People looking for something, someone or anything to blame

CJGJ

With a couple of seasons of upward momentum behind us you'd think fans would just err on the side of understanding when things are not going well.

We've been told this is a long term project to rebuild the club but it seems some have forgotten this.

The rush to vilify anyone and anything in an attempt to find that short term fix which might assuage their feelings has truly been alive and kicking on this board.

Do I think all is well ?..no and of course like most fans have my own views..........I can't understand the playing of Martin in the replay for example given we all knew this was going to won and lost in the midfield.

I fail to understand why Nowak was not played in central defence yesterday

I also have to question the recruitment over the last 2 transfer windows

Most of all I fail to understand the workings of the footballers mind when they do not appear to give 100%..that is I would think a basic requirement for all of them.

However I won't join the rush to condemn an inexperienced manager who is now experiencing the difference between being a coach and a manager.

Most thought it was a bold appointment and how can anyone talk about failure after only 2 months..madness.

This measurement of success being victories over Hibs also seems to skew people's opinions and strength of feeling...it's important of course but it should not determine success on it's own.

Question things of course but don't create or increase the depression we are currently feeling as it really becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and can drag the club in a downward direction when we have much to look forward to.

I think our fans are on the whole better than some of the comments being made and want to think they will after a period of short term anger and disappointment back the club, owner, manager and director of football in their endeavours.

I'm not a fan of  this rush to apologise for everything by players, the club, FOH etc etc...words are on the whole meaningless and actions are what we require even though some will be behind the scenes and not clear to all.

GTF This OP is pure unadulterated sense. You don't belong here. Constructive criticism is not what we need here - we need a lynching! now should it be Levein or Cathro...

Be prepared for being called a happy clapper or delusional you'd think we were about to be relegated.

Its a good OP and i agree with all of it.

boizin_maroon

With a couple of seasons of upward momentum behind us you'd think fans would just err on the side of understanding when things are not going well.

We've been told this is a long term project to rebuild the club but it seems some have forgotten this.

The rush to vilify anyone and anything in an attempt to find that short term fix which might assuage their feelings has truly been alive and kicking on this board.

Do I think all is well ?..no and of course like most fans have my own views..........I can't understand the playing of Martin in the replay for example given we all knew this was going to won and lost in the midfield.

I fail to understand why Nowak was not played in central defence yesterday

I also have to question the recruitment over the last 2 transfer windows

Most of all I fail to understand the workings of the footballers mind when they do not appear to give 100%..that is I would think a basic requirement for all of them.

However I won't join the rush to condemn an inexperienced manager who is now experiencing the difference between being a coach and a manager.

Most thought it was a bold appointment and how can anyone talk about failure after only 2 months..madness.

This measurement of success being victories over Hibs also seems to skew people's opinions and strength of feeling...it's important of course but it should not determine success on it's own.

Question things of course but don't create or increase the depression we are currently feeling as it really becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and can drag the club in a downward direction when we have much to look forward to.

I think our fans are on the whole better than some of the comments being made and want to think they will after a period of short term anger and disappointment back the club, owner, manager and director of football in their endeavours.

I'm not a fan of  this rush to apologise for everything by players, the club, FOH etc etc...words are on the whole meaningless and actions are what we require even though some will be behind the scenes and not clear to all.

I rarely post but given this is the most sense I've read on here in a long time I felt it only right to add my support. Very well said CJGJ. May common sense prevail.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Everything was running relatively smoothly until Laptop showed up. Signing lots of players on short term contracts is proving to be a big mistake.

Don't think the OP says anything that hasn't already been said to be honest. With a rookie manager patience was always going to be needed, although quite why we recruited a rookie in the first place is a different debate.

I also think those voicing concerns are perfectly entitled to do so.

Great post OP. Am I p!ssed off right now???? Yes I am but nobody needs to be sacked. Folk need to calm down

Everything was running relatively smoothly until Laptop showed up. Signing lots of players on short term contracts is proving to be a big mistake.

