Derek Rae

Crete

One of the best commentators in the world leaves bt sport after tomorrow's game with Hamilton and United.Good luck for the future Derek.

One of the best commentators in the world leaves bt sport after tomorrow's game with Hamilton and United.Good luck for the future Derek.

Yes I heard that a couple of weeks ago on the wireless...

A good announcer with character.

Complete slaver who bangs on about a lot of shite while he should be concentrating on the game in hand

August Landmesser

Three posts in, and this has become one of the most JKB threads ever. :gok:

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Wot a surprise. 

Makes me wonder what tit we'll get stuck with as a replacement.

Could BT tempt Crocker over?

Stephane Grappelli

This.

jambos are go!

Competent but not outstanding commentator IMO.Always thought of him as a plonker since he developed a thick American drawl on the flight to join an Americsn Sports Network and to use it on radio pieces to Radio Scotland within weeks of leaving Scotia.

that's an Improvement mate...its usually doonhill by the second :)

Punks No Deid

One of the better ones IMO and one of very few commentators who regularly refers to us as Heart of Midlothian.

PeterintheRain

that's an Improvement mate...its usually doonhill by the second :)

Or the first.  

Meanwhile D Rae is one of the better commentators.  Doesn't get all moist over the arse cheeks and uses our Sunday name.  Which slavering Glasgow bigot are they going to replace him?

Complete slaver who bangs on about a lot of shite while he should be concentrating on the game in hand

....and with your post its very easy to see why you hardly comment on anything on here!!!!

Might be ok but like most commentators still an old firm rimmer.

He sounded as though he was almost ejaculating in the build up to kick off when Rangers and Celtic played each other in the semis.

invernessjt

He sounded as though he was almost ejaculating in the build up to kick off when Rangers and Celtic played each other in the semis.

I think that was Ian Crocker, not Derek Rae.

Glamorgan Jambo

very decent commentator who understands Scottish football is much more than the gruesome twosome. Will be a miss. Always loved his use of 'Heart of Midlothian' and his references to Sam Nicholson being like the new Bobby Prentice. A reference that seems about to come to fruition in terms of unfulfilled potential.

That would be difficult for him as BT Sport don't have the Scottish Cup rights.

The Apprentice

Nonesence! A commentator who actually does his research on the games he is covering and shows good knowledge of all Scottish sides particularly. Better than listening to someone like Pat Boner who knows nothing about anything other than Celtic.

That would be difficult for him as BT Sport don't have the Scottish Cup rights.

Apologies. Must've been Crocker.....(sorry Derek if you read JKB :D)

Maroon Sailor

Far better commentator than Ian Crocker for sure.

He is Mr Sarcasm

Also can't pronounce Murray and Currie - says it as Mer ree and Ker ree

Thought Police

Getting replaced by Rory Hamilton next season. Who he?

Or the first.

Meanwhile D Rae is one of the better commentators. Doesn't get all moist over the arse cheeks and uses our Sunday name. Which slavering Glasgow bigot are they going to replace him?

:facepalm:

Some folk on here knocking the wrong guy, not even knowing who they are attempting to discredit!! Shows the mindset of just lamenting anyone for the sake of it...

The chap in his 4 years on BT has always been very complimentary of the Hearts and shown great knowledge of all clubs outside the 2 uglies...

Nobody worth their salt could find issue with the guy, the one's that have tried have shown their lack of general know how re scottish football...

BonningtonJambo

Getting replaced by Rory Hamilton next season. Who he?

Premier sports commentator i think

CostaJambo

Couldn't be further from the truth. Not saying he doesn't try and hype up an OF encounter but he is not a fan of either.

Derek Rae a huge miss to the Scottish game

A very good and informed commentator, regularly took time to speak direct to players for pronunciation (none of this zaleeuuusssskaaasssss on his watch) and actually made dull games interesting, good luck to him

Rory Hamilton seems alright, does some sportscene and also did the Premier Sports commentary for our Away tie in Malta last season (as well as I believe the tv broadcast of the Manchester City friendly in 2014)

Could have been a lot worse

That's a shame actually, very good commentator who is always very fair and has good knowledge of the different leagues he's commentating on, seems like a really nice guy too.

Ferryjambo99

Provided the absolutely unforgettable commentary in the 'relegation derby'. He was on a podcast recently and said his two favourite stadiums were Dortmund's and tynecastle. Very good commentator who did a great job at representing all of Scottish football, not just the old firm

If I had such a thing as a favourite commentator then Derek Rae would be it. He's excellent. A real class act.

He was very good to us when we were in admin and helped us out with some fundraising stuff too.

Seymour M Hersh

He's alright as a commentator but I sometimes wonder why we need anyone commentating? After all we don't need one when we go to a game. Just the crowd noise for atmosphere would be an interesting test for a broadcaster brave enough to try. 

He's alright as a commentator but I sometimes wonder why we need anyone commentating? After all we don't need one when we go to a game. Just the crowd noise for atmosphere would be an interesting test for a broadcaster brave enough to try.

Ehhhh. Naw

Is that you doing a donkey impression?

No. I was just telling you that is a terrible idea that thankfully will never happen.

Seymour M Hersh

No. I was just telling you that is a terrible idea that thankfully will never happen.

Why is it terrible? Do you have Derek Rae sitting beside you commentating at Tynecastle (assuming you go to games)?

I used to like him but he was out of order recently when having a go at us for using notes.

Buffalo Bill

I like his use of 'Heart of Midlothian' too. Sorry to see him go.

Much better than Ian Crocker that's for sure.

Archived