Beware: Well Pharmacy - Stenhouse

Col1874

As Stenhouse will be local to many of you on here, I thought I'd share the disgusting games they have played with me this week.

I'm on the maximum dose of one particular anti-depressant and I have been for a while now. Without it, I turn into a complete weirdo and I say/do stupid things. Last time around I put myself in A&E and also was reported missing, so I REALLY need the medication I take.

After each GP appointment I have, I'm given a prescription which is to be dispensed fortnightly.

On my last prescription, I also had an additional item which they didn't have in stock, so they gave me my usual medication and asked me to come back in a few days for the other item.

My wife collected the other item a few days later, but they also gave her my 2nd lot of medication which wasn't due. My wife wasn't aware of this as I usually collect it.

Because of this, I had enough to keep me going for another 4 weeks or so, which I had no issues with.

I later ran out, so I went to collect my final box of medication.

The pharmacy refused to give me it saying that I "collected it last week" which is absolute garbage.

I have my own theory as to what happened to the final box, but I can't go making what could potentially be false accusations.

Anyway... I got a phone call from my GP today saying that the pharmacy told them I've not been taking my medication... Now I have that on record and will no doubt have an awkward GP appointment next time around.

Honestly they're a joke of a pharmacy. To play with my mental health is disgusting from professionals who should understand.

Perhaps this isn't for kickback but I'm fuming.

Straightfromtheheart

As Stenhouse will be local to many of you on here, I thought I'd share the disgusting games they have played with me this week.

I'm on the maximum dose of one particular anti-depressant and I have been for a while now. Without it, I turn into a complete weirdo and I say/do stupid things. Last time around I put myself in A&E and also was reported missing, so I REALLY need the medication I take.

After each GP appointment I have, I'm given a prescription which is to be dispensed fortnightly.

On my last prescription, I also had an additional item which they didn't have in stock, so they gave me my usual medication and asked me to come back in a few days for the other item.

My wife collected the other item a few days later, but they also gave her my 2nd lot of medication which wasn't due. My wife wasn't aware of this as I usually collect it.

Because of this, I had enough to keep me going for another 4 weeks or so, which I had no issues with.

The pharmacy refused to give me it saying that I "collected it last week" which is absolute garbage.

I have my own theory as to what happened to the final box, but I can't go making what could potentially be false accusations.

Anyway... I got a phone call from my GP today saying that the pharmacy told them I've not been taking my medication... Now I have that on record and will no doubt have an awkward GP appointment next time around.

Honestly they're a joke of a pharmacy. To play with my mental health is disgusting from professionals who should understand.

The pharmacy is in the wrong and they havent stuck to dispensing arrangements on prescription ive had this before with other pharmacys issuing installments. Get intouch with their head office

Take them to the cleaners. Complaints through your GP and whatever mechanism allows to notify the regulatory body. Write to your MSP as well. I've heard a few recent accounts of some pretty negligent practices by pharmacies. I would be on a mission on this.

The pharmacy is in the wrong and they havent stuck to dispensing arrangements on prescription ive had this before with other pharmacys issuing installments. Get intouch with their head office

I've already got a formal complaint in place through their head office.

Take them to the cleaners. Complaints through your GP and whatever mechanism allows to notify the regulatory body. Write to your MSP as well. I've heard a few recent accounts of some pretty negligent practices by pharmacies. I would be on a mission on this.

Absolutely no way I'm letting this go. What's happened to 28x 100mg Sertraline that was prescribed to me? Have they been given to someone else? Has someone in the pharmacy pocketed them? Is the pharmacist keeping his own supply and pocketing the difference? Who knows but something isn't right and to blame me has made me determined not to let this go.

Absolutely no way I'm letting this go. What's happened to 28x 100mg Sertraline that was prescribed to me? Have they been given to someone else? Has someone in the pharmacy pocketed them? Is the pharmacist keeping his own supply and pocketing the difference? Who knows but something isn't right and to blame me has made me determined not to let this go.

I doubt they would risk it for a pill which costs just over ?1.

3fingersreid

Bold accusations in your last paragraph

Or its a simple admin mistake while not excusable there are some fairly heavy inferences in your last paragraph.

The Real Maroonblood

Maybe you just got mixed up as you stated you can do weird things.

Or it could be a genuine mistake by the pharmacist.

Not making any accusations at all, just listed a number of scenarios which I would hope didn't happen. A question mark does tend to mean I'm asking a question, rather than making a statement.

