Bowie

hueyview

Flicking through TV, Glastonbury homage to Bowie....major tom..

1983/4 After leaving school, seeing him drinking in the tap o lauriston, glamming it...god bless him

Superstar bandied about like legend these days but Bowie was a superstar.

Kind of related, found a cover/tribute of life on mars by Lorde with Bowies band apparently playing the music. Its on youtube, worth a listen imo.

Kind of related, found a cover/tribute of life on mars by Lorde with Bowies band apparently playing the music. Its on youtube, worth a listen imo.

That would be a tribute performance at the Brit Awards. It was decent.

The greatest of all time, an absolute superstar. Hunky Dory was a phenomenal album.

Never understood people being upset when a celebrity dies but when he passed away in Jan 2016, I got it.

Ashes to Ashes, Cygnet Committee, We are the Dead. All songs where his genius will never be matched.

I tend to listen to certain bands when I am in a given type of mood. With Bowie there is something there for all moods in his discography.

Heathen is a very underrated album. I find myself going back to it a lot.

For songs, I never tire of hearing Station to Station. Its an epic.

crunchy frog

He covered nearly every genre over 40 years, not sure if anyone has ever matched that feat. Station to Station is brilliant.

I bought them all. Low and Scary Monsters for me. I even bought the first Tin Machine album and really liked it. Don't hit my face!

Did Bo like boaby.. never sure :uhoh2:

Though a class act Re

He was bi-sexual if that's what you mean.

He was married twice from 1970-1980 to Angie Barnett then from 1992 until his death to Iman Abdulmajid.

He was bi-sexual if that's what you mean.

He was married twice from 1970-1980 to Angie Barnett then from 1992 until his death to Iman Abdulmajid.

Yep.

Doesn't matter a jot of course.

The guy was a genius.

LeylandJambo

As much as I hate Chris Moyles the most apt thing I ever heard him say was "if there's any prospective bands listening to this show if you want to know about writing music then listen to this song". And proceeded to play Heroes.

Archived