Schalke and Heart of Midlothian

Locky

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made an effort to speak with my group this weekend. I welcomed 5 Germans who came to see the famous and score and atmosphere aside they had a great weekend.

Security in the stadium were excellent allowing our banner, and the fans who took a real interest in it deserve credit too. The good people in Benson's were fantastic also. You've made 5 German's very happy, Jambo's.

I also took the Germans to the club shop after the match and between them, they purchased over ?200 in merchandise. A great weekend had by all.

P.S. The beginning of our Schalke/Hearts fan club this weekend too. Feel free to join us.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Locky

• Son Of Anarchy

• The Real Maroonblood

• Stupid Sexy Flanders

Seen the flag around section L. Glad they had a good time

Yeah we tried to hang it up the back of the Roseburn but it fell quite quickly. :lol:

Sat draped over us in K the rest of the game.

It's been gifted to me from my German mates so it will be making more appearances home and away in time.

Edited by Locky

jamtartan74

Good to see a positive thread locky, well done and hope it was enjoyable for the deutschlanders [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Slim Stylee

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made an effort to speak with my group this weekend. I welcomed 5 Germans who came to see the famous and score and atmosphere aside they had a great weekend.

Security in the stadium were excellent allowing our banner, and the fans who took a real interest in it deserve credit too. The good people in Benson's were fantastic also. You've made 5 German's very happy, Jambo's.

I also took the Germans to the club shop after the match and between them, they purchased over ?200 in merchandise. A great weekend had by all.

P.S. The beginning of our Schalke/Hearts fan club this weekend too. Feel free to join us.

Top man.

P.S. The beginning of our Schalke/Hearts fan club this weekend too. Feel free to join us

Glad they had a good time, it's good to get a positive thread for a change.

My girlfriend's brother-in-law is moving to Edinburgh next month and he owns a part of Schalke (with their 51% fan ownage rule) - I'm sure he would like to join!

Told him there's no chance I'll let him start following Hibs.

Bazzas right boot

I like them and Dortund, I know.

Cracking stadium, love to go there and Dortmund.

Gutted I missed the weekend. Going by some of the photos and videos on whatsapp and messenger it looks like a good time was had by all.

I'm really looking forward to the return fixture in two weeks now

My girlfriend's brother-in-law is moving to Edinburgh next month and he owns a part of Schalke (with their 51% fan ownage rule) - I'm sure he would like to join!

Told him there's no chance I'll let him start following Hibs.

Drop me a PM mate, and I can contact him through Facebook or something.

Bet they were shocked by the lack of noise.

They were pretty sad that there was no noise at all from us. I explained I'm used to it unfortunately.

They thought the game was fantastic thigh. End to end and intense.

Harry Potter

Was that them we played in europe, one o them picked ma bairn up , was rather drunk lol.

ok guys, mind u i love everyone.

Any pictures of the banner? Schalke are my German team too.

Plenty on Facebook mate, I'll try upload it here.

I was wondering why there was a schalke Hearts banner in the rose burn

Actually thought it was ordered down as it disappeared but glad to hear it was only because it fell down.

Always had a soft spot for Schalke since we played them. Their stadium is brilliant and is high on my bucket list to go to.

A lot of their matches are on bt sport so that helps to keep track of them but was gutted that Ajax beat them last week as fancied the Europa league to be Schalke v Man U

Hope this new alliance works and builds

image.jpg

Love this thread, love this banner and settled my German team dilemma!

Moan the Schalke! :)

Hope they come back so they can experience the club in better health on the park.

Love this thread, love this banner and settled my German team dilemma!

Moan the Schalke! :)

Hope they come back so they can experience the club in better health on the park.

They'll defo be back next season. Hopefully I can bring them over for a derby!

The Germans made us T-Shirts when we went over last year with a similar design to this banner. There was 20 of us in the Veltins Arena sporting t-shirts with Hearts badges on.

You'd be surprised how many Schalke fans remember us. Those who came to Murrayfield have been left more than impressed by the reception they were given.

ToadKiller Dog

I've got good friends who are Schalke fans and have took a interest in Hearts since the save our hearts times , one friend got a ST for us while she was doing a year teacher training in glasgow .

Been over a few times did the Rhur derby which 04 won ,best experience outside Hearts games football wise .

Good to see links with Schalke .

Their fans in the Murrayfield Hotel the night we played them were class.

Not to mention my " what's green and smells of fish ? - Werder Bremen " gag, resulted in a round of drinks being bought for us.

Really decent lads those Schalke fans

Well done Locky :clap:

What is it you do that involves taking folk to the football? Is it part of your job?

Anyway, five new Jambos is a good thing :thumb:

Well done Locky :clap:

What is it you do that involves taking folk to the football? Is it part of your job?

Anyway, five new Jambos is a good thing :thumb:

Purely for the love of football mate! I've spoke to the guy who runs the Iron Blue Schalke supporters club in Heidelberg for a few years. I was curious as to why he liked Hearts.