You would have done it with John Daly which is what we had

Let's get oorselves a lynch mob and hing them...failing that burn the witches!

Fixed that for you :sunny:

Geoff the Mince

Great post OP. Am I p!ssed off right now???? Yes I am but nobody needs to be sacked. Folk need to calm down

We will see how the remainder of games pan out ,

But if our woeful form continues, next season needs a change .

Ann needs to speak to football people outwith Levein .

Great post. The football is at a low ebb but we'll get there. Not every fan deserves the success that will come though. A large swathe deserve **** all.

MacDonald Jardine

Great post. The football is at a low ebb but we'll get there. Not every fan deserves the success that will come though. A large swathe deserve **** all.

What on earth does this mean?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

You would have done it with John Daly which is what we had

Nah. I would have went for Cathro in the first place. It was worth giving him a chance and prove people like Kris Boyd and Craigan wrong. It's just not worked out. Let's not persist out of spite.

We were all entitled to throw our toys oot the pram after Wednesday's pathetic showing, and most of us did just that.

But there has to come a time when we take stock of what we are and where we're going as a club. I know there's been pot-holes in the road of late, but we simply have to keep going. We have to pick ourselves up keep looking ahead to what is surely a brighter future for Hearts after the shit of administration and massive debts.  

Results and performances have been extremely poor of late, and just when we needed them to be good. Losing to Hibs in the cup for the second year in a row was an absolutely ****ing sickening. Our business in the transfer market has been ropey, and the players are going through the motions on the pitch. 

But I still think we'll get to where we want to go. And I still believe that Ian Cathro is the guy who can help us get there. Yes, he's a rookie, and yes, he needs to improve, fast. But I think we need to give him a summer transfer window to bring in and ship out what's required.

These are difficult times but I'm still backing the head coach. I'm still supporting Hearts.

Everyone is entitled to react in whatever way they want. 

Malinga the Swinga

What on earth does this mean?

I presume it means that not all supporters deserve success. Probably hinting at some of the posters on here, particularly the ones who criticise everything and everyone, are wingers of the highest order and even if we do win something, they will find some fault that they can focus on.

I presume it means that not all supporters deserve success. Probably hinting at some of the posters on here, particularly the ones who criticise everything and everyone, are wingers of the highest order and even if we do win something, they will find some fault that they can focus on.

Could do with wingers of the highest order on the pitch...might help us win a few games :)

Geoff the Mince
Nah. I would have went for Cathro in the first place. It was worth giving him a chance and prove people like Kris Boyd and Craigan wrong. It's just not worked out. Let's not persist out of spite.[

The people you mention are irrelevant

who cares what they say. ?

Pond life.

MacDonald Jardine

So only the happy clappers deserve success?

We're too accepting as a support and getting worse.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Since October we have beaten only Rangers Motherwell and Killie in 90 minutes including 4 games against Championship teams. For some reason we rip up Neilsons team that was signed off by Levein.

Questions have to be asked. We don't need to sack people, just a bit of communication would do. Broken record today, we were promised transparency. I realise there may be sensitive information not to be shared. But we are looking like a badly organised team right now

So only the happy clappers deserve success?

We're too accepting as a support and getting worse.

The fact you had to have my post explained to you speaks volumes. The fact you dismiss anyone not currently howling from the rooftops as a happy clapper speaks louder volumes. Clearly one of the binary thinkers. You and your kind will be there for the good times. Something I would dearly like to change.

Very good op. Let's not forget that our primary role is to support HMFC. The club has made a bold move in the appointment of our coaches.

Social media makes it so easy to be destructive, it is harder to understand that CL,IC & AM are hurting like we are and will be working tirelessly to correct our current situation and plan for next season and onwards. Heart of Midlothian we'll support you evermore

Excellent OP.  

Also concur with Victorian, there is a cost to the knee jerk negativity that kickback has been awash with.  Understand that blind faith isn't a good idea but some perspective is required to manage the bumps in what is a long term project.

