'Mass Brawl' at Hearts v Hibs womens match

CJGJ

Seems no matter what level the rivalry exists..oh and guess who started it

A WOMEN?S Edinburgh derby with players as young as 15 had to be called off after a mass brawl broke out on the pitch just minutes before the final whistle. The punch-up took place in the dying minutes of a Hearts and Hibs women?s reserve team clash featuring several youth players at Foresters Park in Tranent. The incident, which happened last Sunday, occurred at about the game?s 85th minute following an altercation between two rival players. The scuffle prompted parents and coaches from both sides to rush over the touchline before trading blows on the pitch. It is understood the referee tried to bring the situation under control but was unable to do so, resulting in the match being abandoned.

He said: ?It was in the 85th minute. Hibs were two-nil up and one of the Hearts strikers went up for a challenge and caught one of the Hibs defenders with her elbow. It looked accidental. ?As soon as she got up, the Hibs defender got up and started punching her. At this point the parents of the Hearts player ran up, then the Hibs parents ran on, and they were all fighting.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/women-s-hearts-vs-hibs-game-ends-in-mass-brawl-1-4491990

Luscious Laryea

Hibs class, even at that pishy level.

Not surprised.

An interesting thing about women's football that I've seen - the internationals on tv - is the very good sprit its played in. No dissent. They just get on with the game even after a bad foul.

Maybe another first for Hibs.

3fingersreid

My daughter was there and playing for Hearts , I was watching and it wasn't a great advert for women's football but that report in that publication is economical with the truth

My daughter was there and playing for Hearts , I was watching and it wasn't a great advert for women's football but that report in that publication is economical with the truth

Need to wait and see the outcome

John Findlay

In what way?

Tommy Brown

With all due respect, your statement, too.

Put the record straight for us, please.

hughesie27

Sounds like the Hearts girl went in elbows first and got a deserved kicking.

crichiejambos

Hibs class, even at that pishy level.

Not surprised.

Pishy level!!! That's no very nice...

Really?

Yes my daughter is also involved at Hearts and was given the information first hand.

The father entered the field to protect his much younger daughter

Hearts and Hibs girls regularly beat boys sides

hughesie27, on 01 Jul 2017 - 2:41 PM, said:

Surely no

So you would get some kicking off me if I got an elbow off you. I could kill you with a kick to the head.

You okay with that?

Tommy Brown

He said: ?It was in the 85th minute. Hibs were two-nil up and one of the Hearts strikers went up for a challenge and caught one of the Hibs defenders with her elbow. It looked accidental. ?As soon as she got up, the Hibs defender got up and started punching her. 

punkrockcroc

Anybody wearing the famous maroon jersey NEVER deserve a kicking.

Jaap's Sigh

Sniff sniff

You need to take a good look at yourself if this is your genuine thoughts.....if not then a poor attempt to troll

3fingersreid

With all due respect, your statement, too.

Put the record straight for us, please.

Happy to do so at a further time but I've been asked not to speak about it at the moment , I know that's a bit vague but I hope you can appreciate that

Tommy Brown

Happy to do so at a further time but I've been asked not to speak about it at the moment , I know that's a bit vague but I hope you can appreciate that

Point taken mate, cheers.

Tit. You don't have kids no? In fact I doubt you're capable with a comment like that.

tolcross lad

The EEN report exagerates the situation.There was no "mass brawl".Parents and coaches from both sides did not rush over the touchline and exchange blows.The journalist has either been given information that is wrong and has not verified what he has been told or is trying to sensationalise the incident.

The Hearts side contains quite a number of 14-15 year olds.One of them tackled a Hibs player towards the end of the game and it was a bad foul but not of the red card sort.Another Hibs player not involved in the the foul rushed over and pulled the Hearts player to the ground by the hair and stuck her elbow into the Hearts player whos dad went onto the pitch to pull this Hibs player off his daughter.This prompted the dad of the Hibs player to also get involved.There was an exchange of words and a scuffle.

The Hibs player is 18+ and an adult whilst the Hearts player is a child.It was an unsavoury incident.The Hibs player involved in the incident had previously played at Hearts.

The incident should not be seen as a reflection in general of Hibs coaching staff,the rest of the team or their parents.

Bridge of Djoum

Aye, wee lassies, ''deserve a kicking''.

tolcross lad

The EEN report exagerates the situation.There was no "mass brawl".Parents and coaches from both sides did not rush over the touchline and exchange blows.The journalist has either been given information that is wrong and has not verified what he has been told or is trying to sensationalise the incident.

The Hearts side contains quite a number of 14-15 year olds.One of them tackled a Hibs player towards the end of the game and it was a bad foul but not of the red card sort.Another Hibs player not involved in the the foul rushed over and pulled the Hearts player to the ground by the hair and stuck her elbow into the Hearts player whos dad went onto the pitch to pull this Hibs player off his daughter.This prompted the dad of the Hibs player to also get involved.There was an exchange of words and a scuffle.

The Hibs player is 18+ and an adult whilst the Hearts player is a child.It was an unsavoury incident.The Hibs player involved in the incident had previously played at Hearts.

The incident should not be seen as a reflection in general of Hibs coaching staff,the rest of the team or their parents.

3fingersreid

Tried to pm you mate but can't get it to send

The EEN is an embarrassment to Edinburgh.

Good post tolcross.

Rivalry is one thing but lassies playing football at a young age being misrepresented by Edinburghs local paper in such a way should see it banned by both clubs.

Captain Slog

Very impressed with the post from Tollcross Lad.  IMO he'd make a a far better, balanced, reporter than whoever sensationalised the EEN article.

Bearing in mind that I just joined kickback in order to vent my frustration after years and years of seethe at reading the more trolling contributions, I'm pleasantly surprised that one of my first posts is to congratulate someone for a sensible appraisal of what happened.  I think most of us would be hopping up and down with anger at a nineteen year old Hibs woman attacking a fourteen year old Hearts girl, and be shouting all over the forum about it.  TL has maturely just stated it like it was,

I'd put one of those thumbs up gifs at the bottom of this post, but I'm such a dinosaur I haven't worked out how to do that yet,

It's pretty crass when you think about it. They are clearly using this to stir the rivalry that's been brewed up the last couple of days over the lafferty situation. When in actual fact this would appear to be an alleged assault on a minor by an adult during a football match . Can only assume that's why the other lad has been asked not to comment . Poor stuff from the EEN .

buzzbomb1958

Hibs are vermin scum no matter the gender

Credit to you for getting so many bites,thought it was pretty obvious, clearly not! :rofl:

JamboFanTv

It does appear the lass was assaulted by a adult but I am sure Hearts ladies will make a statement when they can.

Archived