Iain Cathro ongoing Poll and discussion Thread

cylawny

Cathro Poll  

1,521 members have voted

1. 1. Cathro stay or go

Was that when he said it would bring stability by smooth transition when the young head coach moved on? That's worked well!!!

But the head coach he appointed didn't come from within the system in place. No way ITK but a couple of guys I know who are say there are some very good coaches at most levels at the club just now. They are the head coaches of the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

So the boy didn't understand that you may have to defend cross balls and high balls in Scotland. :rofl: what an absolutely unbelievable interview that was from levein.. Out of his depth.. Both of them need to go.. An absolute cluster**** of an appointment and levein should carry the can for it

:spoton:

A great coach who doesn't understand other team's tactics! :vrface:

Toxteth O'Grady

:spoton:

A great coach who doesn't understand other team's tactics! :vrface:

And don't forget he has a sidekick who's job it is to analyse the other teams tactics

kingantti1874

And don't forget he has a sidekick who's job it is to analyse the other teams tactics

:rofl:

bauld willie

So the boy didn't understand that you may have to defend cross balls and high balls in Scotland. :rofl: what an absolutely unbelievable interview that was from levein.. Out of his depth.. Both of them need to go.. An absolute cluster**** of an appointment and levein should carry the can for it

You are bang on the money here. This is just despicable.

Essentially Cathro's intransigence and Levein's incompetence made us endure 5 wins in 26 games. What's going on here...

Total clearout of management requirement now.

Even at that does Hughes, Nowak etc...not know how to deal with high or long balls? I think Hughes has been in the game long enough!

And even if you knew you were playing a team that got wide constantly and liked to whip in crosses, is it not just a basic for full backs to close down quicker and central defenders to, well, defend the ball coming in anyway?

All basics for me but the point you could make is try signing players that can defend first and foremost ...full backs included!

Sign and play good defenders in defence instead of midfielders and you won't have to tell them how to do their jobs.

Gordon Ramsay

Ridiculous statement for him to make as I said on another thread.

"Tad disappointing" finishing 12 points behind St Johnstone is another cracker.

I was highly critical last season of Levein/Cathro but I was holding onto a miracle this pre season that everything would come good.

The Walker news and this whole Levein interview has left me quite stunned tbh.

Failing seems to be now be accepted at HMFC as does woeful transfer windows and hiring people who clearly dont know the first thing about Scottish football.

I think we could be in for a seriously tough season.

Ivan Drago

Ridiculous statement for him to make as I said on another thread.

"Tad disappointing" finishing 12 points behind St Johnstone is another cracker.

I was highly critical last season of Levein/Cathro but I was holding onto a miracle this pre season that everything would come good.

The Walker news and this whole Levein interview has left me quite stunned tbh.

Failing seems to be now be accepted at HMFC as does woeful transfer windows and hiring people who clearly dont know the first thing about Scottish football.

I think we could be in for a seriously tough season.

Hope Levein has Neil McCanns number for when we need someone to keep us up

the big show

Take care he does not tell him to GTF .

Has he got a great coaching/managerial record?

kingantti1874

Just picked up on leveins comments regarding the players loving Cathro? :rofl: who the 3 who plan to stay or the ****ing imposters who should never have been near a hearts team.. What the feck was he thinking with this interview..

Unknown user

Take care he does not tell him to GTF .

And the award for most tempting post of the year goes to...

the big show

And the award for most tempting post of the year goes to...

LIKE IT ..  good one eh  :2thumbsup:

Nookie Bear

Even at that does Hughes, Nowak etc...not know how to deal with high or long balls? I think Hughes has been in the game long enough!

And even if you knew you were playing a team that got wide constantly and liked to whip in crosses, is it not just a basic for full backs to close down quicker and central defenders to, well, defend the ball coming in anyway?

All basics for me but the point you could make is try signing players that can defend first and foremost ...full backs included!

Sign and play good defenders in defence instead of midfielders and you won't have to tell them how to do their jobs.

Did he forget to mention this at his coaching masterclass recently?

Strange, eh?

Nuno Espirito got the Wolves job...maybe he wants his favourite assistant back by his side?

Toxteth O'Grady

Nuno Espirito got the Wolves job...maybe he wants his favourite assistant back by his side?

we couldn't be that lucky

Maybe he would like a DOF as well.  :sunny:

Just picked up on leveins comments regarding the players loving Cathro? :rofl: who the 3 who plan to stay or the ******* imposters who should never have been near a hearts team.. What the feck was he thinking with this interview..

I did wonder about that. When you exclude players who want away, are out of favour, have been punted on loan, had public barneys with Cathro, been frozen out completely or have hardly started any matches, what are we left with? A joyously happy squad of 10?

John mcCartney

indeed,heard that on talkshit earlier today........cathro`s contract,whats the details on that and could he be prised away?

indeed,heard that on talkshit earlier today........cathro`s contract,whats the details on that and could he be prised away?

Prised away???? Levein would drive him down there as it's his free 'get out of jail' card!!

bauld willie

As ridiculous as this sounds, this is another fundamental flaw of the managerial apprentice scheme Levein is operating.

Assuming we evey get a decent one, our new manager will move on to bigger and better things at a time of his choosing, not ours. The DOF role is supposed to be a transition between managerial changes, yet it was an abject failure this time and will be exactly the same again .

Cathro just didn't get it on his arrival and he was so dogmatic over his own style of play, he refused to compromise. We subsequently went on our worst run ever. It is Levein who compromised the style of football of the club to suit Cathro in the end, so where is the continuity. Even if you promote a manager from within, it does not mean that person can't have their own ideas and philosophies and want to change things once in power.

Trainee managers is just a ridiculous concept and one designed to perpetuate the employment of our DOF.