Perhaps an admin mistake, yes, which as a one off would be fine but I have had several "lost" prescriptions which I have also had to complain about in the past.

Absolutely no way I got mixed up, I stated I go weird without the meds, but I've not been without since August.

The Real Maroonblood

Not making any accusations at all, just listed a number of scenarios which I would hope didn't happen. A question mark does tend to mean I'm asking a question, rather than making a statement.

Perhaps an admin mistake, yes, which as a one off would be fine but I have had several "lost" prescriptions which I have also had to complain about in the past.

Absolutely no way I got mixed up, I stated I go weird without the meds, but I've not been without since August.

Good luck and keep well.

The "uncollected medication" has gone back to the shelf as stock, most likely.

Mistakes happen, especially with instalment prescriptions which are more intricate to deal with.

The best thing would be to go in to the pharmacy with a CALM head, and ask to speak to the base pharmacist...that way you can go through the whole situation with someone who will be familiar with the pharmacy and their standard operating procedures....to try and figure out what has happened.

Assuming it wasn't too long ago, they might still have the audit trail of the script, who handed it out and when.

There's no point kicking up a stink to head office, they won't have the information with regards to your specific incident....only the people involved in the pharmacy will.

I can almost guarantee there is no malice involved here, pharmacy is a fast-paced, high-pressure and stressful environment. I understand it must have been frustrating for you...but ultimately, it seems like a mistake was made, which has led to them thinking they were acting in your best interests by informing the doctor of what they thought was happening.

Hope you're doing okay, and remember, don't take this as a personal attack.

As someone who has regular repeat prescriptions myself, involving different drugs which arrive in different pack sizes at different times - I've had a fair number of occasions where wires have gotten crossed or things gotten mixed up etc.

It happens. Its normally easily rectified.

Not worth antagonising yourself over - be calm, and sort it through the proper channels, be that through your GP or through the pharmacy.

Harry Potter

When you consider how many medicines are put out in a day Col there is probably 

a genuine mistake made here Col, have a quiet word with the person involved instead of official formal action.

At worst could end up someone losing their job, hope you are getting better pal.

Салатные палочки

Boots asked me if I would like for them to get my medication in on a monthly basis and they would text me when it was in.  This happened once and I never received another text.  I had to then go back to the docs to get another prescription.  I took it in and they asked me again about the text service. I gave it another go and it happened again. Now I prefer to just go in with the prescription from my doctor and wait for them.  

They have made a mistake, it's as simple as that.  Like the poster above said, a pharmacist or an assistant is not going to risk their job and possible criminal charges for stealing medication, especially that has little or no value to themselves or on the streets.  

All medication, especially stuff as dangerous as anti-depressants are strictly regulated these days and must be accounted for through NHS systems.  I have no doubt some goes missing but it can be traced if it has been dispensed to anyone.  

I think its just a mistake and you're perhaps blowing it out of proportion.  Also, I would consider using another pharmacy if possible, especially if you have had issues with them in the past.  

The "uncollected medication" has gone back to the shelf as stock, most likely.

Mistakes happen, especially with instalment prescriptions which are more intricate to deal with.

The best thing would be to go in to the pharmacy with a CALM head, and ask to speak to the base pharmacist...that way you can go through the whole situation with someone who will be familiar with the pharmacy and their standard operating procedures....to try and figure out what has happened.

Assuming it wasn't too long ago, they might still have the audit trail of the script, who handed it out and when.

There's no point kicking up a stink to head office, they won't have the information with regards to your specific incident....only the people involved in the pharmacy will.

I can almost guarantee there is no malice involved here, pharmacy is a fast-paced, high-pressure and stressful environment. I understand it must have been frustrating for you...but ultimately, it seems like a mistake was made, which has led to them thinking they were acting in your best interests by informing the doctor of what they thought was happening.

Hope you're doing okay, and remember, don't take this as a personal attack.

Very knowledgeable and wise response- do you work in this field?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Les Izemore

I gave up on automatic repeat prescriptions as the pharmacy messed up to often. Far easier to pick up a repeat from reception at my docs and take it to the shop myself.

I'm not surprised mistakes are made given how busy they are, my local Boots is always busy and it's usually a 20 minute wait from putting in the script to picking up the meds.

As said above try going back to the shop and talking it through with the pharmacist.

My meds are also for depression so I know how anxious it can be when they're messed up.

Good luck.

Very knowledgeable and wise response- do you work in this field?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks. I do [emoji106].

Archived