Would you sign for Hibs?

tian447

Theoretical question:

You are a player looking to sign for a full time professional team, to really start your career. The only offer on the table is from Hibs. It's take it or leave it, and no other team at all is interested or willing to give you a chance. If you don't sign with them, you won't ever sign for anyone else.

Would you do it? Could you?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFS is this what's in store until August

:facepalm:

Sorry, would you prefer another Cathro thread? Or speculating about who will leave?

It was a question that came up in conversation.

Dr. Bapswent

FFS is this what's in store until August

:facepalm:

Pretty much.

It's all made up 'could do a job, sign him' threads about players we aren't looking at and have no interest in coming to us or 'what if' pointless threads about things that are made up to fill the metaphorical online silence.

My brother did. Hearts didn't rate him so signed for hibs at the age of 16. Played once for their reserves then left to play guitar instead (that didn't work out either) he said the boys were treated very well there.

Bazzas right boot

Aye.

I wouldn't sign for Celtic or rangers.

Meant to add, if I signed for hibs, means I wasn't good enough for us.

Ibrahim Tall

If it was my only chance of playing professional football? Of course.

Wouldn't ever start kissing the badge Swanson style though...

If it was my first game, possibly...but if I had started at hearts then I'd already be a Rudi type antichrist for these vermin shitstains as I'd have wound them up every derby.

Edit*- But then again Yeah, sign me and I'll score a last minute OG in the derby and rush to the hearts fans to celebrate. (Beat that Swanson ya plumb)

All roads lead to Gorgie

If I was set on becoming a pro yes but if hibs were the only team interested then I would worry I wasn't too great a player. I might slip in a short passback in a derby mind.

Paul Shark

Theoretical question:

You are a player looking to sign for a full time professional team, to really start your career. The only offer on the table is from Hibs. It's take it or leave it, and no other team at all is interested or willing to give you a chance. If you don't sign with them, you won't ever sign for anyone else.

Well you've certainly annoyed the Serious Squad this morning !! To answer your question. Nuh, **** that. Hearts, top 4 in England, Bayern Munich, PSG, 2 Madrids or Barcelona or nothing !!!

When I was a laddie here was an utter baw face at Hearts who was also involved at Tynecastle BC.  Would rather have signed for that Leith filth than play for him.

Bazzas right boot

Lol

The more relevant question on here, would be "would you sign for Hearts?"

A good number on here Seem to dislike everything from Budge through to the manager and to the the players.

On second thoughts, a number seem to be bailing out supporting us, imagine if they were playing, lose a few games and handing in transfer requests because Thier not happy.

Bazzas right boot

I'd sign for anyone.

The kind of gal I wanna meet!

ToadKiller Dog

Yes of course if I was pursuing a prof career and they were the only choice .

If Hearts had turned me down I would also do my best to show them what they had missed out on when the derby came round .

If I had the choice between Hibs and anybody in the top league except Hearts Aberdeen and the ugly sisters would likely go for Hibs .

My first choice would always be hearts .

It's a career and if you are serious about it you have to be sensible .

Jambo 4 Ever

Yes of course if I was pursuing a prof career and they were the only choice .

If Hearts had turned me down I would also do my best to show them what they had missed out on when the derby came round .

If I had the choice between Hibs and anybody in the top league except Hearts Aberdeen and the ugly sisters would likely go for Hibs .

My first choice would always be hearts .

It's a career and if you are serious about it you have to be sensible .

fair enough

would you be ok scoring the winning goal vs Hearts though?

LogicalEric

As in any professional walk of life, if you were offered a good salary then of course you would.

Theoretical question:

:lion:

ToadKiller Dog

fair enough

would you be ok scoring the winning goal vs Hearts though?

I would like to think I wouldn't celebrate but it likely would as I imagine you would build a bond with team mates which would become strong .

Like when you ask a soldier who has been in battle who they end up fighting for they don't say flag or country most tend to say their mates fellow soldiers and family .

Though a penalty shootout for the cup

If its the choice between that and unemployment then of course I would

hmfc_liam06

I'd sign for the team giving me the most money.

I know it doesn't answer the OP.

Rick James

**** me Kickback, what's wrong today.

OP is starting a harmless thread, bit like my Johnsen vs Nade thread.

Excuse us for trying to divert from the mind numbing 'Cathro out' 'who should we sign' shite.

**** me Kickback, what's wrong today.

OP is starting a harmless thread, bit like my Johnsen vs Nade thread.

Excuse us for trying to divert from the mind numbing 'Cathro out' 'who should we sign' shite.

Instead of opening it, and just closing it when they don't like it, they'll do their best to try and derail it because they've got nothing better to do with their time :lol:

Rick James

Instead of opening it, and just closing it when they don't like it, they'll do their best to try and derail it because they've got nothing better to do with their time :lol:

Some people must enjoy spending their days talking about Ian Cathro. :lol:

With no other team interested ****ing right I would.

I'd play my bollocks off to win a better move but I wouldn't hesitate if it was all I had on offer at the time.

Professional footballers usually have sacrificed education and qualifications to get to where they are. It's not like you could just turn it down and walk into another job that pays that kind of money.

Dagger Is Back

Hell yeah. I'd work my socks off to get a move to a better club and leave them with no transfer fee.

Hell yeah. I'd work my socks off to get a move to a better club and leave them with no transfer fee.

I like the way you think.

Free transfer to the Hearts :thumbsup:

Stephane Grappelli

Theoretical question:

You have a go at me for starting a thread about Real Madrid then come up with pish like this?

If i was a young laddie looking to make my way in the professional game? Of course I'd play for Hibs.

If I was a seasoned professional with plenty money in the bank? GTF Hibs.

ToadKiller Dog

As much based I would try to be professional I would try to get the number 15 or 51 shirt .

Ryan Jarman

No doubt if I left Hibs, signed for a new club and then scored against them at home Id be giving them an Adebayor style celebration

Captain America

I'd sign, but would always get sent off the game before the derby.

Be off as soon as any decent offer came in. 

jambo-in-furness

There are 4 football tops I could never pull over my head, Hibs, the Huns, Smelltic and Engurland, juvenile I know, but I'm only 69 years old.

Theoretical question:

Yes and when Hearts approach me I will sign at the first opportunity.

Son Of Anarchy

No. Never. I'd find it impossible to keep my opinions on them to myself and removing that stench would be disgustingly difficult.

socrates82

Theoretical question:

Yeah but then I probably wouldn't be as big a hearts fan anyhow. Most players who were really good at football at school and who either went pro for a while or were close didn't form the same bonds to one club in my experience. They were too busy playing football all the time.

They all had allegiances to a club through family or friends but not at the level of the average fan. Most of us became diehards in our teenage years - by then good players are on the path to being a pro and probably attached to a club.

Harry Potter

Deffo sign for them and score a couple o own goals when playing Hearts.

seriously  would sign in the hope it would be a stepping stone to get in to the Hearts team,

or the English premiership, lol, getting carried away now.

hearts @ heart

Could never pull the hobo rag including the goalie top over my head. Would not be able to keep my dinner down. Could not let it touch my skin. One or two other tops fall in to the same category. Each to their own I suppose.

Archived