Sad News. Alan Bruce (Wee Jamboree) RIP

Sydney Devine

Sydney Devine

I have received some bad news that Alan Bruce a lifelong Jambo passed away yesterday after a period of illness. Alan was only 45 and was a long time season ticket holder in Section A lower. He didn't post much on the forums but contributed to some discussions with photographs and art work.

A keen and talented amateur photographer combined with his love of Hearts - gave him the opportunity to be an official match day photographer at home & away matches over the last few years.

A lovely big man who will be missed by his family and friends.

RIP

post-6976-0-96396300-1490695679_thumb.jpg

I knew big Alan from when we worked at HSBC Bank.

A really nice guy and a really big Jambo.

So sad to hear this news.

RIP Mate.

John Findlay

As a fellow section A lower. My sincere condolences to all the family. RIP.

North Berwick Jambo

Very sad news, condolences to his family. RIP

Quite a distinctive style in the picture in OP.

Be interesting to see more. Maybe a place could be found to display at Tynecastle if appropriate.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Life can be marvellous, but too often is cruel. Deepest sympathy, to all of Alans friends and family

chester copperpot

Alan was my old boss in HSBC and we used to go to some of the games together.

When I heard about this on Friday I was gutted.

He was honestly the nicest guy you could ever wish to meet.

Feel so sorry for this and leaves behind a lovely wife who must be feeling awful just now.

His big brother posts on here also and I send him my heart felt condolences.

Alan used to take some photos for the club also as he was quite a talented photographer.

RIP big man.

Someone just told me about this thread. I'm gutted.

Alan had said I was to visit when he was feeling up to it. I dropped off lovely signed photos last year that Rudi personally wrote for Alan. I knew then things were not too positive then.

I had no idea he had such little time left and am gutted.

So sad. Lovely guy, lovely family.

If anyone has updates as to when the funeral will be please PM me.

Thanks

Linda

Sydney Devine

Someone just told me about this thread. I'm gutted.

Alan had said I was to visit when he was feeling up to it. I dropped off lovely signed photos last year that Rudi personally wrote for Alan. I knew then things were not too positive then.

I had no idea he had such little time left and am gutted.

So sad. Lovely guy, lovely family.

If anyone has updates as to when the funeral will be please PM me.

Thanks

Linda

Linda, I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Alan was my old boss in HSBC and we used to go to some of the games together.

When I heard about this on Friday I was gutted.

He was honestly the nicest guy you could ever wish to meet.

Feel so sorry for this and leaves behind a lovely wife who must be feeling awful just now.

His big brother posts on here also and I send him my heart felt condolences.

Alan used to take some photos for the club also as he was quite a talented photographer.

RIP big man.

I worked with Alan a very long time ago. He was a head waiter at the Sheraton Hotel and I was a waitress (whilst at university).

Anyway I never saw him for 20 plus years ..... and was then asked to picked up photographs from this Hearts fans house back in 2015 .....he had designed some fantastic Hearts posters and wanted to donate to the Hearts Family Fun day in 2015 .... tapped on his door not knowing who's house I was going to. Turned out to be Alan!

Then he invited me back to his house and designed a very lovely photo of my son holding the championship trophy. I was really taken aback. So we then kept in touch and he was giving me updates as to his progress.

He was a very lovely looking man and had such a beautiful wife. So sad.

RIP Alan .... sending my condolences to his family x

chester copperpot

I worked with Alan a very long time ago. He was a head waiter at the Sheraton Hotel and I was a waitress (whilst at university).

Anyway I never saw him for 20 plus years ..... and was then asked to picked up photographs from this Hearts fans house back in 2015 .....he had designed some fantastic Hearts posters and wanted to donate to the Hearts Family Fun day in 2015 .... tapped on his door not knowing who's house I was going to. Turned out to be Alan!

Then he invited me back to his house and designed a very lovely photo of my son holding the championship trophy. I was really taken aback. So we then kept in touch and he was giving me updates as to his progress.

He was a very lovely looking man and had such a beautiful wife. So sad.

RIP Alan .... sending my condolences to his family x

You hear about people being lovely guys all the time when they pass away but Al genuinely was that lovely guy.

To say I am gutted is an understatement.

