Elvis re Cathro/Levein

Clerry Jambo

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
been here before

I cant read an interview with Elvis without hearing his voice.

He reminds me of John Hughes.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Legend, but not sure I necessarily agree with him on this point.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

I'm not part of the Elvis lynch mob but he's not adding anything to the conversation here.

Smacks of a failed manager trying to stay relevant in the press tbh.

A_A wehatethehibs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39420858

PS Ledge ( in before the baying mob!! )

He is spot on.

Sending John Daly down from the stand like a carrier pigeon is wrong. Levein should not be in the dressing room on match day as it interferes with Cathros authority over the players. As a director he should be spending the duration of the match with the other directors, answering to them about why his hire for head coach is floundering. All the other directors departments appear to be ship shape but the first team football department is a shambles. "What's going on there Craig there seems to be issues with the man you hired with no prior experience and no proper recruitment process?"

Anyways, at least now we can confirm that Stephen Pressley will 100% not ever be Hearts manager while levein is at the club.

He is spot on.

Sending John Daly down from the stand like a carrier pigeon is wrong. Levein should not be in the dressing room on match day as it interferes with Cathros authority over the players. As a director he should be spending the duration of the match with the other directors, answering to them about why his hire for head coach is floundering. All the other directors departments appear to be ship shape but the first team football department is a shambles. "What's going on there Craig there seems to be issues with the man you hired with no prior experience and no proper recruitment process?"

Anyways, at least now we can confirm that Stephen Pressley will 100% not ever be Hearts manager while levein is at the club.

Nailed it Mate!

lauriesrank

Tuppence worth with a tinfoil hat rather than just, tin...

When Levein was talking to Daly, Daly went down the stairs, stood for a minute, then spoke to Macphee, not Cathro, for about 3 seconds...

Dunno how that was relaying a huge amount of orders unless Levein was more than concise in his verbiage?!

Yes I know he went in the dressing room, I would have done the same after that shambolic half tbh, I'm sure many of us wanted to too!

Not excusing it btw.

He's spot on . He's not mentoring he's dominating and dictating. Doing nothing for cathro's reputation either that he will allow it

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The boy is a roaster for sure, but here I agree with every single word.

joe.gausden

What if Cathro has asked him to do that role? Have the press ever asked Cathro outright whether he did?

The boy is a roaster for sure, but here I agree with every single word.

The boy is a roaster and I don't give a sh*t what he says about anything.

He should try and put HMFC behind him.  He is a busted flush.

1. Cathro/McPhee may have asked Daly to go up and speak to Levein

2. Who says Levein was saying anything to the team in the dressing room? He may have just been monitoring what was happening. He's the man who appointed the coaching team and will ultimately be the man who has to sack them as well if they are failing to meet the required standards.

Ridiculous that this is even an issue.

What if Cathro has asked him to do that role? Have the press ever asked Cathro outright whether he did?

Cathro said it's normal for there to be members of the team to be in the stands with a different vantage point.

Had it been Cathro sending one of his own team out to do that and getting a report I'd see that as normal. But having your superior, DoF, sending messages down to you... different story and not something I want to have classed as 'normal'.

kingantti1874

So levein spots something which may help achieve a positive result if the manager decides to act on it.. but he should just be quiet.. can't accept that..

So levein spots something which may help achieve a positive result if the manager decides to act on it.. but he should just be quiet.. can't accept that..

Whatever he spotted did not make a blind bit of difference to the performance of the team though did it?

itsnomarooned

1. Cathro/McPhee may have asked Daly to go up and speak to Levein

2. Who says Levein was saying anything to the team in the dressing room? He may have just been monitoring what was happening. He's the man who appointed the coaching team and will ultimately be the man who has to sack them as well if they are failing to meet the required standards.

Ridiculous that this is even an issue.

Agree here - this whole thing has been given way too much attention when no-one actually knows any detail.

When Craig Brown was director of football (or after that still helping out) at Aberdeen this is how matchday operated.

1. Sunday before game ie start of week Derek McInnes would assess the opposition and pick the expected team.

2. During the week he prepared Aberdeen for the opposition, how he expected them to set up etc.

3. At the game Craig Brown's job was to watch the opposition from the stand and note any changes in how the opposition was set up compared with how Derek McInnes had prepared.

4. Any information was passed on to Derek McInnes during the game.

Source: Craig Brown

Bowmans_Boot

He says that he knows a lot about and understands the dynamics of the dressing room. He is most certainly an expert in losing it.

When Craig Brown was director of football (or after that still helping out) at Aberdeen this is how matchday operated.

1. Sunday before game ie start of week Derek McInnes would assess the opposition and pick the expected team.

2. During the week he prepared Aberdeen for the opposition, how he expected them to set up etc.

3. At the game Craig Brown's job was to watch the opposition from the stand and note any changes in how the opposition was set up compared with how Derek McInnes had prepared.

Interesting.  Never read that anywhere in the media - where can I find it?

Cathro said it's normal for there to be members of the team to be in the stands with a different vantage point.

Had it been Cathro sending one of his own team out to do that and getting a report I'd see that as normal. But having your superior, DoF, sending messages down to you... different story and not something I want to have classed as 'normal'.

Who do you thnk should have done it?

Craig Levein is part ofhis team and by far the most experienced coach in the club.  Are you suggesting we just let this valuable asset wither on the vine?

I don't doubt that is part of what Craig Levein does. Would be good to know if Craig Brown ever went into the dressing room at half time though.

There is so much mystery over Levein's role and influence. He's more than happy to be in the shadows while Cathro takes the flak for poor performances instead of coming out and defending the DoF setup he's installed at Hearts and what his match day influence actually is.

