Kitchen - On his way... (merged)

Bungalow Bill

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Toxteth O'Grady

He's rubbish, I called it early to be fair to myself, such a limited player that he's absolutely useless for us.

I was on that train too. Never rated him at all.,

Like the rest of them Kitchen had plenty opportunities and consistently produced performances of staggering ineptitude. Am instantly forgettable Hearts player. Hope he does well at MK or whichever other nonentity of a club he ends up at.

Certainly not the worst of the bunch that's for sure - but also cant say I'm sad to see him moving on either.

Distinctly average player and defo not the kinda leader we need as captain.

Not a bad player when asked to play to his strengths. Never a captain though.

been here before

He always came across well but I could never take to him as a player. Way too negative and lacking the skills needed to be effective at what he wanted to do.

Making him captain was a bizarre move.

We_are_the_Hearts

We need midfielders who have something about them, can dig when needed but who can pass the ball and get some goals/assists. Hate to say it but in Bartley/McGinn/McGeough/Swanson Hibs have a head start on us.

Who's left? Hamilton, Norring, Novak, Berra, Souttar, Hughes, Smith, Bauben, Djoum, Cowie, Walker, Isma, Currie, Johnson. Sammon and Reily. Then Oshinawa. The rest youth players

Who's left? Hamilton, Norring, Novak, Berra, Souttar, Hughes, Smith, Bauben, Djoum, Cowie, Walker, Isma, Currie, Johnson. Sammon and Reily. Then Oshinawa. The rest youth players

I thought he was decent but sometimes infuriating. Nothing against the lad so good luck to him.

We must have players lined up. I hope we do

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Excellent. Poor player who was absolutely deluded if he saw us as a stepping stone

Some incredibly harsh words on this thread, particularly when you consider that our biggest problem since December is the team being full of Charlatans who wouldn't apply themselves properly.

That's one thing Kitchen can't be accused of.

You'll always get plenty effort from him but his lack of actual ball skills means he doesn't fit in with Cathro's 'total football' philosophy (a philosophy I'm not convinced will ever work in Scotland).

Good luck to the guy wherever he goes.

Five to One

Bit of a frustrating player. Not as athletic or strong in the tackle or on the ball as I thought he might be. No threat coming forward or getting goals from midfield either. Even his passing was suspect at times. Seemed to be a decent guy and looked a good signing with his pedigree, but ultimately very disappointing. 

Always looked like this league was a bit physical and fast for him as with a few other of our foreign imports. 

No hard feelings with this one. Regardless of how you rated him always conducted himself well. Particularly off the park.

I actually think he could be decent in a settled team. With more creative players in front of him.

This for me.

As others have said, he always gave it his all.  If every other player in the team had given as much effort as he did, we'd probably be a bit better off.

Not overly disappointed by this news and wish Kitchen all the best.

A_A wehatethehibs

Thanks for the efforts Perry - definitely a good guy but a shame it never worked out.

He was a square peg in a round hole at Hearts, I can see him doing well somewhere if the right team comes in for him.

We need midfielders with more of an eye for a pass.

Good riddance. Never captain material for me.

Getting the armband was his downfall. Played his worst football for us as captain. An honest player though. All this good riddance stuff is typical of KB.

The Treasurer

So the club are "not going to be difficult to deal with" for another under contract player !!!

I understand the need to get players off the books if they are not part of the plans, but how many have we just let walk away when we could at least expect even a modest fee for them.

Anyway best of luck Perry, not everyone's favourite player but always gave 100%

King prawn

Don't understand the good riddance chat. In a time where most the players didn't care, Kitchen always put the effort in.

Limited as a player and didn't turn out to be as effective as I thought he would but I hope he does well at his next club.

So the club are "not going to be difficult to deal with" for another under contract player !!!

I understand the need to get players off the books if they are not part of the plans, but how many have we just let walk away when we could at least expect even a modest fee for them.

I'm not reading the 'difficulty' element as allowing him to go on a free.  I think the club are saying that they'll consider any reasonable offer.  I may be being overly optimistic, though.

Wish him all the best but he was very limited.

It seemed he was a 'manufactured' footballer who had learned how to control a ball (almost) and pass it to the nearest team mate but he had no natural ability whatsoever.

He very rarely had an attempt at goal because he couldn't strike the ball properly. I find it amazing that he has been capped by the US.

Anyway, upwards and onwards.

bauld willie

As long as he is replaced with something better. Dreadful signings like Martin must not be the mainstay of our team.

Thanks for the efforts Perry - definitely a good guy but a shame it never worked out.

He was a square peg in a round hole at Hearts, I can see him doing well somewhere if the right team comes in for him.

