***Fantasy Premier League Cash Competition 2017/2018***

Homme

23 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

Had an absolute shocker last week after a couple of decent weeks.

Dropped from about 8th to 26th!

:seething:

Its become far more open, with a good week moving most top 40 teams several places up or down.  A few weeks ago I could see the top 5 teams breaking away...

Having the International break will just what some need....   And some transfers.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homme

• hueyview

• Statto

• tian447

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've brought in Niasse this week, Everton play Crystal Palace and he's only 4.9m, I'm hoping Everton have turned a corner after winning from 2-0 down to Watford 2 weeks ago. I've transferred out Joselu, he was only 5.5m but was rarely in my team, he had decent shooting stats but has only scored twice this season. There's better value out there.

My original plan had been to bring in Jones this week but he is a doubt after the injury during the International break, if he didn't play, I wouldn't have had great options on my bench, Kolasinac against my 2 Spurs attackers, I don't like having attackers and defenders play each other, Joselu would have been against Man United, I don't fancy him to score there and Tom Carroll doesn't get many returns and I have a Burnley defender, so wouldn't want him to. Bringing the Niasse transfer forward a week means I can play a 3-4-3 and get a good fixture out of him v Palace.

Jones will probably come into my team next week, followed by Christiansen if he starts the next 2 for Chelsea, he's only 5.4m and Luiz looks to be out of favour with Conte. Chelsea have a very good run of fixtures after their game with Liverpool in gameweek 13 and with Kante back, look more likely to keep clean sheets.

Kane will be my captain away to Arsenal, he's scored 6 goals in 5 PL games against Arsenal and 6 of his 8 goals this season have come away from Wembley.

Say What Again
2 hours ago, Statto said:

I've brought in Niasse this week, Everton play Crystal Palace and he's only 4.9m, I'm hoping Everton have turned a corner after winning from 2-0 down to Watford 2 weeks ago. I've transferred out Joselu, he was only 5.5m but was rarely in my team, he had decent shooting stats but has only scored twice this season. There's better value out there.

My original plan had been to bring in Jones this week but he is a doubt after the injury during the International break, if he didn't play, I wouldn't have had great options on my bench, Kolasinac against my 2 Spurs attackers, I don't like having attackers and defenders play each other, Joselu would have been against Man United, I don't fancy him to score there and Tom Carroll doesn't get many returns and I have a Burnley defender, so wouldn't want him to. Bringing the Niasse transfer forward a week means I can play a 3-4-3 and get a good fixture out of him v Palace.

Jones will probably come into my team next week, followed by Christiansen if he starts the next 2 for Chelsea, he's only 5.4m and Luiz looks to be out of favour with Conte. Chelsea have a very good run of fixtures after their game with Liverpool in gameweek 13 and with Kante back, look more likely to keep clean sheets.

Kane will be my captain away to Arsenal, he's scored 6 goals in 5 PL games against Arsenal and 6 of his 8 goals this season have come away from Wembley.

Haha your username is very apt!

Top work :)

Have been considering Jones who is doing well. Looking up table at top teams as the fantasy league have been drawn closer to pack.  Big question is over Aguero who I am not clear is fit to play.  If fit will leave squad unchanged.  Kane for captain, maybe....

On 09/11/2017 at 17:19, hueyview said:

Its become far more open, with a good week moving most top 40 teams several places up or down.  A few weeks ago I could see the top 5 teams breaking away...

Having the International break will just what some need....   And some transfers.

Ive had a poor few weeks and fear I am on a downward spiral. 

Really need a spurs clean sheet this weekend.

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Ive had a poor few weeks and fear I am on a downward spiral. 

Really need a spurs clean sheet this weekend.

Was on second page 50 and 60 plus for first 4 or 5 weeks. Made 5 transfers one week (-16 points) of man city and spurs players in and have gained places each week since. 

NIASSE GOAL!!!

Kane captaincy looks like it will cost me this weekend, the rest of my team is doing well, happy with my decision to gamble on Niasse, 5th goal this season and only 4.9m. A good 3rd striker option if you're not going for a 'power 3'.

1 hour ago, Statto said:

NIASSE GOAL!!!

Kane captaincy looks like it will cost me this weekend, the rest of my team is doing well, happy with my decision to gamble on Niasse, 5th goal this season and only 4.9m. A good 3rd striker option if you're not going for a 'power 3'.

Good day for Chelsea players and Salah gets a double.....   Be lucky not too drop too far.  Relying on Man utd.

9 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Good day for Chelsea players and Salah gets a double.....   Be lucky not too drop too far.  Relying on Man utd.

I've got no Chelsea, no Man U and only 1 clean sheet in a week 6 teams have kept a clean sheet so far. Red arrows guaranteed.

