***Heart of Midlothian V Celtic***official match thread***

Beats

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's simple for me.If we can do nothing else please do not let them win the title at Tynecasle .A lot can be forgiven if we don't give them that satisfaction.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rescued the match thread from the bottom of page 2. :) All looking forward to Sunday

Nookie Bear

Will go one of two ways:

A good fighting performance and maybe draw or narrow defeat - we go home content.

Or we get absolutely humped and Tynie gets very ugly.

kingantti1874

Will go one of two ways:

A good fighting performance and maybe draw or narrow defeat - we go home content.

Honestly I've got no faith at all that we won't get utterly pumped.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Honestly I've got no faith at all that we won't get utterly pumped.

We will get beat but we will be up for it. Shower of Charlatans will know it's a game in the public eye

MacDonald Jardine

Will go one of two ways:

I suspect it will get very empty before it gets too ugly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fear the worst tomorrow. Just want to see some organisation, fight & 100% effort.

Travelling down from the NE in the morning staying at the Dunstable House Hotel. Where's best for a few beers around there with the wife tomorrow night?

Fear the worst tomorrow. Just want to see some organisation, fight & 100% effort.

Travelling down from the NE in the morning staying at the Dunstable House Hotel. Where's best for a few beers around there with the wife tomorrow night?

Hope you've booked the hotel for two nights then.

Hope you've booked the hotel for two nights then.

Why mate? Stay Saturday night, football Sunday and Travel home after the match?

No evidence for a thrashing, narrow Celtic win

That's my thought ......2 or 3 one...

Bazzas right boot

Mm they beat us 4-0 last time with no dembele or Griffith's, was Sinclair out as well?

Plenty evidence a humping Could unfold... But i don't think we'll win by that much, Celtic are a decent side!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Going out to a show tomorrow night which means I'll miss the game. Result!

Sir Gio, on 29 Mar 2017 - 1:20 PM, said:snapback.png

They are 17 games unbeaten against us (15 defeats and 2 draws).

They have scored 51 goals in those 17 games, averaging exactly 3 a game. We have scored 8 goals, less than .5 a goal each game.

The stats are staggeringly bad over that period of time. There is EVERY reason to think it could be another 3 or 4 goal defeat.

After what most would consider our biggest ever result against Rangers (1998 Cup Final) we then beat them at Tynecastle in our very next game before failing to beat them on 24 consecutive occasions. After what many would consider our biggest ever result against Celtic, at least this who were not present in 1956 (the 2006 semi -final) we have then failed to beat them on 17 consecutive occasions. These are the worst run of results against both in our history. 

Bowmans_Boot

I like Cathro but the team needs to do (even some of) what he promises. He spoke before the game at Parkhead about how we would take the game to them, push them etc and absolutely didnt do any of that.

Bazzas right boot

Griffiths and dembele being out must be a bit of good news for us

They missed the last game, 4-0 them.

One thing I'll say about the Vlad era amongst the chaos is we definitely developed more belief as a club when playing Celtic.

The attitude always has to come from the top and drip feed. Good or bad.

It's a real pity. We were taking small steps towards believing each time we played them we could get something.

No points from this one in my view. More damage limitation. That Celtic side could wipe us out like that cup game under Locke years ago.

I think they (especially Brown and the Scots in their side) will want a big win at Tynie to seal it. So they'll be fired up.

0-3 best case scenario. Reckon it will be 0-5 if we set up as we usually do under Cathro.

I'd go out to pack the defence and sit in:

Hamilton

Struna Nowack Hughes Avlonitis Sowah

Cowie Kitchen Djoum

Walker

Isma

Hit them on the counter when possible.

Bazzas right boot

We can't afford to start slow.

a slow start like we generally do and it will be all over by 25 minutes.

confident of a wee shock tho. 3-2 us!

Lincon Premier

The only thing worse than an international break is having Celtic at home where they could win the title. However I am air brushing this game ( unless we win ) and focusing on the next . St J will be the catalyst. Lose that game and all hell will break loose.

As much as I would love the win I can see the officials going over board to allow them the title at Tynie. Winning the title with an unbeaten record is too big a prize for the crap officials to miss. So like I said moving on to the St J game with fingers crossed for the Celtic game, but with no real hope.