I heard when I was away at the weekend and was completely shocked. I knew he was ill but never knew he was in a hospice or stuff. Tragic stuff

loveofthegame

Couldn't meet a nicer person than his wife Carol. Really saddened to hear this news. RIP mate, so young. Life can be so cruel.

Don't know the chap but am aghast at his relatively young age. It's really horrible to pass that early. 

I take it from Chesters' post that it was the dreaded and terrible cancer?

RIP mate.

chester copperpot

Don't know the chap but am aghast at his relatively young age. It's really horrible to pass that early.

I take it from Chesters' post that it was the dreaded and terrible cancer?

RIP mate.

It was mate yeah.

chester copperpot

What a ******* that disease is.

Yip saw it destroy my dad and now one of my dear friends.

It really can take a flying **** to itself likes.

******* of a disease.

45 jesus its scary that life moves along and you think you have plenty time and then it can be over in a heartbeat.

Terrible no matter what age condolences to all.

Yip saw it destroy my dad and now one of my dear friends.

It really can take a flying **** to itself likes.

******* of a disease.

One of our very best friends was diagnosed with bladder cancer 15 months ago. Apparently 95% of people who get this get 'better' because it tend not to develop into secondary cancer. Unfortunately for Sharon she was in the 5% and her body is now riddled with it.

She's a lovely person who wouldn't hurt a fly, non smoker, non drinker etc. Each day now is a gift to her as the survival expectancy average for her types of cancer is 13 months.

Just very unfair.

You hear about people being lovely guys all the time when they pass away but Al genuinely was that lovely guy.

To say I am gutted is an understatement.

I heard when I was away at the weekend and was completely shocked. I knew he was ill but never knew he was in a hospice or stuff. Tragic stuff

I didn't know he was in a hospice either :(

He was diagnosed the same time as my father in law. From speaking to Alan his chemo wasn't working too well. I wanted to drop him a message a few weeks ago but was scared to as felt it might not have been too positive for him. But shocked at this news.

Alan designed fabulous posters for the fun day. Purely from these posters we made over ?500 from the sale of them. Then hsbc matched this so he actually raised ?1000 for charity just from his posters. ?500 of this went directly to Big Hearts, the rest between Save the children etc.

I will treasure the poster he made for my son. It's fabulous. A work of art ... and it was also signed by Robbie Neilson. Very special indeed. More so now :(

He just didn't deserve this. No one does x

On behalf of my family and Alan's wife Carol, I would like to thank everyone for their kind words.  Alan's passions in life were following the Hearts, photography and his wife Carol (not necessarily in that order though  :smiley2:).

Alan renewed his season ticket for this year with the hope that he would be able watch the Hearts again in person.  Sadly, his illness prevented him from doing this, but he never stopped following the team.  It saddened me that we could not attend the matches together, as we had done for many years.  As well as being my brother, he was also my football buddy and it will be a big gap in my life to no longer be able to share the highs and lows of the club with him.  I had just started to get used to his long lanky legs encroaching into my space as we sat next to each other.

For anyone that is interested, Alan's funeral will be at Warriston Crematorium (Lorimer Chapel) on Friday 7th April at 2.00pm.

R.I.P. wee man.

On behalf of my family and Alan's wife Carol, I would like to thank everyone for their kind words. Alan's passions in life were following the Hearts, photography and his wife Carol (not necessarily in that order though :smiley2:).

Alan renewed his season ticket for this year with the hope that he would be able watch the Hearts again in person. Sadly, his illness prevented him from doing this, but he never stopped following the team. It saddened me that we could not attend the matches together, as we had done for many years. As well as being my brother, he was also my football buddy and it will be a big gap in my life to no longer be able to share the highs and lows of the club with him. I had just started to get used to his long lanky legs encroaching into my space as we sat next to each other.

For anyone that is interested, Alan's funeral will be at Warriston Crematorium (Lorimer Chapel) on Friday 7th April at 2.00pm.

R.I.P. wee man.

:(

I will be there next Friday. My thoughts are with you, Carol and your family x

RIP fellow Jambo, far too young.

I am currenily watching the Rio Ferdinand doc on BBC just now about his young wife dying 10 weeks after she was diagonised with that ******* of an illness cancer and I am in bits watching this and I am not afraid to say that, life is sometimes/quite often shit.

Archived