Hamilton v Dundee United

Mikey1874

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definite dive in first half and rightly given yellow.

Definite penalty in second half and terrible decision not only to deny the penalty but give the 2nd yellow.

Huge blow for Utd who should be 1-0 up with their best player available but instead are 0-0 for 15minutes tonight with 10 and lose their best player for the 2nd leg too.

Dive aside really impressed with Murray. Looks hungry, great work rate, good awareness and direct. Hope Hibs don't sign him, we should be looking very closely. Utd will need the money big time if they stay down.

InNothingWeTrust

I thought his second booking was for abusing the linesman?

Tough call. There was contact but he added a lot of drama to his fall

Shame. Hibs fud.

Serves him right for his first dive.

Doesnae really though, does it Jonno? He was punished for the dive. How does that mean he doesnae deserve a penalty if he's fouled???

Midloth_Iain

no surprise to see that odious prick Darian McKinnon influencing things with the ref. 

Stonewall penalty

Penalty all day long, shame Murray felt he needed to make an absolute mess of it.

Hope utd win the tie, can't stand Hamilton and their shitey plastic pitch

Jambof3tornado

Not often you see a 2nd yellow for simulation.

Any reason referees have left it so late in the season to come down hard on it??

socrates82

I thought his second booking was for abusing the linesman?

Tough call. There was contact but he added a lot of drama to his fall

Comes down to the old discussion - how much contact is needed? Surely has to be significant otherwise it's a dive. 

no surprise to see that odious prick Darian McKinnon influencing things with the ref.

Stonewall penalty

Tellin ye, it's part of their game plan. Has been since Canning took control. Play act, dive, crowd the ref lookin for the opposition to be punished for every foul. Sneaky *******s, hope they get what's coming to them.

Guess The Crowd

Our own Davie Bowman just missed out on a chance to play in that one.

There's a Hibs link with that game too.....

Tottenham leading 2-1 at half time

Shit :(

Still confident though. In fact I'll up the stake to ?2000.

Couldn't see contact of any note. He threw himself up in the air though.

I was not aware it had to be contact of note but perhaps that is the wording in the rule book

I repeat..Time for an eye test....you can join the linesperson

Comes down to the old discussion - how much contact is needed? Surely has to be significant otherwise it's a dive.

It wasn't just contact though. He was kicked. On the left leg.

Jambof3tornado

Regarding the penalty should the hanilton player looks straight to the ref...

Guilty as fek.

Imrie fekked....great.

Maroon Sailor

Ha ha Murray as he was flying through the air for the penalty is looking over to the linesman

No wonder the prick got sent off

It wasn't just contact though. He was kicked. On the left leg.

You just have to look at the Hamilton players actions..he knew it was a penalty, stopped, looked around then realised he'd got away with it

Erm no. It was a stonewall clear as day penalty that only an idiot would argue against tbh.

Erm no. It was a stonewall clear as day penalty that only an idiot would argue against tbh.

Look out Maroon Sailor  !!

socrates82

I might be an idiot but that's what I took from the replays. Haven't seen again mind you. Murray certainly turned it into a dive.

Jambof3tornado

I might be an idiot but that's what I took from the replays. Haven't seen again mind you. Murray certainly turned it into a dive.

Whit? Starting to look silly now.

PeterintheRain

Somebody never read, "The boy who cried wolf," when he was little.   Or, since he's one of the vermin, had somebody explain it to him.

It should have been a penalty for the contact and a yellow card for the dive.  If the rules don't allow that to happen then they need changed.

You can appeal against the booking but would it not be just be like the authorities to say there's no time to hear the appeal !!!

socrates82

Whit? Starting to look silly now.

I'll watch again. But he definitely dived after whatever contact there was. You don't fall like he did if you've just been chopped at the knee.

Aye you are correct. Think there was contact on reflection.

Fair enough. :smile:

[emoji6][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maroon Sailor

Look out Maroon Sailor !!

I'm alright about my thoughts - More spring than zebedee

The fact he flew through the air like a starfish whilst looking at the linesman just makes it even funnier. The contact didn't cause that kind of over reaction.

If the ref didn't look to his linesman he gives it

Somebody never read, "The boy who cried wolf," when he was little.   Or, since he's one of the vermin, had somebody explain it to him.

It should have been a penalty for the contact and a yellow card for the dive.  If the rules don't allow that to happen then they need changed.

You really are digging a hole for yourself with that comment

You agree it's a foul then tell us it was a dive..madness

I'll watch again. But he definitely dived after whatever contact there was. You don't fall like he did if you've just been chopped at the knee.

I'll give you yer dues. He was kicked on the left leg but 'fell' on his right if that makes sense. He definitely made the most of it...but regardless of his theatrics, it was a clear foul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somebody never read, "The boy who cried wolf," when he was little. Or, since he's one of the vermin, had somebody explain it to him.

It should have been a penalty for the contact and a yellow card for the dive. If the rules don't allow that to happen then they need changed.

This makes absolutely no sense at all

Guess The Crowd

The prick has just made it 2-2.

2-2 seems quite apt, as he must have featured heavily in the 22 in a row.....

Anyway Coventry have won the 87 Cup Final again.....how did Ali Crawford look?

Telt ye :verysmug:

How would you like to pay the ?2000?

Maroon Sailor

Penalty for Murray ... defo , WTF ??

All he had to do was go down, but being an expert diver he had to go for the pike and 2 and half forward twists

Guess The Crowd

That's twice you've referenced him. A clue, surely?!

Problem is the way he went down, it is hard to tell if he got kicked or not cos he's obviously flung himself in the air. If he'd gone down more "naturally", would have been a much easier decision for ref.

Arthur Morgan

Somebody never read, "The boy who cried wolf," when he was little. Or, since he's one of the vermin, had somebody explain it to him.

It should have been a penalty for the contact and a yellow card for the dive. If the rules don't allow that to happen then they need changed.

Wait, how can it be a penalty if you think it was a dive? You have contradicted yourself here.

Pretty pish tbh.

That's twice you've referenced him. A clue, surely?!

Not a clue. A huge signpost. We are interested. Colour me underwhelmed.

Utd were unlucky should've won it

I thought Hamilton overall had the better chances

Archived