We can't afford to start slow.

a slow start like we generally do and it will be all over by 25 minutes.

confident of a wee shock tho. 3-2 us!

Well Cathro has a plan and we will be playing at a high tempo and doing our work which actually means the opposite if previous games where he said exactly the same thing are anything to go by.

I am hoping that we go out there and get right in their faces from the very first seconds and if we do that then we will get the noise levels up from our fans and that will help them but I tend to think that won't happen or they won't allow it to happen.

Hope I am wrong and we at least give them a game to remember even if they do win.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What is our worst home defeat since promotion?

No evidence for a thrashing. Get a grip you pathetic shower of towel chucking sad sack pant wetting cowardly losers

:fth:

No evidence for a thrashing. Get a grip you pathetic shower of towel chucking sad sack pant wetting cowardly losers

Go and just say what you feel instead of dressing it up will you?

A_A wehatethehibs

The end of the season can't come quick enough so we can punt the following pathetic shower of towel chucking sad sack pant wetting losers:

-Noring

-Avlonitis

-Sowah

-Kitchen (200k maybe)

-Tziolis

-Djoum (should get 1million for him)

-Buaben

-Choulay

-Nicholson

-Sammon

-Bikey (already punted)

And get a grip of 11 replacement players who might put our squad back at a level where we're in with a shout of genuinely competing with Celtic over 90mins, rather than having to keep our fingers crossed for a fluke miracle result.

Nigeria international defender Juwon Oshaniwa says he is determined to fight for a place in the Hearts first team after falling out of favour at the Scottish Premiership side.

Oshaniwa, 26, signed a three-year contract when he arrived at Hearts in the summer of 2015, making 25 appearances in his first season.

But the left-back, who has 17 caps and played in all of the Super Eagles' matches at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, has not featured for the club this season.

"Things change quickly in football and I can only keep on fighting to get my chance," Oshaniwa told BBC Sport.

"People have been asking me what's going on in Scotland, and the only explanation I can give is that - this is football.

"When I joined up with the Nigerian squad in England [last month] it's the same question but I believe with hard work I'll get another chance."

Oshaniwa and his compatriot, Celtic defender Efe Ambrose, won the 2013 African Cup of Nations with Nigeria in South Africa, but have both fallen off the international radar due to club inaction.

While Ambrose has dropped down a division to play on loan at Hibernian, Oshaniwa - who has a contract with Hearts until May 2018 - is still keen to prove himself at Tynecastle.

He added: "I can't give up. I know giving up is not an option so I'll keep up the fight

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39467197

Nigeria international defender Juwon Oshaniwa says he is determined to fight for a place in the Hearts first team after falling out of favour at the Scottish Premiership side.

Oshaniwa, 26, signed a three-year contract when he arrived at Hearts in the summer of 2015, making 25 appearances in his first season.

But the left-back, who has 17 caps and played in all of the Super Eagles' matches at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, has not featured for the club this season.

"Things change quickly in football and I can only keep on fighting to get my chance," Oshaniwa told BBC Sport.

"People have been asking me what's going on in Scotland, and the only explanation I can give is that - this is football.

"When I joined up with the Nigerian squad in England [last month] it's the same question but I believe with hard work I'll get another chance."

Oshaniwa and his compatriot, Celtic defender Efe Ambrose, won the 2013 African Cup of Nations with Nigeria in South Africa, but have both fallen off the international radar due to club inaction.

While Ambrose has dropped down a division to play on loan at Hibernian, Oshaniwa - who has a contract with Hearts until May 2018 - is still keen to prove himself at Tynecastle.

He added: "I can't give up. I know giving up is not an option so I'll keep up the fight

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39467197

Sales pitch, hopefully be away in the summer

gashauskis9

Do Celtic fans still celebrate winning the league? That's the equivalent of me celebrating having a bigger tadger than the mrs.

Hughes out again....who in their right mind would offer him a deal for next season.

Total waste of our time and money since we signed him

gashauskis9

Hughes out again....who in their right mind would offer him a deal for next season.

Aye, imagine getting injured eh?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He should be considered a squad player next season and paid accordingly.

