One Billion pound takeover bid for Arsenal

iantjambo

If he's looking for another club...I'm sure Ann and the FoH will roll out the cucumber sannys and at least listen to his ?1bn offer!

Heartsmad1874

Kroenke may change his mind if Arsenal fail to get in the Champions League all of a sudden the mega bucks from that will disappear.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

What fun does anyone possibly get in supporting a club like Arsenal?

Boring. 

Toxteth O'Grady

If he's looking for another club...I'm sure Ann and the FoH will roll out the cucumber sannys and at least listen to his ?1bn offer!

what an absolutely obscene sugestion -,I'm in

Lucille's Thirsty

Boring.

Agreed.

I think I heard Paul Merton on SSN this morning saying arsene Wenger to put a young team out in the EL if they don't make CL what annoys me a club like arsenal have never won the CL or The UEFA cup and they act as though they are beneath that tournament and are too big for.

Go and win a European trophy you never have.

fabienleclerq

Boring.

They never win the league and every now and again finish second with the odd cup win, so pretty much like Hearts then.

Jambos1983

Yep. Our owner is richer than your owner. This wont happen but the english leagues are obscene

Yep. Our owner is richer than your owner. This wont happen but the english leagues are obscene

So true.....?20,000 a week for an ordinary championship player....

The Manchester teams will be even bigger...

Gavsy Van Gaverson

They never win the league and every now and again finish second with the odd cup win, so pretty much like Hearts then.

Aye just the 5 FA Cups in 20 years.

Guest Paul Allen

Following Hearts is anything but boring mate (the last six months aside).

Agreed.

I think I heard Paul Merton on SSN this morning saying arsene Wenger to put a young team out in the EL if they don't make CL what annoys me a club like arsenal have never won the CL or The UEFA cup and they act as though they are beneath that tournament and are too big for.

Agree, the glory of football is diminishing.

It's a trophy to finish 4th in the EPL now.

A great example of money killing the game.

The UEFA Cup used to be a great competition because only the winners got in the European Cup and that left the next best to go into the UC. Teams fought hard to finish as high as they could to get European football and often the UEFA Cup was regarded as the toughest to win.

Now you've go teams 5th or 6th in their league with a chance to sneak into the top 4 and get in Europe's top club tourney. I know it's been this way for a while now but it's a joke.

Agreed.

Yes

Though going all in for the league for the first time might give Wenger and the team motivation. Maybe help Wenger's decision to stay on.

Having not won the league since 2004.

Agreed.

Was that Merton or Merson? Both clowns in any case. Just to point out they did win the European Cup Winners Cup which, at the time, was a bigger tournament than the UEFA Cup or the Europa League have ever been.

Was that Merton or Merson? Both clowns in any case. Just to point out they did win the European Cup Winners Cup which, at the time, was a bigger tournament than the UEFA Cup or the Europa League have ever been.

Arsenal lost UEFA final to Galatasary in 2000

Both teams having been knocked out of Champions League then getting places in UEFA draw.

Six FA Cups in 20 years! Hardly like us. Add in League titles, community shield wins, beaten finalists in CL in same twenty year period and yes, just like Hearts.

mahgrassyshoes

Aye just the 5 FA Cups in 20 years.

Compared to our 3. It's not the most out there comparison.

Nookie Bear

Six FA Cups in 20 years! Hardly like us. Add in League titles, community shield wins, beaten finalists in CL in same twenty year period and yes, just like Hearts.

They are still an underachieving club with arrogant fans who think other teams should admire their pretty passing and let them win.

Arsenal lost UEFA final to Galatasary in 2000

Both teams have been knocked out of Champions League then getting places in UEFA draw.

Beaten CL finalists as well. Won the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, pre-cursor to UEFA Cup. Every Hearts fan would give their eye teeth for us to win as much in next 25 years as Arsenal have won in last 25 years. Sadly we won't be close I suspect.

Nookie Bear

Beaten CL finalists as well. Won the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, pre-cursor to UEFA Cup. Every Hearts fan would give their eye teeth for us to win as much in next 25 years as Arsenal have won in last 25 years. Sadly we won't be close I suspect.

If I'm paying a grand for a season ticket, watching players earn ?200k per week, in a 60k stadium, with billionaire owners and the EPL money then I would expect more.

They are still an underachieving club with arrogant fans who think other teams should admire their pretty passing and let them win.

Disagree on both counts but not getting in to a debate about it. We have the creme de la creme of arrogant fans up here in Scotland and possibly the current biggest under-achievers in world football. Does anyone really care though?

If I'm paying a grand for a season ticket, watching players earn ?200k per week, in a 60k stadium, with billionaire owners and the EPL money then I would expect more.

Id pay ?1,000 for season ticket for Tynie to watch their players in maroon. Would you?

No where else would a top club failing to win league mostly badly out of touch in 12 seasons have kept the same manager.

Nookie Bear

Id pay ?1,000 for season ticket for Tynie to watch their players in maroon. Would you?

