Spanish and Polish clubs eyeing up Walker

eduardo.j

A top 6 Spanish and a top 4 polish club have shown interest in jamie walker, you'd have to feel If a decent Spanish side wants him he'd be tempted to go?

Wasn't there a Spanish club that made an offer before and he didn't fancy the move?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jambof3tornado

Still has a young family. Unfortunately if a scottish club offers a decent pay rise he will go there instead.

Love to see him push himself and go abroad.

Still has a young family. Unfortunately if a scottish club offers a decent pay rise he will go there instead.

Love to see him push himself and go abroad.

I agree as not only would we get a better fee he'd test himself more as well, he deserves a good move in my eyes.

siegementality

A top 6 Spanish and a top 4 polish club have shown interest in jamie walker, you'd have to feel If a decent Spanish side wants him he'd be tempted to go?

Wasn't there a Spanish club that made an offer before and he didn't fancy the move?

Where has this information come from?

A_A wehatethehibs

iirc it was Real Betis who were interested before but no formal offer was ever received by Hearts.

Whoever pays us 1.5 to 2 million GBP gets Jamie Walker.

If he gets a chance to move to Spain, he has to go there. I know he has a young family but that is the very very top level of football, that is not an opportunity which can be missed.

Where has this information come from?

I don't want to reveal my source but I can assure you it's 100% true.

If he wants to go then let him.

Anyone who's participated in the lowest points haul of any SPL side since late November is welcome to take a single fare anywhere as far as I'm concerned

siegementality

I don't want to reveal my source but I can assure you it's 100% true.

If I had a penny for every time I have read that type of post on here....

3fingersreid

It might be that the two leagues that have been mentioned might suit his style of play , I'd just like to see him use his obvious talent and start to dominate games.

If he goes and it sets him and his family up ,then fair play to the guy

Would rather he stayed but best of luck whatever he decides and like I posted on SAMs thread ,thanks for getting us back up

Top 6 Spanish side :rofl:

Villarreal or Real Sociedad wouldn't be necessarily out of the question.

The experience of players like Paul Lambert or Alan McInally show sometimes clubs see something that suits them and their league

Top Spanish club? I doubt it but a Polish club sounds more feasible. At least if true we'd get some sort of fee.

He effectively downed tools with the rest of the team (many never even picked them up in the first place) months ago and it pissed me off.  He really is a class act and his future is in his hands.  If he goes to Rangers then his career will have peaked at Hearts and I will have no sympathy.  Regardless of having a young family he should go to Spain if the opportunity arises.  I am sure his kids will be ok for a few years living in Spanish comfort- my heart will not exactly bleed for them.

Rudolf's Mate

Top 6 Spanish side :rofl:

This. There aren't enough facepalm to quite cover it. Add ?1.5 - ?2 million in there as well!

Think ed's been on career mode again [emoji23]

Rudolf's Mate

Villarreal or Real Sociedad wouldn't be necessarily out of the question.

The experience of players like Paul Lambert or Alan McInally show sometimes clubs see something that suits them and their league

I didn't get down as far as this post however I'd like to add :gok:

AlimOzturk

He effectively downed tools with the rest of the team (many never even picked them up in the first place) months ago and it pissed me off. He really is a class act and his future is in his hands. If he goes to Rangers then his career will have peaked at Hearts and I will have no sympathy. Regardless of having a young family he should go to Spain if the opportunity arises. I am sure his kids will be ok for a few years living in Spanish comfort- my heart will not exactly bleed for them.

Well, it really isn't as simple as you make it out is it?

His missus might not be up for it and he could effectively have to go over alone leaving his family behind.

Sometimes people actually like staying in Scotland.

Not everyone hates their country.

Kids are fickle and love routine and moving them out of the country for a relatively short space of time could hamper their development

I am sure walker will do what is best for him and his family.

Good luck to him if any of this is true

His missus might not be up for it and he could effectively have to go over alone leaving his family behind.

