Schalke and Heart of Midlothian

Locky

Unknown user

At the time I heard we made a ?35k profit as Wolfsburg paid their own expenses.

Maybe we should think about some sort of Good Guys tribute in the new stand, to show our thanks and appreciation to the clubs who helped out, cos there were a few and we shouldn't forget

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Locky

• Son Of Anarchy

• The Real Maroonblood

• Stupid Sexy Flanders

iwasthere1954

Maybe we should think about some sort of Good Guys tribute in the new stand, to show our thanks and appreciation to the clubs who helped out, cos there were a few and we shouldn't forget

I think a lot of fans have forgotten the efforts of others that helped us get through those dark days. The disappointing thing about the Wolfsburg game was the roughly 4,500 crowd that turned up(along with me). 

Bowmans_Boot

I think a lot of fans have forgotten the efforts of others that helped us get through those dark days. The disappointing thing about the Wolfsburg game was the roughly 4,500 crowd that turned up(along with me).

One of the worst games I have ever been to..... horrible weather, pointless match, on my own..... but it needed done.

iwasthere1954

One of the worst games I have ever been to..... horrible weather, pointless match, on my own..... but it needed done.

Don't think we new it was going to be their under 21 team. Plus a freezing cold damp night. However ?35k was a good effort. 

Bowmans_Boot

Don't think we new it was going to be their under 21 team. Plus a freezing cold damp night. However ?35k was a good effort.

It was a great effort and gesture, I just wanted it to end!! Awful match, but much needed.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The likes of St Johnstone, Partick and Ross County helped us too, I agree we could maybe do something to acknowledge that.

iwasthere1954

It was a great effort and gesture, I just wanted it to end!! Awful match, but much needed.

No scoring draw. What I remember was Wolfsburg missed lots of chances.

Tickets through for the opening Bundesliga game v RB Leipzig, really looking forward to a return to Gelsenkirchen. Rot Weiss Essen on the Sunday too. Hurrah!

Watt-Zeefuik

The likes of St Johnstone, Partick and Ross County helped us too, I agree we could maybe do something to acknowledge that.

I rather like the Schalke-N?rnberg friendship and think clubs like County and Partick are worth being friendly to in the same way.

Craig Herbertson

Aye that's Leslie & his girlfriend Silke from Recklinghausen. Their not long back after another visit to Scotland..

Top folks. I first met Leslie at a whiskey tasting in Germany and he arrived in a Hearts top. Good start.

I agree that we should acknowledge the clubs that helped but the club itself has a lot on its plate just with day to to day activities. Maybe they should have someone in place to assist fans who want to encourage other clubs on a more informal basis - something like an international fan base coordinator.

scott herbertson

Aye that's Leslie & his girlfriend Silke from Recklinghausen. Their not long back after another visit to Scotland..

Top folks. I first met Leslie at a whiskey tasting in Germany and he arrived in a Hearts top. Good start.

I agree that we should acknowledge the clubs that helped but the club itself has a lot on its plate just with day to to day activities. Maybe they should have someone in place to assist fans who want to encourage other clubs on a more informal basis - something like an international fan base coordinator.

I see a job for you there brother :-)

Craig Herbertson

I see a job for you there brother :-

Any job that involves showing foreign folks around the local pubs is a winner for me

Watt-Zeefuik

I see a job for you there brother :-)

TBH when I do get the chance to get to Tynie I'd love to have some kind of formal or informal pub/pie/memorabilia package. Even if it was just a flyer or something that said, "here, this voucher is good for a pint at Diggers, this voucher for a pie and a bovril in the stand, and here's some little button or trinket or something to remember your trip to Tynecastle by." 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

https://schalke04.de/fanbelange/04-fanfreundschafts-fragen-iron-blue-heidelberg-und-die-hearts/

A nice link I was sent this morning. The official Schalke website posting the story of Hearts fans and Iron Blue Heidelberg. Complete with photo of me, german friends and other Jambos in Benson’s from last year.

i’ll post a translation soon.

indianajones
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

https://schalke04.de/fanbelange/04-fanfreundschafts-fragen-iron-blue-heidelberg-und-die-hearts/

A nice link I was sent this morning. The official Schalke website posting the story of Hearts fans and Iron Blue Heidelberg. Complete with photo of me, german friends and other Jambos in Benson’s from last year.

Good read!

indianajones
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Probably every Schalke knows the big fan friendships with the 1st FC Nuremberg, FC Twente or Vardar Skopje. But apart from these friendships of the entire fan scene, there are a variety of friendly contacts of fan clubs or individual Schalke, which are not well known. These will be presented in the future by the department fan concerns in a loose order in the context of "04 questions".

FANBELANGE

2 minutes ago

180304_Hearts-1440x810.jpg

The first is the fan club "Iron Blue Heidelberg 1983", which cultivates an intensive exchange with fans of the Hearts of Midlothian. Meanwhile, there is even a joint fan club of S04 and Hearts fans with "Iron Blue Edinburgh".