Bazzas right boot

Once we have a Burley esque start alot of people will be looking pretty silly.... again ( some never learned from thier slavering about Robbie).

We_are_the_Hearts

Once we have a Burley esque start alot of people will be looking pretty silly.... again ( some never learned from thier slavering about Robbie).

Burleyesque start, 4 away games, you be attending them Tosh?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

You must be taking the piss. Surely.

Next season is a write-off. You can take that to the bank.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure why anything would change since our last game.  Maybe the fact we haven't lost in a while?  He has everything to prove, literally everything.  I will back him and want him to be a success but he really is up against it.  Hopefully the players will turn up for him, the badge and the fans this season as that was the biggest, sorriest group of wasters I have ever witnessed who disgraced our club last year.  Although it was Cathro's job to get the best out of them they really did him no favours at all.  I want nothing but misfortune and failure for mostly every single player who has since left the club (Struna, Sowah etc).,

Buffalo Bill

Another British player added with Scottish league experience. 

Management keeping to their word about improved signing policy or still too little to late for some?

Toxteth O'Grady

Management keeping to their word about improved signing policy or still too little to late for some?

Regardless of who he signs it will come down to results

WheatfieldWarrior

Could we not just let this thread die.....just ask a rangers fan- they'll show you how it works ;)

indianajones

Im still in the same boat as i was before. Massive risk in letting him build for next season.

The only saving grace is we know two of his signings arent bad which means a new manager could come in and pick up results fairly quickly. 

Thats the only way i can see this going for Cathro unfortunately. 

Im still in the same boat as i was before. Massive risk in letting him build for next season.

The only saving grace is we know two of his signings arent bad which means a new manager could come in and pick up results fairly quickly.

Thats the only way i can see this going for Cathro unfortunately.

pretty sure its Levein signing these players, especially given those that have come in, which is a sensible move if it goes tits up in august/september.

Cathro and McPhee will get it right, Last season was a case of panic buying gone wrong. The signings so far seem of a far better standard than we have had and a full preseason for them to put forward the ideas, plans and tactics they believe in and enough time to get the players to buy into it. 

Cathro and McPhee's Hearts team will play different to any Hearts team we have seen in a long time and i take my hat off to them, our DOF and Queen Ann for trying something different. Scottish fottball hasnt changed in years......the same roundabout of managers jumping from 1 club to another on the hope of a cup final and maybe 3rd place. Our club are building from the bottom and are trying a different approach that the dinosaurs of Scottish Football cannot accept and feel they have to ridicule our staff at any sign of failure.

Our club is in fantastic condition, the best its ever been with Hearts people in charge. We the fans have to do our bit and support what they are trying from start to finish. Turning on them if a few results at the start of the season go against us will only fuel the fire. Lets get behind them and do our bit. 

Bums on seats and voices at full volume from 1st kick to last!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
kingantti1874

So here we go.. New players.. Same outcome.. Same performance.. Slow, tedious, bullshit. Embarrassed by a team of guys who were at work earlier today a couple of whom had to drive from Dumfries to the game..

Gordon Ramsay

Same old shit from our dynamic duo management team.

Honestly just **** off.

How many more failures do we have to go through?

So here we go.. New players.. Same outcome.. Same performance.. Slow, tedious, bullshit. Embarrassed by a team of guys who were at work earlier today a couple of whom had to drive from Dumfries to the game..

:(

That's it for me I think. Gave him the chance to sign better players; which he's done and then that.

It's not the wrong players, it's the wrong manager and dof.

We've actually weakened our central midfield from last year. It's mind boggling that key area of the field hasn't been addressed.

Lucille's Thirsty

That's it for me I think. Gave him the chance to sign better players; which he's done and then that.

It's not the wrong players, it's the wrong manager and dof.

We've actually weakened our central midfield from last year. It's mind boggling that key area of the field hasn't been addressed.

Cathro doesn't know what he's doing,I get the impression that's he's winging it.

Really don't think collectively piling pressure on him going into the coming season is going to help.

I'd say its sink or swim for him in the first few games. 

Celtic

Killie

the rangers

Motherwell

Anything less than 6 points from those games will be difficult for him to get the fans back onside. 

Cathro doesn't know what he's doing,I get the impression that's he's winging it.

I think the whole club is of I'm honest.

Dead man walking. Should have been binned long before now but it won't happen until another season is completely in the shitter and the loyal support have been fleeced again. Great job Levein!

Jambof3tornado

Failure to qualify forbthe next stage of the cup will heap pressure on him.

He has lost so many of the fans already, and I like the guy!!!

Can't allow him to destroy another league season. Start drawing up a shortlist for replacements now and unless there's a spectacular turnaround at the weekend give him his jotters and replace ASAP.

Really don't think collectively piling pressure on him going into the coming season is going to help.

I'd say its sink or swim for him in the first few games. 

Celtic

Killie

the rangers

Motherwell

Anything less than 6 points from those games will be difficult for him to get the fans back onside. 

Where are the 6 points coming from?  We are struggling at places like Elgin and Peterhead ffs.

Nobody in the team is scoring goals other than Lafferty. We have a donkey in our sticks. No pace or quality in midfield. 2 of our 3 main guys at the back are not yet fit and able to play each game. Etc etc. If we manage 4 points it will be a minor miracle and that looks a long shot to me given how dreadful we have been on the road for months now. 

Failure to beat the Pars and it should be his last game.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

He's had two transfer windows, 1 full pre-season and 7 months in charge.

He's not learned a thing.

Punt the clown.

Failure to beat the Pars and it should be his last game.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

Agree. We should be topping this group without trying. I am just about prepared to accept one bad result on the way to doing that. Saturday's a must win for me. 

Archived