• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...
On 13/12/2018 at 13:13, itsnomarooned said:

Blackface is condemned as racist, so isn't this homophobic?

Only if George Michael is an homophobe! FFS some people - snowflakes! LOL

• 5 months later...

We wouldnt be anywhere blnear the  bottom with callum here  

Bsmest player to com through the academy in years

Toxteth O'Grady
56 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

We wouldnt be anywhere blnear the  bottom with callum here  

Bsmest player to com through the academy in years

Top typing Alim😂

This man knew his best position, years ago.

Remember getting beat by Celtic 3-1 at Tynecastle. Callum had their CHs rattled. Might have been big Efe, the other was Virgil Van Dyjk.

Telling Celtic workmates that I didn't rate their CHs.

Don't know what became of either.

:lol:

Hearts John McGlynn.jpeg

Guest ToqueJambo

Love CP. Although I think Sean Clare (the redux version) is the nearest thing to CP we've had since he left, but with better all round skill and possibly a better defender.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Love CP. Although I think Sean Clare (the redux version) is the nearest thing to CP we've had since he left, but with better all round skill and possibly a better defender.

Imagine the banter if you had Clare and Dr Funk in the same squad!  

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Paterson’s weak part of his game when playing RB was defensively, in particular getting out of position, however, he’s still a better defender than Clare. Clare costs us goals by switching off when he’s supposed to be marking in the box (like the injury time winner Celtic scored at last season or the 1st goal last night which Paterson would have headed away).  

There are big similarities in the way they play, however, and not sure anyone knows the best position for either of them.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Paterson’s weak part of his game when playing RB was defensively, in particular getting out of position, however, he’s still a better defender than Clare. Clare costs us goals by switching off when he’s supposed to be marking in the box (like the injury time winner Celtic scored at last season or the 1st goal last night which Paterson would have headed away).  

There are big similarities in the way they play, however, and not sure anyone knows the best position for either of them.

I guess in his defence Clare is still learning the position but agree about the switching off and he's nowhere near as good in the air as CP. Similar goal threat in terms of shooting and Clare is possibly a better crosser and passer. Both about the same in terms of energy to get up and down the flank but CP is more physical. Be interesting to see what position they both make their own long term.

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I guess in his defence Clare is still learning the position but agree about the switching off and he's nowhere near as good in the air as CP. Similar goal threat in terms of shooting and Clare is possibly a better crosser and passer. Both about the same in terms of energy to get up and down the flank but CP is more physical. Be interesting to see what position they both make their own long term.

Clare use to fill in at right back for sheffield wednesday so he's not new to the position.

I think like Paterson he has qualities that allow him to do well at right back, mostly attacking from deep, however he's not a good defender. But in the modern day that role has kind of died, even at the top level.