MacDonald Jardine

The fact you had to have my post explained to you speaks volumes. The fact you dismiss anyone not currently howling from the rooftops as a happy clapper speaks louder volumes. Clearly one of the binary thinkers. You and your kind will be there for the good times. Something I would dearly like to change.

Oh **** right off.

I am far from a binary thinker and I'm here for the long haul, having watched a number of the worst games in our history.

That doesn't mean I welcome the shambles we have at the moment.

MacDonald Jardine

Excellent OP.

Also concur with Victorian, there is a cost to the knee jerk negativity that kickback has been awash with. Understand that blind faith isn't a good idea but some perspective is required to manage the bumps in what is a long term project.

What perspective would you suggest?

We accept we should be out fought by other teams?

Half of pollsters wanted shot of the last manager on here. We were dreadful away from home. Relatively smoothly aye? Short memories. Laptop? Really?

Oh **** right off.

I am far from a binary thinker and I'm here for the long haul, having watched a number of the worst games in our history.

That doesn't mean I welcome the shambles we have at the moment.

Nobody welcomes or is happy with the current situation. Some of us just have more self control, self respect and purpose to our concerns. You don't have a monopoly on disappointment you know. Going tonto in ever increasing volumes doesn't make any of you lot any more of a Hearts fan. It doesn't make you a winner.

What perspective would you suggest?

We accept we should be out fought by other teams?

perspective = longer than 2 months.

no, I don't.  But i'm prepared to give the management team time to resolve the underlying issues.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Half of pollsters wanted shot of the last manager on here. We were dreadful away from home. Relatively smoothly aye? Short memories. Laptop? Really?

We were shite to watch most of the time but our results were extremely good compared to our history.

Selective memories!

We were shite to watch most of the time but our results were extremely good compared to our history.

Selective memories!

I preferred us when we had 3 young wingers fighting for 2 places. It kept the pressure on the ones with the jerseys. Since we started loaning out King, we've had injuries to both Walker and Nicholson, and so have been toothless when they weren't available and they've not had the same pressure on them when fit. Walker has been pretty good this season up to a few weeks ago, but it really was him and Paterson carrying the team up to the time Neilson left. Then Paterson got crocked...

Since October we have beaten only Rangers Motherwell and Killie in 90 minutes including 4 games against Championship teams. For some reason we rip up Neilsons team that was signed off by Levein.

Questions have to be asked. We don't need to sack people, just a bit of communication would do. Broken record today, we were promised transparency. I realise there may be sensitive information not to be shared. But we are looking like a badly organised team right now

Anyone ?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

lines like "we'll get there" based on absolutely nothing at all

:lol:

following the signing policy of "value" European signings chucked in the bin by the mighty Ross county a few years ago

two rookie managers neither capable of instilling the necessary fight into enough players to compete with hibs

I like Cathro I hope he turns it round seems like a nice guy who genuinely understands they are f-ing up big time (unlike his predecessor ) at the moment

Nearly as many players out on loan as Chelsea

zero real pace in the squad

Zero fight from most

No real power or nastiness

Pushed off the ball multiple times by John McGinn - weak as flock

a young goalkeeper who's doing his best and doing ok in general but who's in danger of being ruined because we were previously too arrogant to admit we had f-ed up and now presumably can't find a man from darkest Peru who keeps goal for Lima llamas

the football dept is a total disaster and there is absolutely no indication that "we'll get there" at the moment - not one green shoot

at least Cathro seems to realise that we are in a total mess - hopefully he can find a few answers soon, not the full solution just something to provide encouragement to the more analytical fans who don't just think "we'll get there"

For all the talk of signing players because we had the wrong balance in the squad we seemed to have over looked the obvious, well at least to myself and many other supporters I speak with, there is no width in the team and hasn't been all season.

