Pre season in Ireland

jambo-fletch

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phil D. Corners

I'm really happy to read this.

I know Robbie always said that we had the best facilities and didint need to travel, but from my personal experience getting a team/group away for a few days/weeks really helps with team bonding.

Dare I say a team bond was missing last season.

I see this as another big positive going in to next season.

Ryan Jarman

Excellent. Wee excuse for a family Belfast trip would be just the ticket, dump wife and kids at her pal's and off to the football :thumbsup: 

Good stuff. Always enjoy a wee jaunt to Belfast. It'll also be nice to visit Windsor Park which will be a first for me.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Italian Lambretta

Might as well make a week if it

All done and dusted before the 12th.

:seething:

Francis Albert

But won't this interrupt a "full pre-season" like Europa League qualifiers would have done according to those who didn't want us to qualify?

Anyway sounds a decent trip.

I'm really happy to read this.

I know Robbie always said that we had the best facilities and didint need to travel, but from my personal experience getting a team/group away for a few days/weeks really helps with team bonding.

Dare I say a team bond was missing last season.

I see this as another big positive going in to next season.

Yep totally agree with this.

Robbie took the squad away to Chester pre-season before our championship winning season, and the season went well.

Makes sense to try and get the team to bond away from our home base. Will help if we get our transfer business done early

Good stuff. Always enjoy a wee jaunt to Belfast. It'll also be nice to visit Windsor Park which will be a first for me.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Not been in the new updated Windsor Park but was there a couple years ago when I was training with linfield. Got into the directors box and was in having a beer with all the top boys of the club at half time- the place was quality!

I took in a Dublin game a few years ago. As a game it was totally gash but the locals made it for me. Seemed to be genuinely interested in us and the craic was brilliant.

joondalupjambo

I have a big bunch of Euro's lying in an envelope doing nowt, Dublin sounds like a spend option.

forfar jambo

wish the club could confirm this and then we can get everything sorted . 

A good choice for travellers. Was paying 6 euros a pint in dublin at Christmas, a bit dearer late uptown.

Ricardo Shillyshally

I assume people are referring to Alex Young? And some Everton connection?

From what I was told it was a game v Everton at Goodison and also possibly a mini tournament.

I'm not itk and it may be a load of balls

Surprised we're playing Linfield again. Didn't we play them a few years ago when all they did was try to kick us off the park.

Considering flying to Belfast on the Friday and back Monday if the Linfield game is confirmed. Not arsed about the Dublin midweek game.

Nikoliunas

Surprised we're playing Linfield again. Didn't we play them a few years ago when all they did was try to kick us off the park.

Don't think we've played them since 2002

But won't this interrupt a "full pre-season" like Europa League qualifiers would have done according to those who didn't want us to qualify?

Anyway sounds a decent trip.

Well no as this IS pre-season

Linfield 8th July 3pm Windsor Park confirmed by Hearts

Midweek game in Ireland before this tbc

Linfield 8th July 3pm Windsor Park confirmed by Hearts

Midweek game in Ireland before this tbc

Excellent .. flights booked just need a team to put on the park now ... maybe I'll get a game

Booked for myself and daughter for Belfast, last week flights were ?128 for us both, waited until Hearts confirmed, paid ?257 this morning, love the city and was at Linfield game in 2002? and both games at The Oval a couple of years ago in 2013.

Did the last trip to Windsor Park. Quite fancy going to one of the Dublin games this time.

portobellojambo1

Linfield looking like Saturday 8th July. Anyone got info on the Dublin game?

There's nothing been announced yet Iain. Just waiting on this to book flights/accommodation. You can fly Edinburgh to Dublin for around ?20-?22, then the train to Belfast is 18 Euros and a flight back from George Best airport costs about ?50. Accommodation can be as little as ?10 for 3 nights in Belfast, if you are willing to do the hostel crap, but even a room/bed at about ?30 a night means there is shit loads of cash to spend on alcoholic refreshments. Don't want to book anything until they confirm if the game in Dublin is either on Wednesday or Thursday, then it will be up by train to Belfast the next day.

richiehmfc

flights booked to Belfast, out Saturday morning, back sunday afternoon for three of us. Where's good for pre match drinking in Belfast

flights booked to Belfast, out Saturday morning, back sunday afternoon for three of us. Where's good for pre match drinking in Belfast

http://www.laverysbelfast.com/

Place is alright few bars nearby Benidicts, Sandy row is just a street away or just out the Lisburn Rd couple of good pubs...about 20min walk from ground

P.s plenty other good bars down the Cathedral Quarter...taxi best bet to ground tho

Italian Lambretta

I hear the Royal Bar Sandy Row is quite good  :sunny:

Used to drink in the Rangers supporters club Sandy row, with a Jambo top on, few years ago but they were always welcoming. Round the corner the the south Belfast supporters club was good. The Beaton dockit over the road and down 100 yards.

There's nothing been announced yet Iain. Just waiting on this to book flights/accommodation. You can fly Edinburgh to Dublin for around ?20-?22, then the train to Belfast is 18 Euros and a flight back from George Best airport costs about ?50. Accommodation can be as little as ?10 for 3 nights in Belfast, if you are willing to do the hostel crap, but even a room/bed at about ?30 a night means there is shit loads of cash to spend on alcoholic refreshments. Don't want to book anything until they confirm if the game in Dublin is either on Wednesday or Thursday, then it will be up by train to Belfast the next day.

Booked up Iain.

?55 return from Newcastle & Saturday night in the Ramada Encore. If the Dublin game was Thursday, might consider that too.

loveofthegame

Glasgow-Belfast is ?80 return, Sat morning out returning Sunday evening. Looking forward to this.

Gordon Ramsay

Booked flights Edinburgh to Belfast, going Friday morning, heading back Sunday night. 100 quid with Easyjet.

Never been to Belfast looking forward to it big time.

fireeagle51

Any buses planning on heading over ?

I was wondering the exact same ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be surprised if any of the supporters clubs were running buses, too costly.

richiehmfc

Glasgow-Belfast is ?80 return, Sat morning out returning Sunday evening. Looking forward to this.

Flybe? We are on the Glasgow morning flight out to but back into Edinburgh Sunday afternoon

Shanks said no

Some of the lads in 1 SCOTS are very happy with this news as they are based in the Palace Barracks near Belfast. Unfortunately my future son in law isnt as he is over in England on that date!

National Express quoting ?35.50 I think for return

Prices do go up as they are variable / 'dynamic'

I want to go but none of my mates are up for it. Anyone who fancies it in a group or on their own give me a PM please. Would be much appreciated. Cheers.

The Apprentice

Booked flights from Edinburgh just now with EasyJet ?313 return for me and a mate - looks like that dynamic pricing is kicking in! Flying out 7.10 on the Friday and back on Sunday afternoon.

Can anyone recommend any decent places to stay for the two nights? Never been to Belfast before so looking for some advice :-)

Booked flights from Edinburgh just now with EasyJet ?313 return for me and a mate - looks like that dynamic pricing is kicking in! Flying out 7.10 on the Friday and back on Sunday afternoon.

Can anyone recommend any decent places to stay for the two nights? Never been to Belfast before so looking for some advice :-)

I was over a few years ago and stayed at Jurys Hotel, nice and central and a short walk to Sandy Row, which a few other posters have mentioned has some decent hostelries and being a traditional loyalist area, the locals will probably be pretty welcoming towards us so called 'diet huns'.  Just don't mention that they let their club die!!

Archived