From there we've managed to build bridges and the rest is now history. We all believe that there are many similarities between Schalke and Hearts, and the tradition and values of the clubs, so we've tried to form bonds between supporters of the clubs.

Purely for the love of football mate! I've spoke to the guy who runs the Iron Blue Schalke supporters club in Heidelberg for a few years. I was curious as to why he liked Hearts.

From there we've managed to build bridges and the rest is now history. We all believe that there are many similarities between Schalke and Hearts, and the tradition and values of the clubs, so we've tried to form bonds between supporters of the clubs.

Good stuff.

Auld Reekin'

Good stuff, and sounds like a good time was had. For myself, I'm curious as to why a bunch of lads from Heidelberg are Schalke fans, given that Gelsenkirchen is over 300km away...?!?!?!?   :o  Sound like glory-hunters to me!    :rolleyes:  ;)  :whistling:

There are quite a few VfB fans I know who have adopted Hearts as their Scottish team and who look out for our results every week too.

BangkokHearts

The sailors in Das Boot are Schalke fans.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Good stuff, and sounds like a good time was had. For myself, I'm curious as to why a bunch of lads from Heidelberg are Schalke fans, given that Gelsenkirchen is over 300km away...?!?!?!? :o Sound like glory-hunters to me! :rolleyes:;):whistling:

There are quite a few VfB fans I know who have adopted Hearts as their Scottish team and who look out for our results every week too.

A few of the original members are originally from the Ruhr area but moved down to Baden-Wurrtemburg. The club Iron Blue was formed in 1983 just after Schalke were relegated so quite the opposite of glory hunters. :lol:

Tbh, Schalke haven't had much glory for some time now anyway. :lol:

I also "adopted" Schalke as my German team after we played them in the UEFA cup.  Thought their fans were excellent that night. I try and watch all of their games when they are on BT Sport.

A few years back I travelled to the Ruhr area of Germany (Lippstadt) a number of times on business, but never got the chance to go to any games Schalke or Dortmund.

Also on my wish list to get to at least one of their games.

Good stuff Locky.

Like a few others here I look out for how Schalke are doing after how amazing there fans were at Murrayfield all those years ago.

Hoping to get a trip over to Gelsenkrichen for a game next season. Good to know there is some Jambo support among them.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Still think the commentator is harsh as that was a belter of a goal

I actually have that match on DVD

Bought it from a website a few years back.

Think the only matches I don't have from that UEFA cup campaign are the Braga 3-1 home leg (though have a highlights clip) and the ferencvaros last game (which is annoying as it was on Hungarian tele and there is a highlights package)

I could see if I could make copies of the schalke game if anyone wants?

In the meantime

That's my YouTube channel

There's various UEFA cup / Hearts videos on there please enjoy

Note) More! Needs updated

Edited by BM1874

Craig Herbertson

I've got a couple mates who are Schalke and Hearts fans. It's been on before but I think they really connect with Hearts because of this, which even as a neutral, is hard to watch:

It was the old days before any decent media and, having thought they had won the league, my mate drove back with his dad to see his BVB Dortmund neighbour dancing in the street waving a Bayern Munich scarf. Needless to say he's being carefully plotting his murder since.

Great picture...so on the germans side for once.....

Also had a soft spot for Schalke since the Uefa cup tie too,thought their fans were brilliant that night,would've been great to have gotten an away tie v them.

Remember Ralf Rangnick, Schalke coach at the time being quoted as saying that he was glad the game was not at Tynecastle, the same Rangnick having been in charge of Stuggart in our 3-2 win v them at Tynie.

On another note...a club to look to on FOH related matters goin forward. A club that really listens to their fans.

Unknown user

Still think the commentator is harsh as that was a belter of a goal

I actually have that match on DVD

Bought it from a website a few years back.

Think the only matches I don't have from that UEFA cup campaign are the Braga 3-1 home leg (though have a highlights clip) and the ferencvaros last game (which is annoying as it was on Hungarian tele and there is a highlights package)

I could see if I could make copies of the schalke game if anyone wants?

In the meantime

That's my YouTube channel

There's various UEFA cup / Hearts videos on there please enjoy

Note) More! Needs updated

That was when Csaba was manager of Ferencvaros and wee angry Robbo kicked him wasn't it?

Seymour M Hersh

Vlad would have appreciated that!   :glorious:

stuarty1874

Been to Schalke 04 about half a dozen times now. Superb ground and support. Ended up signing the Hearts song in one of their fan bars last trip, and quite a few Schalke fans just joined in!

Standing in the Nord Curve is mental busy though, don't expect to freely grab and drink a pint, with easy toilet access.

Tickets also rare for the standing section, but you can get seats usually with a bit of forward planning.

Away games are special as they take thousands everywhere, often easier to gets a ticket from the opposition and sit close to the away section, which is usually full of Schalke fans anyway.

Wir Leben Dich!