Beith

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I heard it suggested Angus Beith was to be given game time towards the end of the season, but for whatever reason that obviously didn't materialise. In fact he rarely even made the bench.

Angus has seemingly been highly rated for years by a succession of coaching staff but a number of horrendous injuries have beset his development, always seeming to occur just when he is approaching full fitness. 

Do we feel the time for sympathy is past and Beiths chance of making it at Heart of Midlothian has been and gone, or will we finally get a chance to see the potential next season...

He's 21 now and should really be looking to force his way into the first team. Obviously he's been hampered by injuries but I'm really doubting that he'll make it here.

vegas-voss

Needs to really force his way into the side in pre season.Got to have the drive to come in a impress

Morgaro Gomis

I'd heard that he got injured again towards the end of the season; hence why he wasn't even on the bench in the run in.

Not sure if it's true, but I'd have my doubts whether he's gonna make it here due to these injuries.

Can't see him being a regular next season .Jack Ross a massive fan of his so wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at St Mirren whether it be on loan or permanent .

Escobar PHM

There's one or two players in his vein who will get plenty of responsibility chucked at them next season if we don't sign the numbers required from outwith.

RustyRightPeg

He'll play next year. He's very injury prone, but he's held in very high regard at the club. A solid pre-season should do him the world of good.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I opened this thinking he'd been released, which is what I suspect might happen

Prince Buaben

I opened this thinking he'd been released, which is what I suspect might happen

I thought that too. 

This is make or break for him now. He needs to be playing. 

Cant believe he is only 21. 

hmfc_liam06

Barely played for us by 21. Sorry but he's not going to be making it at Hearts. He's best moving down to the Championship and trying to forge a career that way.

Howdy Doody Jambo

At 21 he should have been established in the first team by now, maybe a late developer

rudi must stay

Another guy we're going to release who's probably quite good. We have been poor at this side of it in recent years (after Paterson and Nicholson ofcourse)

Picked up a niggle towards the end of the season. Nothing serious this time thankfully, it was safer to just call it quits for the season rather than risk anything.

I believe he will be spending the first half of next season on loan at a championship club. Hopefully all goes well next season.

Seymour M Hersh

He'll play next year. He's very injury prone, but he's held in very high regard at the club. A solid pre-season should do him the world of good.

He's really not injury prone. His hip injury was a bone spur growing and causing friction with the muscle around the hip. The first op was a success but they later found they needed to do a bit of tidying up. That's ruined about 1.5 years of his development. The injury that may have lost him game time recently was only a minor groin strain (possibly after being on the fake grass at Riccarton v the vermin) but really only possibly cost him the last two games as opportunities. As a person he has exactly the attitude you want. Trains hard looks after himself, eats well etc etc. As a player he's got two good feet (though predominantly left footed) , a good range of passing, good technique striking the ball and likes a tackle (probably needs to calm down there a little). Oh and he hates the vermin. Hopefully next season he'll get a chance to prove himself at this level and hopefully gets the support of the fans (even if he makes mistakes).

Seymour M Hersh

Barely played for us by 21. Sorry but he's not going to be making it at Hearts. He's best moving down to the Championship and trying to forge a career that way.

Would have been playing instead of McKirdy but for the hip bone spur. He's rated highly by the DoF, Cathro and was also rated by Neilson. Sometimes lady luck has more to do with things than she should.

hmfc_liam06

Would have been playing instead of McKirdy but for the hip bone spur. He's rated highly by the DoF, Cathro and was also rated by Neilson. Sometimes lady luck has more to do with things than she should.

Yep, you look at Carrick too with similar problems. It's a shame but at 21, he's barely played any first team football.

Seymour M Hersh

Yep, you look at Carrick too with similar problems. It's a shame but at 21, he's barely played any first team football.

Read my post above the reply to you. 

hmfc_liam06

Read my post above the reply to you. 

I really do hope this is the season for him but I just feel at his age and his lack of playing time, it'll cost him.

He'll always have my support as long as he's a Hearts player.

The Treasurer

I'd heard that he got injured again towards the end of the season; hence why he wasn't even on the bench in the run in.