Er...no

Er...no

Each to their own. Extra ?20 quid a game to watch Sanchez, Ozil et al in maroon sounds good to me. If only it were that easy to get them playing for Hearts.

I seem to remember them winning the league unbeaten, and qualifying for the latter stages of the CL since the edge of time, much like Hearts ??

Nookie Bear

Each to their own. Extra ?20 quid a game to watch Sanchez, Ozil et al in maroon sounds good to me. If only it were that easy to get them playing for Hearts.

Possibly a tad hypothetical lol

Possibly a tad hypothetical lol

Clearly. But I was responding to another posters comments about ?1,000 season tickets to watch Arsenal. I'd pay ?1,000 a season to watch Hearts if they had Arsenals squad. Would you?

Lucille's Thirsty

Arsenal have never won a European Cup though they seem to think they have a devine right to in that tournament.

I know they've been the CL for about 20 years running but not winning the tournament in that time is underwhelming for a club their supporters think their big players in it.

I think they are a big club but are they or have they ever been a European force some of you older Gentlemen might be able to help on that.

Arsenal have never won a European Cup though they seem to think they have a devine right to in that tournament.

I know they've been the CL for about 20 years running but not winning the tournament in that time is underwhelming for a club their supporters think their big players in it.

I think they are a big club but are they or have they ever been a European force some of you older Gentlemen might be able to help on that.

Already answered that. Won Cup Winners Cup, won Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, runner-up in CL and UEFA Cup. Last 16 of CL in 19 of last 20 seasons. There's no doubt they are a big club in European terms. Haven't won as much as they should but a big club nevertheless.

Lucille's Thirsty

Already answered that. Won Cup Winners Cup, won Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, runner-up in CL and UEFA Cup. Last 16 of CL in 19 of last 20 seasons. There's no doubt they are a big club in European terms. Haven't won as much as they should but a big club nevertheless.

Cup winners cup and Inter Cities fairs cup (:lol:) I'm not having bud a big club wouldn't brag about that at all.

Liverpool have won 5 European Cups

Man Utd have won 3 European cups

Even Chelsea have one.

Arsenal have nothing in Europe IMO compared to other big clubs in England let alone on the European stage.

Cup winners cup and Inter Cities fairs cup (:lol:) I'm not having bud a big club wouldn't brag about that at all.

Liverpool have won 5 European Cups

Man Utd have won 3 European cups

Even Chelsea have one.

Arsenal have nothing in Europe IMO compared to other big clubs in England let alone on the European stage.

Arsenal are at the same level of success as say Leeds United in Europe

Unless you see qualifying for the Champions League as success which Arsenal seem to do

Lucille's Thirsty

Arsenal are at the same level of success as say Leeds United in Europe

Unless you see qualifying for the Champions League as success which Arsenal seem to do

Thanks.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Arsenal aren't above any European Tournament I'm sick of their supporters thinking they are one of the big boys that have a European pedigree

Thanks.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Arsenal aren't above any European Tournament I'm sick of their supporters thinking they are one of the big boys that have a European pedigree

This season is the first time any English club hasn't thought they were above the Europa league. They have been playing weakened teams in it for years. Mourinho played his first team all the way this year because he knew it was the only way to get into CL. I don't think it's arrogance on the Club part. I just think they know that the extra games and the Thursday/Sunday match day routine is disruptive to their EPL prospects.

fabienleclerq

Think you've missed my point, the boy said it'd be boring being an arsenal fan.

Nookie Bear

Clearly. But I was responding to another posters comments about ?1,000 season tickets to watch Arsenal. I'd pay ?1,000 a season to watch Hearts if they had Arsenals squad. Would you?

I think it was me, anyway?

I couldn't justify paying that kind of money to watch football, no. I would still support Hearts but would be an armchair fan, priced out of going. But that's a different discussion re the price of football these days.

Seymour M Hersh

I see there is chat about the Chinese trying to buy Liverpool for ?1billion + should they qualify for the CL.

I see there is chat about the Chinese trying to buy Liverpool for ?1billion + should they qualify for the CL.

All the Chinese? Makes sense, they'd have to put in less than a quid each.

Bargain.

Not sure why there is the outrage at this valuation. If anything it seems on the low side to me. The big US franchises are valued at significantly more, some of which have way less exposure globally than Arsenal. TV money plays a huge part of course but for example the LA Clippers (yeah not the LA Lakers) sold in recent times for over $2 billion and have nowhere near the support or history of Arsenal.

Seymour M Hersh

All the Chinese? Makes sense, they'd have to put in less than a quid each.

Bargain.

Good point. It is a government consortium apparently so maybe it is coming from the public purse.

Arsenal fans signing that they want Kroenke to go

Realistically though why would he sell ?..the club makes a tidy profit every season, the valuation increases with every TV deal, the fans still buy the season tickets and he lives elsewhere so doesn't have to put up with any abuse.

Archived