The revolving door of players in January seemed

excessive, I'd have rather he brought in just a couple and brought back the players that we've put out on loan, give them a fresh chance and they know the set up and the squad so no settling in required.

What's done is done so given the squad we do have I would have thought it lends itself to playing a 3-5-2... please IC get some width in the set up and have cross balls coming in to the box from the bye line!

Totally agree!

Those hurling some truly horrible and in some cases vile personal abuse at Firhill (I was sitting right next to much of it) are cretinous individuals who were so threatening in their behaviour that some of the youngsters around were clearly bemused and even alarmed at it.

Some of the behaviour warranted eviction and had they acted in that way on the street of an evening would be lifted.

Sorry to say, but we are about the most delusional, self entitled fans I have met and saving the club, FOH contributions etc is not a justication for the way some behaved on Saturday (and on other occasions).

I am often critical of what happens at the club, but since promotion, the attitude of some when things go wrong is utterly knee jerk. Thankfully in AB, the DoF and others, we have people who seem to retain some perspective.

Marooned Abroad

We were all entitled to throw our toys oot the pram after Wednesday's pathetic showing, and most of us did just that.

That's where I am. Good post!

But there has to come a time when we take stock of what we are and where we're going as a club. I know there's been pot-holes in the road of late, but we simply have to keep going. We have to pick ourselves up keep looking ahead to what is surely a brighter future for Hearts after the shit of administration and massive debts.

Results and performances have been extremely poor of late, and just when we needed them to be good. Losing to Hibs in the cup for the second year in a row was an absolutely ****ing sickening. Our business in the transfer market has been ropey, and the players are going through the motions on the pitch.

But I still think we'll get to where we want to go. And I still believe that Ian Cathro is the guy who can help us get there. Yes, he's a rookie, and yes, he needs to improve, fast. But I think we need to give him a summer transfer window to bring in and ship out what's required.

These are difficult times but I'm still backing the head coach. I'm still supporting Hearts.

Marooned Abroad

That's where I am. Good post!

But there has to come a time when we take stock of what we are and where we're going as a club. I know there's been pot-holes in the road of late, but we simply have to keep going. We have to pick ourselves up keep looking ahead to what is surely a brighter future for Hearts after the shit of administration and massive debts.

Results and performances have been extremely poor of late, and just when we needed them to be good. Losing to Hibs in the cup for the second year in a row was an absolutely ****ing sickening. Our business in the transfer market has been ropey, and the players are going through the motions on the pitch.

But I still think we'll get to where we want to go. And I still believe that Ian Cathro is the guy who can help us get there. Yes, he's a rookie, and yes, he needs to improve, fast. But I think we need to give him a summer transfer window to bring in and ship out what's required.

Sorry, my quote went in the wrong place. Old age! This is where I am. Well said!

I'm on side with the op but too many performances and performers have been lethargic for strong feelings not to be raised.

I can only hope that players and coaches alike are determined to turn it around with a very strong performance on Wed.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Totally agree!

Those hurling some truly horrible and in some cases vile personal abuse at Firhill (I was sitting right next to much of it) are cretinous individuals who were so threatening in their behaviour that some of the youngsters around were clearly bemused and even alarmed at it.

Some of the behaviour warranted eviction and had they acted in that way on the street of an evening would be lifted.

Sorry to say, but we are about the most delusional, self entitled fans I have met and saving the club, FOH contributions etc is not a justication for the way some behaved on Saturday (and on other occasions).

I am often critical of what happens at the club, but since promotion, the attitude of some when things go wrong is utterly knee jerk. Thankfully in AB, the DoF and others, we have people who seem to retain some perspective.

that behaviour is out of order and hopefully won't continue

however it is very predictable and having followed hearts in 70s as a kid this is not a new generation type of behaviour for hearts fans when things going badly (or any fans)

again not excusing it just adding some context but it was not like this in the relegation season where lockeys team was getting pumped every week which would suggest even these less polite fans don't lose the plot at the first away draw

this has been predicted and could still get worse which is a long way away from Ann's vision of a family club - the solution should be to change the fans behaviour in reality it needs to be improve the football on the park

we'll get there

Weird......... the OP basically acknowledges everything that the 'doom mongers' have mentioned since Wednesday.

