cylawny

Cathro Poll  

1,521 members have voted

1. 1. Cathro stay or go

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

Pretty sure there is at least one already floating about somewhere.

Started months ago, people dip in here and won't change their vote.. worth a new one I think..

Yeah. Fair to do a fresh one.

Utterly stupid to be wanting to change it now. But people here know better of course football experts they are.

Getting a bit like the Scottish referendum and Brexit situations - keep having polls until you get the result you want!

kingantti1874

Yeah. Fair to do a fresh one.

Utterly stupid to be wanting to change it now. But people here know better of course football experts they are.

Why is it stupid? Seasons a write off anyway - let new man come in and fathom out which players he can trust and which players he can't before the window opens.. is this more or less stupid than persisting with a mistake which will cost the club this season and next..

If we lose all of our top 6 fixtures which is entirely possible I think he will be gone.

Why is it stupid? Seasons a write off anyway - let new man come in and fathom out which players he can trust and which players he can't before the window opens.. is this more or less stupid than persisting with a mistake which will cost the club this season and next..

If we lose all of our top 6 fixtures which is entirely possible I think he will be gone.

And if we win them all?

ToadKiller Dog

I think he should go ,but he clearly isn't going anywhere soon ,as Budge has decided to give him longer .

I have accepted that decision and will continue to support as ever .

Have a feeling of we start badly the current apathy we have at home games will turn to anger quickly next season .

Amazing new stand to show off or not .

So it's a case of fingers crossed for next season rather than great expectations for me .

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

GTF out of my football club and go back to playing football manager in your bedsit you absolute imposter.

No, you need more than 3 months. (No matter how shite you are at your job.) :stuart:

kingantti1874

And if we win them all?

:rofl: cathro has the worst winning record of any full time hearts manager ever.. we are getting worse by the game.. i hope it does happen and I have to eat a big slice of humble pie.. but we both know it's not going to happen.

If the win ratio is poor after the first round of next season then it should be curtains for Cathro and Co

Geoff Kilpatrick

He can have the last 5 games. Then he should be seeking fresh challenges.

If the win ratio is poor after the first round of next season then it should be curtains for Cathro and Co

Is the sensible answer.

Did anyone actually expect a man who hasn't managed before to hit the ground running and not make mistakes? Best things come to those who wait but if we can't provide a bit patience we deserve nowt. Strap yourself in for some ups and downs, grow a set of nuts and stop shiting yourself after 5 mins

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Did anyone actually expect a man who hasn't managed before to hit the ground running and not make mistakes? Best things come to those who wait but if we can't provide a bit patience we deserve nowt. Strap yourself in for some ups and downs, grow a set of nuts and stop shiting yourself after 5 mins

:rofl:

I'd rather give Cathro time than get someone like Tommy Wright in, have a bland third placed finish and slightly improved records away from home.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'd rather give Cathro time than get someone like Tommy Wright in, have a bland third placed finish and slightly improved records away from home.

A Hibs fans couldn't have wrote that better if they tried.

My favourite rhetoric on here :lol: "seasons a right off anyway". Comedy gold.

Cruyff Turn

Can we not wait until the end of the season to see whether there will be any progress during the last 5 games?

If we get trounced in every game I think a lot more people will want rid, if we win a few of them and finish 4th then perhaps people will change their minds and give him more time.

We'll get better barometer of opinions come May because in the meantime he's not going anywhere.

I take it u were in favour of the appointment at the outset ? Did u think this guy was going to have all the experience to hit the ground running? What's changed exactly

the guys a f--- up doesn't know his arse from his elbow come to think of it neither does levein, get them both to f--- more time means more damage imo

:rofl: cathro has the worst winning record of any full time hearts manager ever.. we are getting worse by the game.. i hope it does happen and I have to eat a big slice of humble pie.. but we both know it's not going to happen.

Covering yourself by any chance?

Just answer the question even if probability suggests you will be right.

kingantti1874

My favourite rhetoric on here :lol: "seasons a right off anyway". Comedy gold.

Why? it was over when we let Aberdeen and a shite sevco managed to pull a massive gap on us and when We got utterly pumped by hibs..

I promise you we will never send an uncompetive team out.. oh really Ian?!?!?!?

kingantti1874

Covering yourself by any chance?

Just answer the question even if probability suggests you will be right.

What question? If he wins all 5 I'll be ****ing delighted like any real hearts fan, but he won't - because he's a managerial muppet who's talked nothing but shit from day 1.. every time he says something the exact opposite thing happens.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I take it u were in favour of the appointment at the outset ? Did u think this guy was going to have all the experience to hit the ground running? What's changed exactly

He can't motivate a team. He has the presence of a squirrel. He doesn't have any tactical awareness. He swings games in our opponents favour. The players don't respect him. He made a Gary Locke's Raith Rovers look good. Got rolled over by the worst hibs side we've faced in years. Wanted to sign Martin. Has his own 'ideas' and won't change even though they're not working.

