General Election

Don Dan

Aw, Dugdale and JC at odds are they?

Total turmoil in SLAB...again?

Not very Sure and Stable.

I doubt those two would want to be sure and stable. Crack on tho...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Space Mackerel

And again no answer.

SNP could help give keys of no 10 to JC.

What's your thoughts on that?

SNP could help give keys of no 10 to JC.

What's your thoughts on that?

Would be very happy to see that.

Maybe time for a tactical vote?

Indeed. Residing in Edinburgh South, Ian Murray will get my vote to help ensure a Labour MP is elected to return a Labour government.

Vote Labour to get Labour.

Although, I'd hope you can add. 257 + 50 is 307. Tories on your poll hold 310. So the LibDems would also need to provide their support.

To me it'd make more sense to equally return more Liberals and Labour MPs from Scotland as well.

Maybe Craig Murray wasn't wrong too?

No. Ha was. Want Labour? Vote Labour.

Space Mackerel

Indeed. Residing in Edinburgh South, Ian Murray will get my vote to help ensure a Labour MP is elected to return a Labour government.

Vote Labour to get Labour.

Although, I'd hope you can add. 257 + 50 is 307. Tories on your poll hold 310. So the LibDems would also need to provide their support.

To me it'd make more sense to equally return more Liberals and Labour MPs from Scotland as well.

That'll be the Ian Murray who said this though?

Sum laddie likes.

1d504e3a6cc9dec386e762e9672b8846.png

That'll be the Ian Murray who said this though?

Sum laddie likes.

1d504e3a6cc9dec386e762e9672b8846.png

He's standing on Corbyn's manifesto. So he'll get my vote. You only get Labour by voting Labour.

Corbyn's proving many - me included wrong - on his campaigning abilities. Time will tell how the final week plays out though.

Space Mackerel

He's standing on Corbyn's manifesto. So he'll get my vote. You only get Labour by voting Labour.

Corbyn's proving many - me included wrong - on his campaigning abilities. Time will tell how the final week plays out though.

He's standing because TM caused a snap general election and wants to keep his ?75,000 a year job.

Don't be fooled. He's nothing to do with Momentum.

He's standing because TM caused a snap general election and wants to keep his ?75,000 a year job.

Don't be fooled. He's nothing to do with Momentum.

No... none of the MPs, including Corbyn are. Because Momentum are an unaffiliated group to the party.

He's standing because he wants to be an MP. Is Jim Eadie standing to get back on the gravy train after last year's defeat?

Or are his motives pure because he's a gid honest SNP lad?

Space Mackerel

No... none of the MPs, including Corbyn are. Because Momentum are an unaffiliated group to the party.

He's standing because he wants to be an MP. Is Jim Eadie standing to get back on the gravy train after last year's defeat?

Or are his motives pure because he's a gid honest SNP lad?

You're telling whoppers. Major yins.

Murray isn't and has never been a Corbyn supporter.

He's in it for himself.

You're telling whoppers. Major yins.

Murray isn't and has never been a Corbyn supporter.

He's in it for himself.

Not disputing he's not a Corbyn backer. But that doesn't mean he's there for the money. Since moving to the seat a few years back I've found him to be a good local MP. As was the SNP's Eadie for Holyrood as an MSP.

Space Mackerel

Not disputing he's not a Corbyn backer. But that doesn't mean he's there for the money. Since moving to the seat a few years back I've found him to be a good local MP. As was the SNP's Eadie for Holyrood as an MSP.

Basically, he's sussed he might be joking the JSA queue and be subjected to mean tested benefits because of this snap election.

How you can defend him after what he has said beggars belief.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rudolf's Mate

Just seen this. Harrowing the lives that are wrecked caused by Tory austerity. Loads of cash for WMD's & foreign wars though.

Really. Who would vote Tory knowing that folk like that woman are being side-lined in the name of austerity.

Treated 'worse than farm animals' by pigs.

The Tories haven't caused a lack of accessible housing and the issue is more localised to the person in the video. It's also his CCG which has caused his issue with his incontinence pads as they made a decision not to be held to ransom by suppliers for adults.

