New Hoover

tian447

I have a Vax. It's shite. It gets blocked easy, it makes a racket and the pins on the plug heat up a ridiculous amount and have burnt both myself and the bird when unplugging it. A large part of the handle has snapped off. It is really good at blowing shite everywhere when you try to use it on laminate flooring.

I wish I had bought a Gtec Air Ram when they first came out and were a bit cheaper.

Yes :D

Put it this way, we have two cats and a dog and it lifts all their hairs no bother.

Had some money off vouchers with Argos, so picked it up for ?35.

It will surely be better than a ?35 hoover, so I'm fairly chuffed with that :thumbsup:

Cheers for the suggestion!

If it turns out to be shite, I know who to blame... :whistling:

heartsfc_fan

Had some money off vouchers with Argos, so picked it up for ?35.

It will surely be better than a ?35 hoover, so I'm fairly chuffed with that :thumbsup:

Cheers for the suggestion!

If it turns out to be shite, I know who to blame... :whistling:

:)

We've got a Dyson.Cost ?250 about 8 or 9 years ago.Still works perfectly. Don't get the anti Dyson stuff at all.

We've got a Dyson.Cost ?250 about 8 or 9 years ago.Still works perfectly. Don't get the anti Dyson stuff at all.

I wouldn't say I am anti-Dyson, there just is no way I was spending that kind of money :)

I wouldn't say I am anti-Dyson, there just is no way I was spending that kind of money :)

Fair enough,I get that .It's just there were a few posts saying they were crap. I reckon ?250 is not too bad if you are getting 8 or 9 years(at least) use out of it.

Spent about the same cash on one in the noughties when everyone was getting a hard-on over them. It was shit. Used to work in retail and the amount of returns on them was insane. Most folk I've known with them have had problems or been unimpressed.

I've got one of their fans just now though and it's awesome. I don't have issue with the brand, I just don't rate their vacuum cleaners.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I have a 15 year old Henry that I believe is still going strong.

My cleaner has never complained about it

well said

too ******* right , women's job..

and they are called vacuum cleaners, Hoover is a brand, FFS, bloody jessies

:wink:

How real men use a Hoover...

200w.gif

:lol:

Alwayssunnyingorgie

How real men use a Hoover...

200w.gif

:lol:

Come on, REAL men make women hold the hoover.

We have one of these:

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6164964

Bargain. Light and easy to use. Works well on carpet and laminate.

Anyone who is looking for a new hoover should look no further than this.

It's top notch. I'm horrified at how much dust it pulled out of the carpet, the old one really must have been shite.

Dead chuffed with it (as sad as that is :lol:)

gtec are good although adverts are a bit repetitive.  They do all sorts of products now including bikes and hedge trimmers.

I've heard good things about Vax ones.  Which model do you have, if you know?  They have so many by the looks of things, it'll be quite hard to choose one.  

I did notice they do one specifically for homes with pets.  Could be a go-er, because surely it will be that wee bit more powerful if it has to lift cat/dog/Leigh Griffiths hairs?

My experience of VAX is woeful. Cut out after 20 mins.

Customer support - change the filter.... eh , it's a new machine.

Custoner support - something is blocking it - eh no there is not it is clear (sfter about 30 mins cooldwn it worked again.

SO bought a new filter - same problem.

After about three weeks of complaining t customer support i returned it for examination, without any explanation they sent me a new one.

20 minutes into use.... it cut out.

Me - Can i have my money back... Customer Support, no, it's your fault for not cleaning the filter.

(Obvioulsy notas short and sharp as that, but that is the outcome).

So Vax - I would not even take a free one. Does suck well when it works though.

(Bought a panasonic - no probs after that)

Which Best buy at under ?100: Hoover Enigma TE70EN21001

Which two don;t buys: Vax Impact 502 Pet U85-TN-Pe;  Vax Power nano UCNBAWP1

Archived