Partick Thistle to get ?4m new training ground (NHC)

kila

By the light

A few of us went through to Firhill to the hospitlality a few weeks back. Performance and result aside, very good day out and wish nothing but good things for Partick. Unless against Hearts obviously.

Would recommend a visit. Good club.

Absolutely nothing negative to say about Partick, good to see them thriving in the Glasgow goldfish bowl.

Watt-Zeefuik

Fantastic for Scottish football if Partick makes a concerted move to being a stable top-tier club with facilities to match.  All the best to them.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Anything that helps divert more of the Glasgow public away from the gruesomes is welcome. Good luck to them as Thistle are a team that deserves to be well rooted in the top flight.

The weirs that won the euromillions are paying for it.

Aye. They've obviously turned the tap off to Kim Jong Eck

chester copperpot

Partick thistle and (I hate to say this) St Mirren have a fantastic youth set up.

I hope both do well, except St Mirren.

Partick thistle and (I hate to say this) St Mirren have a fantastic youth set up.

I hope both do well, except St Mirren.

Why?

Partick Thistle are not investing the money as they cannot afford to do so .... in effect they are being subsidised by a very rich couple.

Good luck to them as this is not the first time this couple have helped out but lets not hear all the 'good old Thistle' claptrap

They are no different allbeit on a smaller scale than Chelsea, Manchester City etc etc.....a subsidised football club.

Neilson's Shank

The Weir s are building it and leasing to to Thistle on a comercial basis according to the radio tonight

Partick Thistle are not investing the money as they cannot afford to do so .... in effect they are being subsidised by a very rich couple.

Good luck to them as this is not the first time this couple have helped out but lets not hear all the 'good old Thistle' claptrap

They are no different allbeit on a smaller scale than Chelsea, Manchester City etc etc.....a subsidised football club.

?4m being spent on training facilities for long term success is a bit different to throwing lots of money at players though

Are any other football clubs that different? It's a money game now and the playing field isn't level or fair.

Why does he want to see Thistle do well? Why not?

Partick thistle are a good club. That wasn't what I was asking. But you knew that

Partick thistle are a good club. That wasn't what I was asking. But you knew that

I thought I knew that...but then I also thought a real Jambo would never question another's hatred for St Mirren, so **** knows eh.

John Findlay

Rubbish. They are nowhere near subsidy wise as Chelsea and Man City. They do well to survive in a city with two of the biggest arse cheeks ever to grace this earth. They will sweep up all the players the other two discard in haste. More power to their elbow.

chester copperpot

St Mirren bit

Did you not read it.

I want all kids to do well. Just because McGarvey downed tools 31yrs ago doesn't mean I want a young kid from paisley to fail.

I want St Mirren to rot (as was pretty evident from my post).

You really are a horrible horrible little man.

I thought I knew that...but then I also thought a real Jambo would never question another's hatred for St Mirren, so **** knows eh.

Play the poster not the post. That's your game.

I've already expressed my views on 86. We shit it pure and simple.

That stance obviously means I'm Hibs though

Did you not read it.

I want all kids to do well. Just because McGarvey downed tools 31yrs ago doesn't mean I want a young kid from paisley to fail.

I want St Mirren to rot (as was pretty evident from my post).

You really are a horrible horrible little man.

Pin all the blame on St Mirren. That's why our tangible haul is so impressive

Ohhh dearie me....

You have a lot of anger and frustration issues going on eh!!!

chester copperpot

Pin all the blame on St Mirren. That's why our tangible haul is so impressive

Aye cool.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

****ing hell, every decent discussion on this board just decends into childish bullshit and it's the same sad few every time who are at the heart of it, give it a rest.

Pleased for PT good opportunity for them to grow.

Bowmans_Boot

Delighted for them. My gran and grandpa lived in Maryhill and so I went to see them when I was young. As such I have a soft spot for them and am really pleased to see them put down some solid foundations for progress.

Bowmans_Boot

You arent Hibs, no. Your contribution to this thread, however, is utter shite.