Not everyone hates their country

Not everyone hates their country

Alim, that is a strange thing to say my man.  Many career driven professionals leave their country to work abroad ? it has nothing to do with ?hating their country?.  If his missus puts the blockers in then it sounds like he needs to get himself a new missus.  He is a professional footballer and he has the potential to be very good indeed.  If his missus is that selfish and can?t move 1,000 miles for a few years to support her man then shame on her.  Of course, I don?t know their business but from the outside it is black and white.  I think this is part and parcel of the role of a ?WAG?. And if she doesn?t like it then perhaps she should marry a sparky or a plumber.  

Good luck to him if he leaves. No doubt is a talent, but his performances post Rangers game were abysmal. Never seen a supposed key Hearts player play so bad against Hibs.

Ibrahim Tall

Top 4 in Poland is fanciful let alone Spain.

He wouldn't be a starter for Legia, Lechia Jagielonia Bialystock or Lech Poznan.

If it is any of them it'll be Jagielonia though, Ziggy Gordon, Novikovas and Cillian Sheridan are all currently there but it couldn't easily be just made up for the same reason.

He effectively downed tools with the rest of the team (many never even picked them up in the first place) months ago and it pissed me off. He really is a class act and his future is in his hands. If he goes to Rangers then his career will have peaked at Hearts and I will have no sympathy. Regardless of having a young family he should go to Spain if the opportunity arises. I am sure his kids will be ok for a few years living in Spanish comfort- my heart will not exactly bleed for them.

If he goes to rangers expect him to join Templeton at Hamilton before the end of the decade.

If he goes to rangers expect him to join Templeton at Hamilton before the end of the decade.

Yup how many times must we see this happen.  

A top 6 Spanish club and a top 4 polish club wouldn't even be on the same level.

Alim, that is a strange thing to say my man.  Many career driven professionals leave their country to work abroad ? it has nothing to do with ?hating their country?.  If his missus puts the blockers in then it sounds like he needs to get himself a new missus.  He is a professional footballer and he has the potential to be very good indeed.  If his missus is that selfish and can?t move 1,000 miles for a few years to support her man then shame on her.  Of course, I don?t know their business but from the outside it is black and white.  I think this is part and parcel of the role of a ?WAG?. And if she doesn?t like it then perhaps she should marry a sparky or a plumber.  

Spot on.  When she became his WAG she must of known that Jamie could well move away from Edinburgh as his career develops.

Don't know how old his kids are, either way a great learning experience for the whole family.

Say What Again

Top 4 in Poland is fanciful let alone Spain.

He wouldn't be a starter for Legia, Lechia Jagielonia Bialystock or Lech Poznan.

If it is any of them it'll be Jagielonia though, Ziggy Gordon, Novikovas and Cillian Sheridan are all currently there but it couldn't easily be just made up for the same reason.

While JW is no world beater, I think to say he wouldn't get a start for a team that has Novikovas, Cillian Sheridan and Ziggy Gordon in it, is pushing it a little.

Bowmans_Boot

The higher level Jamie plays at, the better he will play.

I accept that he had a poor end to the season but at times he was unplayable before then. He is absolute class and would shine at a higher level. I really dont want to see him leave (he would be a massive loss and far, far bigger than some on here realise or like to accept) but would wish him all the best if he does.

letsalllaughathobos

Top Spanish junior club more like haha, we have been signing guys from the dregs of Spanish football and folk saying Walker who has 5/10 good games a season is top 6 haha, guys lucky to be in a top 6 team in Scotland ffs

Ibrahim Tall

While JW is no world beater, I think to say he wouldn't get a start for a team that has Novikovas, Cillian Sheridan and Ziggy Gordon in it, is pushing it a little.

They're not starters either, Jagielonia were top of the Ekstraklasa this year they'd hump any team in Scotland outside Celtic.

Spot on.  When she became his WAG she must of known that Jamie could well move away from Edinburgh as his career develops.

Don't know how old his kids are, either way a great learning experience for the whole family.

What if the WAG has a sick parent that she would be reluctant to leave in the UK?  She might find it difficult to settle abroad if she's worrying about things back home.  Sometimes things are not black and white.

