***Heart of Midlothian V Celtic***official match thread***

Beats

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cruyff Turn

Looking at things pragmatically we don't have much of a chance.

Celtic at -2 is free money I'm afraid to say.

This is their big day, there is absolutely no chance that they are going to disrespect us and think all they need to do is turn up to win. They'll be looking to win in style and I think trying to play an open game against them would be detrimental.

To get anything from this game we need to park the bus and hit them on the break.

Sorry chaps, can't see anything but a defeat.

Effort and desire please and chins up.

As long as we give that then I'll be happier than recently.

I have a feeling it's going to be a score draw 2-2

I'll go optimistic but it's going to be very difficult as they are so far ahead. That coupled with the inevitable referee bias

Malinga the Swinga

An early goal for us and you never know. Had a shitty month or so recently and looking for this as a pick me up nothing to support this other than being a hearts supporter so let's go for a famous 3-1 win. Goncalves with an early goal and a second half an hour in. Celtic to pull one back with a dodgy penalty with 10 minutes to go and although we are down to 10 men due to straight red being given incorrectly, we hit them on the break and Walker scores 3rd. TV evidence later proves that we should have had penalty in 1st half and that they should have had Brown sent off.

What's the point of being a supporter if you don't believe your team will win.

weegie jambo

I recall applauding them onto Tynecastle last day of the season as champions then stuffing them 4-1 or 4-0. OK the league was won but it can be done and that was the Lisbon Lions era too!

weegie jambo

An early goal for us and you never know. Had a shitty month or so recently and looking for this as a pick me up nothing to support this other than being a hearts supporter so let's go for a famous 3-1 win. Goncalves with an early goal and a second half an hour in. Celtic to pull one back with a dodgy penalty with 10 minutes to go and although we are down to 10 men due to straight red being given incorrectly, we hit them on the break and Walker scores 3rd. TV evidence later proves that we should have had penalty in 1st half and that they should have had Brown sent off.

What's the point of being a supporter if you don't believe your team will win.

That sounds like a pretty fair assessment of most games v them apart from the Hearts goals!

Malinga the Swinga

That sounds like a pretty fair assessment of most games v them apart from the Hearts goals!

Let us hope it is a fair assessment of Sunday's game.

jamtartan74

Strangely confident of getting a result here, not sure why but I will go for 3-1 with a Walker double and Goncalves.

Watt-Zeefuik

Apologies is this is geographically limited to outside the UK, but it seemed time to post this.

Haven't watched it in a bit.  Skacel is still magic, Hooper is still offside, it's still a handball on both Ledley and Wanyama, Lennon still looks like a frog, and that celebration is still among the greatest I've ever seen.

IveSeenTheLight

the worst thing is i think they will already have the title won as i have a feeling aberdeen wont beat dundee

Celtic need 3 points to wrap up the title formally.

So Dundee would have to beat us for Celtic to have already won the title.

A draw for us on Friday and Celtic still need a point to wrap up the title.

I think we'll win 0-1 or 1-2 on Friday night though.

Bowmans_Boot

I think it will be a game where absolutely everything clicks for us: work rate, passion, high tempo football and quality passing.

3-1 Hearts, Isma (2) & Jamie Walker.

Enough of this international rubbish. We are back to domestic business on Sunday.

It will be a tough game obviously. I just hope we can stop that scummy lot winning the league at Tynecastle.

Sadly I can't see past an away win. But let's see some fight and some desire.

Hearts 1-3 Celtic.

Djoum for us.

Live on Sky Sports I believe.

Every time we play that shower on Sky Sports, we get thumped. Can't see passed a 0-2 loss because septic will want the league tied up sooner rather than later.

They'll be right up for this, seen nothing in us lately to suggest we'll have the heart to show any resistance. I fear they'll score as many as they feel like !

I'm at a point now where I don't really have any negative reaction to bad displays and results. I'm going along to games these days just to enjoy being at the football; a result and performance to go with it is a bonus.

I'm looking forward to Sunday. No doubt we'll probably get pumped, but this Hearts team are capable of turning it on and surprising us when we least expect it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Future's Maroon

A win would be a brilliant result for us and not impossible, I have a sneaky for a draw though.

Can never, and never will, predict a loss for us.

Ref is Kevin Clancy.

:sob: Ah well I'll prepare for a long afternoon with Hearts.tv for company and JKB for support during the 90 minutes of football or hoofball depending on our tactics on Sunday.

One of the last big games in front of the old stand, so I'm strangely looking forward to it. Let's go out and show positivity and determination, if that fails kick the ****ers off the park :lol:

One of the last big games in front of the old stand, so I'm strangely looking forward to it. Let's go out and show positivity and determination, if that fails kick the ****ers off the park :lol:

Not sure we can do either to be honest, hope so but doubt it especially the latter.

Bowmans_Boot

Every time we play that shower on Sky Sports, we get thumped. Can't see passed a 0-2 loss because septic will want the league tied up sooner rather than later.

Like we were "thumped" in the first game this season? And one of their goals should have been disallowed.

Read somewhere that if they avoid defeat to us, they will beat an unbeaten record they set in 1916/17.

Bet they're really proud of that.

Bazzas right boot

5-1 Hertz ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brown and Gordon sent off with Celtic 1-0 up.

Hearts to score 5 in the last 20 minutes.

Can't see anything other than a Celtic win possibly 2-1. I am not basing this on Hearts poor form of late but more on it's what Celtic have been doing all season.  But wouldn't it just be great if we were first team to beat them......................

Harry Potter

Might work in our favour as they might take their eye off the ball and they wont officially win the league at Tynecastle whatever happens

Eye off the ball, rather doubt that, 2-0 them, im working, 

August Landmesser

I dreamt that Scott Brown was sent off for two yellows. We still lost 8-2 though.

Off those two events, I think the sending off is less likely to happen.

2-1 Celtic, 1-0 them, 1-1, 2-1 late on in classic sickening fashion.

Jambof3tornado

I dreamt that Scott Brown was sent off for two yellows. We still lost 8-2 though.

Off those two events, I think the sending off is less likely to happen.

2-1 Celtic, 1-0 them, 1-1, 2-1 late on in classic sickening fashion.

I'd rather lose 4 nil than have them get a late winner.

The game will be over after 20 mins. Sadly we don't have anything that will stop Celtic (nor does any Scottish team). 0-5 Celtic.

Goncalves totally isolated up front and provided with horrendous service again.

Celtic will toally dominate from start to finish.

Can't see how this will be anything other than a solid win for Celtic, they want to get over the line and win the league and they want to keep their unbeaten run going, we won't be able to stop them doing any of that I'm afraid but I'll be there, hoping, just in case!

Let's get right behind the team on Sunday even if we lose can't think of anything worse than them partying at tynecastle so let's drown them out from start too finish come on hearts!!

Let's get right behind the team on Sunday even if we lose can't think of anything worse than them partying at tynecastle so let's drown them out from start too finish come on hearts!!

:davebp:

Tbf all I want is for the team to show some effort desire and willingness to fight for the team. If we lose but the team shows this while we will be disappointed at least they will have tried

Can't see past a dry humping tbh. I think I mentioned before that I'd stay until they score their first. The more time that's went by I'm thinking 2-0 to them gives me enough time to try out one of the currys as I don't usually venture from a pie and bovril.

Should the miraculous happen and we score early or even show signs of a decent performance then I'm quite happy staying for most of the game. Otherwise I'd rather not subject my ears to the bile likely to be coming from the away end.

Any idea if the Thumb will be fit.

If he is stand by for another GIRFUY from him!  :bomb2:

Archived