We need midfielders with more of an eye for a pass.

This for me. I liked him and would have had him in the team ahead of the dross we had the second half of the season, but I don't think he fits into what Cathro wants.

Jamboelite

Very well put.

Some of the comments on this thread prove there is indeed arsehole on JKB.

The Comedian

The guy summed up Neilson though, dull as dishwater and did nothing of note, but a good pro though = captain.

:gok:

Couldn't be less bothered he's going.

Hector Riva

Shame. When he applied himself he was excellent.

Sadly most of the time he seemed to be going through the motions.

If he leaves I wish him well.

Onto bigger things Hearts.

This ^^^^

Pleasant guy. Spoke to him in hospitality and he came across very well. Never worked for him but I wish him well in the future.

Some of the comments on this thread sum up this place.

HamishMcGonagall

Never again will I have to see him gesture to a player to slow it down when we're losing at home to Some diddy team n in desperate need of some urgency, perfect!

Never again will I have to see him gesture to a player to slow it down when we're losing at home to Some diddy team n in desperate need of some urgency, perfect!

I noticed that but my interpretation was that his gestures were to the fans to calm down on the moaning, groaning and booing and get behind the team.

cosanostra

Too limited in talent to command a starting position.

Great guy and did his best but he's about level with Mroviec and not as good as Palazuelos in terms of ability.

OK player, and played well in some of our better performances over the last year or so. Not great in terms of footballing ability, but did add to the team at times.

Ridiculous decision to give him the captaincy in place of Ozturk - that episode pretty much summed up the player recruitment shambles of the last couple of years.

Good luck Perry.

maroonnicky63

I thought he would leave as I couldn't see him wanting to sit on the sidelines.

Had some good games in a Hearts shirt and was one player I would never accuse of being uncommitted or not caring.

He'll be a good player for someone.

All the best Perry and good luck.

now that's how to support your club , well said and spot on as well

GorgieMIlls

For all those guys slaughtering him - it's worth noting that our major decline came after his best performance for Hearts (against Rangers) where after this game he barely started.

We need midfielders who have something about them, can dig when needed but who can pass the ball and get some goals/assists. Hate to say it but in Bartley/McGinn/McGeough/Swanson Hibs have a head start on us.

Can you tell me how many goals and assists they have between them in the second tier of Scottish Football please?

With all the crap teams in this league Hearts should never need a midfielder so defensive playing, possibly with the exception of games against Celtic.

OmiyaHearts

Can you tell me how many goals and assists they have between them in the second tier of Scottish Football please?

It's very easy to find btw - 4 goals and 14 assists between the three of them, according to transfermarkt

alicante jambo

I am trying to disagree with this but I can't.

Let's hope some new signings change both our views on this.

Mcginn will be leaving them.Mcgeough injured a lot and swanson might end up playing how he did with us.Mcginn is hibs big player they lose him they will find it very difficult to replace him.

Totally off topic but the advertisement at the top of this page (in JKB) right now on my PC is for "Kitchen extentions"

He offered very little. He is a very limited footballer.

Used to drive me insane how deep he was told to sit. Always said if he sat any deeper then he would be standing behind Jack Hamilton!

He's rubbish, I called it early to be fair to myself, such a limited player that he's absolutely useless for us.

Same. I asked question last season after he arrived our form stopped. Win ratio was poor with him in team. He had flashes of potential but for me came across stroppy in interview in January when he was moaning about he has never sat on a bench before.

Think Kitchen would be a decent player in a team playing with 3 at the back. Which appears to have been the formation we are most suited to at this moment in time

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/former-captain-perry-kitchen-on-his-way-out-at-hearts-1-4456156

Informed before Berra came in, won't play regularly and club won't stand in his way.

Can't say I'm disappointed he's going. Another who came with a pedigree and the Heather just didn't light. Must have some targets lined up to replace (hopefully...)

Said similar on the Berra thread last night, particularly in relation to your last sentence. I'm sure some of the feedback from the meet the management event was that they were looking for a very specific kind of player to play in the DM position and I'd be shocked if they didn't have at least one player in mind for it.

I quite liked Kitchen, but probably more for his character than anything he did on the pitch. I hope he does well wherever he goes from here, seems like a good guy and one of the few who actually "got" the club.

Total guess but I would say our win % with him in the team was not even 20%.

Samuel Camazzola

When you look at the opposition and the players who played in his position, just about everyone of them would get in the team before him.

All the best to him and will likely see him back for a half time draw in years to come.

It's very easy to find btw - 4 goals and 14 assists between the three of them, according to transfermarkt

As I thought, let's get them signed then, three midfielders unproven in the top league that have 4 goals between them lol!

Archived