He's also entitled to a DFG grant of 30k to carry out any adaptions in order to make his dwellings more accessible. The Guardian recently made a ****ing bizarre claim about the DFG saying 8k was having to be funded personally by individuals however were corrected on this after it was proved to be a lie.

They've got hold of this persons horrendous situation and tried to sensationalise it by making out its directly to do with the Tories austerity measures because it suits their own agenda.

Pans Jambo

The Tories haven't caused a lack of accessible housing and the issue is more localised to the person in the video. It's also his CCG which has caused his issue with his incontinence pads as they made a decision not to be held to ransom by suppliers for adults.

He's also entitled to a DFG grant of 30k to carry out any adaptions in order to make his dwellings more accessible. The Guardian recently made a ******* bizarre claim about the DFG saying 8k was having to be funded personally by individuals however were corrected on this after it was proved to be a lie.

They've got hold of this persons horrendous situation and tried to sensationalise it by making out its directly to do with the Tories austerity measures because it suits their own agenda.

Oh well that explains it then.

Tories are not at fault for any housing crisis in the UK at all. Nothing to do with them.

The elderly, sick, disabled, unemployed etc just need to claim the money thats swishishing about all over the place to help sort themselves out.

And I suppose nobody has commited suicide because of the way they are treated by the DWP. Foodbanks only exist because of peoples cashflow situations.

You a holocaust denyier too?

Basically, he's sussed he might be joking the JSA queue and be subjected to mean tested benefits because of this snap election.

How you can defend him after what he has said beggars belief.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I don't think Murray has done much wrong to be honest. He's a good constituency MP at the end of the day. Happy with him to represent me.

Anyway, any thoughts on the Fact Check of the SNP manifesto?

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/the-snp-manifesto

Rudolf's Mate

Oh well that explains it then.

Tories are not at fault for any housing crisis in the UK at all. Nothing to do with them.

The elderly, sick, disabled, unemployed etc just need to claim the money thats swishishing about all over the place to help sort themselves out.

And I suppose nobody has commited suicide because of the way they are treated by the DWP. Foodbanks only exist because of peoples cashflow situations.

You a holocaust denyier too?

:facepalm:

I'm not the one that has my head buried that much it's bent round right up my own arse [emoji23]

I'm willing to sit down and listen to the parties over the coming days. I've also gone from 100% voting for one party to now not liking what I'm hearing and possibly switching.

My Mrs works with CCG's and is on a steering group for some of the issues the person raised in that video and is well placed to give an informed view.

But aye Hitler was totally misunderstood :cornette:

AlimOzturk

He's also entitled to a DFG grant of 30k to carry out any adaptions in order to make his dwellings more accessible. The Guardian recently made a ******* bizarre claim about the DFG saying 8k was having to be funded personally by individuals however were corrected on this after it was proved to be a lie.

The Tories sold all the council houses for peanuts when Thatcher was in charge.

Rudolf's Mate

It's hard to argue against that point [emoji853]

Local councils have/had the ability to make sure there was more accessible housing however they largely aren't interested and are happy to point the finger at the government. I agree it's a chicken and egg situation and that more money would improve things however everyone is failing disabled people.

Space Mackerel

I don't think Murray has done much wrong to be honest. He's a good constituency MP at the end of the day. Happy with him to represent me.

Anyway, any thoughts on the Fact Check of the SNP manifesto?

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/the-snp-manifesto

Hasn't done much wrong? You can say that with a straight face? He literally stabbed his leader in the back and walked away. A man of trust....nah.

Read the link, seems like everyone is confused about what's Devolved and what's not now, who's fault is that?

Space Mackerel

046e9e38a3b1de877422f775d9821182.png

"Turbo charged austerity"

There's that quip again :lol:

They're like robots.

Space Mackerel

And now a lot of housing stock that people really need are in the hands of wealthy individuals and couples.

Pans Jambo

:facepalm:

I'm not the one that has my head buried that much it's bent round right up my own arse [emoji23]

I'm willing to sit down and listen to the parties over the coming days. I've also gone from 100% voting for one party to now not liking what I'm hearing and possibly switching.

My Mrs works with CCG's and is on a steering group for some of the issues the person raised in that video and is well placed to give an informed view.

