'One in a Million' club scheme launched

CJGJ

The club is delighted to introduce our new One in a Million Rewards Scheme:

What is ?One in a Million??

Heart of Midlothian FC is undertaking a major programme of redevelopment that will cement our place in our Gorgie home for the foreseeable future. With 75% of the funding required secured at the outset of the programme, a healthy business outlook across club commercial lines is addressing much of the shortfall. The Club always planned that a portion of funds would come from additional supporter contributions in response to some special fundraising initiatives. Accordingly, the "One in a Million" fundraising programme was born!

The "One in a Million" programme is designed to raise ?1 million of additional funds over a 6 month period, when these funds are most needed for completion of the redevelopment, while at all times, offering an immediate or future benefit to our supporters in return.

We have raised over ?350,000 in the first 6 weeks of the programme and are now launching this rewards scheme to provide real cost savings to fans in return for an upfront donation to the Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund.

Your Rewards

The scheme offers savings across a range of popular products and experiences that are widely used by fans.

In return for a donation of ?100 (or ?50 if you are a current Foundation of Hearts Pledger with a minimum of 250 maroon points or you have bought the Season Ticket Guarantee and Price Freeze option), supporters can enjoy great discounts on some very popular Club and partner offerings.

The principle is simple. Join up now, if you can, and this will help the club in the short-term, but do so, knowing that you can easily get your contribution back between now and the end of Season 2017-18, simply by taking advantage of the terrific offers.

Previously scheduled to be available for the start of the new season, the club has decided to launch early to enable supporters to take advantage of the Clubstore discount offer. Fans can save 10% on all non-sale items including all new Umbro kit. Partner offers will be available from w/c 3rd July.

Supporters can sign up as a One in a Million member by calling 0131 200 7271 or by completing this form  

Fans will be also able to sign up for One in a Million if they visit the Clubstore this Friday evening for the kit launch event. You will receive a welcome letter by return that you can show immediately in the Clubstore to enjoy a discount of 10% on all non-sale items including the new Umbro kit.  In July, you will receive an official welcome pack with your personalised membership card, your ?I?m One in a Million? badge and full details of how to take advantage of all other Club and Partner offers.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5985

Basil Hayden

Would be nice to have an easy web/paypal option for us foreign folks

Booklet full of typos and grammatical errors. How can this get published without these getting noticed?

Would be nice to have an easy web/paypal option for us foreign folks

You're not likely to be able to take up any of the offers as they will be primarily Edinburgh based I'd imagine.

Its not exactly selling it to me with the offer and it does feel like going back to the well once to often.

Wont probably stop me getting it though.

Guess they have to start somewhere. Info says they want to add more to the scheme over time.

Can anyone enlighten me on the season ticket guarantee and price freeze option referred to in the offer.  I've heard about this but haven't seen anything official about what it entails and how to take the offer up.

edit - skip that request, just found details on the Hearts website

:facepalm:

My reservation with this such of scheme is that you tend not to use many of them.

Also, many offers can be earned other ways, such as subscribing to the firm or restaurant, or ny looking up voucher codes or for vouchers online.

If we had a better idea of wahr offers had been secured, it would be easier to make an informed decision. Maybe 3rd July will help, where the partners are revealed, and hopefully the actual offer - though why not now, if we are selling them now?

I guess it is cheap to run though, and should make the club some money, so no harm in trying. I will be pleasantly surprised if it achieves ?1 million though.

Francis Albert

Didn't FoH offer a similar Rewards Card scheme  with discounts at mainly local outlets about 3 years ago? Presumably it is still in operation in which case isn't there a bit of duplication here? Did anyone use the FoH card? There has been no word about how that scheme fared.

My reservation with this such of scheme is that you tend not to use many of them.

Also, many offers can be earned other ways, such as subscribing to the firm or restaurant, or ny looking up voucher codes or for vouchers online.

If we had a better idea of wahr offers had been secured, it would be easier to make an informed decision. Maybe 3rd July will help, where the partners are revealed, and hopefully the actual offer - though why not now, if we are selling them now?

I guess it is cheap to run though, and should make the club some money, so no harm in trying. I will be pleasantly surprised if it achieves ?1 million though.

It's pretty much no use really, just another donation.

I really wish we'd just done a proper debenture scheme or 500 club style scheme.

These smallish value schemes are designed to pull at average punters who generally are stretching themselves to support all these fund raising plans.

