, cash gate should and I would say, not have been a problem.

On another note, those who didn't get in, missed a good start to the season, hopefully 9,000 + next week ?

Archived