Agreed - it may work, it might not but I'd rather try something different . Some folk are scared of their own shadow

He can't motivate a team. He has the presence of a squirrel. He doesn't have any tactical awareness. He swings games in our opponents favour. The players don't respect him. He made a Gary Locke's Raith Rovers look good. Got rolled over by the worst hibs side we've faced in years. Wanted to sign Martin. Has his own 'ideas' and won't change even though they're not working.

Try answering the question instead of telling me stuff I know already

I will help you. Did you think he was going to be the full package on day one or would be need time and development? The real question is whether you think someone should be learning the job as hearts head coach. I'm prepared to offer him time as the alternative is beige to say the least

kingantti1874

Can I answer it, what's changed is he has now had enough time to prove that he isn't the right man for the job. He has done NOTHING to suggest he can do this job.

No glimpses against rangers, Motherwell etc?

Btw an experienced manager would be given more than 5 months

kingantti1874

No glimpses against rangers, Motherwell etc?

Btw an experienced manager would be given more than 5 months

No - both teams sat off us. I'd expect to see some sort of improvement game by game, even if results weren't coming I could accept that.. we are getting steadily worse. Again He has the lowest win record of any full time manager in our history.. let that sink in, in this league, with the advantages we have over 75% of the teams in it.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I will help you. Did you think he was going to be the full package on day one or would be need time and development? The real question is whether you think someone should be learning the job as hearts head coach. I'm prepared to offer him time as the alternative is beige to say the least

So you know all of that yet think He should stay? There's a difference between hitting the ground running and a Boeing 747 nosediving into concrete.

I thought I answered your question? :unsure:

This count is quite telling, I think. 

Some regular posters on here need to take a good look at themselves

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

This count is quite telling, I think.

Some regular posters on here need to take a good look at themselves

Aye, let's happily sit back and watch another season get ruined.

Go now please before any more damage is done and it becomes irreparable. Already he's set us back years (as ST sales will prove). Unmitigated disaster

Utterly crazy to keep him, there are no signs that he knows what he is doing, the players clearly dont know either, half of which he brought in.

Get rid now rather than in October/November.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Go now please before any more damage is done and it becomes irreparable. Already he's set us back years (as ST sales will prove). Unmitigated disaster

I hope all these ***** are ready to subsidies the club when Laptop is booted.

So you know all of that yet think He should stay? There's a difference between hitting the ground running and a Boeing 747 nosediving into concrete.

I thought I answered your question? :unsure:

You did - it sounds like your mates who are hibs fans are taking the piss out of you as they have had their first relative success in a generation and your arse has dropped and don't have the bottle to see this through. Performances have been weak since cathro has arrived however he is bright, will be learning and has yet to have a pre season with players signed in a summer window rather than emergency signings in Jan.

What's your plan for when you get rid?

Gordon Ramsay

Amazed so many people want him to stay.

Have you actually seen us play?!

There is no shape, cohesion or tactics.

Bin him asap and get someone who can inject some life into these players.

Still stay for me. As unpopular as that may be on here. Needs more time and I'm interested to see what the change in recruitment policy may bring

No - both teams sat off us. I'd expect to see some sort of improvement game by game, even if results weren't coming I could accept that.. we are getting steadily worse. Again He has the lowest win record of any full time manager in our history.. let that sink in, in this league, with the advantages we have over 75% of the teams in it.

They didn't sit off us - you made that up to suit your agenda. I would like to see more leaders on the pitch and someone more vocal in the dugout beside him but that doesn't mean I would sack him after 5 months

i think the poll shows just how many Hibs fans are on the board!

Central Belt 1874

You are right. However there will be no experienced manager under the Budge and Levein reign. So there is absolutely no point in removing Cathro.

We need to suck it up, hope for the best over the summer and pay back Budge asap.

kingantti1874

They didn't sit off us - you made that up to suit your agenda. I would like to see more leaders on the pitch and someone more vocal in the dugout beside him but that doesn't mean I would sack him after 5 months

Have you actually watched us play? Anytime a team applies pressure we break.. some of our performances have been beyond pathetic.. our performance at Easter road was absolutely disgusting... after telling us he'd never put out a team who'd be outfought.

i think the poll shows just how many Hibs fans are on the board!

yep that's right -- lots of hobos hanging about here, when they're playing QoS at home in half-an-hour

Archived