Academy Players - Any progressing to the First Team Squad

Howdy Doody Jambo

Jay Sandison is a PHM and his family are all hearts daft. He has worked so hard to get this contract and I really expect him to go all the way.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 6 in photo Harry Cochrane and Marc Leonard still to sign ?

Don't know much about any of them, but are these the two guys Celtic were sniffing about?

Diadora Van Basten

100% spot on with this comment. The U16 age group is very poor at boys club level with only two good teams who can rack up goals each week. One being Tynecastle the other being Portobello(Edina Hibs) with the latter not being as good as they were previous seasons. Players stand out mainly due to the opposition being poor. Good players? Yes but not to a level the previous poster thinks they are.

Tynecastle play Portobello today in the semi final of the Scottish Cup.

It's a 1pm kick off at Newtongrange juniors with the winner being a shoe in to win the competition.

Worth a watch if you fancy yourself as an amateur talent scout, want to enjoy the unseasonably good weather or if your having football withdrawals following the mind numbing boringness that is international weekend.

Tynecastle play Portobello today in the semi final of the Scottish Cup.

It's a 1pm kick off at Newtongrange juniors with the winner being a shoe in to win the competition.

Worth a watch if you fancy yourself as an amateur talent scout, want to enjoy the unseasonably good weather or if your having football withdrawals following the mind numbing boringness that is international weekend.

Tynecastle won 2-0 in a tight but poor game. The namesake striker Robertson scored just after half-time and again deep into injury time.

Diadora Van Basten

Tynecastle won 2-0 in a tight but poor game. The namesake striker Robertson scored just after half-time and again deep into injury time.

Couple of quality strikes!

Couple of quality strikes!

Great strikes! Shocking defending for the first considering portobello had the free kick in the Tynecastle half then punt Goal! Poor game but Tynecastle deserving of there place in the final DVB.

Footballfirst

I watched a bit of the U14s against Celtic this morning. Despite losing 5-2, they played well and contained the threat from Dembele & co. for much of the game, holding them at 1-1 until the last 20 minutes, when a quickfire double saw Celtic take charge. Hearts had a great chance to get back in the game at 4-2 down when the ball was headed off the line.  The final goal in stoppage time flattered Celtic.

kylelauren01

I watched a bit of the U14s against Celtic this morning. Despite losing 5-2, they played well and contained the threat from Dembele & co. for much of the game, holding them at 1-1 until the last 20 minutes, when a quickfire double saw Celtic take charge. Hearts had a great chance to get back in the game at 4-2 down when the ball was headed off the line. The final goal in stoppage time flattered Celtic.

Dembele back playing at his own age group certainly shows his under 20 appearance for what it really was - a stunt by Celtic to try and bump the fee up when they sell him.

Dembele back playing at his own age group certainly shows his under 20 appearance for what it really was - a stunt by Celtic to try and bump the fee up when they sell him.

Harsh the lad is some talent . I would just say usual Celtic that don't like to lose and knew they were up against a strong team so strengthened their team

kylelauren01

Harsh the lad is some talent . I would just say usual Celtic that don't like to lose and knew they were up against a strong team so strengthened their team

I know, I've watched him from when he was 10 years old, but despite that his appearances for Scotland u16's showed he is not ready to make that step up - far less the step up to 20's. I stand by my comment that it was a stunt by Celtic, who are aware of interest from down south, and seeing an opportunity to get even more money than they got from selling Feruz to Chelsea.

kylelauren01

I watched a bit of the U14s against Celtic this morning. Despite losing 5-2, they played well and contained the threat from Dembele & co. for much of the game, holding them at 1-1 until the last 20 minutes, when a quickfire double saw Celtic take charge. Hearts had a great chance to get back in the game at 4-2 down when the ball was headed off the line. The final goal in stoppage time flattered Celtic.

FF, any new faces in the Hearts side? I know they've taken another Fife lad in but not sure if it's at the game time stage yet.

I know, I've watched him from when he was 10 years old, but despite that his appearances for Scotland u16's showed he is not ready to make that step up - far less the step up to 20's. I stand by my comment that it was a stunt by Celtic, who are aware of interest from down south, and seeing an opportunity to get even more money than they got from selling Feruz to Chelsea.

20s is just a disgrace for a lad that age and size . What money would change hands if he does go to city which I hear is a done deal. Would he need to wait till 16?

kylelauren01

20s is just a disgrace for a lad that age and size . What money would change hands if he does go to city which I hear is a done deal. Would he need to wait till 16?

I don't know actual amounts but was speaking to Chris McCart who is Head of Youth Development at Celtic and he said money they got for Feruz was the sort of money they couldn't turn down, describing it as phenomenal. Read into that what you will and see why Celtic might want to push Kade's 'development'!

Footballfirst

FF, any new faces in the Hearts side? I know they've taken another Fife lad in but not sure if it's at the game time stage yet.

None that I was aware of. Ethan Dougal came on for the last 15 minutes, on his return after having been out injured for much of the season.

Jambo 4 Ever

Great strikes! Shocking defending for the first considering portobello had the free kick in the Tynecastle half then punt Goal! Poor game but Tynecastle deserving of there place in the final DVB.

How many has Robertson scored this season?

Surely he is worth a shot with us?  If we can take Bikey on, why not this guy?

alicante jambo

Jay Sandison is a PHM and his family are all hearts daft. He has worked so hard to get this contract and I really expect him to go all the way.

