McInnes off to Sunderland?

davieholt

Neilson's last 4 games against Aberdeen won 3 drew 1 conceding only 1 goal.

He had his number. If not for a complete abhorration by McGhee that would have been 5 games and 1 goal conceded.

I would say Neilson had his number without any shadow of doubt

Of course you completely forget to mention the first game when they ran over the top of Hearts 3-1 at Tynecastle. And you also forget to mention that the game where McGhee gave away the penalty was a totally deserved victory where Aberdeen completely bossed the game and Hearts resorted to constant fouling to stop the red tide coming towards them. You are obviously big into your stats I suggest you check out the ones for that particular game before making out it was some sort of lucky win. Hearts committed 25 fouls in that one game alone they were a disgrace that day. If Neilson had McInnes' number his team would have finished above them in the league. They didn't even come close.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

Really? Played 5 times last season (three times at Tynecastle and twice at Pittodrie) with Hearts winning 3 and Aberdeen winning 2. Aberdeen finished 8 points ahead of Neilson's team. Yet he somehow had their number despite losing twice to them and finishing well below them in the league? Yeah ok if you say so. I think you'll find what happened this season between the two sides is the definition of one team having the other ones number not what happened last season.

So to be clear, head to head , this is the first season Aberdeen have had a superior head to head over hearts for what? 15 years I can't even remember it's been that long. Enjoy it but. The facts suggest it won't last long..

Bad Religion

Of course you completely forget to mention the first game when they ran over the top of Hearts 3-1 at Tynecastle. And you also forget to mention that the game where McGhee gave away the penalty was a totally deserved victory where Aberdeen completely bossed the game and Hearts resorted to constant fouling to stop the red tide coming towards them. You are obviously big into your stats I suggest you check out the ones for that particular game before making out it was some sort of lucky win. Hearts committed 25 fouls in that one game alone they were a disgrace that day. If Neilson had McInnes' number his team would have finished above them in the league. They didn't even come close.

"Stop the red tide" haha

Aberdeen supporters are on a different planet.

So to be clear, head to head , this is the first season Aberdeen have had a superior head to head over hearts for what? 15 years I can't even remember it's been that long. Enjoy it but. The facts suggest it won't last long..

Well the facts suggest we've finished above Hearts every season for the last 5 years including a 30 point margin this season. We also got the better of the head to heads a coupe of the seasons Calderwood was there so no it's not the first time for 15 years at all. But I will concede Tynecastle was a nightmare ground for us for a long long time. But with 3 victories there in the last 2 seasons we no longer call it the house of pain.

"Stop the red tide" haha

Aberdeen supporters are on a different planet.

We battered your team that day mate. Go watch it again and read the match reports if you don't believe me. We swarmed all over you and your team just resorted to constant fouling. To be fair it was the exact reverse the next time we played when Hearts swarmed all over us in the cup at Tynecastle in the 1-0 game. Difference is we didn't resort to constant fouling when under pressure.

socrates82

Well the facts suggest we've finished above Hearts every season for the last 5 years including a 30 point margin this season. We also got the better of the head to heads a coupe of the seasons Calderwood was there so no it's not the first time for 15 years at all. But I will concede Tynecastle was a nightmare ground for us for a long long time. But with 3 victories there in the last 2 seasons we no longer call it the house of pain.

It was certainly the house of pain in our relegation season recently when our team of teenagers was unbeaten home and away against you (if I remember rightly)!

The last 5 years include a season when we were cutting costs and banned from making signings, a relegation season when we started on -15 points and had no players, and a season when we weren't even in the same league! During the other two seasons you had a stable team and a playing budget about 4 times ours. So fair play the 2nd places look good, but let's see how the next 5 years pan out with things back to normal.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Shinnie was no shrinking violet and Hearts actually wasted the only clear chance. But Neilson learned so much that he turned it all round so much so a team riddled with sickness that had its training base closed for the week still beat you

:smugger:

It was certainly the house of pain in our relegation season recently when our team of teenagers was unbeaten home and away against you (if I remember rightly)!

The last 5 years include a season when we were cutting costs and banned from making signings, a relegation season when we started on -15 points and had no players, and a season when we weren't even in the same league! During the other two seasons you had a stable team and a playing budget about 4 times ours. So fair play the 2nd places look good, but let's see how the next 5 years pan out with things back to normal.