Concedes that all is not well.

Questions the picking of certain players for the derby match.

Questions the non-picking of certain players on Saturday.

Questions the recruitment over the last 2 transfer windows.

Questions the lack of fight.

Questions the attitude of the players.

So - basically the same things that are being questioned by everyone else then aye?!

Great OP.  I am sure that the majority of kickbackers share these sentiments.  I tend to stay off for a day or two after a defeat as there's a lot of knee jerk reactions.  

I suspect he was giving you the opportunity to backtrack on your statement.

The fact you dismiss people as not deserving or binary thinkers speaks volumes for you.

Still, if you want a split in the support...bring it on xx

The Treasurer

Don't think the OP says anything that hasn't already been said to be honest. With a rookie manager patience was always going to be needed, although quite why we recruited a rookie in the first place is a different debate.

I also think those voicing concerns are perfectly entitled to do so.

This is where I have a problem with our "business model"

The plan we have will mean that we always have a rookie manager in place rather than someone who has cut his teeth in lower leagues or smaller clubs.

It worked with Neilson (despite what the biggles crew think) but that may have been down to him starting out in a lower division, even though there was a lot of pressure on us to get promoted.

Cathro may or may not turn out to be a good manager, no-one knows, but I think the leap from assistant or coach to manager of a big (in Scottish terms) club is maybe just too big a step to take in one go.

This is where I have a problem with our "business model"

The plan we have will mean that we always have a rookie manager in place rather than someone who has cut his teeth in lower leagues or smaller clubs.

It worked with Neilson (despite what the biggles crew think) but that may have been down to him starting out in a lower division, even though there was a lot of pressure on us to get promoted.

Cathro may or may not turn out to be a good manager, no-one knows, but I think the leap from assistant or coach to manager of a big (in Scottish terms) club is maybe just too big a step to take in one go.

Exactly.

If Cathro is to leave, the thought of replacing him with Fox or Daly is not appetising.

We need a head coach who can organise, motivate and has ideas on the kind of players he can reasonably attract. I don't mind if he is 30 or 65...it would only ever be for a couple of years anyway.

Weird......... the OP basically acknowledges everything that the 'doom mongers' have mentioned since Wednesday.

Concedes that all is not well.

Questions the picking of certain players for the derby match.

Questions the non-picking of certain players on Saturday.

Questions the recruitment over the last 2 transfer windows.

Questions the lack of fight.

Questions the attitude of the players.

So - basically the same things that are being questioned by everyone else then aye?!

Yup it's basically joining in the bitch fest but wrapping it up with a everything's going to be fine conclusion.

Insulting groups of fans for being "binary thinkers" does not smack of a thought out response. It seems more like a binary thought process that anyone who is not completely behind the current coaches is wrong. I reckon the % of fans still trusting the current football department is on the decline. I do not get the feeling that most want immediate sackings but I for one would be wary of  chucking more money and another very important season at Cathro (and by association Levein) if there is not sign of ability to manage over the remaining part of this season. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I have respect for those with more measured long term views believe it or not I believe in long term plans too, but just getting back to the here and now for one moment, it's important to speak your mind, in my opinion we are a game or 2 away from a repeat of Falkirk 6 - 0 Hearts if we see another repeat performance like the last 2 matches.

I really hope that's not a self fulfilling prophecy but in my opinion the situation on the pitch is that bad. Some say patience will see us through but if this becomes a 3 in a row situation I fear for Cathro. It simply cannot be allowed to continue. These performances fall well well below the "poor" category.

We will see on Wednesday night, the supporters will be there, watching. County will be right up for it so our players had better be. 0-0 or 1-1 would probably do us, as long as we compete in the game and stop this poisonous rot.

Archived