If he is considered the basis for the defence, I would agree that would be unwise

Bad feeling about tomorrow, part of me can't even be bothered going in some sense.

But, needless to say, I'll be there supporting the boys as ever.

letsalldothebeattie

Hearts 0-5 Celtic. Think we will get absolutely destroyed tomorrow. Celtic know a win will clinch them 6 in a row and I think they will want to do it in style. Aside from Rangers this would be the game they want to clinch the title. Can see them scoring early and not stopping.

I worry about us lately and think an early Celtic goal and we will crumble. I'm saying 5 but might be a lot more.

Really not looking forward to this one tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maroonnicky63

Hearts 0-5 Celtic. Think we will get absolutely destroyed tomorrow. Celtic know a win will clinch them 6 in a row and I think they will want to do it in style. Aside from Rangers this would be the game they want to clinch the title. Can see them scoring early and not stopping.

I worry about us lately and think an early Celtic goal and we will crumble. I'm saying 5 but might be a lot more.

Really not looking forward to this one tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you feel so positive

maroonnicky63

The end of the season can't come quick enough so we can punt the following pathetic shower of towel chucking sad sack pant wetting losers:

-Noring

-Avlonitis

-Sowah

-Kitchen (200k maybe)

-Tziolis

-Djoum (should get 1million for him)

-Buaben

-Choulay

-Nicholson

-Sammon

-Bikey (already punted)

And get a grip of 11 replacement players who might put our squad back at a level where we're in with a shout of genuinely competing with Celtic over 90mins, rather than having to keep our fingers crossed for a fluke miracle result.

I am sure all the players mentioned will be delighted to get rid of your kind of support as well so basically works both ways

maroonnicky63

No points from this one in my view. More damage limitation. That Celtic side could wipe us out like that cup game under Locke years ago.

I think they (especially Brown and the Scots in their side) will want a big win at Tynie to seal it. So they'll be fired up.

0-3 best case scenario. Reckon it will be 0-5 if we set up as we usually do under Cathro.

I'd go out to pack the defence and sit in:

Hamilton

Struna Nowack Hughes Avlonitis Sowah

Cowie Kitchen Djoum

Walker

Isma

Hit them on the counter when possible.

Utter rubbish why the hell would you sit in at home against a team like Celtic , the full backs alone would kill you. What a terrible terrible attitude and formation. If you are going to beat Celtic you need to match them not run away and say ok come and get us. RUBBISH UTTER RUBBISH

Elias Henry Furst

Stop using his injury to try and cover the fact that you were wrong about him signing in the first place.

You assured us he was past it and wouldn't be able to handle the SPFL after playing in India.

Reality is somewhat different of course in that when he did sign for us it was abundantly clear he was our best centre half. Souttar may well go on to claim that title but I'd argue he has a better chance of doing so if Hughes is still around.

A one year deal seems fair to me. Thankfully it appears the management agree.

maroonnicky63

Just reading through some of this crap and you need to get a grip guys, you spend so much time on here saying how crap the players are and how negative they are. Just look at the post on here we must be the most negative fans in the premiership neither wonder the players are not performing. A lot are saying 3 4 or 5 nil for Celtic but you will still come on here and slate then for it.RUBBISH SUPPORT

Don't know what significant changes we can make to the team that'll benefit us?

We are at the stage where we can only hope our players decide they have a backbone and are up for the fight tomorrow.

Id like to see us go back to how it started with the new players when they came in. Put Goncalves wider again and let him drift inside. I don't overly rate Johnsen but I'd stick him through the middle and see if he can be bothered.

Kitchen, Tzilios and Djoum is the best we can muster in the middle. Walker of course in there too.

Stop using his injury to try and cover the fact that you were wrong about him signing in the first place.

You assured us he was past it and wouldn't be able to handle the SPFL after playing in India.

Reality is somewhat different of course in that when he did sign for us it was abundantly clear he was our best centre half. Souttar may well go on to claim that title but I'd argue he has a better chance of doing so if Hughes is still around.

A one year deal seems fair to me. Thankfully it appears the management agree.

Says more about our other centre halfs than anything else

Archived