Air Canada Rouge

Gambo

Anyone flown with them?

Do cheap flights to Orlando via Toronto but reviews are poor (small seat space being main gripe)., .

I flew with them last year from Toronto to Edinburgh return.

I thought the flights were fine, on a par with Air Transat.  On both flights there were empty seats, so we were able to spread out a bit, which made things much better.

I haven't but have seen a number of complaints, one actor paid extra for a larger seat and has been quite public about his strong criticisme over the lack of space even after paying extra.

Booked flights to Newark airport recently through Lufthansa (it's a United Airlines plane though). Does anyone know much about plane comfort? Will my knees be wedged into the seat infront? Do they have personal TVs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Booked flights to Newark airport recently through Lufthansa (it's a United Airlines plane though). Does anyone know much about plane comfort? Will my knees be wedged into the seat infront? Do they have personal TVs?

Try this site https://www.seatguru.com/

I'm 6 foot 1. Generally, the leg room is fine unless the person in front puts their seat back. Then it's very uncomfortable.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

I'm 5'10 and found it OK,if you were 6ft plus it will be a little tight, but you get more leg room than Thompson or Ryanair. They have free drink and loads of films/box sets, The food was vile so take some with you, 8hrs with only a tiny turkey roll was torture.

Flew with United in May 2015 from Edinburgh to Newark and wasn't that impressed. Personal TV screens yes, but leg room wasn't particularly great and it was only a one aisle plane so felt quite cramped and not much room to go for a walk.

Cabin crew were decent enough though. Make sure you sit on the left side of the plane for a good view of NYC when landing.

We have used various Airlines over the years to get to Vancouver. Air Transat/Canadian Affair have been good as have West Jet. We flew Lufthansa last year but it wasnt direct and ended up with 5 hour transfers in Germany. Booked a direct flight this year out of Heathrow premium economy for just over ?800 with BA. Very food value for premium economy. We are all big lads so need the extra space!

I always use United when flying from EDI to Newark. The Premium Economy seats are good (rows 7 through 21) with plenty leg room for a 7 hour flight.

United have recently reintroduced free beer and wine on the transatlantic routes, so that helps. The personal video choice is usually very good, but in the older planes it is prone to 'freezing' and then needs to be reset. Always a pisser when your only 5 minutes from the end of a movie. Newark is usually pretty quick for clearing immigration, but slow at getting your bags out. Terminal C has recently undergone a face lift and although there are plenty of bars now, they insist on using cashfree credit card payments only via iPad ordering, which can be a hassle if you only have cash or need a receipt.

Flew over on Friday with United. Not a lot of legroom and the TV films kept on freezing and they had to reboot the system a few times.

I paid a bit extra to get thru security and board early which is handy for getting your case in the overhead bin, unless you are putting a case in the hold.

For my return I have paid a bit more for Premium Economy which is the same type of seat with more legroom.

I also connected to Las Vegas from Newark but that was a feckin shambles by United that I won't go into. Newark is a major United hub and can be a lottery at times re schedules, overbooked flights and torn faced twat passengers.

In the last few years of having to fly I have spent the extra for seats with a bit more room.  On the last trip from Vegas I was in the last row of those, seats.  The guy behind me was in straight economy and I had almost an unhealthy relationship with his knees pushing on the back of my seat. I suggest check the seating chart for the flight to avoid this.

In the last few years of having to fly I have spent the extra for seats with a bit more room.  On the last trip from Vegas I was in the last row of those, seats.  The guy behind me was in straight economy and I had almost an unhealthy relationship with his knees pushing on the back of my seat. I suggest check the seating chart for the flight to avoid this.

On the standard 757 configuration United fly from EDI/GLA, the last row of Premium Economy is 21, which is an emergency exit row with tons of leg room, but it can get a bit cold if you are in the window seat. The row in front, 20, is also an exit row, with good extra legroom, but does not recline. The thing that pisses me off the most is when the person behind thinks that their touchscreen is a punch screen and continually bangs the back of my headrest to change channels :veryangry2:   

Archived