Not sure if it's true, but I'd have my doubts whether he's gonna make it here due to these injuries.

I'd heard this as well.

I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling he's another Dale Carrick, potentially looks a cracking player but made of glass.

Dr Ian Malcolm

He's really not injury prone. His hip injury was a bone spur growing and causing friction with the muscle around the hip. The first op was a success but they later found they needed to do a bit of tidying up. That's ruined about 1.5 years of his development. The injury that may have lost him game time recently was only a minor groin strain (possibly after being on the fake grass at Riccarton v the vermin) but really only possibly cost him the last two games as opportunities. As a person he has exactly the attitude you want. Trains hard looks after himself, eats well etc etc. As a player he's got two good feet (though predominantly left footed) , a good range of passing, good technique striking the ball and likes a tackle (probably needs to calm down there a little). Oh and he hates the vermin. Hopefully next season he'll get a chance to prove himself at this level and hopefully gets the support of the fans (even if he makes mistakes).

Sorry but he's missing games regularly through not being fit - he's injury prone. Unlucky aye, but we've heard for the last three years he's going be featuring in the first team, and due to one injury or another, he hasn't. It's unfortunate, but highly rated or not, if he can't get on the pitch, he's better off elsewhere.

Futurejambo1

Just turned 21 and some writing him off, 21 is young in terms of being a regular in a top Spl team, he is likely to go loan to the championship and get plenty games and then we can establish if he's good enough. He's had an unfortunate hip problem which is resolved by the sounds of it. Only watched him play in the 20s game v hibs and I was impressed.

hmfc_liam06

Just turned 21 and some writing him off, 21 is young in terms of being a regular in a top Spl team, he is likely to go loan to the championship and get plenty games and then we can establish if he's good enough. He's had an unfortunate hip problem which is resolved by the sounds of it. Only watched him play in the 20s game v hibs and I was impressed.

The reality is you need to have had games by 21, he hasn't.

Can you name me players that haven't played for the first team regularly by 21/22 who've gone on to have great careers with us or moved on to bigger things?

Futurejambo1

Can you name me players that haven't played for the first team regularly by 21/22 who've gone on to have great careers with us or moved on to bigger things?

I see what your saying. In his case there's a reaon he's not played and if he didn't have the injury he would probably have played under Nielson and we could make a better judgement on his future.

maroonnicky63

Shocking treatment to one of our young players. When you take into consideration the way Hearts have played in the second half of the season and this young lad does not even get a look in except to come on twice when we are 4 0 down to Celtic. This young guy has talent and should have been played, I hope he finds a club that will play him next season unfortunately I don't think it will be at Hearts

Morgaro Gomis

Shocking treatment to one of our young players. When you take into consideration the way Hearts have played in the second half of the season and this young lad does not even get a look in except to come on twice when we are 4 0 down to Celtic. This young guy has talent and should have been played, I hope he finds a club that will play him next season unfortunately I don't think it will be at Hearts

First, let me start off by saying that I don't overly disagree with your post. Beith should have got a lot more minutes than he did last season, I think injury put paid to that idea at the end. I also agree he possibly should move on to a lesser side who will play him regularly next year as he needs it for his development.

However, I have to ask; are you a Hearts fan or a "young player at Hearts fan"? The reason I ask, is that whilst admirable that you jump to the defence of any player who is young at Hearts, it would appear that you can't help but have a pop at Hearts whilst doing so.

I don't think I have ever seen you post without having a dig at something or someone. Quite bizarre.

So tell us about his talent

Has he been playing games somewhere you've been able to come to that assessment?

What are his strengths?

Diadora Van Basten

I watched him play for the under 20s v Inverness and he looked ready to be playing for the full team.

Funtime Jambo

Lets hope hes the exception,hes a talented young player with loads of ability and potential,just been unlucky with injuries.

Davie weir

Jambof3tornado

Whilst not writing him off, this coming season is his moment. He must kick on and force himself into the 1st 16 and look to make 25 plus appearances.

Seymour M Hersh

Sorry but he's missing games regularly through not being fit - he's injury prone. Unlucky aye, but we've heard for the last three years he's going be featuring in the first team, and due to one injury or another, he hasn't. It's unfortunate, but highly rated or not, if he can't get on the pitch, he's better off elsewhere.

Not being fit due to a non football related bone problem is not injury prone in my book but you bash on putting our young players down.

So would his best position be left wing back? Great reason to keep him on if it is.

Watt-Zeefuik

Thanks very much to Seymour for the updates -- I like Beith from what I've seen of him and really hope he does well.

I have a hunch that a lot of our young players are going to see a lot more playing time next season.

hmfc_liam06

Ian Wright?

I must have missed him at Hearts :lol:

But didn't he play first team football for lower league sides?

Lucky if Beith has made 30 first team appearances for Hearts/loans. At 21 that's just not enough. I want the lad to do well for us but it's going to be one hell of a task.

Seymour M Hersh

So would his best position be left wing back? Great reason to keep him on if it is.

Left centre mid is his favoured position but possibly.

Thanks very much to Seymour for the updates -- I like Beith from what I've seen of him and really hope he does well.

I have a hunch that a lot of our young players are going to see a lot more playing time next season.

Saw some U20 games?

He's played about 30 minutes of first team football outside the 4-1 Petrofac cup defeat to Livingston 3 years ago.

Hopefully the new season will be his breakthrough. These are guys we should be backing to the hilt.

That's it settled then, get him in the team :)

Livvyjambo

Written off at 21 haha . Lad has loads to offer and he will show it if given the chance

mahgrassyshoes

I think Ryan McGowan was 21 when he started featuring regularly for Hearts. Templeton was 20.

Gowzers had a decent career. Temps had a decent run at Hearts then squandered it all in the lower leagues.

hmfc_liam06

I think Ryan McGowan was 21 when he started featuring regularly for Hearts. Templeton was 20.

Gowzers had a decent career. Temps had a decent run at Hearts then squandered it all in the lower leagues.

McGowan spent a full season playing 30 times with Ayr then another spell at Partick.

Templeton had 36 appearances with Stenny then 6 months at Raith.

Next season is huge for Beith.

mahgrassyshoes

McGowan spent a full season playing 30 times with Ayr then another spell at Partick.

Templeton had 36 appearances with Stenny then 6 months at Raith.

Next season is huge for Beith.

Aye, big season for him. He's has a couple of loans as well though, Stirling Albion and maybe Stenhousemuir. He's in a similar position to those guys but really has to start forcing his way in this year if he's to make it with Hearts. He's still got a chance though imo.

maroonnicky63

So tell us about his talent

Has he been playing games somewhere you've been able to come to that assessment?

What are his strengths?

breaks up play not afraid of crunching tackles , has great vision and passing skills with a good engine and has the heart of a lion, I have seen this lad loads of times and he is being treated really unfairly, our midfield has been very poor he should have been given a chance.

maroonnicky63

First, let me start off by saying that I don't overly disagree with your post. Beith should have got a lot more minutes than he did last season, I think injury put paid to that idea at the end. I also agree he possibly should move on to a lesser side who will play him regularly next year as he needs it for his development.

However, I have to ask; are you a Hearts fan or a "young player at Hearts fan"? The reason I ask, is that whilst admirable that you jump to the defence of any player who is young at Hearts, it would appear that you can't help but have a pop at Hearts whilst doing so.

I don't think I have ever seen you post without having a dig at something or someone. Quite bizarre.

I am a hearts fan,I think at the moment hearts have lost there way a wee bit and IMO it is down to management top downwards by the way we are treating players, show them a little respect don't just throw them to the lions. As for young Beith I think he will need to go to another team and it will be our loss. Hearts have had umpteen chances to play him this season ( he has not laways been injured ) and decided to go with the norm even though they have been very poor. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Saw some U20 games?

He's played about 30 minutes of first team football outside the 4-1 Petrofac cup defeat to Livingston 3 years ago.

Primarily U20 highlight reels and replay vids on Hearts TV.  I'll freely admit it's a limited selection but I like his poise.

Archived