Paterson at Cardiff ( merged )

kila

I had £7 on him to be FGS at 21/1 (Betfair).

I also had £2 on him to score more than 1 goal at 93/1.

..... in the game v Preston the week before last. (He scores but not first).

Nothing on him today.

If I’d realised it was on telly I’d have probably done the same two bets and got over £300 back.

:(

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If he stays injury free he will be playing for a top 6 side in the premiership within 12/18 months. He was outstanding today. 15% sell on for us is a great deal. With the silly money in England he could go for 10/15 million no bother.

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Paul Allen said:

Also can’t believe how much his hair is greying!

I recall the guy McNaughton from Aberdeen who moved to Cardiff in his early 20s. Like CP, he had very dark hair and within a season or two, he was sporting the full Ravannelli white feather look. 

8 hours ago, Paul Allen said:

letsalldothebeattie
10 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Somebody should have mentioned that to the SKY co-commentator who didn't give him the MOTM award

What he never got MOTM? Why? Only saw up to the goal by Ralls but thought CP was excellent deserved the goal and was pleased to see he got a second. In what world does that not get you a MOTM award?  

5 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

If he stays injury free he will be playing for a top 6 side in the premiership within 12/18 months. He was outstanding today. 15% sell on for us is a great deal. With the silly money in England he could go for 10/15 million no bother.

They were playing Sunderland who were absolutely dreadful. I'd have stood out against them and I've got the turning circle of an oil tanker.

Does anyone else remember Paterson having that extra training with Robbo on his finishing? I think it might have something to do with his knack of always being in the right place in the box to get an early shot away.

Arthur Morgan

Happy to see him doing well down there. All the best Callum! 

Hopefully he goes on to sign for a top English side and in the process makes us money.

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

What he never got MOTM? Why? Only saw up to the goal by Ralls but thought CP was excellent deserved the goal and was pleased to see he got a second. In what world does that not get you a MOTM award?  

It was between Ralls and Paterson for him, but he went with Ralls

2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

The boy Ralls when he scored , commentator said he was the outstanding player on the pitch. Id of picked CP aswell but hey ho

11 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Said for long enough, as did others in debate , that he wasn't an out and out RB.

His weakness was defending when faced up with a winger. Quite easy beat.

But his strengths were more suited to an advanced position on the park. Seems they see it too.

Cardiff are on telly quite a lot so I’ve seen quite a bit of him. He’s had a couple of mares at right back. Not so bad at right mid. Yesterday they played him more central and he got forward from there a lot. He was outstanding. The boy who was MOM was pretty good too and pipped Callum for MOM for his glorious finish at the second goal 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, King prawn said:

They were playing Sunderland who were absolutely dreadful. I'd have stood out against them and I've got the turning circle of an oil tanker.

Does anyone else remember Paterson having that extra training with Robbo on his finishing? I think it might have something to do with his knack of always being in the right place in the box to get an early shot away.

Him hitting things first time seems natural to me.

Maybe his positions and anticipation were worked on, but like myself ( because I have a shit first touch) I tend to hit things first time, made me look cracking sometimes, but in truth it was because I couldn't trap a bag of cement!

Paterson doesn't have quite a big a problem bad me but imo he's far more confident hitting things first time... With both feet as well as his head- quite impressive.

3 hours ago, King prawn said:

That's fine, except I'd say that although Paterson and Ralls stood out, the other nine Cardiff players didn't so much. I reckon you'd be one of the nine!

I'm sure he mentioned it after the first derby of the admin season - the way he made the run to the near post to get on the end of Baby Gowser's cross was something Robbo had been working on with him. 

Yep. It does have to be remembered that the standard is deceivingly bad in that league. Those who have been to a game or two in that league will know that. Hearts would do okay in that league, especially if given access to the barrels of money swishing about in it.Paterson's future depends on how well he handles the step up to the Prem, because its a huge step IMO.

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Yep. It does have to be remembered that the standard is deceivingly bad in that league. Those who have been to a game or two in that league will know that. Hearts would do okay in that league, especially if given access to the barrels of money swishing about in it.Paterson's future depends on how well he handles the step up to the Prem, because its a huge step IMO.

It's a huge step if you come up against the clubs that are kicking the arse out of money at their disposal.

The bottom half of that league is just a scrap for points to finish at least 17th with very few decent matches.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

23 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

What I notice most is how many long range efforts that are scored. There are rarely any defenders or midfielders closing someone down when they are 25 yards from goal. You just don't get that time on the ball in the EPL.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, King prawn said:

What I notice most is how many long range efforts that are scored. There are rarely any defenders or midfielders closing someone down when they are 25 yards from goal. You just don't get that time on the ball in the EPL.

Or Spfl.

22 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It's a huge step if you come up against the clubs that are kicking the arse out of money at their disposal.

The bottom half of that league is just a scrap for points to finish at least 17th with very few decent matches.

