Hibs v Morton

Morgan

Highly unlikely that THEY are not now going to win their league but..

If Morton were to win tonight that would take the points difference down to seven with Morton still having a game in hand, and having to face the vermin again a week on Saturday at home.

As I say, unlikely, but it would be lovely if they collapsed again.

:fth:

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on your happy train until the weekend.  By 4.50pm on Sat it was very sadly, game over.

On a side note what emergency loan signing(s) have the tramps made for this game of Celtic?  Dembele? cheating scum.

Harry Potter

If Morton were to win tonight that would take the points difference down to seven with Morton still having a game in hand, and having to face the vermin again a week on Saturday at home.

Probably be a draw, enough for Hibs and not enough for Morton who blew it last saturday.

Done and dusted I'm afraid. They are however,very fortunate that the championship has been very poor this season or they would have had yet another season down there.

Plus side is we can now get them back into their ******* cage!

Done and dusted I'm afraid. They are however,very fortunate that the championship has been very poor this season or they would have had yet another season down there.

Plus side is we can now get them back into their ******* cage!

And they keep getting propped up and injected with Celtic players.

It's over guys :( They are coming back up.

Yip.

Sure Morton are 9/1 tonight. Not a bad price for a bit of interest.

These threads are cringe. Get a life.. there was no chance Hibs weren't going to win that league this season.

Morton blew it by losing to Dunfermline at home on Saturday.

Big time...and Falkirk's day was over last week also.

The League is done, all they can hope for is a shot at a Premiership play off.

These threads are cringe. Get a life.. there was no chance Celtic B team weren't going to win that league this season.

FTFY

I would love it if they crumpled too.

But, we just have to face the music and accept we'll be humping them 4 times next season. :jjyay:

I like your thinking.

I never gave up. Hearts putting challenges in never gave up till mathematically impossible.

Morton also have incentive in preparing for play offs now.

Looking forward to THREE Derbies next season and nine points.

I admire your bravado and confidence mate.

A lot of things have to change for me to think that way again.

I would love it if they crumpled too.

But, we just have to face the music and accept we'll be humping them 4 times next season. :jjyay:

As above that's 3 league games and maybe one for the new stand

Sadly DU, Falkirk and Morton are poor and have no consistency.

No pressure on Hibs, and they are coming up after winning the poorest quality Championship in years!!

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Hibs have amassed the same number of points at this stage as they had in the year we romped it.  And yet that's enough for them to be sitting comfortably in first.  Bit of an indictment on the rest of the teams in that league, and on HIbs, too.

But last weekend was the day that Hibs won the league.  Beating Falkirk and Morton losing was the final couple of nails.  Dundee Utd have continued to be pish.  Hibs have had just that little bit more when it's been needed most.  Pointing out loan arrangements is just a wee bit cringey, unless of course Hibs have somehow acted outside the rules?  Not sure they have.

If Morton do win tonight, it might make things interesting for another week or so.  But it looks more like all the teams round about will continue to cut each other's throat and Hibs will continue to limp along towards the title.  Hey, it's only taken them three years.  Think back to that relegation party derby.  Three years to recover from the outcome of that.

I summarise the above: FTH.

Last chance for Morton to keep it alive. At the very least they can make Hibs squirm a bit by winning tonight.

On the plus side, if that lot are coming up, we can put right the Edinburgh derby and get it back to how we like it.

One Hearts win is all it will take to blow Hibs' "dominance" out the water.

These threads are cringe. Get a life.. there was no chance Hibs weren't going to win that league this season.

Well pardon me.

Life obtained by the way.

Cheers.

We_are_the_Hearts

Looking forward to THREE Derbies next season and nine points.

Assume you have heard we are getting 11 new signings then?

Last chance for Morton to keep it alive. At the very least they can make Hibs squirm a bit by winning tonight.

On the plus side, if that lot are coming up, we can put right the Edinburgh derby and get it back to how we like it.

