More Tory lies

aussieh

Thunderstruck
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

That’ll be time. (Although I suspect you knew it mean GMT & the autumn/spring clocks changing). 

Have you read through the rest of the list? 

“Architect”?

”Auditor”?

Is there more than just a hint of “padding”?

Was it compiled prior to the Scotland Act 2016?

Beware the danger of using the memes that pervade the Internet, you don’t know if they are (as seems to be the norm) compiled by idiots. 

#factcheck. 

• Replies 27.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Thunderstruck said:

Have you read through the rest of the list? 

“Architect”?

”Auditor”?

Is there more than just a hint of “padding”?

Was it compiled prior to the Scotland Act 2016?

Beware the danger of using the memes that pervade the Internet, you don’t know if they are (as seems to be the norm) compiled by idiots. 

#factcheck. 

Feck that! Lies & propaganda are the order of the day from your lot. I’m joining in!

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Over 81,000 people have died within 3 years of Tory cuts to benefits & sanctions. 

Read it from this tory publication:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/459106/mortality-statistics-esa-ib-sda.pdf

Murderous filth. 

81,140 human souls to be exact. 

Let that sink in the next time you see May laughing at the dispatch box. 

4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I thought this was about Tory lies not labour ones! 

Oh deary me.......!..........In plane sight.....!

Anyone got Solar panels?

You get paid for any excess electricity that your panels generate and you feed back into the grid?

This scheme will be getting scrapped next year with no replacement however; any excess electricity that you generate will still be fed back into the grid and the large multi-national energy corporations will be able to SELL this back to you and me for a profit whilst you get heehaw.

Yet another tory bright idea to shaft the average man and give something for free to their rich chums on top of all the tax breaks and price rises they allow them (oh an feck the environment as well).

Welcome to tory britain. You should be proud Mundell voters!

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Anyone got Solar panels?

You get paid for any excess electricity that your panels generate and you feed back into the grid?

This scheme will be getting scrapped next year with no replacement however; any excess electricity that you generate will still be fed back into the grid and the large multi-national energy corporations will be able to SELL this back to you and me for a profit whilst you get heehaw.

Yet another tory bright idea to shaft the average man and give something for free to their rich chums on top of all the tax breaks and price rises they allow them (oh an feck the environment as well).

Welcome to tory britain. You should be proud Mundell voters!

Anyone who has got solar panels already will not be affected, its only new installations after April 2019. Solar panels have reduced in price so much that subsidies are no longer required….Might be a good idea to check details before setting off on an anti Tory rant.

1 hour ago, jambo lodge said:

Anyone who has got solar panels already will not be affected, its only new installations after April 2019. Solar panels have reduced in price so much that subsidies are no longer required….Might be a good idea to check details before setting off on an anti Tory rant.

So folk are to be happy supplying electricity FOC to EDF et-al and getting heehaw for it?

Sounds like a tory dream come true.

6 hours ago, jambo lodge said:

I think all new builds will fitted with them too. Not atm the but soon.

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I think all new builds will fitted with them too. Not atm the but soon.

All new builds " should be " fitted with some form of renewable energy to make the country self sufficient in energy..

Just now, jambo lodge said:

All new builds " should be " fitted with some form of renewable energy to make the country self sufficient in energy..

:spoton:

4 hours ago, jambo lodge said:

I agree. Maybe then Westminster can stop paying £Billions to support nuclear etc. Whilst ripping off its own citizens. 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

The Europeans seem to think the tories are doing a ‘sterling’ job...

1E0B5A4B-7943-4AA4-9446-3A6BA55BFCB6.jpeg

The days National is better. Mundell knows the union is toast. 

Northern Ireland Secretary has admitted that she hasn't got a clue about the political state of affairs in the province.

She had no idea that Unionist areas never, ever voted Republican and that Republican areas never, ever voted Unionist.

:vrface: 

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Northern Ireland Secretary has admitted that she hasn't got a clue about the political state of affairs in the province.

She had no idea that Unionist areas never, ever voted Republican and that Republican areas never, ever voted Unionist.

:vrface: 

Apply for a job, get an interview, show the necessary skills and compantances for the post, if you can then get you get the job. Not if your a Tory minister. How F......g bizarre is this. 

Just now, Jambo Jim said:

Apply for a job, get an interview, show the necessary skills and compantances for the post, if you can then get you get the job. Not if your a Tory minister. How F......g bizarre is this. 

Give it until tomorrow and the Daily Mail will blame it on Corbyn.

On 05/09/2018 at 18:21, Pans Jambo said:

I think that about covers it. I would only add that theres a collective who have been sold the lie and are that deep in the lie that its become their reality. Some of whom post regularly on here. 

We really should show them our pity. 

They are most likely beyond the perception of what the term pity means, they have none.

They will even see no wrong in the below either, IDS , the cold reptile of the poor.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

12 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

They are most likely beyond the perception of what the term pity means, they have none.

They will even see no wrong in the below either, IDS , the cold reptile of the poor.