Yes it is a scrap, but they're scrapping with a higher standard of player and some of them play some right good pacey football at times when they're not parking the bus and making sure they're on target for 38 points. They are all capable of getting something off the big boys too (Bournemouth yesterday for example)

I dunno if folk think the championship looks good on the telly, but if you go to a live game, with exceptions obviously, and compare it with what we are used to in the SPFL, there isn't a whole lot of difference, certainly not the gulf or the big step up in class that some would have us  believe it is. Ive been to Derby and Forest in the last year and its seriously underwhelming.

The bigger clubs  in the SPFL would all be in the mix for the play offs in the championship IMO. Especially if they had access to the resources flying about down there. There's a couple of decent teams every year but the rest are pretty gash.

Edited by Escobar PHM

Maroon Sailor

I'm looking at the teams that got relegated from the PL last season. Sunderland / Hull struggling and Middlesbrough are finding it a battle as well.

Seems to me the bottom half of the EPL is on a par with the Championship standard.

20 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I'm looking at the teams that got relegated from the PL last season. Sunderland / Hull struggling and Middlesbrough are finding it a battle as well.

Seems to me the bottom half of the EPL is on a par with the Championship standard.

I wouldn't say the whole bottom half. Certainly there are teams every year in the EPL that just lose the standard required and go sharply down hill. Sometimes the downhill doesn't stop even after they get relegated. Several examples of that over the years.

In the commentary for the Sunderland game they said we have 50% of any sell on fee. IMO that is a fantastic piece of business. The boy is going places

kingsknowe_jambo
3 minutes ago, Ecce Romanov said:

In the commentary for the Sunderland game they said we have 50% of any sell on fee. IMO that is a fantastic piece of business. The boy is going places

15% it is, commentators accent sounds like 50

Footballfirst
24 minutes ago, TurboT said:

2-1 to Cardiff tonight with Paterson getting the assist for the second

FT 4-1. Man City in the next round.

All Out Attack
7 minutes ago, Ecce Romanov said:

Sack the board ;-)

The 15% sell on clause was added by Paterson himself, it was nothing to do with Hearts as he was out of contract at the time.  

It was confirmed by the Cardiff manager. 

Hope the lad does well. If he keeps scoring goals he could very well make it to the big time. 

14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

FT 4-1. Man City in the next round.

Good. If he’s picked for that game and puts on a performance then he’ll be on the radar of the big clubs. Kerr-ching!

Selling top talent South at the right time with a percentage sell on clause is the way to go for Scottish clubs. Even Celtic are doing it now. Hamilton Accies have been doing it for years and they got a million from Everton for James McCarthy when he moved there from Wigan. Kudos to Calum for arranging the 15% himself and acknowledge the club who gave him his big opportunity.

5 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Good. If he’s picked for that game and puts on a performance then he’ll be on the radar of the big clubs. Kerr-ching!

Selling top talent South at the right time with a percentage sell on clause is the way to go for Scottish clubs. Even Celtic are doing it now. Hamilton Accies have been doing it for years and they got a million from Everton for James McCarthy when he moved there from Wigan. Kudos to Calum for arranging the 15% himself and acknowledge the club who gave him his big opportunity.

How much are Hibs getting from Forest for sending Cummings back up the road?

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

How much are Hibs getting from Forest for sending Cummings back up the road?

:D Nothing so far as it’s a loan as all transfers to Sevco are likely to be for quite some time...

15 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Man City really puts CP into the big time.

Hope he's fit, scores and plays a blinder.

Never know. He plays a blinder and Man City bid £10 Million for him netting us £1.5 Million in the process ??

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cardiff v Man City Sunday 28 January 4pm BBC 1

Calum’s already kept Raheem sterling quiet once, as a 17 year old. 

13 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Calum’s already kept Raheem sterling quiet once, as a 17 year old. 

Correct and all they could talk about was Sterling and how great he was. CP hardly got a mention. Hope and am sure he will go on to bigger and better things.

Watched the highlights there and he’s involved in everything for Cardiff. Pleased for him. Also glad that C Logan got dumped out 

scott herbertson
32 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Sheffield Wednesday v Cardiff live on Sky Sports in 10 mins.

10 minutes seems like 8 hours when you are waiting for a derby......

1 hour ago, neonjambo said:

Oops, sorry thought it automatically converted to Uk time.

Why the hell would they be playing at 9:30am lol

These sort of kick of times will come 

4 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Yea really surprised, scored two last week ffs...

Hope they get cuffed now.

Not first choice in any position yet 

Edited by Mikey1874

Was looking forward to this, Very strange for me to want to watch a game with an English team V an English team in the championship and have any interest at all.

Just hope he gets some game time.

14 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Was looking forward to this, Very strange for me to want to watch a game with an English team V an English team in the championship and have any interest at all.

Just hope he gets some game time.

Cardiff aren’t English...