I read something interesting regarding the Aguero and Jesus rotation. Aguero seems to play the home games and Jesus plays the away games.

Excluding the 2 games Aguero missed through injury, he has played 406/450 minutes in the PL at home and just 196/450 minutes away. Jesus has played 205/540 minutes at home and 483/540 minutes away in the Premier League.

This means Aguero has played 90.2% of possible minutes at home to Jesus' 38% but Jesus has played 89.4% of minutes away to Aguero's 43.6%.

In the 2 games in the League Cup, Jesus played the full 90 minutes of the away game and Aguero didn't play and the home game, Aguero played all 120 minutes, Jesus was subbed on 87 minutes.

There is a couple of differences in the Champions League but that can be explained by the 2nd home game was just before Aguero returned following his car crash so Jesus played 87 minutes there and the 2nd away game where Aguero played 76 minutes v Napoli was following a Premier League away game that Jesus played 81 minutes and Aguero was rested completely. The first two Champions League games do follow the pattern though, both started and Aguero was subbed off on the hour mark in the 1st away game and Jesus was subbed off on 54 minutes of the 1st home game.

This week, Man City face Feyenoord at home in the Champions League midweek, Aguero didn't play a minute at the weekend, I fully expect Aguero to play the 90 minutes on Tuesday. Man City are away to Huddersfield at the weekend, I think Jesus will definitely start that one and should play at least 80 minutes. I'm so confident that will happen, I'm captaining Jesus against Huddersfield, a team that have just conceded 4 goals to 10-man Bournemouth. I will then be transferring Jesus out for Morata, Man City have 2 home PL games in a row following the Huddersfield game so I'd expect Jesus' minutes to be limited during these next couple of games. Morata looks to be a nailed on starter for Chelsea just now, after the Liverpool game this weekend, they have a run of 14 games where they only face one top-6 opponent, with Hazard back, Chelsea look very dangerous and as Morata costs less than Hazard in the Fantasy Premier League game, I'll be opting for the Spaniard.

On 20/11/2017 at 09:51, Statto said:

I read something interesting regarding the Aguero and Jesus rotation. Aguero seems to play the home games and Jesus plays the away games.

Excluding the 2 games Aguero missed through injury, he has played 406/450 minutes in the PL at home and just 196/450 minutes away. Jesus has played 205/540 minutes at home and 483/540 minutes away in the Premier League.

This means Aguero has played 90.2% of possible minutes at home to Jesus' 38% but Jesus has played 89.4% of minutes away to Aguero's 43.6%.

In the 2 games in the League Cup, Jesus played the full 90 minutes of the away game and Aguero didn't play and the home game, Aguero played all 120 minutes, Jesus was subbed on 87 minutes.

There is a couple of differences in the Champions League but that can be explained by the 2nd home game was just before Aguero returned following his car crash so Jesus played 87 minutes there and the 2nd away game where Aguero played 76 minutes v Napoli was following a Premier League away game that Jesus played 81 minutes and Aguero was rested completely. The first two Champions League games do follow the pattern though, both started and Aguero was subbed off on the hour mark in the 1st away game and Jesus was subbed off on 54 minutes of the 1st home game.

This week, Man City face Feyenoord at home in the Champions League midweek, Aguero didn't play a minute at the weekend, I fully expect Aguero to play the 90 minutes on Tuesday. Man City are away to Huddersfield at the weekend, I think Jesus will definitely start that one and should play at least 80 minutes. I'm so confident that will happen, I'm captaining Jesus against Huddersfield, a team that have just conceded 4 goals to 10-man Bournemouth. I will then be transferring Jesus out for Morata, Man City have 2 home PL games in a row following the Huddersfield game so I'd expect Jesus' minutes to be limited during these next couple of games. Morata looks to be a nailed on starter for Chelsea just now, after the Liverpool game this weekend, they have a run of 14 games where they only face one top-6 opponent, with Hazard back, Chelsea look very dangerous and as Morata costs less than Hazard in the Fantasy Premier League game, I'll be opting for the Spaniard.

Will be moving Aguero out for the Huddersfield game for Morita, releasing funds for midfield changes.....

Cannot believe Jesus didn't start. I didn't lose out by him coming on with him getting the assist, I would have won an additional 6 points from my vice-captain and 2 points coming off the bench for 8, he won 4 points doubled so no loss.

I brought Otamendi in this week for a 4 point hit, scores an own goal to wipe out City's clean sheet, took out Naughton who kept a clean sheet and got 3 bonus points, not my best transfer.

I've made the Jesus to Morata change this evening to beat a potential Morata price rise, I think Jesus might play Man City's next game home to Southampton but Chelsea have Swansea at home which looks a more appealing fixture.