A playing budget 4 times of Hearts?? lol. Yeah ok I've heard it all now. We certainly didn't have a playing budget 4 times yours this season did we? Although I'd say Rangers had a playing budget 3 or 4 times what we had. Didn't stop us finishing well above them. St Johnstone's playing budget well below yours this season yet they finished well above you as well. So stop using that as an excuse it's embarrassing.

Bad Religion

We battered your team that day mate. Go watch it again and read the match reports if you don't believe me. We swarmed all over you and your team just resorted to constant fouling. To be fair it was the exact reverse the next time we played when Hearts swarmed all over us in the cup at Tynecastle in the 1-0 game. Difference is we didn't resort to constant fouling when under pressure.

Will you be upset if we sign McGinn?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A playing budget 4 times of Hearts?? lol. Yeah ok I've heard it all now. We certainly didn't have a playing budget 4 times yours this season did we? Although I'd say Rangers had a playing budget 3 or 4 times what we had. Didn't stop us finishing well above them. St Johnstone's playing budget well below yours this season yet they finished well above you as well. So stop using that as an excuse it's embarrassing.

Neilson we are talking about. Ahead of Aberdeen when he departed

socrates82

Continuing the facts-based discussion, I just looked back.

In the 2012-13 season we let go 30-odd players and were only permitted to bring in Danny Wilson and N'Goo on loan! And we finished just 4 points behind you with John McGlynn and Gary Locke sharing management duties. Head to head you beat us once.

In the relegation season, with a team of teenagers managed by a first time manager we were unbeaten in 3 including humping you 3-1 at home when we had no strikers!

socrates82

Look it up mate. Yes St J have a budget below ours, but the gap between ours and yours and theirs and ours is much bigger.

kingantti1874

Saved me the trouble.. there is absolutely no reason to think Aberdeen can maintain the short term on pitch advantage.. small crowds, shit stadium, shit training facikities both of which have to be funded if they are to be remedied.. city is bascially a fishing village now oil boom is dead.. this is peak sheep..only way is down..

Shinnie was no shrinking violet and Hearts actually wasted the only clear chance. But Neilson learned so much that he turned it all round so much so a team riddled with sickness that had its training base closed for the week still beat you

:smugger:

So you really saying Aberdeen didn't deserve to win the game where McGhee gave away the penalty? Seriously? If Neilson was such a star that he had McInnes and Aberdeen's number how come his team didn't finish above them? How did Robbie's results against the champions last season compare to McInnes' results against them?

Neilson we are talking about. Ahead of Aberdeen when he departed

Myth. We had games in hand. Let's not let the facts get in the way though eh?

Will you be upset if we sign McGinn?

I'd probably be as upset as you were when we signed Severin.

socrates82

So you really saying Aberdeen didn't deserve to win the game where McGhee gave away the penalty? Seriously? If Neilson was such a star that he had McInnes and Aberdeen's number how come his team didn't finish above them? How did Robbie's results against the champions last season compare to McInnes' results against them?

Neilson didn't have Aberdeen's number in head to heads unfortunately but he managed to keep pace with you most of the time with a much smaller budget and less managerial experience.

Gary Locke certainly did though. And john McGlynn, and most Hearts managers since Fergie left.

Look it up mate. Yes St J have a budget below ours, but the gap between ours and yours and theirs and ours is much bigger.

So if it's just about budgets how come we finished well above Rangers? The budget gap between Rangers and ourselves is much bigger than the gap in budgets between AFC and Hearts. Go figure eh?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He had McInnes number, we aren't talking about any other manager just Mcinnes and he had him sussed pretty quickly.

The fact was Hearts were above Aberdeen when Robbie Neilson left. True or false?

Neilson has a better Head to head record versus Derek Mcinnes, true or false.

Facts facts facts

:pleasingao:

Now we've clarified Neilson did in fact have McInnes number, can we move on to why on earth you'd sign up to an opposing teams football forum, strange behaviour?

socrates82

So if it's just about budgets how come we finished well above Rangers? The budget gap between Rangers and ourselves is much bigger than the gap in budgets between AFC and Hearts. Go figure eh?

It's not just about budgets. Was just pointing it out. We also finished above Hibs and Rangers in the Championship who both had well over double our budget. So I get how that works.

Spitonastranger

Myth. We had games in hand. Let's not let the facts get in the way though eh?

how can it be a myth when we were above you.

Pants Shaton

Hearts will finish above Aberdeen next season.

Am I the only one who finds the small band of Aberdeen weirdos on here insufferable? Hope Celtic ****ing pump them silly.