Aye £210 a month to pay for food, rent, council tax, gas, electric, clothing & your BBC tax? Good luck with that one IDS ya dick!

On 07/09/2018 at 20:21, Jambo Jim said:

Not really we live in a parliamentary democracy. Nicola Sturgeon trained as a lawyer. She was Health then Infrastructure Minister. We elect representatives to form governments and take up political leadership posts. Simple as. The idea you need to be an expert in something as a politician kind of misses the point entirely - the experts work for politicians and advise and assist in policy formation.

Her comments were ill advised - at the same time very honest - but if we start demanding you be an expert for a political role then you move away from representative democracy as we know it and end up with a technocracy - government by experts.

Edited by JamboX2

2 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Not really we live in a parliamentary democracy. Nicola Sturgeon trained as a lawyer. She was Health then Infrastructure Minister. We elect representatives to form governments and take up political leadership posts. Simple as. The idea you need to be an expert in something as a politician kind of misses the point entirely - the experts work for politicians and advise and assist in policy formation.

Her comments were ill advised - at the same time very honest - but if we start demanding you be an expert for a political role then you move away from representative democracy as we know it and end up with a technocracy - government by experts.

That explains the brexit negotiations, as clearly no one knows what the feck they are doing!

6 minutes ago, Boris said:

That explains the brexit negotiations, as clearly no one knows what the feck they are doing!

Dunno if I'd go that far. I'd say people know how to do it. Not necessarily what it is they want though. Which is why Art.50 shouldn't have been served.

But I digress, the fact is a technocracy is not what a representative democracy is supposed to throw up. The NI Secretary job is one which would baffle most British people who've had 0 history in NI politics. It was honest of her to say what she did if not misguided.

9 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Dunno if I'd go that far. I'd say people know how to do it. Not necessarily what it is they want though. Which is why Art.50 shouldn't have been served.

But I digress, the fact is a technocracy is not what a representative democracy is supposed to throw up. The NI Secretary job is one which would baffle most British people who've had 0 history in NI politics. It was honest of her to say what she did if not misguided.

You would hope that anyone involved in politics at that level would have a little understanding of the nuances of politics within the uk.

Honest, yes, but highlights how the rest of the U.K. Is viewed by our rulers.

25 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

I don’t expect elected officials to be ”experts” but I do expect them to have at least a basic understanding of the department they run. Her comment to me shows that you can be a idiot in anything and the experts will run or indeed “ assist”  the policy for you. Not sure where that leaves the point of elective democracy and the trust I give to the politician I help elect. 

9 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

April 2013.

10 hours ago, Boris said:

You would hope that anyone involved in politics at that level would have a little understanding of the nuances of politics within the uk.

Honest, yes, but highlights how the rest of the U.K. Is viewed by our rulers.

I think there's far too much virtue signalling going on here. To draw a comparison with the Scottish government: Minister for Island Communities is a post in government. Not one holder of the job has represented an island community. Having grown up myself on the mainland all my life what do I know of Island life? 

Agree on your first point. But in her interview she is saying she understood it was different but didn't understand the scale of difference. I don't fully understand NI politics myself. My mate's fiance is from NI and I've worked with many folk from NI but they'd always add more to an already confusing puzzle. So I'm not sure why we think a politician should know more before taking on a job. They're human too. 

Daft comment but hardly a reason for the fury that's been created.

10 hours ago, Jambo Jim said:

I don’t expect elected officials to be ”experts” but I do expect them to have at least a basic understanding of the department they run. Her comment to me shows that you can be a idiot in anything and the experts will run or indeed “ assist”  the policy for you. Not sure where that leaves the point of elective democracy and the trust I give to the politician I help elect. 

The full interview in House Magazine slows she understood the role of the department she was about to run. She knew what the NI office does - maintain the peace deal, be a neutral arbiter and run reserved services (the few that remain). What she didn't get was the complete (and extent of the) factionalisation of the situation in NI politics. 

For someone who hasn't grown up in a country where you either vote Union or Republic and then the various shades in between but for parties on policy terms I can see how she'd maybe be ignorant to the extent she was.

11 hours ago, JamboX2 said:

As a technocrat myself you have hit on one of the many reasons why democracy is a f***ing dumpster fire, we've given it a try but it's been played out beyond all use, and we need a fundamental change in how we run things, from the ground up.

59 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

I think there's far too much virtue signalling going on here. To draw a comparison with the Scottish government: Minister for Island Communities is a post in government. Not one holder of the job has represented an island community. Having grown up myself on the mainland all my life what do I know of Island life? 

Agree on your first point. But in her interview she is saying she understood it was different but didn't understand the scale of difference. I don't fully understand NI politics myself. My mate's fiance is from NI and I've worked with many folk from NI but they'd always add more to an already confusing puzzle. So I'm not sure why we think a politician should know more before taking on a job. They're human too. 

Daft comment but hardly a reason for the fury that's been created.

