• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homme

• hueyview

• Statto

• tian447

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joined i'll pay up on friday been a hard month with these trips up north!

No problem. Plenty time to pay yet :thumbsup:

Came 2nd last year so best try again, sent the ?5.

And yes, What a save! is a Rocket League reference, couldn't think of anything else for now :lol:

And yes, What a save! is a Rocket League reference, couldn't think of anything else for now :lol:

:yas:

It's alright mate, I knew what you meant! :lol:

I've received your entry. Thanks and good luck.

How does that "draft" game work??

You enter a league. Before the season starts, you participate in a 'draft'. Teams are given an order to pick their players, teams pick 1 player per round, every round the order is reversed. Every player can only be drafted into one team, by the end of the draft, every team will have 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards, there's no budget or player values.

If you enter a public league, there will be 8 teams, a private league can have between 2 and 16 teams I think, the draft will start on a stated date and time, if you can't be online at the time of the draft, you can add players to your watchlist and rank them based on priority. When it comes round for your pick, you'll be given the highest priority player on your watchlist that hasn't already been drafted providing you haven't already filled that position in your 15 man squad.

Transfers can be made every week, you have to request transfers during the week leading up to 24 hours before each gameweek deadline, all requests are processed at this point, priority given to the lowest ranked team if a player is chosen more than once. In the 24 hours leading up to a gameweek, all available players become free agents and teams can transfer in whoever they want, I think this is first come, first served.

This is the type of game that would work better in a small group of around 4-6, if you have 16 teams, I think it would be too many. There's only a small number of forwards in the game that will give you consistent returns over the season, if you're one of the last to pick, you've got limited options for your first choice, presumably there would be no premium striker options left so your forced to go with a midfielder or an average option up front. There's far too much of an advantage for teams starting with an early pick if there's over 10 teams, in my opinion.

Jambo 4 Ever

You enter a league. Before the season starts, you participate in a 'draft'. Teams are given an order to pick their players, teams pick 1 player per round, every round the order is reversed. Every player can only be drafted into one team, by the end of the draft, every team will have 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards, there's no budget or player values.

If you enter a public league, there will be 8 teams, a private league can have between 2 and 16 teams I think, the draft will start on a stated date and time, if you can't be online at the time of the draft, you can add players to your watchlist and rank them based on priority. When it comes round for your pick, you'll be given the highest priority player on your watchlist that hasn't already been drafted providing you haven't already filled that position in your 15 man squad.

Transfers can be made every week, you have to request transfers during the week leading up to 24 hours before each gameweek deadline, all requests are processed at this point, priority given to the lowest ranked team if a player is chosen more than once. In the 24 hours leading up to a gameweek, all available players become free agents and teams can transfer in whoever they want, I think this is first come, first served.

This is the type of game that would work better in a small group of around 4-6, if you have 16 teams, I think it would be too many. There's only a small number of forwards in the game that will give you consistent returns over the season, if you're one of the last to pick, you've got limited options for your first choice, presumably there would be no premium striker options left so your forced to go with a midfielder or an average option up front. There's far too much of an advantage for teams starting with an early pick if there's over 10 teams, in my opinion.

Thanks for explaining this.

Sounds quite complicated...

I get paid at the start of next week will habe a wee look into it then and probably join.

I've tinkered a lot with my team in the last few day. I'm trying to get balance in the squad with 3 premium strikers, Lukaku is definitely in, plus two of Kane, Jesus and Lacazette. I'm edging towards Jesus just now because even though he is a rotation risk, when he plays, even if it's only 20 minutes, he scores goals for Man City and with Guardiola in charge, every Man City player is a rotation risk. Jesus is 1.0m less than Aguero as well and I think he might play more than Aguero this season if he stays injury free. Man City are one of the teams in this league that I think you have to have someone from them in your team. They will score a lot of goals.

Between Kane and Lacazette, I'm thinking of going with either Kane and Ramsey or Lacazette and Alli. The biggest risk in both options are both the Arsenal players. Ramsey had a good end to the season, scoring 1 and assisting 3 in the last 8 league games when Arsenal changed formation and went to 3 at the back, I've been hearing he's been getting forward in pre-season games as well, whether Arsenal stick with that this season or whether Ramsey can get consistent returns over the season is the question. Lacazette had a great record in France last season, if he settles well in the league and more importantly plays in the centre forward role, that could depend on transfers including Giroud and/or Sanchez, he could be a good player to have.

Kane is a player I never thought I would be leaving out but I just might, he's the most expensive player in the game, Spurs have Champions League football plus play all their home games at Wembley, Alli scored 1 more FPL point than Kane last season, Lacazette should easily outscore Ramsey. 19 of Kane's 29 goals came in the second half of last season, I think it could be a better strategy to wait until Spurs are out of Europe and bring Kane in then, by that point, we'll have a better idea who the value players are and be able to fund a Kane transfer. Kane will be on penalties though, if Lacazette gets penalties for Arsenal, it becomes a no-brainer.

For my defence, I had originally went for 4 top and 1 mid-range defender with the plan to play 4 or 5 at the back depending on fixtures, probably a 5-2-3. I think with so many teams playing with attacking full backs last season, it could be a good strategy, most premium (6.0m+) defenders will outscore most mid-range (6.0-6.5m) midfielders. I've since backed down a bit and gone 2 premium, 1 mid-range and 2 low-priced defenders with rotation in mind. I might end up going with 5 at the back, once we're into the season and we know who's starting and who are playing almost as midfielders. It's something worth considering.

Folks,

Apologies for not bumping this thread over the weekend etc. Just been hectic at wok and home.

I will post an update at some point tomorrow.

In the meantime it would be good to get a few more entries!

Cheers

jimmy the jambo

That's me in and monies transferred,If I'm any good,Maybe our DoF will be chapping at the front door in the next few months.

Broons Maroons

All the best troops

My final squad choices will go down to the last day, as many of the ?20 million plus players, a lot this season have not appeared on the club lists. Lukuku being one of the exceptions.

Unlike last season, I have to get all my selections playing...

Hi folks, apologies for not updating the last few days. Had a family member in hospital and been too busy at home. Back at work now so here is the latest:-

34 Teams so far = potential ?170 prize pot

26 Teams paid so far = actual prize pot of ?130

Still plenty time to pay but I would ask to get it in as soon as possible. Any members not paid up by the start of game week 4 will be removed from the league. Looking at the league there are one or two teams I think that are scams. I had an email from India asking if they could enter :lol:

Will try to get a push on the numbers in the next week and a bit to maximise the prize pot. Please invite your friends and family to enter a team!

Joined and paid.

Terribly-named Done by October. Honestly couldn't get MF Djoum out my head.

Don't worry, unless you're also going to be towards the bottom of the table, you probably won't be seeing my team name very often :lol:

In.  Le Saux Solid Crew.

Same bank details as last year?

There's so many multi million pound players this term still to confirm transfer....

Could have a ?300 million team...... Ha ha :)

In. Le Saux Solid Crew.

Same bank details as last year?

Hi mate. Yes same as last year, ending 625...

Bump for Monday.

Only have till Friday night to make sure you are entered and scoring points for game week 1.

Let's get those numbers up!

:jjyay:

Penalty taker behind Courtois :lol:

Courtois should be no where near penalties after that miss!

I just know if I swap him out now he'll score a hat trick against Burnley :sob:

Potential cash pot of ?240 so far. 48 entrants!

Really ramping up the numbers at the start of this week. Thanks folks.