• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, kila said:

:laugh:

I never noticed at first, wondered what the point in the video was

The white line at the bottom is the top of the advertising hoardings.

The pitch paint just so happens to be running exactly along the shadow line.

5 hours ago, kila said:

13423.png.b71d498b7913317d321a4435309e491f.png

Loving the lack of minimum pricing in Wales then :lol:

:wub:

34 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Pretty sure an English Premiership player doesn't need to worry about the cost of booze

:munny: 

Congratulations Mr Paterson. World is your oyster now lad. 

Get him on the pitch at half time smashed as we are 2 up Weds night.  Loved a match against them from a very early age.

Edited by Juanjo15

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Bryson kens Buckfast wasn't affected.

Screenshot_20180506-204721.jpg.dcf6dcb209e869ab009672ca0cdd4063.jpg 

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Bryson kens Buckfast wasn't affected.

Screenshot_20180506-204721.jpg.dcf6dcb209e869ab009672ca0cdd4063.jpg 

Weren’t we linked with Bryson when JJ came back? Some player he turned out to be. 

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Weren’t we linked with Bryson when JJ came back? Some player he turned out to be. 

We were heavily linked when he was with Killie IIRC. 

6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

We were heavily linked when he was with Killie IIRC. 

Thought so.  Him and Medhi at same time I think.  Didn’t he play in the Clyde team that pumped my beloved bhoys (is that how you do it) too? 

Bluesy1874

He also won their young player of the year award last night. Well deserved in my opinion. 

gashauskis9
18 minutes ago, kila said:

:laugh:

The lad’s got cult status down there now.  Delighted for him, he’s a cut above your average Academy graduate.

chester copperpot

If there's a team desperate to be promoted back to the Premiership, then he would be my number one target.

I would reckon Cardiff will get loads of offers from Championship and Lower EPL teams.

They don't need to accept them now mind you with 200m + coming there way next year right enough.

Certainly built himself a profile and a reputation - he’ll go places and still yokels on here will say he isn’t that good....

Armageddon
12 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

If there's a team desperate to be promoted back to the Premiership, then he would be my number one target.

I would reckon Cardiff will get loads of offers from Championship and Lower EPL teams.

They don't need to accept them now mind you with 200m + coming there way next year right enough.

12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cardiff will keep him I think

But how often he actually plays is another matter 

Haha aye, they'll move on to a Championship side, or not play their Young Player of the Year ... I'm saying they'll sell him for £30M in January to Liverpool after he's scored 12 goals.

12 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The lad’s got cult status down there now.  Delighted for him, he’s a cut above your average Academy graduate.

Spot on.

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Haha aye, they'll move on to a Championship side, or not play their Young Player of the Year ... I'm saying they'll sell him for £30M in January to Liverpool after he's scored 12 goals.

I seriously hope so, however I wouldn't rule out one of the relegated teams from this years EPL trying to buy him.

As mentioned, he's custom built for that league. Hope it happens your way now, and Cardiff have no need to sell him now.

I reckon he's currently worth about 10-15M by English standards.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Could do. Hopefully. 

I can see that happening or him Ditton the bench. 

No In between. 

Hopefully a few high profile goals and a big stupid move to another club. Please not celtic, tho. 

Stephen Muddie
4 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Sickening that we only got a few hundred grand for him.

I'm not sure what our sell on % is (well done to Dr Funk for inserting that) but all we can hope as a club is that his next move is for megabucks and a useful amount filters down.

As long as he is happy I'm not bothered though :sob:

Tynecastlesmychurch

Oliver Burke is the current most expensive Scottish player (in terms of a single transfer fee paid for him) at around £15 million pounds.

Andy Robertson has been valued over £40 million. How much do we reckon Callum will go for? Hopefully £30 million plus as aparently we've got a 15% sell on clause?

Heartsofgold

As much as I like Callum and compare him to Andy Robertson's rise down south, Robertson is now a proven EPL level player with an almost guaranteed starting place in the Liverpool team.  There's a good chance he will shortly be a Champions League winner as well in my opinion, which firmly cements him in the £40-£50 Million player bracket (but only in the crazy EPL prices).  