It's a really tricky one. As it stands today all that stands between the return of the old firm duopoly is Aberdeen. Now we could replace them next season but there's little evidence to support that. Hibs could have a say again though Rangers have twice proved better than hibs across an entire season. And I really hope rangers didn't move into second as the only way to force change is to have a struggling Rangers back up the rest and not vote with the other arse cheek.

Of course a weaker Aberdeen benefits us or at least it should. Tough call as I like them as rivals. A strong Hearts Hibs and Aberdeen make for a better league and bigger games.

Bad Religion

It's a really tricky one. As it stands today all that stands between the return of the old firm duopoly is Aberdeen. Now we could replace them next season but there's little evidence to support that. Hibs could have a say again though Rangers have twice proved better than hibs across an entire season. And I really hope rangers didn't move into second as the only way to force change is to have a struggling Rangers back up the rest and not vote with the other arse cheek.

Of course a weaker Aberdeen benefits us or at least it should. Tough call as I like them as rivals. A strong Hearts Hibs and Aberdeen make for a better league and bigger games.

You imply that Aberdeen are doing something incredible by saying they split the old firm. There isn't any old form duopoly anymore. It's Celtic by a mile and then the rest of us.

You imply that Aberdeen are doing something incredible by saying they split the old firm. There isn't any old form duopoly anymore. It's Celtic by a mile and then the rest of us.

FFS man is dolly on her mollys the night!? It was a compliment. And you're not so naive as to think Rangers moving into second and starting to create a gap between the rest won't see the return of the old pals act. Doesn't matter how far behind Celtic they are they will keep the rest of us down!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If I'm honest, I didn't expect Aberdeen to do as well this season, they have been very good since they got humped in the League Cup. But it does have to end and the first tests are coming. Players they don't want to leave are for the first time in this era for them. If McInnes goes they may well get Archibald or Wright but they will have to recruit with competition, whereas McInnes had the advantage of 3 teams out of the way for a large chunk.

Even since we got promoted we still don't have the financial clout. Maybe better this season

Bad Religion

FFS man is dolly on her mollys the night!? It was a compliment. And you're not so naive as to think Rangers moving into second and starting to create a gap between the rest won't see the return of the old pals act. Doesn't matter how far behind Celtic they are they will keep the rest of us down!

I have no idea what your first sentence means.

A compliment to who?

Without being an expert on Rangers finances. I'm hoping that might get out act together and be able to compete with them for a few seasons before the inevitable happens.

He had McInnes number, we aren't talking about any other manager just Mcinnes and he had him sussed pretty quickly.

The fact was Hearts were above Aberdeen when Robbie Neilson left. True or false?

Neilson has a better Head to head record versus Derek Mcinnes, true or false.

Facts facts facts

:pleasingao:

Hearts had played 15 league games when he left and had 26 points winning 7 games and losing 3. Aberdeen were on 24 points having played 13 league games also winning 7 games and losing 3. So it was basically a false second place as you well know as we won one of our games in hand the following midweek after he left

socrates82

Yeah, we're in full-on monopoly mode forever now or until some sort of Euro league starts up. There's no OF to split.

how can it be a myth when we were above you.

If you can't work it out yourself that it was a false second place due to amount of games played by both teams at that particular point in time then I'm not even going to try starting to explain it to you.

socrates82

Hearts had played 15 league games when he left and had 26 points winning 7 games and losing 3. Aberdeen were on 24 points having played 13 league games also winning 7 games and losing 3. So it was basically a false second place as you well know as we won one of our games in hand the following midweek after he left

"false second place"! That's the very definition of "alternative facts". At that point of time Hearts were second, above Aberdeen.

Bad Religion

So who was above who when Robbie left?

Who had the better head to head record?

Hearts will finish above Aberdeen next season.

Am I the only one who finds the small band of Aberdeen weirdos on here insufferable? Hope Celtic ******* pump them silly.

You've been saying the same thing for the past two seasons. Good luck finishing above Kilmarnock or Hibs next season with Cathro in charge never mind Aberdeen.

So who was above who when Robbie left?

Who had the better head to head record?

The second place was a false one. It normally is when you've played two games more than your rivals and they are only two points behind with one of the games in hand being a home game vs Kilmarnock. Most sane people can work that one out.

Bad Religion

The second place was a false one. It normally is when you've played two games more than your rivals and they are only two points behind with one of the games in hand being a home game vs Kilmarnock. Most sane people can work that one out.

Come on you can say it

socrates82

It would only be false if you know for sure by looking into the future that Aberdeen would pick up enough points to be above Hearts after the same number of games.