Absolutely despise them.  Anybody around in the 70s deserves a medal for going through the turgid mind-numbing experience that was Patrick parking the bus and using every dirty trick in the book to get a 0-0 draw or a 0-1 away win every time they came to town.

The funny thing was that we were so shite in these days that if they'd just opened up they would have cut us to ribbons anyway.

Also - Bertie Auld.  Say no more.

Investment in a Scottish Club and a sensible one at that, there is no downside to this at all. Good luck to them.

A_A wehatethehibs

I have big respect for the partick fans who back their local side and reject the plague on their city that is sectarianism. Hopefully one day they become Glasgow's top team.

Absolutely despise them. Anybody around in the 70s deserves a medal for going through the turgid mind-numbing experience that was Patrick parking the bus and using every dirty trick in the book to get a 0-0 draw or a 0-1 away win every time they came to town.

The funny thing was that we were so shite in these days that if they'd just opened up they would have cut us to ribbons anyway.

Also - Bertie Auld. Say no more.

Anyone around in the 70's would remember the Jags parking the bus in the LC final against Celtic. Mind you they were 4-0 up at the time. Cowards how dare they stop the might of Celtic scoring. Don't they know their place ?

Seriously, good news for them today. Firhill is my favourite away day.

davemclaren

Good on Partick. I'll never forgive them though for giving us McQuade and Craig for wee Donald Park in the late 70s. Surely they must have felt some guilt? :whistling:

jamboinglasgow

Another investment in Scottish football

exactly, thats something thats good for the game here.

Queens Park have demonstrated that a well run academy in Glasgow can benefit from the location with a large number of available players (plus you can pick up old firm cast offs and turn them into really good players.) A good training ground makes a statement for the club to possible new recruits as well. Plus as the article says, Thistle have their teams split around Glasgow trying to train which is a nightmare to organise. 

Was speaking to a Thistle fan at work about this and his complaint has been that the council have not helped Thistle with attempts to get a training ground in the past despite them doing a lot of good in the local area.

Your views on St Mirren are neither here nor there. The fact is you chose to question a Hearts mans hatred for them, even though you'd have known exactly where he was coming from.

Some would call it trolling, some would call it antagonistic. Either way, there was no need to ask a Jambo to explain himself over them. It's done nowt but derail yet another thread.

...but you knew that eh :-)

Horrible slur on a great group of players who took us on an amazing journey that season. And no we didn't shit it. We lost a game we should have won - penalty not given, flu virus and all - but we lost the title because St Mirren downed tools.

Finlay James

I like to see any team outside the old firm, Hibs and Aberdeen prosper. Good on thistle.

letsalldothebeattie

Good to see good things happening for them. Can't be easy being a team in Glasgow but Thistle look to have a bright future ahead of them. Delighted for them enjoyed my trip through earlier in the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who comes out with this "real jambo" crap probably isn't one.

You arent Hibs, no. Your contribution to this thread, however, is utter shite.

This.

Your views on St Mirren are neither here nor there. The fact is you chose to question a Hearts mans hatred for them, even though you'd have known exactly where he was coming from.

Some would call it trolling, some would call it antagonistic. Either way, there was no need to ask a Jambo to explain himself over them. It's done nowt but derail yet another thread.

...but you knew that eh :-)

And also this.

Anyone who comes out with this "real jambo" crap probably isn't one.

No sure what you mean to be honest Q. It was me who used the phrase 'real Jambo'. Dunno if you're insinuating I'm not a Hearts man?

I'd never question why another Jambo would hate St Mirren, if that's any help :-)

Horrible slur on a great group of players who took us on an amazing journey that season. And no we didn't shit it. We lost a game we should have won - penalty not given, flu virus and all - but we lost the title because St Mirren downed tools.

Ridiculous comments. Absolutely ridiculous

Completely in our own hands. Anyway it's all been said before. But we didn't lose the title because of St Mirren. We couldn't achieve what was entirely within our own control. That doesn't suit so ire gets directed elsewhere

Archived