Callum has got to do exactly the same as him, perform well in a lower EPL team and get a move to one of the big 5/6 clubs.  Arsenal and Chelsea are probably about to go on a major rebuilding/recruitment drive but it's too soon for him with those clubs. 

In my opinion, if he performs, scores a few in the EPL and gets media recognition for his efforts then someone will spend £20-£25 million to take him off Cardiff's hands but not till next Summer.  He needs the full EPL season for people to see what he's about and can do and also to see if he realises his potential in the EPL.  He's physically strong enough and fit as hell, he can run all day but he needs to prove that there's more to his all round game to prove his worth.

• 1 month later...
Gulf Jambo

Just been given a new 4 year bumper deal!

It's great for him. Could be an amazing year in the Premier League for the lad

2 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Good luck to the lad. 

He could earn us a right few quid. 

Just now, Gulf Jambo said:

I seen a couple of days ago a cardiff boy got a new contract and I thought maybe CP would be in the queue for one to boot...

Absolutely chuffed to bits for him ..set him up for life I would imagine by the average Joe's standards...

Hopefully we use CP as a benchmark for others...gifted boy who has knuckled down and really made the most of his talents and now playing in the richest league in the world...

Really happy for him and us re his development and legacy....

Now somebody come in for him and throw silly money about please!!!

Well done son ☺

Really looking forward to a other season following the exploits of CP.

If he'd gone to the OF, I wouldn't give a toss.

stuckinsunderland

might have to start watching MOTD again now that there's someone with character to keep an eye out for

• 2 weeks later...

Calum starts tonight v Torquay United away in their Cardiffs pre season game in Devon/Cornwall after winning 11-1 v Bodmin the other night - Dr Funk didn't score though.

Wish someone would hurry up and bid 20m for him.

If Danny Ward can move to Leicster for 12m and Martyn Waghorn can attract 5m bids then Patersons sell on clause will be enough to fund us for the next 3 years.

11 minutes ago, dryJTlaw said:

And to think some Hibs pals think he's limited !!!!

They might also describe Stokesey as a legend.

Fake news.

Alternative facts.

heartsfc_fan
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Will his new contract have affected our sell on percentage?

Doubt it. However it could benefit us as Cardiff may have set a minimum cause in his contract of someone ends up bidding for him.

I think he'll go for a lot of money. When you look at the silly amounts down there Paterson having a good 5 months and getting sold in January for £10 Million doesn't seem that crazy.

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, dryJTlaw said:

tbf, I think this, but limited v top end EPL, not limited for where he is.

He is at a very good level, but I think v Robertson/ Teirny for example he is limited. but that's, not a criticism, nothing wrong with the level he is at. 

Hopefully he scores a few goals, maybe even 1 high profile goal, see him going for £15m give or take in Jan. Not bad for being limited!

Limited players are going for £20m down there......

1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

tbf, I think this, but limited v top end EPL, not limited for where he is.

He is at a very good level, but I think v Robertson/ Teirny for example he is limited. but that's, not a criticism, nothing wrong with the level he is at. 

Hopefully he scores a few goals, maybe even 1 high profile goal, see him going for £15m give or take in Jan. Not bad for being limited!

Limited players are going for £20m down there......

No, very good players go for big money. 

Only 11 can play though and players and managers won't see eye to eye and things in sport happen to create splits and underperformance , even at the very top level. 

It's just not allowed at Hearts. 

sairyinthat

lso hope any moves for him by other teams are resisted for at least 2 full seasons we are not strapped for cash we can wait.

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

If Danny Ward can move to Leicster for 12m and Martyn Waghorn can attract 5m bids then Patersons sell on clause will be enough to fund us for the next 3 years.

gallery-1493295686-richard-attenborough-

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

What is the sell on %

1 hour ago, dryJTlaw said:

We will get more cash for this limited non hearts player than they will for the superstar that is John Mcginn:leveinnaturalorder:

Just now, benny said:

I know Callum asked for a sell on clause but did Cardiff agree to the 15% for definite. 

Did he not insist on it?