***Fantasy Premier League Cash Competition 2017/2018***

Homme

Hi All,

That time of year again. The FPL competition run on JKB over the past few years is now open once more for the upcoming season. It was only a few weeks ago that almost ?300 in cash prizes was dished out to the 'lucky' winners! This has always been a popular competition so it would be great to see it grow even more this time around.

It's your standard Fantasy Football game. ?100M to spend on players with transfers available throughout the season. The rules are simple - the persons with the most points at the end of the 2017/2018 season is declared the winner. Last time around we had cash prizes for the top 5 players.

ENTRY TO THIS LEAGUE IS ?5 - Prize money will be the total amount collected by the cut off date of September 9th. This gives almost a month after the season starts to have your entry fee in. All prize money split will be decided by entrants when it is known what the total prize pot is. The more entrants, the greater the prizes and perhaps the more places we can award prizes to.

Payments can be made via paypal at [email protected] . In order to maximise the prize pot, please be careful when you send via this method. Select friends and family method and your full ?5 will be received with no fees taken.

Alernatively if you would like to send your entry fee via a bank transfer, please PM me for the details.

When sending details please include info such as your team name and JKB username. This makes it so much easier when collecting and to tell who has paid and who has yet to pay.

You can sign up and select your team here - https://fantasy.premierleague.com/ - Please note that to qualify for the first gameweek and to avoid playing catch up you must have your team selected by 18:45 on August 11

The league has now been set up and the code to join is 710953-169698

This competition has been approved by admin and permission has been sought to run it on JBK.

If any more info is sought please feel free to ask me. Use this thread for FPL discussion and to declare your involvement. Thanks and good luck!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homme

• hueyview

• Statto

• tian447

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in again this season, but will sort your payment out at the end of the month :thumbsup:

After the departure of Rherras, last season's team name no longer works so I'll be MF Djoum this season :lol:

Riddley Walker

I'm in again this season, but will sort your payment out at the end of the month :thumbsup:

After the departure of Rherras, last season's team name no longer works so I'll be MF Djoum this season :lol:

**** I wish I'd thought of that name.

**** I wish I'd thought of that name.

Quite chuffed with it myself :lol:

Ryan Jarman

Raoul Moatdrid will be back for another season of a okay start followed by a slow decent into giving up around Christmas. 

Fraggle1990

I'm keen for this. It's not letting me message you?? Regarding bank transfer.

Still reeling from my mate having Harry Kane triple captain last season on the final day to pip me for 200 quid in another private league.

I'm keen for this. It's not letting me message you?? Regarding bank transfer.

Still reeling from my mate having Harry Kane triple captain last season on the final day to pip me for 200 quid in another private league.

My message box is empty, not sure what the issue could be?

In and paid, Thanks again for running it last season.

Sy Douglas

Unbelievable Jeff-C

I've received your entry. Cheers!

BangkokHearts

I'm in. Will sort out payment by the deadline.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

The famous Tart of Midlothian are ready for the new season. This time I will make sure I don't go into hospital half way through the season.

Payment received from the following teams:-

Unbelievable Jeff-C

You Berra Believe It

Bayer Neverlusen

Tart of Midlothian

Whitateam

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

I also have received a paypal payment from Hugh McCauley. Hugh - can you confirm what your team name is please or have you not entered the league yet?

Edited by Homme

Payments received from the following two teams:-

GorgieRulesApply

Game of Throw Ins

Also, Golden Wonders now in league with received entry fee.

Decent start - we have a ?65 prize pot so far. Got up to ?275 last year so would be great to match that!

I sent payment through PayPal yesterday. Looking forward to this. Never played fantasy premier league before, have only played the sky one for the last few years. Looks a bit more complicated with the subs bench, triple captain and bench boost.

Edited by aam025

I sent payment through PayPal yesterday. Looking forward to this. Never played fantasy premier league before, have only played the sky one for the last few years. Looks a bit more complicated with the subs bench, triple captain and bench boost.

I've got your payment. Thanks a lot!

It's not too complicated. Couple of tips though - make sure you check your team every week and be selective with when you play your boosts etc! Remember you can change your team completely at the moment, right up until an hour before the first kick off.

League entered and payment sent mate. Cheers for running this again.

That's you in mate. Payment received.

Your turn next year again! :lol:

Thanks for running this again, team name - Lacapoints51.

Forgot to add a note with the payment with my username.

TemasekJambo

Thanks for organising this. I've joined the league (my team name is the same as my JKB user) and sent over my payment.

Thanks for organising this. I've joined the league (my team name is the same as my JKB user) and sent over my payment.

I've recieved your payment mate. Cheers!

Cash pot now at ?95 after a couple of days. Good going.

Sunday bump.

Couple of entrants to the league that haven't been in contact. Such are the names I'm not sure if they are spam or not :lol:

There are some cracking team names in this league :lol:

What a save!

What a save!

What a save!

Chat disabled for 4 seconds.

What a save!

There are some cracking team names in this league :lol:

What a save!

What a save!

What a save!

Chat disabled for 4 seconds.

What a save!

What? :lol:

What? :lol:

I was assuming the "What a save!" was a Rocket League reference, but possibly not :lol:

What's everyone's squad looking like so far?

I've invested heavily in attack and defence. 3 premium strikers and a strong defence with a lot of attacking potential. My 2 goalkeepers rotate well with each other. My midfielders cost 4.5, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0. All cheap players worth taking a chance on and it frees up funds for other positions. Loftus-Cheek could be a good shout, if he gets starts at Palace, there could be some value in him, he's the joint-cheapest midfielder in the game so it's a no-risk gamble.

A couple of places could change, I've got Tom Carroll for Swansea on the basis that Sigurdsson is away and Lacazette on the basis that Sanchez is away. If either stay, I might change a couple of things.

I'm also a bit uncomfortable with not having any Man City players but I think it might be better to wait and see how severe Pep's rotation is and who the guaranteed starters are first. I really want Jesus in my team, I think he could start more than Aguero this season but who knows?

In and paid.

Team name - Jamboholics

Thanks for running this!

Team entered and payment recieved.

Thanks and good luck!

Bump for Tuesday.

Up to ?125 potential prize pot. However I think a few spam teams are in there. Some foreign names - none of which have contacted me about joining or entering. I expect these will be removed at some point.