Cedric is out as well, Southampton's fixtures are very bad in the next month, 5 of the top-6 in 8 games, I was debating whether to bring in Christiansen who is only 5.4m or Alonso at 6.9m. I've went for Alonso just because there is always a chance Christiansen could be dropped for Luiz at any time, Alonso seems to be a nailed on starter for Chelsea this season. Christiansen is a decent gamble if you don't have the funds for one of Chelsea's bigger priced defenders.

I'm captaining Salah away to Stoke midweek, they've conceded 8 in the last 5 games (Bou H, Wat A, Lei H, Bri A & Cry A) plus 7 to Man City.

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped down 20 places because of lack of striker goals.   Will have to do well this weekend with Cup cut off coming up.  Got Sterling and Sane in from Man Utd.

Just had a complete overhaul because I'm sitting 52nd in our league (out of 54 :whistling: )

Punted everyone apart from Kane, Maguire and Otamendi, to be replaced by another load of complete donkeys.

Much like our signing policy over the past few seasons :lol:

Game week 17 deadline tonight at 18:45.

I've decided to transfer out Morata. He is definitely missing the game tonight and he's one booking away from suspension when he does return. I have Hazard so still have some Chelsea coverage. I've brought in Rooney, I needed someone around that price range to fund Pogba when he returns, Vardy was an option but he hasn't had many points returns recently, 2 goals and 1 assist in the last 10 weeks, Rooney has 4 goals and 1 assist in his last 3 games and has lower ownership than Vardy.

I've made a late captaincy change, switching it from Salah to Kane. Brighton have had a bad couple of results, 5-1 against Liverpool and 2-0 to Huddersfield. Kane has 4 goals in his last 4 games, if Spurs score a few, he should get at least a couple. Liverpool are facing West Brom who have conceded 1 goal in each of their last 5 away games. I think they will set up very defensive. I can't see Salah scoring more than 1, so I'm going with Kane.

1 hour ago, Statto said:

Changed captaincy back to Salah, my FPL Cup opponent has Salah, but doesn't have Kane.

Keeping Kane as captain...  Have also swapped Hazard for Morata....  

I'm out of the FPL Cup to a 'dead team'. We both had an Arsenal defender, mine didn't play and his did, kept a clean sheet and got 2 bonus points, he also had David Silva who scored twice and got 3 bonus points for a total of 16. I was beaten by 10 points.

I made 2 transfers for this game week, both replacing injured players, both got points, I can't do much more than that, Rooney scored and I went for Ogbonna as well, kept a clean sheet against Arsenal and he's only 4.3m, West Ham have 2 clean sheets against Chelsea and Arsenal. I transferred Morata out as I said before and Lowton is gone as well. He's missed the last few and Burnley are about to face a few of the bigger teams, the have Man U twice, Man City, Spurs and Liverpool in their next 9 games although 4 of those fixtures are all at home, they do have a decent home record and are 6th in the Premier League just now. After these 9 games, they only have Chelsea and Arsenal as the only difficult opponents in their last 12 games so it might be a time and gamble on going 2 or 3 Burnely defenders.

I'm looking at transferring out Niasse this week for either Mounie, Bony or Austin. Pogba will be coming back for Gross after his suspension.

Emptied out the cup by someone ranked 4 millionth... they had Willian and captained Aaron Mooy. :muggy:

I'm fairly sure William had scored 2 goals and barely played before yesterday.

Decent week for me and that’s with two players coming on as subs and only picking up a point, also Sane didn’t play at all. 

Thank god i captained De Bruyne.

Its getting difficult this time of year with so many games and squad rotation. 

On 14/12/2017 at 11:16, Say What Again said:

I transferred out Silva on Saturday.

He's scored 3 goals in the 4 days since :lol:

Can't help trouble...    :)

Out of cup...... So Will concentrate on league.....

Hope to go up several places today, touch wood.....

6 hours ago, hueyview said:

Can't help trouble...    :)

Out of cup...... So Will concentrate on league.....

Hope to go up several places today, touch wood.....

Stirling done well again.....

Onwards and upwards

• 3 weeks later...

Take it the English premiership continues throughout the Scottish break.

Lot of top players going overseas....

Back on Saturday...  Looking to get Salah and Aguero back in.

Not sure if Kane's away yet.  Van Dijk looks promising.........

• 2 weeks later...

Brought in Aguero, Wilson, Oxlade-Chamberlain and van Dijk for Rooney, Depoitre, Eriksen and Vertonghen for an 8 point hit.

Wilson, Ox and VVD are all owned by less than 5% of teams and Aguero is only around 22%. I'm making a few gambles to try and catch up before the blank and double game weeks. I'm planning on bringing in Albrighton and Fraser in a couple of weeks, Richarlison and Loftus-Cheek dropping out, both Albrighton and Fraser are also under 5% ownership.

