MK Dons sign Osman Sow on two year deal..

LoveNgoo

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pans Jambo

Likely just coincidence but posted a hearts throwback pic on his instagram this morning

Its a sign  :wow:

Jamboelite

Hmmmm this would be a big move on the back of Berra signing.

I think Isma would work very well with Sow as Osman was capable of dragging defenders which would create space for him.

A_A wehatethehibs

Gowser surely being affected by these rules too?

I think it's about time for a gowser thread!

hmfc_liam06

While not the greatest player, he'd work wonders in the dressing room.

upgotheheads

How many goals did he score in China? I'm not sure he's been setting the heather on fire lately and he's quite similar in style to Johnsen. It's more a target man/penalty box striker that we're needing.

Pans Jambo

Anyone who doesnt rate Sow either has their eyes painted on or they are suffering from acute memory loss.

Hmmmm this would be a big move on the back of Berra signing.

I think Isma would work very well with Sow as Osman was capable of dragging defenders which would create space for him.

If memory serves, Sow also has (had) genuine pace which would be novel in our side.

How many goals did he score in China? I'm not sure he's been setting the heather on fire lately and he's quite similar in style to Johnsen. It's more a target man/penalty box striker that we're needing.

May be similar in style but is a lot better than Johnsen so surely if it was 1 or the other we would get rid of Johnsen and get Sow.  FWIW I cant see it happening, he is on big bucks in China and has been loaned out and will be on the same wages in the UAE and playing so don't see what benefit it would have to him to come back.

We_are_the_Hearts

If memory serves, Sow also has (had) genuine pace which would be novel in our side.

Pace and blistering acceleration.

The guy is an absolute talent. It wasn't just his goalscoring for hearts that was brilliant. His all round ability and how he brought other players into the game was brilliant as well. Don't compare him to Johnsen.

I agree in a way with what you're saying, but if you get the chance to sign someone of Sow's ability, you go for it.  And there's more than one way to skin a cat.

I always thought we were a better team when Sow played through the middle rather than from wide or deep (like Robbie often did with him for some reason).  A bit like Isma, he won't stay central, he'll move defenders around.  But having 2 up front who want to be mobile isn't an issue as long as they co-ordinate that.  They're both good finishers and both one helluva handful physically and technically.  It's be the best frontline out with Celtic imo.

We_are_the_Hearts

Have you watched us last season? We need good players, Sow is  better than what we have. A no brainer

I always thought it was bizarre. He never looked like he was really moving fast, yet he would breeze passed defenders with ease.

Ibrahim Tall

IIRC they have an 'Asian' foreigner slot also, for the purposes of football Ryan's Asian so he has a slight advantage.

hmfc_liam06

How many goals did he score for us? That's what's more relevant.

Bowmans_Boot

Yeah, if we did have the opportunity to get him then we would need to think about it long and hard....

How many goals did he score for us? That's what's more relevant.

According to wiki he scored 23 goals in 52 app and I'm sure he'll have waded in with a fair few of assists.

franko1874

Need the proper ITK'ers to get all over this...

Notts saying no, LoveNgoo saying yes...

Notts saying no, LoveNgoo saying yes...

I'm saying I don't know but I have asked the question!

Mike Tyson

I believe we may be seeing the big man back in a Hearts top next season. :thumbsup:

Is this before or after Jamie MacDonald joins Hibs?

franko1874

I'm saying I don't know but I have asked the question!

Apologies

Berra then Sow. It's almost as if someone's found a copy of the Gary Locke Guide to Scouting in a cupboard. :D

They need to sign McGinn to prove me wrong.

And by tomorrow the TRFC Guide to Scouting gcomes in to play.

Rumour on Kickback

Jambo's get excited.

The Express reports TRFC interested and favourites to sign.

I believe we may be seeing the big man back in a Hearts top next season. :thumbsup:

Yup....seemingly he's coming in a package deal with Rudi Skacel........

Pans Jambo

This better not be another Hartley thread c. 2010.

That was ****ing torture. :(

Not as bad at the Oshinawa one. & look what happened there!

cosanostra

Would love Sow to come back.

One of the most talented strikers we've had since Janny.

He wasn't perfect but he was definitely good.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Anyone who doesnt rate Sow either has their eyes painted on or they are suffering from acute memory loss.

Absolutely.

