Ian Black

alanbauld

Elias Henry Furst

Sergio had him playing consistently well which culminated in him bossing the cup final.

Good luck Blackie.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some single fish being spouted on here. Black was a decent player who was gradually improving, culminating in his MoM performance in the final. Anyone with eyes could see that. Even the pundits throughout thes season spoke about his improvement as a footballer and not just someone who could mix it up physically. Absolutely the sort of player we need in the midddle of the park.

Nookie Bear

Terrible footballer who was roundly hounded upon on here and in the ground for being a terrible footballer.

Turned up when it mattered though.

I sometimes wonder if football is really for you.

Sergio had him playing consistently well which culminated in him bossing the cup final.

Good luck Blackie.

Was just going to say this. Clearly a player there that really only Sergio was able to unleash. Was excellent that season and his performance on that day in May was one of the best I've seen from a CM in a Hearts shirt. Could have easily been sent off in the opening minutes though......makes it funnier when you see it now!

Good Jambo, most definitely "got Hearts" and his passion & desire is what we've lacked for a while.

JamboJimmyB

Would have Ian Black any day over the sheight we've witnessed in midfield of late.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Solid ball winner/shin snapper, cares about the club and could bring the drive and accountability we've been lacking. 

Bull's-eye

I sometimes wonder if football is really for you.

Thanks for wondering about me xxx

Strawberry Jam

His ball for Beattie to score against hibs in the derby before the cup final was inch perfect. Was fantastic in the cup final as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SUBSTITUTION

Blackpool 1-1 Exeter

Posted at61 mins

Ian Black - formerly of Hearts - comes on for Jack Payne. Can he continue that quarterback-style passing from deep?

He was part of the Hearts side that beat fierce rivals Hibs 5-1 in the 2012 Scottish Cup final at Hampden.

His ball for Beattie to score against hibs in the derby before the cup final was inch perfect. Was fantastic in the cup final as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was a thing of beauty, one of my favourite derby goals.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Well done to Black.

Fwiw, Blackpool staff are a shower of arseholes so I'd rather they stayed down and slowly died.

But well done to Black nonetheless.

Watt-Zeefuik

One of my first favorites at Hearts.  His gambling foibles and the tea and biscuits stuff at Rangers didn't reflect well on him.  Still, how can you fault him on the weekend the SC final is being played...

LogicalEric

Going by the Craig Gordon thread I'm suprised he's not being called a snake for celebrating winning the playoffs!

MacDonald Jardine

Going by the Craig Gordon thread I'm suprised he's not being called a snake for celebrating winning the playoffs!

Not really the same though is it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i wish jj was my dad

I thought Blackie started improving under Mr Jim and was a star of the team that had that great run. I would have liked to have seen how he would have developed long term under Mr Sergio instead of that diddy Mccoist.

socrates82

I thought Blackie started improving under Mr Jim and was a star of the team that had that great run. I would have liked to have seen how he would have developed long term under Mr Sergio instead of that diddy Mccoist.

I'd completely forgotten he went to rangers.

Our next manager - I would paint his hoose, pay him 10G a month as well as a free weekly pint/chippie/kebab/bird/Mars Bar ;)

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Solid ball winner/shin snapper, cares about the club and could bring the drive and accountability we've been lacking. 

He was hopeless in his first two seasons. The first season I saw him "play" I genuinely couldn't believe how bad he was. 

Those "shots" from distance. Jeeze. 

What's not to like.

Totally ran the midfield in the big cup final and also battered the thumb.

I also think that was one of the best midfield performances I've ever seen from a Hearts player in that final.

Absolutely masterful!

Good luck to the guy.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

He won't be back in Scotland unfortunately, would have him back in a heartbeat.

Hope he signs for Rochdale personally.

A_A wehatethehibs

been released by blackpool

He and Cowie were midfield partners at ICT

Whittaker, Berra, Cowie, Black how's that for a Scottish core. Get him signed. Should never have left.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Just seen him in Tranent, still confident he won't be signing for anyone in Scotland.

Another tug of war with the vermin

Zero chance he'd ever sign for them or be welcome tbf.

I'd take him in a second. Depends if he fancies it really.

He and Cowie were midfield partners at ICT

Whittaker, Berra, Cowie, Black how's that for a Scottish core. Get him signed. Should never have left.

unlikely but if theres any legs in the Allan McGregor rumour theres plenty backbone and experience and a few boyhood jambos to boot

32? I know I said on the Whittaker thread I'm concerned about signing too many older players but I'd take that tough tackling little shit back in a heart beat.

If we signed him and had Berra in defence I would be shitting myself if I supported the vermin.

Samuel Camazzola

I wouldn't take him. Let him top up his pension with one last deal in the English lower leagues.

32? I know I said on the Whittaker thread I'm concerned about signing too many older players but I'd take that tough tackling little shit back in a heart beat.

If we signed him and had Berra in defence I would be shitting myself if I supported the vermin.

Apt description, would also very much like to see him in a Hearts shirt again. The hobos wouldnt stand a chance against Berra and Black imo.

Borders Jambo

Apt description, would also very much like to see him in a Hearts shirt again. The hobos wouldnt stand a chance against Berra and Black imo.

The other aspect would be the influence of both on any younger players coming through, similar to Jimmy Bone and Sandy Clark with Robbo, Sandy Jardines influence etc

I would love Blackie back.

I'd also think it would influence season ticket renewal and help the fans identify with the team again, something that diminished from the transfer window last January

Captain Canada

I'd rather have Black than most of our current central midfield options.

However, I don't see it happening as he's probably not what Cathro is looking for.

Just seen him in Tranent, still confident he won't be signing for anyone in Scotland.

Was he driving the Bentley..?

When he puts his mind to it he's a great wee player. If he's matured a bit and cut out some of the rash stuff he would be a good addition to the squad.

Shanks said no

?Ian Black was quoted as saying this in December 2015

"The only club I?d come back up and play for now is Hearts,? he continued. ?I?m a Hearts boy, I was successful there and they were great with me. I left on good terms. Unfortunately, the way I left was for financial reasons and because of the way the club was going. They?ve got a new owner and they?re flying now. Maybe one day I can go up there before I finish my career and pull that jersey back on.?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/ian-black-i-ll-only-return-for-hearts-1-3977657

Archived