They should be aiming at businesses and more affluent fans with the like of the debentures et ...

They should also have a business club for all small and local business, giving networking events etc....

No doubt the fans will back this as we've done since the start, but the well will dry up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy to make another contribution towards the cost of getting the stand completed. Can you just make a donation?

I'll never use any of the things on this scheme. Don't think I qualified for price freeze on season tickets, so can't make a payment that way either.

Didn't FoH offer a similar Rewards Card scheme with discounts at mainly local outlets about 3 years ago? Presumably it is still in operation in which case isn't there a bit of duplication here? Did anyone use the FoH card? There has been no word about how that scheme fared.

FoH did launch a Premium Benefits scheme, but I don't think it was an exclusive scheme. I think they offer to others, branding them according to the business they have paired up with.

I personally have never used it and dont expect to, as there is little of interest. I am not all that bothered though, as it did not cost me ?50 or ?100, as I would have made my FoH payments anyway, at the same level.

I used the FoH one once. Still got the membership card. I did think this sounded pretty much the same idea when reading it.

The club seem to keep over complicating things.... in addition to this why not make it simple for fans to donate through PayPal.

As a main stand season ticket holder I would like to lock in my seats for cup games and donate an extra ?100 to the club. Our ticketing system won't let me or other fans in the main stand do this without paying ?200 for the privilege.

It seems we have signed up and announced three partners so far: Nando's, Vittoria Group and the Veranda Restaurant.

It's pretty much no use really, just another donation.

I really wish we'd just done a proper debenture scheme or 500 club style scheme.

These smallish value schemes are designed to pull at average punters who generally are stretching themselves to support all these fund raising plans.

They should be aiming at businesses and more affluent fans with the like of the debentures et ...

They should also have a business club for all small and local business, giving networking events etc....

No doubt the fans will back this as we've done since the start, but the well will dry up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you re a debenture.

If it had been launched in January / Feb just before things went really shit I reckon a near million would have been raised. A the membership card would have sufficed for say a 3 year period instead of a formal ?100 back a season.

Re the non ordinary fans, we've just announced a 36 grand a year season ticket.

I'm sure if you look hard enough across the web you would get similar deals but I'll be signing up.

Will try and get a 4 ball at Dalmahoy and maybe the overnight spa.

There was talk of a specs outlet but not announced yet. Hopefully it's on the lenses and just not the frames. For us blind freckers, it's not the frames, even the designer ones, but getting the lenses slimmed down. that cost you an arm and both your legs,

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I think the lack of a debenture scheme is a miss. Could easily see 3-4K people signing up for ?500 each or possibly more.

davemclaren

I think the lack of a debenture scheme is a miss. Could easily see 3-4K people signing up for ?500 each or possibly more.

A debenture or 500 club tyoe scheme is effectively fans giving the club a loan which is a liability that needs to be repaid and is a liability on the balance sheet. The current stuff are all effectively donations.

Captain America

It seems we have signed up and announced three partners so far: Nando's, Vittoria Group and the Veranda Restaurant.

Surely a link up with Nando's is enough to make Nicholson stay?

:gok:

Didn't FoH offer a similar Rewards Card scheme  with discounts at mainly local outlets about 3 years ago? Presumably it is still in operation in which case isn't there a bit of duplication here? Did anyone use the FoH card? There has been no word about how that scheme fared.

Theres and FoH card???

How did/do you get one of those if you have paid since its inception?

I don't really care about the discounts to be honest although i'm in FOH i'll gladly give the One in a Million ?100.

Stephane Grappelli

Little use to anyone that lives outwith Edinburgh or Fife.

**** them. Anyone who doesn't live in Edinburgh and doesn't have a valid reason for so doing, can ****ing get themselves right tae ****.

indianajones

**** them. Anyone who doesn't live in Edinburgh and doesn't have a valid reason for so doing, can ******* get themselves right tae ****.

[emoji38]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

**** them. Anyone who doesn't live in Edinburgh and doesn't have a valid reason for so doing, can ******* get themselves right tae ****.

can't argue with this.

Well said Sir.

KineticBeat

Seems like a decent enough idea for a money raiser. 

If people think they'd get use out of it and go for it - the more the merrier.

If people don't - then no bother.

Easy.

Bit archaic though. You have to download a PDF, print it off, fill it in & post it. Or phone (I did but the person wasnt in & hasnt called me back yet).