How did your contact with the Scots come about?

In the group stage of the UEFA Cup, Schalke played in November 2004 in Edinburgh. There we had a wonderful and nice get-together with Scottish fans in the pubs in the city and at the stadium. Through Facebook, the contacts were then kept and expanded.

What happened next?

After a few years, a few Hearts supporters accompanied us for the first time in our traditional season-end ride to the last home game. At the time, Schalke's mile impressed her so much that a district in Germany can be so influenced by football that they did not expect it. Also, as we have been to Scotland more often over the years, it was, for example, an experience to support Hearts of Midlothian in the relegation battle on Boxing Day (Boxing Day) at the stadium.

What has moved the Hearts fans most recently?

That was certainly the fight for the existence of the club. After the companies of the extremely unpopular with the fans Lithuanian club owner Roman Romanow gone bankrupt, the club had almost 30 million euros in debt, a bankruptcy administrator was used and due to a large point deduction of 15 points, the descent was inevitable. All the greater was the joy that then succeeded with a cheap team of many home grown in 2016, the re-emergence in the Scottish Premiership.

What else is important to your fan club?

We are worried about the increasing commercialization and eventing in football. We have the impression that tradition is increasingly less important and everything is subordinated to the business. For us: Either a Schalke with corners, edges and emotions or no more football. Identification is more important to us than success.

12 hours ago, Locky said:

12 hours ago, Locky said:

so what one are you ? :cornette_dog:

Incredible derby in Dortmund in November. Borrusia 4-0 ahead after 25 minutes, but Schalke scored 4 second half goals to take a point. Equalized in injury time. 

On 5/3/2017 at 04:16, farin said:

I had 2 over from Germany for a game (Motherwell) last season. Been friends with them since we played them.

fb1e1f4584a852b34b84518acc5e3aa7.jpg

That's brilliant

I remember that game well, at one point I got up and shouted something rather bizarre (which I won't repeat) at the Shalke fans but it was in sheer frustration as they were singing all game, they never stopped once - absolutely amazing support they had that night, I remember thinking that it sounded somewhat tribal! But they all sang in unison together and to a man - best away support I've seen at Murrayfield 

great to see there are still links going on - great picture of the badge and also the flag 

It feels great that fans of other clubs will travel abroad just to see the famous Maroons - and that they remembered us from that game 

On 05/03/2018 at 12:55, farin said:

Cheap airfares has made travelling abroad to games very easy. It's a cracking weekend away. 

You’re not wrong Farin. Speaking of which, looks like there’s a spare ticket for Schalke vs Eintracht in May, if anyone’s interested?

On 10/08/2017 at 15:23, steven_mck said:

FC St Pauli too. Lots of potential and support base.

Unfortunately they have a big love-in with Celtic :( One of my mothers friends from Germany was over, he is a St Pauli fan and lives in the St Pauli district in Hamburg. He came over for the IndyRef. I tried to persuade him to go to see Hearts stadium at least but he wasn't interested.

What are Schalke like, are they left wing/ right wing? The German team I like is FC Nurnberg, they have a very similar maroon color they use sometimes in home shirts. And their rivals Greuther Furth play in green and white, so they might feel at home at the Edinburgh derby! ?

8 hours ago, LesJambes said:

Unfortunately they have a big love-in with Celtic :( One of my mothers friends from Germany was over, he is a St Pauli fan and lives in the St Pauli district in Hamburg. He came over for the IndyRef. I tried to persuade him to go to see Hearts stadium at least but he wasn't interested.

What are Schalke like, are they left wing/ right wing? The German team I like is FC Nurnberg, they have a very similar maroon color they use sometimes in home shirts. And their rivals Greuther Furth play in green and white, so they might feel at home at the Edinburgh derby! ?

Schalke are generally left, but don’t really care for politics in football. The way it should be. Nurnberg and Schalke have a great friendship. When they play each other there’s no segregation and quite often at Schalke games you see fans wearing Nurnberg scarves, patches etc.

No one really knows how or why the friendship came about. There’s a brief video on copa90’s YouTube channel that was uploaded recently explaining a bit.

6 hours ago, Locky said:

Schalke are generally left, but don’t really care for politics in football. The way it should be. Nurnberg and Schalke have a great friendship. When they play each other there’s no segregation and quite often at Schalke games you see fans wearing Nurnberg scarves, patches etc.

No one really knows how or why the friendship came about. There’s a brief video on copa90’s YouTube channel that was uploaded recently explaining a bit.

I follow Copa90 but I must have missed that one, I'll check it out! It seems strange to have a friendship with a team in the same league.

2 hours ago, LesJambes said:

I follow Copa90 but I must have missed that one, I'll check it out! It seems strange to have a friendship with a team in the same league.

It’s quite common in Europe. More than you’d think anyway. In recent years, Nurnberg have been yo-yoing between the top and 2nd tiers.

