Pulisic (NHC)

Watt-Zeefuik

Watt-Zeefuik

I haven't been able to see much of his breakout in Dortmund from here, just been reading about it.  This weekend at the WC qualifiers though, he and Dempsey pretty well took over the games.

His bit of skill to set up the US goal against Panama is quite something.  Starts here at a few ticks before 5:00 in this video.

His effort against Honduras was even more dominating, even though there's not as showy a bit of skill.  He set up three goals, scored another himself, and earned the free kick that Dempsey scored for another.

millerjames398

I haven't been able to see much of his breakout in Dortmund from here, just been reading about it. This weekend at the WC qualifiers though, he and Dempsey pretty well took over the games.

His bit of skill to set up the US goal against Panama is quite something. Starts here at a few ticks before 5:00 in this video.

His effort against Honduras was even more dominating, even though there's not as showy a bit of skill. He set up three goals, scored another himself, and earned the free kick that Dempsey scored for another.

Is this Americas next big thing? Hope it turns out better than freddy adu ,never heard of him was he coached in America and move to dortmund or was he coached by dortmund from a young age?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Watt-Zeefuik

Is this Americas next big thing? Hope it turns out better than freddy adu ,never heard of him was he coached in America and move to dortmund or was he coached by dortmund from a young age?

Coached in the US until he was 16, last at a US development academy club, then Dortmund signed him.   

America has had so many next big things (or really, those who were supposed to be America's first big thing) that turned into the next big meh that I'm not willing to go nuts just yet.  That said, he's already getting regular starts for Dortmund in the Bundesliga and in the Champions League, and has become Dortmund's youngest player ever to score in the Champions League (got one against Benfica).  That puts him in company few Americans have achieved at any age, much less those who are just 18.

The Internet

He's already done far more than Freddy Adu. Should become a top player if he's not already.

millerjames398

He does sound promising,didn't realise he was that young, doing well to hold down a place at a club the size of dortmund at 18,hope our next big thing oliver burke can make the same impression for rb leipzig in champion league next season.

Seems like a great player with massive potential.

Could this be USA's first real superstar?

Genuinely believe within the next 20 years or so, they'll be real forces of world football at international level.

He's already done far more than Freddy Adu. Should become a top player if he's not already.

tbf Connor sammon did as much as freddy adu

rudi must stay

Absolutely superb talent

Heard some interviews with him, very determined guy and I like how he take chances one on one with the keeper. Could have a great career

Seems like a great player with massive potential.

Could this be USA's first real superstar?

Genuinely believe within the next 20 years or so, they'll be real forces of world football at international level.

When it comes to sport, America really don't hold back. A more competitive country you won't find.

If they become a Force and football really takes off in America they could be something to be reckoned with.

they held out for a draw last night against the mighty panama, think it may be more than 20 years

that reminds me of peles claim that by 2000 an African country would win the WC

Watt-Zeefuik

they held out for a draw last night against the mighty panama, think it may be more than 20 years

CONCACAF qualifying is a good bit more brutal than you might think, and hearkens back to what I hear the Euro games were like 50 years ago.

Panama set out to kick Pulisic off the pitch.  He handled it admirably.  Didn't let it get to him but didn't back down from players twice his size running through him every 5 minutes.

At least they played this one in Panama City.  Other small nations have a habit of scheduling the US and Mexico in the worst stadiums with the worst pitches in the hardest to reach places so they can get a result. 

Draws away are plenty for the US to qualify provided we win regularly at home.  There's no prize for finishing top of the hexagonal.

invernessjt

I haven't been able to see much of his breakout in Dortmund from here, just been reading about it. This weekend at the WC qualifiers though, he and Dempsey pretty well took over the games.

His bit of skill to set up the US goal against Panama is quite something. Starts here at a few ticks before 5:00 in this video.

His effort against Honduras was even more dominating, even though there's not as showy a bit of skill. He set up three goals, scored another himself, and earned the free kick that Dempsey scored for another.

I've seen him a few times for Dortmund this season and he looks a real talent. Very well thought of in German football from what I can gather.

Archived