Things were going well when he left and have deteriorated ever since. I said then he was a one off and irreplaceable on our budget.

He is the random factor that allows other players freedom.

Taking him back along with a quality wide player would be very exciting.

I have yet to hear of a proper midfield player. Thats the one I am watching for. Unless Martin has been having us on for months and looks like the player he was for the last ten minutes of the season

Is this before or after Jamie MacDonald joins Hibs?

To be fair, Jamie did have talks with Hibs at the time.

Absolutely.

Things were going well when he left and have deteriorated ever since. I said then he was a one off and irreplaceable on our budget.

He is the random factor that allows other players freedom.

Taking him back along with a quality wide player would be very exciting.

I have yet to hear of a proper midfield player. Thats the one I am watching for. Unless Martin has been having us on for months and looks like the player he was for the last ten minutes of the season

If Martin gets used to the pace and physicality of the Scottish game he will be brilliant for us. His vision and movements better than any other midfielders we have. The Scottish games just incredibly quick.

Captain America

This better not be another Hartley thread c. 2010.

That was ****ing torture. :(

That was a proper kick in the staines.

That one. 

Agree with this, we need someone who can give us more of a presence up front and be a focal point to bring others in. Needs to be able to take the chances we get in the box.

I like big Osman, but he could blow hot and cold, and is not the striker we need at the moment.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Agree with this, we need someone who can give us more of a presence up front and be a focal point to bring others in. Needs to be able to take the chances we get in the box.

I like big Osman, but he could blow hot and cold, and is not the striker we need at the moment.

If we get a striker better than Osman Sow I would be amazed. I would argue the opposite to be honest, he is exactly the type we need.

Ferryjambo99

Sow and Reilly worked well as a combination due to reillys hard work pulling defenders away. Goncalves does all that abd more. Would be an extraordinary combination. However it just seems to good to be true but I'd be absolutely delighted if we did sign him

Sow and Reilly worked well as a combination due to reillys hard work pulling defenders away. Goncalves does all that abd more. Would be an extraordinary combination. However it just seems to good to be true but I'd be absolutely delighted if we did sign him

Reilly..... no way will he play again for our club. Not good enough. Offers 0 goal threat.

A drop off in overall team performances certainly coincided with the departure of Sow to China. He's never truly been replaced and it's completely evident. Not getting my hopes up, but If he were to return, that would give the team an immediate boost, as I'd imagine the threat posed by having in the Sow in the team would create a lot more space for the other attacking players (especially Isma). 

Ferryjambo99

Reilly..... no way will he play again for our club. Not good enough. Offers 0 goal threat.

Not saying Reilly will play for us again. Saying that he worked well with Sow, goncalves has some similarities to Reilly and is also a much better player so Sow and goncalves would work well together

Captain America

Would be over the moon if this happen but I can't see it.

OmiyaHearts

I see he posted a pic on instagram today, from his first match at Ibrox.

Maybe a hint?

bauld willie

If Martin gets used to the pace and physicality of the Scottish game he will be brilliant for us. His vision and movements better than any other midfielders we have. The Scottish games just incredibly quick.

I suspect this is wishful thinking unfortunately.

He hasn't managed to do this at previous clubs, certainly his last English club as their supporters could not see him far enough.

If we get a striker better than Osman Sow I would be amazed. I would argue the opposite to be honest, he is exactly the type we need.

While I wouldn't knock it, alot of fans are obsessed with finding a 20 goal a season forward.

You look around and maybe see Boyce scoring 20 for RC but the expectation is different when these type of guys come to Hearts.

Sow brought so much to our play which others benefited from. His ability to hold up the ball but also how he could turn his man and open up the game because of that.

We may have Isma as a guy who could get to that elusive 20 mark if we build the team to complement him. Certainly you think of Sow's type of player being that missing link.

But the way the game is played now with only one up it's hard for forwards if you don't get the chemistry right elsewhere in the team and the service isn't there.

Back to 2005

Would certainly be a boost for the fans after last season. Certainly give season ticket sales a boost.

bauld willie

Would certainly be a boost for the fans after last season. Certainly give season ticket sales a boost.

Would absolutely love to see him back but just can't see it. He wasn't particularly good in the air which may not suit the existing front line but he clearly had real quality.

Recipe for increased Season Ticket sales - add rumours of Safe Standing Area + possible signing of Osman Sow , stir well and voila!!! 

Archived