Prince

Morgan

A year ago to the day that he died.

Always liked his stuff but not a massive fan. However, heard the extended play full version of Purple rain this morning and thought it was fantastic.

Just saying.

Салатные палочки

Raspberry Beret on Absolute Radio right now.  

Spoooooooooky 

Spoooooooooky

How very ghostly!

:lol:

A year ago to the day that he died.

Always liked his stuff but not a massive fan. However, heard the extended play full version of Purple rain this morning and thought it was fantastic.

Just saying.

Thought he was knobbing Kylie?

luckyBatistuta

Spoooooooooky

Don't know what station is on in the garage I'm in, but that same song is playing right now. One of the greatest artists and live performers ever.

The best Super Bowl performance ever too

I P Knightley

Thought he was knobbing Kylie?

He was a legendary swordsman; loved a wee bit of clam. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he had given Kylie her current hankering for Prince. 

crown-prince-natural-natural-smoked-baby

Craig Gordons Gloves

I remember going down to First Avenue in the evening last year on the day he died.  It was quite an experience.  Minnesotans aren't known for being overt in their displays of affection or emotion - but the blocks around being closed down due to the sheer amount of people, the sing alongs, the general atmosphere was something to behold. I went to Paisley Park a few days later and it was both eerie and cool.  

J.T.F.Robertson

He was weird but he was great.

Magnifico!

Guest jonesy

Before he died I never really gave a thought to his music other than remembering my grandfather shouting "no' that wee poof again" at the TV when his video for Kiss came on Top of the Pops when I was a kid.

Started to listen to his music since then, really good. Love Raspberry Beret, Cream, and Purple Rain is a classic. My second son was just starting to speak when Prince died, so I put Purple Rain on. For the last year he's been shouting 'Purple Rain' randomly.

Prince was a champion shagger.

To name a few:

Kim Basinger

Madonna

Vanity

Carmen Electra

Susanna Hoffs

Sherilyn Fenn

giphy.gif

Prince was so ****ing good, he didn't even rehearse that solo!

I don't use the word genius lightly, but he was a musical genius. There was no instrument he couldn't play, no note he couldn't hit vocally, could knock out great songs in an hour or two (and often gave them to other people), could play gigs for hours on end. A truly incredible talent who I didn't fully appreciate when he was in his pomp. And of course, he banged hundreds of beautiful women too!

Didn't actually know about his 'activities'.

Just thought he was a brilliant singer.

What do I know? :qqb010:

Unknown user

I remember Madonna saying she was disappointed, went round to his and he was just a wee guy who wasn't up for the shagging (paraphrasing of course).

I saw him live by the way

:verysmug:

I P Knightley

Prince was so ******* good, he didn't even rehearse that solo!

I don't use the word genius lightly, but he was a musical genius. There was no instrument he couldn't play, no note he couldn't hit vocally, could knock out great songs in an hour or two (and often gave them to other people), could play gigs for hours on end. A truly incredible talent who I didn't fully appreciate when he was in his pomp. And of course, he banged hundreds of beautiful women too!

I love that clip.

The story was that Prince had been overlooked for inclusion in some (possibly Rolling Stone) list of 100 greatest guitarists. He was asked to contribute to this Harrison benefit gig and just decided to show them what they'd missed out on. Winwood plays a note perfect rendition of the original but Prince comes in and plays what he damn well pleases and then just chucks his guitar away as if it's, "Ach, whatever!"

I heard it that he'd been at a run through rehearsal where he behaved himself and that Petty and Winwood were a little less than happy about him stealing the show.

Some shagger; some guy.

My Mrs was a huge fan so saw him a few times. What a guitar player. He often released stuff he shouldn't have but you'd forgive him cos when he was on it he was bang on it. Sign O The Times is just genius

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckyBatistuta

Love just sitting watching his live stuff. Start off going to watch a performance he'd done and before I know it, I've watched god knows how many videos and time has just flown by. He was definitely the best that I've ever seen performing live, miss the guy.

Unknown user

Love just sitting watching his live stuff. Start off going to watch a performance he'd done and before I know it, I've watched god knows how many videos and time has just flown by. He was definitely the best that I've ever seen performing live, miss the guy.

I'm the same, I could watch for hours, when somebody's that good you can't help but get pulled into it.

I've seen Chuck Berry and Tenacious D though, so Prince is probably the best I've seen live, but it's close.

I love that clip.

The story was that Prince had been overlooked for inclusion in some (possibly Rolling Stone) list of 100 greatest guitarists. He was asked to contribute to this Harrison benefit gig and just decided to show them what they'd missed out on. Winwood plays a note perfect rendition of the original but Prince comes in and plays what he damn well pleases and then just chucks his guitar away as if it's, "Ach, whatever!"

I heard it that he'd been at a run through rehearsal where he behaved himself and that Petty and Winwood were a little less than happy about him stealing the show.

Some shagger; some guy.

Yeah, I'd heard that story and it was Rolling Stone. Theres probably some conflicting stories though as another I heard was that he said he'd never heard the song before! Doesn't sound the most plausible given his musical knowledge but it's a good story to add to the legend.

Blackford Hearts

"Rock Hard in a Funky Place" Prince says "I just hate to see an erection go to waste"

Unknown user

Yeah, I'd heard that story and it was Rolling Stone. Theres probably some conflicting stories though as another I heard was that he said he'd never heard the song before! Doesn't sound the most plausible given his musical knowledge but it's a good story to add to the legend.

:laugh: we can probably ignore the story where he's never heard one of the Beatles' best songs

Archived