But aye Hitler was totally misunderstood :cornette:

The Tories austerity & continual attacks on the most vulnerable are killing folk. Theres no need. If they get back in they will see that as a mandate to continue/escalate this evil programme. You can see that the next on the hitlist are the pensioners.

Pans Jambo

046e9e38a3b1de877422f775d9821182.png

Is 'turbo charged austerity' not happening now???

Do we really believe it when he says this is the reason that he's against another referendum? Not that hes a soft leader who was a CND supporter but has agreed to renew trident? So his party back the union and so he has to as well?

Rudolf's Mate

The Tories austerity & continual attacks on the most vulnerable are killing folk. Theres no need. If they get back in they will see that as a mandate to continue/escalate this evil programme. You can see that the next on the hitlist are the pensioners.

As has already been pointed out. It's increasingly looking like the Tories are about to Hibs it!

A few posters back have welcomed Labour getting in as they believe it'll be better for the SNP. I'm yet to understand how that's the case.

Maroon Sailor

As has already been pointed out. It's increasingly looking like the Tories are about to Hibs it!

A few posters back have welcomed Labour getting in as they believe it'll be better for the SNP. I'm yet to understand how that's the case.

Some polls are forecasting a hung parliament

So much for bleating Sturgeon's forecast and Tory opportunists.

Pans Jambo

Not so sure if its better or not for the SNP but I think a Labour win (even if it means a coalition with the SNP &/or Lib-Dems) would be better for the vulnerable members of our society. I would hope that it would halt some of the privatisation & lean a lit more to the centre/left than if May got back in.

We will see.

Space Mackerel

I doubt it. YouGov is primarily right wing, it's a wake up call to the massed ranks of blue rosette wearers after thinking about it.

I doubt it. YouGov is primarily right wing, it's a wake up call to the massed ranks of blue rosette wearers after thinking about it.

YouGov right wing? Come on the you tinfoil hat wearing fool, I'm looking forward to you're links supporting this :laugh4:

Hasn't done much wrong? You can say that with a straight face? He literally stabbed his leader in the back and walked away. A man of trust....nah.

Read the link, seems like everyone is confused about what's Devolved and what's not now, who's fault is that?

You sir are a clown. I know Ian personally and was chatting to him on Saturday while he was out campaigning. Now I may not agree with some of his political views but I can tell you he gave up a fairly decent career to get into politics and worked his bollox off to secure and keep his seat. I don't live in his constituency but my in laws do and all of them say he does a very good job.

On you're devolved powers quip perhaps the SNP should go find out if they're not sure it would help them do their job a bit better. Not that it matters to you they could run the country into the ground but hey Ho as long as we get independence everything will be rosey.

AlimOzturk

You sir are a clown. I know Ian personally and was chatting to him on Saturday while he was out campaigning. Now I may not agree with some of his political views but I can tell you he gave up a fairly decent career to get into politics and worked his bollox off to secure and keep his seat. I don't live in his constituency but my in laws do and all of them say he does a very good job.

On you're devolved powers quip perhaps the SNP should go find out if they're not sure it would help them do their job a bit better. Not that it matters to you they could run the country into the ground but hey Ho as long as we get independence everything will be rosey.

Get over the line, get independence then the SNP will fracture into other parties. Difference is we govern ourselves and aren't at the Mersey of Westminster ever again.

Successive governments have failed this Union for so many years and I can't see it changing. Scotland's only hope of a better future is independence.

I won't say it will be easy. In fact, my generation might suffer but if my kid is better of then so be it.

Space Mackerel

I'm sure his heid honcho thinks the world of him right enough. :lol:

Is 'turbo charged austerity' not happening now???

Do we really believe it when he says this is the reason that he's against another referendum? Not that hes a soft leader who was a CND supporter but has agreed to renew trident? So his party back the union and so he has to as well?

Nothing compared to when the ?12 billion or whatever State Aid we receive from the UK is turned off.

Space Mackerel

YouGov right wing? Come on the you tinfoil hat wearing fool, I'm looking forward to you're links supporting this :laugh4:

I've already posted a link and a screen shot of the major shareholders in it, why don't you have a wee Google yourself.

