Umbro-New Kit Supplier

Serge Pizzorno

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Салатные палочки

Good news.  Wonder if that picture is a wee teaser.  Might we get a kit reveal before the end of May? 

Unknown user

Good they've made some crackers for us over the years.

One of my favorite wee facts, Umbro were originally called Humphrey Brothers but shortened it to Umbro in their Manchester accents.

rudi must stay

Excellent news. They did a really good job last time, far better than Puma did

Serge Pizzorno

Article states there's 3 kits next season, with home one to be on sale in June

Салатные палочки

One of my favorite wee facts, Umbro were originally called Humphrey Brothers but shortened it to Umbro in their Manchester accents.

Nice one, I love wee snippets like that  :2thumbsup:

The jj era

DAHYQnBVoAERTjV.jpg

Please please please be a spoiler... black diamonds on maroon would be amaaaaaaaazing

Captain America

Article states there's 3 kits next season, with home one to be on sale in June

Spotted that.

Why do we need 3 kits?

Салатные палочки

I would prefer the diamonds to be white but I can't complain if they are black, its a really iconic design.  

Puma were utterly shite. I'm not much of an Umbro fan either but accept Adidas are too awkward to use and Umbro have given us some decent kits over the years.

That mock up someone made using the Umbro template was unreal. If thats it the club should do well on it.

King Of The Cat Cafe

So we are being served next season...

Italian Lambretta

Looked like a good statement up until a certain point.

?On the pitch Hearts are a club with a youthful squad and an ambitious manager, while off it the development of a new main stand shows their ambition - this is a new and exciting partnership for Umbro and we are looking forward to revealing the kits we?ve created for the players and fans.? 

Say What Again

And the first player sponsorship deal they had, was with Denis Law.

Walter Bishop

?On the pitch Hearts are a club with a youthful squad and an ambitious manager, while off it the development of a new main stand shows their ambition - this is a new and exciting partnership for Umbro and we are looking forward to revealing the kits we?ve created for the players and fans.? 

:facepalm:

Say What Again

That mock up someone made using the Umbro template was unreal. If thats it the club should do well on it.

giphy.gif

Not bothered who the maker is - as long as it's dark maroon/white trim tops, white shorts, and dark maroon socks with white tops - and nae fancy bits!!

Unknown user

Nice one, I love wee snippets like that :2thumbsup:

I'm sure everyone knows the Adidas/Puma history so here's a more tenuous one - Sharp Electronics, who once sponsored Man U, were originally japanese firm Hayakawa until they wanted a better name for exporting their pencils to the English speaking world.

I'm a treasure trove of useless shite.

statement makes it sound like they've already been created and are ready to go!

Third kit :wow:

Maroon home, white away and black third kit please!!

Either that, or something ridiculous for the third kit. Don't think there would have been that many complaints about the Pink and Yellow this season if it were a third kit instead of the away kit.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Really? I knew Adidas was Adi Dasler but didn't know this one. Does this mean we will win the cup again?

I didn't mind Puma, but Umbro is good

Looked like a good statement up until a certain point.

Regardless of what you think about Cathro, you can't really argue that he is not ambitious!

GingaNinja

In 2012 Umbro was bought buy Nike . Then once they had secured the England kit deal the brand name was sold to an american company called Iconix Brand Group . There for Umbro isn't the same company we all love , infact there products that I've experienced are on par with puma if not worse ! but don't take my word for it ! check out there teamwear page on there website and decide for yourselves ........ 

In 2012 Umbro was bought buy Nike . Then once they had secured the England kit deal the brand name was sold to an american company called Iconix Brand Group . There for Umbro isn't the same company we all love , infact there products that I've experienced are on par with puma if not worse ! but don't take my word for it ! check out there teamwear page on there website and decide for yourselves ........

Did the Umbro brand not then get sold off and was bought by people keen to play on the company's old heritage?

Sure I read that somewhere.

Unknown user

Really? I knew Adidas was Adi Dasler but didn't know this one. Does this mean we will win the cup again?

I didn't mind Puma, but Umbro is good

Yes, and yes!

Puma was started by Adi's (Adolf's) brother Rudi by the way, so we really should prefer Puma to adidas - Rudi or Adolf, Rudi or Adolf...

Archie McBlarter

If we're getting a third kit, maybe one will be the Inter Milan style as that couldn't be worn vs Dundee.

I'm sure everyone knows the Adidas/Puma history so here's a more tenuous one - Sharp Electronics, who once sponsored Man U, were originally japanese firm Hayakawa until they wanted a better name for exporting their pencils to the English speaking world.

I'm a treasure trove of useless shite.

Another interesting thing is Mita (as in copiers) is now known as Kycocera who sponsored Reading

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

PhoenixHearts

99c4226318231fe3ca812bd6865a00db.jpg

Everton's new kit has the Umbro graphic on the sleeves so we could well see this on ours.

Wouldn't mind that in Maroon with either White or Black diamond trim. Not sure about the armpit patches. We sure as hell couldnt have them in white. Maybe an even darker maroon than the body?

I'm one of the few that quite likes this Everton kit. Will probably buy it.

Unknown user

Another interesting thing is Mita (as in copiers) is now known as Kycocera who sponsored Reading

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

That is interesting!

If they make the Umbro diamond in gold on the home strip again the big cup is coming home next season....

:jjyay:

:D

maroonlegions

Ooh I'd like dark diamonds on maroon sleeves

I had this top.

Remember another Umbro to when i was a lad had that  version of it too;

18301922_1136811959764141_79730647392224

18341713_1136808556431148_41417013794437

18341986_10203279928077109_2850248014654

highlandjambo3

Can play in maroon bin-liners for all I care.......... we currently have bigger fish to fry................

THIS DOES NOT EXCITE ME

Prince Buaben

Can play in maroon bin-liners for all I care.......... we currently have bigger fish to fry................

THIS DOES NOT EXCITE ME

Cheers :thumbsup:

Pumas 2 home tops and the white away top were good hearts tops.

Pleased to be with umbro again and the diamonds on the sleeve could go down a treat.

3 strips so I would assume a maroon, a white and possibly a black

f1173007ca19d227d8b0ef69c218a100.jpg

I Don't think the patches would work either tbh.

Umbro in white or gold and we have a winner.

Archived