Would you sign for Hibs?

tian447

No. Never. I'd find it impossible to keep my opinions on them to myself and removing that stench would be disgustingly difficult.

Just think when you score you can take your top off to reveal your 5-1 2012 cup final t-shirt ;)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
black stump

of course. To the players its just a job (in the main) and getting paid to play football is all they care about.

Its only us fans that get stressed about rival teams..

Nookie Bear

Pay me enough cash and I would gladly score a hat-trick against the YAMS at Tynecastle and celebrate by jumping into Section N and taking all of you ***** on.

Son Of Anarchy

Just think when you score you can take your top off to reveal your 5-1 2012 cup final t-shirt ;)

Visions of Rudi turning his back to them pointing to his name. Imagine deliberately missing a vital penalty for them like......

Nookie Bear

Deffo sign for them and score a couple o own goals when playing Hearts.

seriously  would sign in the hope it would be a stepping stone to get in to the Hearts team,

or the English premiership, lol, getting carried away now.

Wouldn't want you at Hearts, you Judas  :2thumbsup:

alex young hero

Yes I will offer my services tomorrow will play in goals will be 72 in September wouldn't I be a hero.

queensferryjambo

Jason Cummings did and he hasn't done bad at all

Exactly and after 4 seasons of getting first team football he now has the chance to score a goal in the top flight of Scottish football.

Magnificent achievement ;)

Yes I will offer my services tomorrow will play in goals will be 72 in September wouldn't I be a hero.

That you Budgie?

Exactly and after 4 seasons of getting first team football he now has the chance to score a goal in the top flight of Scottish football.

Yep. :thumbsup:

He'll rip up the top tier right enough.

CostaJambo

If it was my only chance of playing professional football? Of course.

Wouldn't ever start kissing the badge Swanson style though...

This. And I'd be on the blower to my agent every couple of weeks looking for a move sharpish too.

There are 4 football tops I could never pull over my head, Hibs, the Huns, Smelltic and Engurland, juvenile I know, but I'm only 69 years old.

A man after my own Heart.

maroonnicky63

what makes you think he will be playing in the Scottish prem nxt year ?

colinmaroon

In my physical condition and age, I would sign for them as a goalkeeper.

bajthejambo

I'd sign for them for the same reason as above; if they were the only offer on the table.

I'd probably end up doing some sort of Lee Clarke type offence if we got to the cup final while I was there. Thus opening the door for my transfer across the City.

Aye.

I wouldn't sign for Celtic or rangers.

Meant to add, if I signed for hibs, means I wasn't good enough for us.

You would sign for Hibs but you wouldn't sign for one of the two biggest clubs in Scotland, you are an oddball.

Bazzas right boot

You would sign for Hibs but you wouldn't sign for one of the two biggest clubs in Scotland, you are an oddball.

Nah, I don't believe in what they stand for. Same way I wouldn't be a tobbaco salesman, a Tory MP or a pharmaceutical rep.

My pro Scottish stance rules me out of ranger's, I'd be hounded out.

I couldn't play for fans singing rule Brittania, I'd be sick.

As for Celtic, I'd be respecting the fallen, so I'm ****ed there as well.

I'd be best avoid them.

I'd go to a English championship team over them every day of the week.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Of course I would, and I'd def make sure I...

- missed a couple of sitters then THE penalty to ensure relegation

- waited until Hearts went up, then play a blinder for half a season getting the Tache's hopes up of a mega million transfer fee

- then eat donuts and not try a leg for the rest of the year, watching my value plummet

- be sure to get in character with a cracking hair do and cause some dressing room unrest.

Yes, Jason Cummings is my role model.  Seven words I individually understand but never thought I'd use them in that order in a sentence before.

No brainer.

I think you'd have to be very silly to turn down a professional contract, at any club.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

In a heartbeat.

Dave Gray is a jambo and he's there ******* messiah. Not sure how I'd cope with that

Holyrood_Hearts

I couldn't go to them. Wouldn't even consider it.

FFS is this what's in store until August

:facepalm:

This LOL..  Reminds me how much I hate Summer!!!

Any player who wants to make it at the highest levels knows to leave their boyhood allegiances at the door.

Players who fail to do this inevitably end up having mediocre careers or through "achieving their goal" of playing for their heroes don't progress and end upbeing emptied before their 21st birthday.

Best example of a professional player doing this that I can think of - Neilson.

Phil Dunphy

There's more than a few members on here that would give their right arm to play for Hibs.

Chances are if Hibs are in for you, Hearts will have a wee sniff or know of you. So therefore, no.

