How old and how long had you been attending...

John Findlay

Phil Dunphy

The first trophy I saw us win first hand (I wasn't at the final in 1998) was the cup in 2006.

I was 19 and had been attending regularly since I was 12.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First game Sept '73 v Hubs. I was 10 years old. We won 4-1. I wanted to go back to games because of the atmosphere that day, I had never experienced anything like it before.

Only had to wait a mere 26 years for the cup win in '98. There were many dark years in between.

scottish_chicP

Got my first season ticket in 97/98. I was 12. Dad wouldn't let me go before then :(

Went to my first game with my cousin who is now a Hibs fan :lol: against Dundee Utd in 2002 aged 12. Won 2-0 that day.

Can still remember the gates opening bang on 2pm at the Roseburn end and walking along the concourse with butterflies stepping out and seeing all 3 stands in the blazing sunshine that day. Could sort of said I was star truck sitting in my seat thinking I'm finally here to watch the team I support.

The White Cockade

56 this year

Dad first started taking me late 60's

Lot of reserve games, colts games and odd first team game till early 70's

from mid 70's hardly missed a game home or away till emigrated in 1996

just in time to miss the Cup wins

lived away from Scotland since then so now survive on a couple of trips to Tynie a year

and watching games on Hearts TV

Ctown Jambo

Started going to games in 72/73 and was 33 when we won the cup in 98 - so a 26 year wait - my son is 18 this year and had seen us win the cup twice by the time he was 13 - life's not fair!!! 

Ando senior

My first game was in Aberdeen in march 1963 we got beat 2-

1 I think Ernie Winchester scored both goals for them

My dad worked for British rail so we had free travel until

we joined the ace of hearts club ( I was the first junior member )

Seen many a crap team over the years never stopped me going

home and away for over 35 years.

Sadly this is the first season I haven't bean to a game due to medical reasons

But Hearts will always be part of me forever.

Got a 3 year old grandson to support the famous for me know .

HHGH

North Berwick Jambo

First game was against Raith at Tynecastle in 1982 aged about 12, I had been asking my old man to take me since I was about 8 or 9 but he refused saying it was too violent. So one day I thought sod it & I made my own way to the ground on my bike and stood outside the turnstiles until some bloke told me to just jump over & run in. I will never forget the sight of all the scarfs & the level of the noise inside the ground. I am sure we won 2-0 or 2-1 & I was hooked for life. Had to wait another 16 years till I was 28 to finally see that glorious day at Parkhead in 1998.

Forza Cuore

First match was a 1-1 draw with St Mirren mid 70s. Fans swapped ends at half time can remember a bit of nonsense and my Dad putting us into the track out the way.

Was 27 at the Cup Final. Surreal moment after all the disappointment.

i wish jj was my dad

First game was in 1978 v Partick on the back of three cracking results against Hibs, Aberdeen and Celtic.  I was five and we lost. It felt like a long time before I saw us win and my formative years put our current position well into perspective.  

Captain America

Early 90s when I started going. I would have been 8 or 9. 

Was 14 when we won cup in 98'

Honestly can't remember my first game, around 1996 probably, first season ticket aged 8 in 1998, next year will be my 20th consecutive season ticket anniversary.

Mon the hertz.

132goals1958

My uncle started taking me when I was a nine year old and for some reason  my earliest memory was a game against East Fife. Possibly it sticks in my mind as I got an autograph from a guy called Sammy Stewart who lived in Musselburgh near my uncle.He was a quality left back for East Fife and the other player who was a sort of cult figure for them was a forward Charlie (Legs ) Fleming. Fortunate enough to experience the league cup win  against Motherwell when the King scored a hat trick. In total I have savoured four league cups, four Scottish cups  and two league titles.Also lucky enough to have seen the best Scottish player in my lifetime (imo) the late great Dave Mackay.

18 years attending and 18 years old in 98!

Most emotional part of the day for me n my mate was meeting back up with our dads at the bus. Seeing them after their 40 year waits and the sheer joy was beyond emotional!

The first Hearts game I saw was a 2-1 win versus Motherwell in October 1962.  The following week we won the league cup at Hampden but I wasn't there. I saw us lose the league to Kilmarnock, Scottish cup finals to Dunfermline, Rangers and Aberdeen and the Texaco cup final to Wolves. Couldn't get a ticket in '98 so the first trophy I actually witnessed was the cup v Gretna in 2006 and that wasn't exactly convincing. A wait of 44 years to see us win silverware.

I'll be 70 in a few weeks and I still believe we'll win the league in the next few years. Mind you I thought that when I left the ground in '65.

Stephen Muddie

He was 20 was he not?

i made two mistakes reading his post haha

One was "it'd have been" instead of "I'd have been" and the other was reading "2012" instead of the actual "2002"

God knows how I've done that. Maybe I was gassed or something. Hope this explains. My best subject was English btw hahaha

Why not just answer the fecking question properly anyway lol

SectionDJambo

First game was Moscow Torpedo in 1962. We won 6-0. I was desperate to go back but my dad worked weekends and the winter that year wiped out football for weeks. I finally pestered him into taking me to Kilmarnock at home, a mid week game in the new year. We lost 3-2, with Gordon Marshall taken off with concussion and John Cumming, I think, going in goals.

So many near misses, disappointments and absolutely terrible teams until the Gorgie Legends of 1998. I didn't drink to celebrate that night. I wanted to remember it and be fit to drive into town the next day to see something I thought I never would see. The open top bus.

• 2 weeks later...
maroonlegions

Since the 1970s, was at the game when Bannon scored with a header that won us promotion from the 1st Division ,  have followed Hearts all over the place as a kid and in my teens.

Anyone recognise anyone from this picture of the fans leaving the auld shed after a game.??

17523033_1105766076202063_30975328735766

Loved my time as a teenager in the Shed, pure PHM and the baws to go with it. "the Gorgie Fist"..  :2thumbsup:

FTH.

Archived