One Hearts win is all it will take to blow Hibs' "dominance" out the water.

I feel obliged to respond with a :fth:

If anyone can Hibs it it's Hibs. Mon the Morton!

That sir, is the very spirit required here.

:2thumbsup:

Morton blew it by losing to Dunfermline at home on Saturday.

I agree. Frankly too much to do now. I think the B team will win tonight and that will wrap it up unfortunately

Silvery_Moon

It's over. Hibs definitely winning that league. We need to get the finger out against them next season.

buzzbomb1958

Well sod it at least make some cash tonite Morton 17/2 got something to prove after the shocker on Saturday and remember the vermin are shit

They have done enough after the third year of trying with no immediate rivals...Dundee Utd should hang their heads in shame.

Back to Regular derbies next season, hope we can sort out our attitude problem by then.

Matthew Le Tissier

Heading along to this (freebie)

Anyone know if Jai Quatongo (sp) is back fit yet?

Sorry don't know how he is doing

But he's not been in the Morton team or subs.

maroonlegions

Nope, anything is possible with the Lockend Brazil. 

Takes a couple of defeats with those around them wining and squeaky bum time could set in AGAIN.

Mon the Morton.

FTH

Nope, anything is possible with the Lockend Brazil. 

Takes a couple of defeats with those around them wining and squeaky bum time could set in AGAIN.

Mon the Morton.

FTH

:spoton:

No still out and their Captain is doubtful Lee Kilday had to come off against Dunfermline injured on Saturday.

Maroon Sailor

What's the script with Morton now ?

Down on the BBC website as Hibernian v Greenock Morton

Always been Greenock Morton but Greenock was never really used in the official list of fixtures.

Harry Potter

Yip.

Sure Morton are 9/1 tonight. Not a bad price for a bit of interest.

Put money on a team that bottled it on saturday, no thanks, be a draw.

What's the script with Morton now ?

Down on the BBC website as Hibernian v Greenock Morton

Always been Greenock Morton but Greenock was never really used in the official list of fixtures.

Had a wee look on wiki and they were formed as Morton. The Greenock was only added in 1994.

Wondered where "Morton" came from but, other than a local street name, its origins are not known.

Regardless, all the best to them for tonight.

oh ah grantona

Hibs win for me please I have them to win league by 10 points doubled with Tic who have done the business already.

?25 @ 8/1 will come in nicely for Euro's in summer

Hibs @ 2/5 tonight is not a safe bet

Morton have to win to have any chance so I have gone BTTS 13/8 and over 2.5 at 6/5

Bowmans_Boot

Hibs win for me please I have them to win league by 10 points doubled with Tic who have done the business already.

?25 @ 8/1 will come in nicely for Euro's in summer

Excellent bets by a Hearts fan.

Maroon Sailor

Had a wee look on wiki and they were formed as Morton. The Greenock was only added in 1994.

Wondered where "Morton" came from but, other than a local street name, its origins are not known.

Regardless, all the best to them for tonight.

I went to Morton v Hearts games late 70's and their programme cover was Greenock Morton

I went to Morton v Hearts games late 70's and their programme cover was Greenock Morton

I think 1994 was when it was officially added but they were informally known as Greenock for years before that.

manaliveits105

How many points have their emergency loans gained them ?

Ambrose scored on Saturday and fatty Commons scored in a 1 0 win earlier so thats at least 4 points they have swindled the other teams out of - disgusting little club are Celtic Lite

maroonlegions

How many points have their emergency loans gained them ?

Ambrose scored on Saturday and fatty Commons scored in a 1 0 win earlier so thats at least 4 points they have swindled the other teams out of - disgusting little club are Celtic Lite

Cheating their way to the title.. :laugh4:

They will be bottom six if they come up i think. :fth:

oh ah grantona

Excellent bets by a Hearts fan.

Hibs were massive at 11/10 ( Dundee United were never winning it that's for sure)

Celtic were not messing around with Rodgers appointment wish I had done them more than 10 points

Archived