Without that ability all you can do is look at the table. If we use your logic, no-one would have been in second place. However if you look at the table that day, Hearts were.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The second place was a false one. It normally is when you've played two games more than your rivals and they are only two points behind with one of the games in hand being a home game vs Kilmarnock. Most sane people can work that one out.[/quote

]

So Hearts weren't second then?

Normality has never gone away. The old firm win virtually everything bar the odd cup here and there that has happened ever since Fergie left Aberdeen. The rest of the teams fight for the scraps. That is the normality of Scottish football. It's never changed for over 30 years.

Again you miss the point...

By normality I mean the Hearts finishing above the dandies, nothing else, and definitely not interested in where the two ugly sisters fit into that...

Insert Brucie smilie!! :)

Aberdeen are going through a great period just now. There's no indication we will be better next year. God knows where the jealously comes from though, they are better just now and in the final on Saturday but we have had it much better in the last 20/10 years by a country mile

As for anyone saying we will finish above them next year, there's zero to back that up. Nothing.

Again you miss the point...

By normality I mean the Hearts finishing above the dandies, nothing else, and definitely not interested in where the two ugly sisters fit into that...

Insert Brucie smilie!! :)

How many years ago did we finish above Aberdeen? There's arguments both sides.

The second place was a false one. It normally is when you've played two games more than your rivals and they are only two points behind with one of the games in hand being a home game vs Kilmarnock. Most sane people can work that one out.[/quote

]

So Hearts weren't second then?

Yes they were. But on Neilson's last day prior to the Rangers game do you agree that Hearts were a point behind Aberdeen having played a game more? And do you also agree that on the day of his last game Aberdeen were not scheduled to play one of their two games in hand? So with that in mind it was a bit of a false second place surely as he only obtained that position on his very last day due to having a massive advantage of having played two games more? Agree or disagree? If you disagree then going by your logic next time I watch the US Masters on the final Sunday I'm going to declare the first clubhouse leader as the winner of the tournament. The fact that the other golfers who started the day with a better score hence them teeing off later in the day will obviously be irrelevant

How many years ago did we finish above Aberdeen? There's arguments both sides.

Some on here seemingly only want to refer to the years when Hearts were better (and admittedly there have been many of those). Like I've said before since Souness arrived in Scotland and Fergie left a few months later (and old firm money changed the face of the game forever up here) there have been 31 completed seasons. Aberdeen have finished above Hearts 16 times post Fergie with Hearts finishing above us 15 times (we've had some embarrassing crap in that time especially from 1996 to 2004 we were a laughing stock due to some shocking managerial appointments). We've won 4 trophies in that time to Hearts' 3. We were also the one old firm team that came close to winning the league. But listening to some on here you'd think it was total Hearts domination since Ferguson left. The stats show it's actually been very even with both sides having huge peaks and troughs and showing little consistency . But the most telling stat is the lack of trophies from both clubs compared to the old firm. If as is very likely Celtic win tomorrow they will have won as many major trophies in 6 months as Hearts have in 55 years and if you take the league title they won last year they will have won as many in the last 12 months as we have since Fergie left. And we are the next biggest clubs in the country when you look at overall trophies won. That more than anything else sums up the sad state of Scottish football.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

ame="Sir Gio" post="6033379" timestamp="1495747424"]

Yes they were. But on Neilson's last day prior to the Rangers game do you agree that Hearts were a point behind Aberdeen having played a game more? And do you also agree that on the day of his last game Aberdeen were not scheduled to play one of their two games in hand? So with that in mind it was a bit of a false second place surely as he only obtained that position on his very last day due to having a massive advantage of having played two games more? Agree or disagree? If you disagree then going by your logic next time I watch the US Masters on the final Sunday I'm going to declare the first clubhouse leader as the winner of the tournament. The fact that the other golfers who started the day with a better score hence them teeing off later in the day will obviously be irrelevant

Were Hearts 2nd yes or no. Most sane people can answer yes or no questions

Is this prick still here? getting his red jammies a wee bit rustled i see,.

HEARTS WERE 2nd IN THE TABLE: FACT  now do us a favour and GTF

ford donald

If you can't work it out yourself that it was a false second place due to amount of games played by both teams at that particular point in time then I'm not even going to try starting to explain it to you.

After the cup final,the aberdeen team will break up (I sincerely hope you win the cup),next season Hearts,Rangers,Hibs and Aberdeen will be battling it out for second place

and I don't think Aberdeen will finish second,think it will be between Hearts and Rangers.

Archived