Do you rate him buddy?Great hes a jambo too.I dont follow the youngsters much tbh all my hearts info is from here.

alicante jambo

The young lads getting signed on full time contracts what sort of money would they be on per week?

disgruntledfan

The young lads getting signed on full time contracts what sort of money would they be on per week?

Good money for a 16 year old put it that way

alicante jambo

Good money for a 16 year old put it that way

Tbh nowadays it could be any figure.I was just interested.Was speaking to a guy couple years ago he was the scout at livvy.Was telling me what money the boys were on signing full time contracts.Snodgrass/scouggal and a few others they produced a lot of good young players.

Do you rate him buddy?Great hes a jambo too.I dont follow the youngsters much tbh all my hearts info is from here.

From the very first time I saw him play at six year old I knew he was going to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alicante jambo

From the very first time I saw him play at six year old I knew he was going to make it.

Brilliant stuff cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandy Clark

Congrats to the young long lads on their contracts. Hope to see them all progress into first team regulars.

disgruntledfan

Tbh nowadays it could be any figure.I was just interested.Was speaking to a guy couple years ago he was the scout at livvy.Was telling me what money the boys were on signing full time contracts.Snodgrass/scouggal and a few others they produced a lot of good young players.

If I remember rightly Livi players where on about 60+ week plus travelling expenses, not a lot when you consider they can be in atleast 6 days a week

kylelauren01

None that I was aware of. Ethan Dougal came on for the last 15 minutes, on his return after having been out injured for much of the season.

That's good as Kyle still keeps in touch with Ethan and we knew he was having long term injury issues but hopefully he'll get back to his best and push on. I watched them against Fife a month or so ago and Fife were the better team in a game which ended in a draw. I know Hearts played a couple of boys up from the 13's as there were a couple of 14's playing with the 15's.

jamboinglasgow

Was having a look at a few of the articles about the 8 players moving up to the under 20s and some things caught my eye.

First of all it was Roger Arnott saying that they think they will have another 6 or 7 moving up next year. Any idea who these ones might be.

Roger Arnott also mentions about how the club want a player pathway where they have less players but those they have will be challenged and play in older age groups. I find that interesting that we look to recruit less to concentrate on the players we have. I can imagine that the fewer players we have, the more we can concentrate coaching on them, the more we can spend per player with recruitment. Of course the flip side of that is that we have to be sure that our recruitment and scouting is top as we cant do the dredging method of recruitment (sign lots of players and hope some stick, then clear out the next year and recruit another large amount.) Its been obvious with the playing in the old age groups how that is very common at Hearts (see previous posts.)

And on a related note, seeing Daly talk about a long term plan for the 8 players, where they start to bed them into the under 20s this season, not to overexpose them as they have the technical side but not the physical side so move them in and out of the squad, With the aim of building them over the longer term now they are bedded in. Its interesting for me to see we have a long term plan for these set of players and acting on it. It makes me wonder if that is the same for other talented set of payers in each age group.

Also I do wonder if the Project Brave plan goes through and Under 18 football was started next season (with a reserve league for players over 18) as is the SFA's plan, would it have any issues for our squads at the moment?

Seymour M Hersh

?180.00or there about I would guess.

Footballfirst

First of all it was Roger Arnott saying that they think they will have another 6 or 7 moving up next year. Any idea who these ones might be.

At U11s, I thought that the current U15s was the age group to watch going forward.  There were several technically gifted players among them. I think that the club thought that way too and stuck very much with the same group of players until the last 18 months or so, when it became apparent that the squad as a whole hadn't grown, physically, at the same rate as their peers, and needed investment.

With some new faces recruited to support what was already there they are a good side to watch.  A number of them have already played with the U17s, so I guess that those are the ones who look most likely to be in the group of 6 or 7 mentioned.

Connor Smith has already earned himself a full time contract when he turns 16 next February. He has been playing with the U17s pretty well all season long, but others who have played up include Cammy Logan, Josh Grigor, Scott McGill, Josh Doig, Michael Mbewe, Leeroy Makovora and Jack Solway.  However, there are others who could equally be playing for a full time contract next year.

jamboinglasgow

At U11s, I thought that the current U15s was the age group to watch going forward.  There were several technically gifted players among them. I think that the club thought that way too and stuck very much with the same group of players until the last 18 months or so, when it became apparent that the squad as a whole hadn't grown, physically, at the same rate as their peers, and needed investment.

With some new faces recruited to support what was already there they are a good side to watch.  A number of them have already played with the U17s, so I guess that those are the ones who look most likely to be in the group of 6 or 7 mentioned.

Connor Smith has already earned himself a full time contract when he turns 16 next February. He has been playing with the U17s pretty well all season long, but others who have played up include Cammy Logan, Josh Grigor, Scott McGill, Josh Doig, Michael Mbewe, Leeroy Makovora and Jack Solway.  However, there are others who could equally be playing for a full time contract next year.

Thanks for the information. Will keep an eye on them and see what happens. Hope they keep developing over the next season.

Diadora Van Basten

Dylan Bikey is away back to Stirling Albion on loan.

Our third choice striker seems an odd one.

We_are_the_Hearts

Our third choice striker seems an odd one.

He is well behind Goncvalves, Johnsen and Currie

He is well behind Goncvalves, Johnsen and Currie

He is behind Euan Henderson now as well

Still may come good though

Archived