Sad News. Alan Bruce (Wee Jamboree) RIP

Sydney Devine

Alan was an absolute gent of a guy. Like others I worked with him at the worlds local bank, a more likeable, approachable and helpful guy you could not meet.

I knew the big man was in a bad way, as my mother was in regular contact, but still came as a total shock. I can't attend the funeral as I can't get time off work but my thoughts will be with the family all day.

Rest in peace Al.

Jambof3tornado

Condolences to his family and friends. Such a young age but I know from working in conjuntion with Strathcarron hospice how young some of the victims of cancer can be.

Tragic.

Didn't know Alan but all the lovely words have me in tears. Sounds like a lovely talented man and taken far too soon. RIP and thoughts to his family x

boy_in_maroon

Sorry to hear of this.

It's sad hearing the loss of a fellow Hearts supporter.

Thoughts with family and friends

Carl Fredrickson

On behalf of my family and Alan's wife Carol, I would like to thank everyone for their kind words.  Alan's passions in life were following the Hearts, photography and his wife Carol (not necessarily in that order though  :smiley2:).

Alan renewed his season ticket for this year with the hope that he would be able watch the Hearts again in person.  Sadly, his illness prevented him from doing this, but he never stopped following the team.  It saddened me that we could not attend the matches together, as we had done for many years.  As well as being my brother, he was also my football buddy and it will be a big gap in my life to no longer be able to share the highs and lows of the club with him.  I had just started to get used to his long lanky legs encroaching into my space as we sat next to each other.

For anyone that is interested, Alan's funeral will be at Warriston Crematorium (Lorimer Chapel) on Friday 7th April at 2.00pm.

R.I.P. wee man.

RIP Alan. Sad, sad news. 

One of the posters Alan designed for the Hearts family fun day ... again his posters raised just over ?1,000

IMG_2976_zpstg9ynxlu.jpg

luckyBatistuta

My condolences and thoughts are with his family at this time. The Heart of Midlothian family will also miss you too.

RIP Alan

Archived