I'm guessing that with everything else that is happening, primarily Brexit, there may well be a sense within the other home nations that this Government doesn't really care about rUK, and is only interested in its base?

This merely highlights that?

4 hours ago, JamboX2 said:

The full interview in House Magazine slows she understood the role of the department she was about to run. She knew what the NI office does - maintain the peace deal, be a neutral arbiter and run reserved services (the few that remain). What she didn't get was the complete (and extent of the) factionalisation of the situation in NI politics. 

For someone who hasn't grown up in a country where you either vote Union or Republic and then the various shades in between but for parties on policy terms I can see how she'd maybe be ignorant to the extent she was.

I wouldn't mind the country being run by experts. Voting is waste of time. 

The slippery nasty party at it again.

THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

The Conservative party narrowly voted against Labour's bid to retain EU human rights measures in UK law post-Brexit last night by 311 votes to 301. Just one Conservative MP, Ken Clarke, defied the Government whip and voted for..

On 05/09/2018 at 18:21, Pans Jambo said:

I think that about covers it. I would only add that theres a collective who have been sold the lie and are that deep in the lie that its become their reality. Some of whom post regularly on here. 

We really should show them our pity. 

:greggy:

6 hours ago, Justin Z said:

As a technocrat myself you have hit on one of the many reasons why democracy is a f***ing dumpster fire, we've given it a try but it's been played out beyond all use, and we need a fundamental change in how we run things, from the ground up.

And how do we select our experts? Experts in selecting experts?

Just now, JamboX2 said:

And how do we select our experts? Experts in selecting experts?

I know :lol: It would probably never work. I just honestly am so done with democracy that I'm willing to try anything.

Guess we could start with me as world dictator. :look:

5 hours ago, Boris said:

I'm guessing that with everything else that is happening, primarily Brexit, there may well be a sense within the other home nations that this Government doesn't really care about rUK, and is only interested in its base?

This merely highlights that?

Dunno. I've recently moved out of Edinburgh to London for work. Aside from missing out on our best start to a season for what feels donkeys (Was at Celtic at home mind) the thing that has struck me is I can honestly say I am massively ignorant to what's happening here, the politics of it and that of where my flatmates are from (NW and NE England). So does that not just highlight ignorance overall? We're all in our own bubbles and the way politics is going isn't helping that but it is creating stronger identity politics as a consequence.

Almost every Tory MEP voted today to back Viktor Orban, the authoritarian Hungarian leader in a vote in the EU to censure him over; 

Attacks on press freedom, undermining of judicial independence, corruption, appropriation of EU funds for himself and his family members and repression of opposition (including an openly antisemitic attack against a Jewish businessman who supports the opposition).
The vote still passed by a two-thirds majority.

9 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Dunno. I've recently moved out of Edinburgh to London for work. Aside from missing out on our best start to a season for what feels donkeys (Was at Celtic at home mind) the thing that has struck me is I can honestly say I am massively ignorant to what's happening here, the politics of it and that of where my flatmates are from (NW and NE England). So does that not just highlight ignorance overall? We're all in our own bubbles and the way politics is going isn't helping that but it is creating stronger identity politics as a consequence.

Yeah, perhaps it does.  But then you aren't N Iron secretary! (are you?)

Enjoy London!

57 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I know :lol: It would probably never work. I just honestly am so done with democracy that I'm willing to try anything.

Guess we could start with me as world dictator. :look:

Fill your boots, Borat Z. 

45 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

:insufferable:

5 hours ago, Boris said:

Yeah, perhaps it does.  But then you aren't N Iron secretary! (are you?)

Enjoy London!

What's a Norn Ireland? ?

Cheers - I'll try! 

JC took TM to the cleaners at PMqs. So much so she had to revert to abuse. Not a single answer for Universal credit causing hardship to millions. Fecking filth! 

Truely vile party of made up  morally bankrupt individuals and insidious snakes.

Conservative MPs attacked the Archbishop of Canterbury yesterday for “parroting Labour policy” after he criticised the government and described the gig economy as “the reincarnation of an ancient evil”.

Days after backing tax rises for the rich, the Most Rev Justin Welby said that he would ignore pleas to “stay out of politics”.

Well there you have it. Tories attaching the church for being concerned about the poor.

Sounds about right.

Image may contain: text

THETIMES.CO.UK

Edited by maroonlegions

27 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Truely vile party of made up  morally bankrupt individuals and insidious snakes.

Conservative MPs attacked the Archbishop of Canterbury yesterday for “parroting Labour policy” after he criticised the government and described the gig economy as “the reincarnation of an ancient evil”.

Days after backing tax rises for the rich, the Most Rev Justin Welby said that he would ignore pleas to “stay out of politics”.

Well there you have it. Tories attaching the church for being concerned about the poor.

Sounds about right.

Image may contain: text

THETIMES.CO.UK

Did you watch PMqs? She's a sinister piece of shite. 

Thinking back to when May said in her pre -election speech that the NHS is safe in Tory hands.

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, text

:muggy:

:facepalm: