Hamilton v Dundee United

Mikey1874

ToadKiller Dog

Hamilton a bit smarter and stronger over the two legs .

United big players failed to show .

I wonder if we will see United go into admin ? .

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James keatings will be relieved.no premiership footie & doesnt have to face hibs

Nelly Terraces

Puts the tin lid on what has been an utterly fecking horrific football season.

John Findlay

I honestly believe that pitch along with Kilmarnock's gives them both a big advantage. Horrible pitches.

Another positive.

Since they came in only one Premier league team has been relegated through the play offs.

Guess who?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Aye, the only thing of note Hamilton have done in their entire 143 year history :D

HamishMcGonagall

Hibs interested in that Murray boy? Fine by me.

It's a done deal. Lennon rates him very highly. I think he's a half decent player but agree in that I'm happy if that's the level of player hibs are bringing in.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Another positive.

Since they came in only one Premier league team has been relegated through the play offs.

Guess who?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well they are first for everything you know !

Did say I thought Simon Murray could be a good signing for Hearts but after getting a chance to have a good look at him in the play off games I've had a complete about turn. My wife could run faster than him and he always shows the ball to the defenders which at premier level is going to have one result.

Did say I thought Simon Murray could be a good signing for Hearts but after getting a chance to have a good look at him in the play off games I've had a complete about turn. My wife could run faster than him and he always shows the ball to the defenders which at premier level is going to have one result.

This

Also used to rate Blair Spttal. Hardly saw him today

Jambof3tornado

This

Also used to rate Blair Spttal. Hardly saw him today

I thought he kept imrie quiet.

Coburg Hearts

The play-offs should be the same as in England, with two semi-finals and a final, 4th playing 2nd bottom and 3rd v 2nd. Too much advantage is given to the premier team at the moment.

Hamilton survive and congratulations to them

I just hate their pitch. It's one of the worst artificial pitches and you do not get a true game on that surface

The best I have seen is at Falkirk and that at least always seems to resemble a match played on grass.

CRWJambo1991

United to win the league next season.

Wish Hamilton would do one, wouldn't be missed

I hate Imrie on a Danny Swanson level

The play-offs should be the same as in England, with two semi-finals and a final, 4th playing 2nd bottom and 3rd v 2nd. Too much advantage is given to the premier team at the moment.

I think it would make more sense if ours was the same style as the English championship and that they then used our play off system.

Their system is unfair as I feel 3rd place should get straight to the final in the championship.

Our system is unfair for us as 11th in the prem don't deserve to get straight to the final.

Let's just have a swap :lol:

Two trips to Hamilton next season

At least United have Keatings and King next season. Good in Championship.

Bawz. Hamilton are a bunch of dirty ******* cloggers. Hate them

A shitey team from a shitey town in a shitey part of the world.

I honestly believe that pitch along with Kilmarnock's gives them both a big advantage. Horrible pitches.

Possibly need to rethink tactics there

Coburg Hearts

I think it would make more sense if ours was the same style as the English championship and that they then used our play off system.

Their system is unfair as I feel 3rd place should get straight to the final in the championship.

Our system is unfair for us as 11th in the prem don't deserve to get straight to the final.

Let's just have a swap :lol:

Agreed that the team finishing second bottom in our league should be automatically relegated, but it was deemed that a 20% casualty rate was too high. In England's top league 15% go down automatically. No system is perfect, but I think each team should have to play the same amount of games to reach the final of the play-offs. 

Good that only Hibs have failed to take advantage of the advantage haha

TyphoonJambo

Willo Flood, now theres a face you would never tire of punching ff0f7935-61bb-4ec0-9927-052abf9b7b95.jpg

Two trips to Hamilton next season

At least United have Keatings and King next season. Good in Championship.

Not going to be easy getting promoted next season. ICT will be strong, and I'd expect Dunfermline to keep improving. Falkirk are always there or thereabouts, and St Mirren have been absolutely flying towards the end of this season.

He does look technically average.

Just a hard working player but severely lacking in quality. Might nick a goal here and there but not going to have a big impact in a team with more expectation.

Jambof3tornado

Possibly need to rethink tactics there

Hoof ball.

Top flight should mean best surface possible. Hamiltons is terrible.

As for only watering the half the pitch to suit them at half time, very unsporting.

Scummy wee club.

Bluesy1874

Was quite impressed with the accies keeper bar one dodgy kick out over the two legs. Made a couple of good saves in the first leg and pretty safe hands.

Shit stadium, shit pitch, shit support. Sad that they will still be in the prem next season.

Shit stadium, shit pitch, shit support. Sad that they will still be in the prem next season.

This , add to that Thugs of the highest order .

Not going to be easy getting promoted next season. ICT will be strong, and I'd expect Dunfermline to keep improving. Falkirk are always there or thereabouts, and St Mirren have been absolutely flying towards the end of this season.

if morton perform like this season they will have a say 

Could be a very decent league next season

willie wallace

Just got a text frim my mate in Dundee.Two seasons in a row Utd.have made him so happy. He is over the moon.

Brings back happy memories.?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The same as the lower leagues in Scotland you mean.

SwindonJambo

Hamilton stayed up on merit though I agree that they have a few cloggers and aren't great to watch. Imho, the wee team, wee crowds, crap stadium stuff is sour grapes. Football matches are won by fitness, hard work, skill and bottle, not by supporters or money.

I' ve said this before but If a club has bigger crowds and more money but cannot make their advantage pay, then it's their own fault and tough shit. Their poor management of resources is correctly punished. There's no point to the game otherwise.

In England, Bournemouth and Burnley are in the EPL. Leeds United, Sunderland, Wolves, Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday, all well supported past champions ( and 2 are even former European Champions!) are not. Tough shit and zero sympathy.

davemclaren

The playoff arrangements were designed to keep the likes of Hibs and Dundee UTD in the premiership, oh well.

Puts the tin lid on what has been an utterly fecking horrific football season.

Yep. Celtic win the treble, Hibs get promoted, Hamilton live to fight another ****ing day in the prem and we were an absolute embarrassment. Woeful.

Going against the grain here but we'll done Hamilton.

Continually punch above their weight. Have a lot of family from Hamilton and they are a fantastic community club. In all honesty they've have no right to be in the SPFL but the fact this is now going to 4 seasons is a fantastic achievement espically for a club with 2,500 supporters.

SwindonJambo

Going against the grain here but we'll done Hamilton.

Continually punch above their weight. Have a lot of family from Hamilton and they are a fantastic community club. In all honesty they've have no right to be in the SPFL but the fact this is now going to 4 seasons is a fantastic achievement espically for a club with 2,500 supporters.

That makes at least 2 of us. I don't like the 1st team's playing style, but as a club they are a model of how to get the very best you can from meagre resources and we could all learn a lot from them. I 100% agree about them being a fantastic community club because their pitch is used 7 days a week as they scour the county for talent, which they occasionally unearth. I think you're being generous with that 2,500 btw - when you subtract the visiting support it's barely half of that!

They punch ludicrously far above their weight - all bar a couple of Championship clubs are better supported. But they roll their sleeves up and work their arses off as a club and are an object lesson as to what can be achieved in football (or anything else if you do that).

Absolutely detest their scummy players and manager.

Hate Hamilton but also love them for putting the vermin in their place a few years back. Fair play to them. Utd have been shite all season so I'd say deserve to stay down although I would of gone to tannadice whereas I won't go to Hamilton

Jambof3tornado

Its their constant niggly fouls yet go down if they feel the slightest contact type play that ****s me off.

Its their constant niggly fouls yet go down if they feel the slightest contact type play that ****s me off.

Not alone

St Johnstone for one under saint Tommy Wright

Glad Hamilton won.

Utd deserve nothing for their pathetic attempt in trying to finish above hibs.

Archived