Furthest you have travelled to see Hearts

jambo1961

millerjames398

I think it was the Fairs Cup, Lausanne Sports were supposed to be "bunch of part time schoolteachers". The match at Tynecastle was to be a certain victory. We drew that as well but lost in a play-off. Tommy Traynor was quality and I still have his autograph!

What was interesting about Tommy is that he was ever present and never seemed to get injured. "Fast" best described him. You are lucky to be related.

PS I can STILL smell that Bus!!!! God it was ganting, my Mother threw most of the clothes I had on away.

That's the game I was thinking of,he was a bit of a celebrity to me and my dad,although he played years before I was even born ,my dad watched him week in week out, he came from Dunipace jnrs,and I'm sure it was Tommy walker and John Cummings who went to his mums house in Bonnybridge to ask him to sign for the hearts he shook hands on it,a couple days later Sean fallon and the local priest turned up to his house and asked him to sign for celtic,they thought him being Catholic it was a foregone conclusion he would sign for them,but as he'd shook hands on signing for hearts that was that ,he wouldn't go back on his word to hearts,they left slightly confused as he'd not signed on paper [emoji23] after hearts he moved to Dundee utd but hated working with wee jum,I'm sure it was Falkirk after utd,he then emigrated to Australia to take up a coaching role,then latterly he was working in the building trade,unfortunately he took a heart attack at the wheel of his jeep and passed away this was around 96/97,any stories you can remember of him as a player would be appreciated as I never saw him play,just seen the odd clip on YouTube(a header at easter rd)round about 67/68[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hearts Heritage

Before I moved back to Musselburgh. I worked out that I'd travelled something like 550,000 miles to watch the JTs up and down from Tonbridge. Not quite "I'd walk a million miles". 

millerjames398

Looked this out for you, don't know if you've see it before.

18f2caf4d29fb47e42a7e9b90a9803f2.jpg

072c6cc282e75bf465fa94db08fb5aac.jpg

Tommy's holding the ball in this pic.

Thanks a lot mate that's top class,much appreciated[emoji106] my old man used to tell me about him playing for us, but there's not a lot of footage on YouTube, obviously not the coverage players get now a days ,so thanks again farin.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Maroon Sailor

Cruicky looks tiny in that phot

Alan Anderson looks like someone you'd like to have in your team as well

Archived