Bournemouth could be a decent fantasy asset, I read they've had the 4th most shots on target in the last so many games, Wilson and Fraser performing well, also Ibe. Leicester have some very good fixtures coming up but I'm avoiding Vardy because he does better against the better teams, he doesn't seem to be as effective against the teams that sit back, Mahrez and Albrighton were the two I'm looking at.

I think Chamberlain is worth a gamble at his price, he's getting forward playing in the central midfield three, he's played more games since Coutinho was sold and got a couple of goals in that time as well.

Dropped rank this week but have 3 Liverpool players to play tonight so hopefully a rise.

The four players I transferred out scored a total of 4 points, Vertoghen (2), Rooney (1), Depoitre (1) and Eriksen didn't play. Wilson (2) and Aguero (17) meant I'm 7 points better off after the 8 point hit, with van Dijk and Oxlade-Chamberlain to play tonight as well as Salah.

The two players I'm looking to bring in in two weeks, Albrighton (3) and Fraser (9) done alright this week. I'd like to get Arnautovic, a midfielder playing up front but he's too much to get him in without downgrading other positions. If West Ham don't bring in a striker and Antonio doesn't play that position when he gets back from injury, I'd consider trying to get him into my team. Kane going to Real Madrid would make it so much easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Gameweek 25 deadline is this evening at 18:45.

I've got Aguero captain home to West Brom, I've read rumours van Dijk is out with illness, I've kept him in my team in case that's wrong and he plays 90 minutes, Jones will come into my team if VVD doesn't feature.

FFS

Sitting at work today and considered whether to have a look at lunchtime. Figured I would do it later in the week since the games were at the weekend :facepalm:

• 1 month later...

Aguero captain in the MNF, Stoke have conceded 27 goals in their last 6 games against top-6 opponents in the Premier League, they conceded 7 in their last game against Man City, Aguero wasn't even playing that one.

I've trebled up on Liverpool players for the blank game week, the only top team that plays next week, I've got 8 players that play in game week 31, I will have 9 after my transfer next week, I'm looking at bringing Stanislas in for Ward-Prowse. I'm not too fussed about getting a full squad, there's no player outside Liverpool that I would want for more than a week or two. Unless you were to get really lucky, the difference between having 9 and 10 players next week will probably only be 2 points, definitely not worth a 4 point hit to get an extra Huddersfield or Stoke player.

• 1 month later...

8 teams not playing this weekend, I've used my Free Hit chip.

I think I've finally settled on a team. Firmino rumoured to be rested which helped distribute funds throughout the rest of the team. Aubameyang is in my team, he's a risk after Wenger's comments this week, saying he's using this game to prepare for the Europa League, Aubameyang is cup-tied for that competition so could be dropped for the West Ham game, but it also means it's less likely other teams will include him and I'm at the stage of the season where I need to take the chance, it's a big risk but potentially a big reward.

I wanted to go with Milivojevic, he has 38 points in his last 4 games and on penalties but it was hard to ignore going with Salah, Mane, 2 of the Man City mid's and Zaha has looked dangerous for Palace.

I've got 3 Liverpool, 3 Man City, 2 Everton, 2 Palace and Aubameyang. Wood to come on if he plays no part.

I got so bad I forgot about this :lol:

Not long to go though until cash prizes are dished out. Been burning a hole in my paypal acc all year!

Good luck to those involved in the run in

Edited by Homme

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks, sorry for not getting round to this yesterday but the fixtures are complete and the final table confirmed. Places and prizes are as follows:-

1. Gotta Griez'Em All - Bharat Batra - £145

2. Fiddey's Say Champs - Richard Fiddy - £70

3. Bayer Neverlusen - Stephen Anderson - £35

4. Bob Firmino's Teeth - Gavin Smith - £20

5. Jambo Wannabes - Douglas Evans - £10

Thanks again to everyone who enetered and congratulations to the guys above, who kept at it when the majority of us (myself included!) gave up!

Can i ask the guys above to contact me either by PM or email and let me know you prefer me to pay your winnings eg Paypal / bank transfer etc.

If there is enough interest in the pre-season then we can think about doing a competition next season again.

Cheers everyone

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Just gauging interest for this season coming, as the FPL website is ready to go again.

Also what are the thoughts on breaking away from a traditional points league to a head to head league table?

Let me know. If there is interest I will set up a 2018/19 competition soon.

thanks

16 minutes ago, Homme said:

Hi everyone,

Just gauging interest for this season coming, as the FPL website is ready to go again.

Also what are the thoughts on breaking away from a traditional points league to a head to head league table?

Let me know. If there is interest I will set up a 2018/19 competition soon.

thanks

I'm up for it and promise not to hijack Tarts username this time. (Sorry).