Space Mackerel

Nothing compared to when the ?12 billion or whatever State Aid we receive from the UK is turned off.

Bless, pablo thinks the economics will be exactly the same under an independent Scotland as they are under a U.K. one.

Pans Jambo

Currently, Scotlands powers are at around 30%.

After Indy it will be 100%.

Not even close to being the same financial situation.

Changes everything.

The world borrows but after Indy we cant?

Beats me how most first world countries dont fall into the sea in an explosion of doom and debt without dear old England!

Get over the line, get independence then the SNP will fracture into other parties. Difference is we govern ourselves and aren't at the Mersey of Westminster ever again.

Successive governments have failed this Union for so many years and I can't see it changing. Scotland's only hope of a better future is independence.

I won't say it will be easy. In fact, my generation might suffer but if my kid is better of then so be it.

That's your opinion and I'll respect that. I'm not sure I'll ever agree.

On your last part I've no idea how old your kid is but if you suffer from independence won't your kid feel the impact of that growing up? And how long will it take for their generation to create a prosperous Scotland. Surely we have to go into independence with a strong economic plan that would minimise the impact. As it stands I don't see the SNP delivering that.

Let's face it - they're all bloody awful in their own ways.

May - If she's that strong and stable, why won't she face a debate?

Corbin - too much dodgy previous with cosying up to terrorise organisations and economically illiterate. And Diane Abbott - give me strength!

Sturgeon - fine ideas but how on Earth are you going to pay for all of that? And please, please stop saying 'free'. NOTHING is free. It's always paid for by someone, somewhere, just not the recipient of the service. And please big up your own policies and stop just bashing 'Tory Austerity'. No one likes or wants austerity but when you are raising less tax than you are spending there's no choice unless you want to go bankrupt.

Farron - Who? Absolutely anonymous and a sanctimonious god botherer.

I'll be so glad when this election is over. We sorely need some better and more credible politicians. It would be nice if a lot more of them actually had some sort of previous career before they entered Politics.

Rant over.

Repeating the same mistake Tories and right wing are making over Corbyn.

If you questioned the effect of his tax changes or the lack of detail in how nationalisation would work then fair enough

But Tory government in 1971

was talking to the IRA while they were killing British soldiers. You asking May about that.

That's your opinion and I'll respect that. I'm not sure I'll ever agree.

On your last part I've no idea how old your kid is but if you suffer from independence won't your kid feel the impact of that growing up? And how long will it take for their generation to create a prosperous Scotland. Surely we have to go into independence with a strong economic plan that would minimise the impact. As it stands I don't see the SNP delivering that.

Pretty much where I'm at - Ideally I'd like to see the SNP use an increasing amount of the powers they currently have available to show how things can be improved > If successful then use this to argue for further powers and finally independence. At least this way voters can make an informed choice rather than a leap of faith.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Repeating the same mistake Tories and right wing are making over Corbyn.

If you questioned the effect of his tax changes or the lack of detail in how nationalisation would work then fair enough

But Tory government in 1971

was talking to the IRA while they were killing British soldiers. You asking May about that.

May wasn't part of Ted Heath's government so that is terrible whataboutery.

SwindonJambo

And now a lot of housing stock that people really need are in the hands of wealthy individuals and couples.

On that issue at least, I am 100% in agreement with you. I think Maggie's right to buy for peanuts was a disaster. Many of these properties are now inhabited by people reliant on housing benefits to live there at inflated rental rates , which goes straight from the Taxpayer into the pockets of wealthy individuals. It grinds my gears.

Bowmans_Boot

Does that invalidate what she said?

I think it has already been established that she was somewhat liberal with the truth. She must wish she had shut up now.

and again when it suits, MSM is fine and dandy with spaced oot.

he doesn't half get roond the red tops for someone who doesn't read the MSM.

:laugh4: :laugh4:

The word "hypocrisy" means nothing to Spacey, I really don't know why people bother replying to him, deflection, double standards, insults and unanswered questions are all you get :facepalm:

Thunderstruck

I think it has already been established that she was somewhat liberal with the truth. She must wish she had shut up now.

In terms of the pay given to nurses?

Archived