Jambo Bruce

My Dads mate , was David Gibson had trial with Hearts but they had Alec young and Ian Crawford so they didn't sign him ,but then got a trial for Hibs they signed him,he went on to play for 2-3 years then went to Leicester city. The thing was Davids family were all Jambos and his Mum and Dad ran the Winchburgh Hearts bus, later in life Davie returned to visit his mum, who was suffering from dementia, and the story goes that she couldn't remember him but she could Willie Bauld .

tynietigers

If my boy got offered a contract I would say grab it with both hands and make it a stepping stone to the famous HMFC :)

PeterintheRain

Sign for h1b5 and then put anthrax in the changing rooms.   I almost put showers but then I remembered.

Sign for h1b5 and then put anthrax in the changing rooms.   I almost put showers but then I remembered.

Standard.

Having given the question due consideration I have determined that I would live in a bath filled with disease ridden excrement before I would sign for Hibernian, Celtic or Rangers.

Having given the question due consideration I have determined that I would live in a bath filled with disease ridden excrement before I would sign for Hibernian, Celtic or Rangers.

Share that bath with me Doug.

Metaphorically speaking of course.

Watt-Zeefuik

If we're talking about me personally, I would absolutely sign for them as I can think of no better way to damage their team than to have a fat unskilled over-the-hill nothing such as myself on their payroll.

Doesn't matter if I never took the pitch.  The amount of a morale hit for the rest of the players to have to look over at me and think, "he draws a paycheck here too?!?" would be worth it alone.

tynietigers

If we're talking about me personally, I would absolutely sign for them as I can think of no better way to damage their team than to have a fat unskilled over-the-hill nothing such as myself on their payroll.

Doesn't matter if I never took the pitch. The amount of a morale hit for the rest of the players to have to look over at me and think, "he draws a paycheck here too?!?" would be worth it alone.

Sounds like what Danny Swanson did to us

Harry Potter

Wouldn't want you at Hearts, you Judas  :2thumbsup:

But i would be a 30 goal a season player, 

Nookie Bear

But i would be a 30 goal a season player, 

That would be a start on your road to redemption.

I would - with these knees and pushing 40 I could do plenty of damage to Hibs cause if they made the silly mistake of giving me a chance :D

lauriesrank

My wife's dad got offered a full time contract with hubs in.... 79 I think, told them to bolt cause he's a jambo. Subsequently never made it cause the army was his career.

Hibs was auto corrected there, didn't have the HEART to change it.

rudi must stay

Theoretical question:

You are a player looking to sign for a full time professional team, to really start your career. The only offer on the table is from Hibs. It's take it or leave it, and no other team at all is interested or willing to give you a chance. If you don't sign with them, you won't ever sign for anyone else.

Would you do it? Could you?

Nah couldn't do it. Wouldn't ever want to play for them

Harry Potter

Pay me enough cash and I would gladly score a hat-trick against the YAMS at Tynecastle and celebrate by jumping into Section N and taking all of you ***** on.

Ha ha, imagine that. kickback on meltdown.

Ha ha, imagine that. kickback on meltdown.

That surely never happens does it Harry?

:uhoh2:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

fair enough

would you be ok scoring the winning goal vs Hearts though?

I would like to think I wouldn't celebrate but it likely would as I imagine you would build a bond with team mates which would become strong .

Like when you ask a soldier who has been in battle who they end up fighting for they don't say flag or country most tend to say their mates fellow soldiers and family .

Though a penalty shootout for the cup

Denis Law did it but didn't look happy about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRgAW_lvplo

maroonlegions

Rather become a chef than sign for rat infested junkie Ned low life over exuberance vermin like  excuse for a football club. 

FTH in every sense of the word.

10329153_877237508969487_162355207773374

Rather become a chef than sign for rat infested junkie Ned low life over exuberance vermin like  excuse for a football club. 

FTH in every sense of the word.

10329153_877237508969487_162355207773374

That a 'no' then? :lol:

ps. What's wrong with bring a chef?

MacDonald Jardine

That a 'no' then? [emoji38]

ps. What's wrong with bring a chef?

I was wondering that too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was wondering that too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

:thumb:

Strange one that.

Anyway, if I'd checked my post I'd have noticed that I put 'bring' instead of 'being'!!

Me :phface:

LarrysRightFoot

I would sign for Hibs yes.

Would have loved to be a professional footballer. As someone else mentioned to make it you have to put allegiances to the side.

Whittaker, Cummings, Gray, Stewart and Wallace to name but a few have played for the team they supports rivals.

Funnily enough my dad had a trial for Hibs - wasn't offered a contract though.

Always heard that if you come from Edinburgh you should support an Edinburgh team, that must ring true with playing. Hearts and Hibs have 50 plus fulltime football openings between them..why cut of your nose to spite your face by only opting for one.

If your a decent Catalonia footballer who can't get into the Barcelona squad, and you get the chance to join Real Madrid, do you say "nah their pure dead ragge, won't play for them"......

Archived