Would have thought an on-line form would be the way to go with this.

I think if we really want to put revenue into the club on top of everything else we should be getting into the hearts store at every opportunity.

New shirts, kids kits, birthdays, fathers day etc etc etc.

Every little helps.

132goals1958

Never ever bother about the discounts and 2 for1 meals that I can access. They should perhaps consider exclusive opening night offers in the new corporate facilities which I am sure would stimulate much more interest. 

Never ever bother about the discounts and 2 for1 meals that I can access. They should perhaps consider exclusive opening night offers in the new corporate facilities which I am sure would stimulate much more interest. 

I agree.

Do we know if there will be a 'Hearts Restaurant' open on non-match days in the top suite? That I would be very interested in.

I agree.

Do we know if there will be a 'Hearts Restaurant' open on non-match days in the top suite? That I would be very interested in.

From what I have been told that will not be the case. They do hope to hire it out for private parties, weddings, etc.

From what I have been told that will not be the case. They do hope to hire it out for private parties, weddings, etc.

Thats a shame. With a decent chef theres a killing to be made there with the views across to the castle.

MacDonald Jardine

It all looks quite underwhelming.

I see it's ?10 to attend the main stand auction too.

The club are in danger of looking desperate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It all looks quite underwhelming.

I see it's ?10 to attend the main stand auction too.

The club are in danger of looking desperate.

The Club have every right to maximise all possible revenues.  If it all underwhelms you then don't subscribe.

davemclaren

The Club have every right to maximise all possible revenues. If it all underwhelms you then don't subscribe.

Correct.

MacDonald Jardine

The Club have every right to maximise all possible revenues. If it all underwhelms you then don't subscribe.

They do but it does come across as a bit desperate.

Vlad or especially Robinson would have been crucified for schemes like this.

Francis Albert

Folk moaning already

Indeed. Can't make any comment without people with a different opinion moaning.

Francis Albert

Theres and FoH card???

How did/do you get one of those if you have paid since its inception?

I think you had to ask for it and they sent you. It is/was the first "Reward" in the FoH reward scheme which was available to all members without needing to accumulate points. You could pick them up from FoH at first in the now demolished old police/admin/shop building but I never bothered as the offerings like this one were no use to a non-local.

As fund raising goes it seems pretty unimaginative for Hearts to basically replicate the FoH scheme and I'd be surprised if it makes a big dent in the funding gap.

A debenture and/or 500 club type scheme seem to me the obvious ways to raise the money needed. It may be "mortgaging the future" but on a modest and affordable scale. To the extent this scheme (and the ST "price freeze") includes discounts of Hearts merchandise, STs etc it is also "mortgaging the future". I hope we don't farf about for too long and risk not delaying completing the hospitalty and other revenue earning features of the new stand beyond January.

I think you had to ask for it and they sent you. It is/was the first "Reward" in the FoH reward scheme which was available to all members without needing to accumulate points. You could pick them up from FoH at first in the now demolished old police/admin/shop building but I never bothered as the offerings like this one were no use to a non-local.

As fund raising goes it seems pretty unimaginative for Hearts to basically replicate the FoH scheme and I'd be surprised if it makes a big dent in the funding gap.

A debenture and/or 500 club type scheme seem to me the obvious ways to raise the money needed. It may be "mortgaging the future" but on a modest and affordable scale. To the extent this scheme (and the ST "price freeze") includes discounts of Hearts merchandise, STs etc it is also "mortgaging the future". I hope we don't farf about for too long and risk not completing the hospitalty and other revenue earning features of the new stand beyond January.

I am not sure if you need to be an FoH member to get one, as I think it is just the card that is branded.

The Premium Benefits website is very generic, and all you do is choose your city. There is an option on the website to subscribe to it.

I could be wrong though. Ther still could be some sort of criteria, though how Premium Benefits would know if you are an FoH member or not, I don't know.

Indeed. Can't make any comment without people with a different opinion moaning.

Correct. They are either moaners or Hobos.

The thing is, I haven't seen anyone moan on this thread.

Some people like the scheme, others are indifferent or simply underwhelmed. Hardly the same thing.

They do but it does come across as a bit desperate.

Vlad or especially Robinson would have been crucified for schemes like this.

NEITHER of the aforementioned built a spanking ?12m stand though..........did they?

Archived