Ladbrokes Show with Walker and Djoum

kila

Interesting hearing their thoughts. One question was about Cathro and the hostile media:

Walker: "Before he even managed a game he was getting stick from all angles. It's not right is it, but its up to Ian and the team to get the results right on the pitch and prove these people wrong and he's the right man to do it."

Djoum: "Hearts are a big club and there's always pressure. People just need to be patient, it's just taking time, but in the future it will be better."

(Both said other things about Cathro etc too but can't be arsed typing it all up)

Djoum says he really loves playing at Tynecastle because the fans are so close. He was talking about how far away fans are in stadiums back home etc, the atmosphere being different.

Captain America

Good wee watch. I like some of the Ladbrokes stuff, the challenges between Ozturk & McCoist earlier in season was quite funny. 

Djoum says he really loves playing at Tynecastle because the fans are so close. He was talking about how far away fans are in stadiums back home etc, the atmosphere being different.

One of the (many) disappointments this season has been Djoum's form since returning from the AFCON. He's been garbage when the hope was he'd be one of the better players in the entire league over the last 3 months. Very little contribution at all when we should have been looking at him being a leader and a key player. So his comments re his "love of playing at Tynecastle" ring pretty damn hollow given his woeful effort levels and continual sub standard performances.

One of the (many) disappointments this season has been Djoum's form since returning from the AFCON. He's been garbage when the hope was he'd be one of the better players in the entire league over the last 3 months. Very little contribution at all when we should have been looking at him being a leader and a key player. So his comments re his "love of playing at Tynecastle" ring pretty damn hollow given his woeful effort levels and continual sub standard performances.

The whole team has been garbage since January. Personally, I don't think one of our best players is the root of the problem.

The whole team has been garbage since January. Personally, I don't think one of our best players is the root of the problem.

Did I say he was "the route of the problem"?  Nah, didn't think so. I said he had been one of the many disappointments. Given he is "one of our best players" and is clearly a talented individual when he can be arsed he should frankly be ashamed of his performances and the effort he has put into them. His embarrassing display against Hibs at Easter Road sums up his contribution since returning from the AFCON. Some of our players have the excuse that they are just crap in general, not him, he's just lazy. He's been getting regularly outplayed and out fought by lesser players but its ok cos "he loves playing at Tynecastle"! 

Did I say he was "the route of the problem"? Nah, didn't think so. I said he had been one of the many disappointments. Given he is "one of our best players" and is clearly a talented individual when he can be arsed he should frankly be ashamed of his performances and the effort he has put into them. His embarrassing display against Hibs at Easter Road sums up his contribution since returning from the AFCON. Some of our players have the excuse that they are just crap in general, not him, he's just lazy. He's been getting regularly outplayed and out fought by lesser players but its ok cos "he loves playing at Tynecastle"!

I didn't say you said that.

I don't agree that he is lazy. As for him being "regularly outplayed and out fought by lesser players", I'd argue the root of that issue is playing in a shit team with some truly half-hearted team-mates, managed by a clueless head coach.

I didn't say you said that.

I don't agree that he is lazy. As for him being "regularly outplayed and out fought by lesser players", I'd argue the root of that issue is playing in a shit team with some truly half-hearted team-mates, managed by a clueless head coach.

Not going to argue with your assessment of either the majority of his team mates nor the head coach but I think you are being extremely kind to Djoum. Maybe I expected more of him and accept that might be the case but for me he's been dismal for months and has in no way contributed to making us a better side. Regardless of the ineptitude of what is going on around about him he has failed to rise above it and show that at least he's a good player. I doubt hell be around much longer so its probably a moot point.

Seymour M Hersh

Djoum was poor before Cathro showed up.

I must agree Djoum has been very disappointing for quite a while now.

When he first played for us, I thought we had someone special here. But he's not managed to discover his early form with us.

Don't know his contract situation, but I won't be too disappointed if he leaves at the end of the season.

Djoum has played all his best football with us in the number ten role, behind a striker. However, he gets moved around the team all the time - sometimes out wide, sometimes in more of a holding role. At the start of the season, he was played deep to accommodate Watt playing as number 10, and didn't play well. I'd love to have seen Watt get a shot as the main striker, with Djoum behind him.

Hungry hippo

Djoum has played all his best football with us in the number ten role, behind a striker. However, he gets moved around the team all the time - sometimes out wide, sometimes in more of a holding role. At the start of the season, he was played deep to accommodate Watt playing as number 10, and didn't play well. I'd love to have seen Watt get a shot as the main striker, with Djoum behind him.

Totally agree about Djoum being better further forward. I'd player as far firward as he wants tomorrow almost alongside Isma.

Archived