Being from Bavaria too, Nurnberg hate Bayern, much like Schalke. I guess that could be a reason.

52 minutes ago, Locky said:

It’s quite common in Europe. More than you’d think anyway. In recent years, Nurnberg have been yo-yoing between the top and 2nd tiers.

Being from Bavaria too, Nurnberg hate Bayern, much like Schalke. I guess that could be a reason.

We should adopt Arbroath as our wee brothers

Iron Blue 1983

Hi,

my name is Michael, member of Iron Blue from Germany. Changed from passive reader to subscribed board member. Happy to follow this discussion here.
Glück Auf and HHGH!

Edited by Iron Blue 1983

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Iron Blue 1983 said:

Hi,

my name is Michael, member of Iron Blue from Germany. Changed from passive reader to subscribed board member. Happy to follow this discussion here.
Glück Auf and HHGH!

Welcome buddy!

• 1 month later...
Iron Blue 1983

As I´m actually not allowed to start a new topic I hope this post is seen by many Jambos:
We have 2 tickets available for the last match of the season against one of the toughest competitors in Champions League qualification. If you`re a Hearts supporter and if you wanna join the trip, this is the right opportunity. Give us a message. HHGH and Glück Auf!

Frankfurt.jpg

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 22:20, LesJambes said:

Hopefully neither.  Can't be bothered when politics gets into football.  Leave that sort of thing to the erse cheeks.

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 09:35, Iron Blue 1983 said:

Hi,

Glück Auf and HHGH!

Hi Michael & welcome.  I used to visit Lippstadt (Rothe Erde) on business a few years ago.  Most of the people I was meeting were Dortmund fans, so I had much pleasure in telling them I followed Schalke (since 2004).

I follow German football on TV and always record & watch the Schalke games.  Looking to get over for a live game next season.

Glück Auf and HHGH.

Midloth_Iain
39 minutes ago, Iron Blue 1983 said:

As I´m actually not allowed to start a new topic I hope this post is seen by many Jambos:
We have 2 tickets available for the last match of the season against one of the toughest competitors in Champions League qualification. If you`re a Hearts supporter and if you wanna join the trip, this is the right opportunity. Give us a message. HHGH and Glück Auf!

Frankfurt.jpg

Scheduled for 12th May I believe. Likely to be moved for TV reasons ? 

Iron Blue 1983
3 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

Scheduled for 12th May I believe. Likely to be moved for TV reasons ? 

No, def not. Last two rounds are always on Saturday 15:30 o`clock like it was usual in the good old days.

Midloth_Iain
2 minutes ago, Iron Blue 1983 said:

No, def not. Last two rounds are always on Saturday 15:30 o`clock like it was usual in the good old days.

Ok, thanks ........

4 hours ago, Yoda said:

Hopefully neither.  Can't be bothered when politics gets into football.  Leave that sort of thing to the erse cheeks.

Same. I'm far left but politics and religion should be kept out of sport. That's why I was tentatively enquiring if we were forming some sort of Rangers and Hamburg thing. Glad to hear it's not the case! :) #NoPolitico 

3 hours ago, LesJambes said:

Same. I'm far left but politics and religion should be kept out of sport. That's why I was tentatively enquiring if we were forming some sort of Rangers and Hamburg thing. Glad to hear it's not the case! :) #NoPolitico 

:2thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Locky said:

The latest visit to Schalke. Over a dozen Germans today clad in maroon. :)

99A38F44-89FF-45E6-96BF-899EF4A7770D.jpeg

Quality stuff Locky, we hope to get to a game or 2 next season.

Phil Dunphy
On 10/08/2017 at 15:23, steven_mck said:

FC St Pauli too. Lots of potential and support base.

Celtic *******s.

32 minutes ago, Fandango said:

Quality stuff Locky, we hope to get to a game or 2 next season.

If you ever need help with tickets etc. Let me know! Hoping for Schalke and Celtic to meet in the UCL next season ?

Anybody who has a chance to see Bundesliga action this weekend, our Schalke/Hearts banner is positioned at the front of the stand at the halfway line, clearly visible from TV.

also, I’m going on to the pitch at half time to speak in front of 62,000 supporters about the connection. And yes, I’m wearing my Hearts top. ;)

jamtartan74
6 minutes ago, Locky said:

Anybody who has a chance to see Bundesliga action this weekend, our Schalke/Hearts banner is positioned at the front of the stand at the halfway line, clearly visible from TV.

also, I’m going on to the pitch at half time to speak in front of 62,000 supporters about the connection. And yes, I’m wearing my Hearts top. ;)

Nice one buddy good luck ??

Been following Schalke games quite a bit this season on BT, only just noticed this thread! 

Knew there had to be a reason I liked them :laugh:

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, Locky said:

Braver man than me

:notworthy:

5 hours ago, Locky said:

Saw the video locky. Brilliant pal. Your germans better than your english btw. So gutted i couldnt make it this year.