Be surprised if this was true, certainly based on the last few months. Has the ability to change a game on his own. Sadly also can be anonymous. No consistency. Probably our best player this year but that's damning him with faint praise. A very good goals haul too. Possibly the only player I'd be miserable about losing.

What if the WAG has a sick parent that she would be reluctant to leave in the UK?  She might find it difficult to settle abroad if she's worrying about things back home.  Sometimes things are not black and white.

It is Spain not New Zealand.

They're not starters either, Jagielonia were top of the Ekstraklasa this year they'd hump any team in Scotland outside Celtic.

Sheridan is, and intact has been a revelation, since he joined in February.

I think he has 8/9 goals in about 12 games (including the winner yesterday, at BB Termalica (my mrs local team)

The Polish league is mentally tight at the moment

Legia Warsaw 43

Lech Poznan 41

Jagiellonia Bialystok 41

Lechia Gdansk 41

With one game left.

And if I remember correct, it's Legia V Lechia and Lech V Jagiellonia on the final day, title and European places (only 4th place will miss out)

I really hope it's ether lechia or Bialystok who win it

As for walker (sorry for going off topic)

I would imagine it would be Jagiellonia who would be interested in him IF(and I have no reason to doubt) the OP is telling the truth due to the fact they have a few ex Scottish based players.

Lech Poznan have had Barry Douglas(ex Dundee United left back) and Slask Wroclaw had Tom Hateley (now Dundee) and the Paixaio twins (now at lechia I think) in recent seasons so it could be any of them interested

I'd like an 'interested' Jamie Walker at hearts but if he wants to head abroad, fair play and good luck, just hope we Would get a good fee.

Though wouldn't surprise me t see him at Rangers in the next 3 years

Say What Again

A quick search of Soccerway shows Sheridan has started every single one of their last 7 games (that's as far back as I looked) and Novikovas has started 6 of those 7.

Rudolf's Mate

iirc it was Real Betis who were interested before but no formal offer was ever received by Hearts.

Whoever pays us 1.5 to 2 million GBP gets Jamie Walker.

If he gets a chance to move to Spain, he has to go there. I know he has a young family but that is the very very top level of football, that is not an opportunity which can be missed.

I'm going g to hold my hand up and admit I made a mistake. I thought we were talking about Sam [emoji85] I agree with with your valuation.

The higher level Jamie plays at, the better he will play.

I accept that he had a poor end to the season but at times he was unplayable before then. He is absolute class and would shine at a higher level. I really dont want to see him leave (he would be a massive loss and far, far bigger than some on here realise or like to accept) but would wish him all the best if he does.

Very much agree

vegas-voss

Ok it might very well be untrue but we are the greatest supporters at knocking down our own players.Others hype there players up receive big fees all we seem to do is talk ours down.

Ok it might very well be untrue but we are the greatest supporters at knocking down our own players.Others hype there players up receive big fees all we seem to do is talk ours down.

Agree. However the past 16 months or so it has been 100% warranted.

bernardbresslawsarmchair

My first response also.

top spanish nightclub maybe !!

100% agree, I wonder where in the league we'd have finished without walkers goals? He has been our best player all season and most consistent performer over the years yet folk don't think he'll get or deserves a big move?

I seem to remember a young Paul lambert leaving motherwell for dortmund and look how that turned out!

Walker up against the likes of Isco / Kroos / Modric / Bisquets / Rakitic / Iniesta would be a right laugh.

La Liga wound probably suit Jamie well. It's a little bit slower paced and there is no doubting his ability.

He had a poor second half off the season, but let's be honest, it must have been very hard not to get down in thst team, surrounded by imposters.

I hope he stays, but if he goes then hopefully it's abroad and he does well for himself & we get a decent fee.

vegas-voss

Walker up against the likes of Isco / Kroos / Modric / Bisquets / Rakitic / Iniesta would be a right laugh.

As it is for most players in Spain

Not all the players in La Liga are that level though

Bowmans_Boot

Agree. However the past 16 months or so it has been 100% warranted.

The last 16 months? Nonsense.

Archived