When it was rumoured Levein was passing notes down to the dug out and entering the changing room at half time it was ridiculed on here. That doesn't happen and you have no proof etc

Now we know it goes on the latest excuse is maybe Cathro is asking for this, we just don't know.

Open up your eyes. Levein has far to much influence and it clearly isn't working. Something must change.

The point made was if he wanted experienced views he should have got another coach not use the DOF.

Interesting. Never read that anywhere in the media - where can I find it?

Inteview Craig Brown did on Sportsound a couple of years ago. He said McInnes might not want him to disclose it.

The same Sportsound that has this interview tonight.

Then you have to ask if Cathro is the right person to have.

Whatever he spotted did not make a blind bit of difference to the performance of the team though did it?

Correct.

Jack Ross did the notes job when he was here. Ie seeing if he could help from stand view higher up than pitch level.

Team work I call it.

I don't doubt that is part of what Craig Levein does. Would be good to know if Craig Brown ever went into the dressing room at half time though.

There is so much mystery over Levein's role and influence. He's more than happy to be in the shadows while Cathro takes the flak for poor performances instead of coming out and defending the DoF setup he's installed at Hearts and what his match day influence actually is.

Maybe to you and me, and the weegie biased media, but if Cathro understands it, and is happy with it, what is the problem. 

Jack Ross did the notes job when he was here. Ie seeing if he could help from stand view higher up than pitch level.

Team work I call it.

Jack Ross was an integral part of our football set up - our understanding was that Levein had no direct involvement with the team on match days.

Maybe to you and me, and the weegie biased media, but if Cathro understands it, and is happy with it, what is the problem. 

Cathro has been given his first big chance as a Head Coach. It is not going well - but he is hardly likely to have a pop at the guy that appointed him, and can fire him!

The point made was if he wanted experienced views he should have got another coach not use the DOF.

Another coach = another cost.  None of our coaches has anywhere near the amount and quality of experience CL has.  Maybe if they got another coach that would satisfy some but not necessarily be right for the club.

Inteview Craig Brown did on Sportsound a couple of years ago. He said McInnes might not want him to disclose it.

The same Sportsound that has this interview tonight.

Cheers - I will be interested to listen in.

Not that it matters one iota in the greater scheme of things, but can I add myself to the couldn't give a flying **** what Steven Pressley thinks, camp.

I'm not one that jumped on the snake bandwagon -

But Elvis has no right whatsoever to tell Cathro what Cathro needs.

Cathro is the one who decides this

IF he is happy with Levein's role - as he has said he is on more than one occasion - then Elvis should keep his ****ing trap shut.

We do not all live in the world accordingly to Pressley. Cathro in particular - who has already had a much more successful coaching career than him.

Cathro has been given his first big chance as a Head Coach. It is not going well - but he is hardly likely to have a pop at the guy that appointed him, and can fire him!

Cathro is not a ****ing idiot.

He knew the deal and signed up to it and has said he is more than happy with it.

If he isn't he would walk.

Correct

It's utter bullshit - agenda city on this place.

It's basic common sense.

Can I just say that we could have been down 3 or 4 -0 before the "incident" and HT involvement of CL.  If I were Cathro I think I would have been asking CL "is there something I am not seeing from ground level?"  That to me is a sign of strength, not weakness.  Maybe his input did do little to change things but that is hardly surprising because Aberdeen are a more settled outfit and currently much stronger.  There is much to be said for aiming high but we must also be realistic, and perhaps patient, when it doesn't always work out.

Nobody complained about Levein or Jack Ross passing messsges to Robbie when we were 20 points clear in the Chsmpionship. It happened .

Cathro is not a ******* idiot.

He knew the deal and signed up to it and has said he is more than happy with it.

If he isn't he would walk.

Where do I say Cathro is a ********* idiot?

He got his first big gig as a Head Coach - as such he would be happy to sign up to Levein's philosophy and way of operating, without making much fuss this early in his career.  He knows it's Levein's way or the highway, but the big deal for him to keep his head down and stay in a job.

All this is why Levein will not appoint an experienced Head Coach or Manager, because none worth his salt will work under Levein's total football dictatorship at Tynecastle.

they asked him and Cathro said he asked L:evein to carry out that role. he wanted someone sitting in the stand who would have a better view and who could maybe spot things not immediately noticeable from pitch level. Of course the press totally ignore that and just carry on with their garbage

Nobody complained about Levein or Jack Ross passing messsges to Robbie when we were 20 points clear in the Chsmpionship. It happened .

Never complained as I was unaware it was happening!

If this is the case then that blows the theory from some on here that Levein has every right to intervene with the team and tactics if things are going badly!

Can I just say that we could have been down 3 or 4 -0 before the "incident" and HT involvement of CL.  If I were Cathro I think I would have been asking CL "is there something I am not seeing from ground level?"  That to me is a sign of strength, not weakness.  Maybe his input did do little to change things but that is hardly surprising because Aberdeen are a more settled outfit and currently much stronger.  There is much to be said for aiming high but we must also be realistic, and perhaps patient, when it doesn't always work out.

So basically it was "Boss, I'm lost - any suggestions"

That I have to say is the sign of "weakness"

Never complained as I was unaware it was happening!

If this is the case then that blows the theory from some on here that Levein has every right to intervene with the team and tactics if things are going badly!

There is a fair enough debate about Levein. Let you get on with that.

Maybe I just pay more attention. Thought Jack Ross' role supporting the first team on match days was fairly well known.

Archived