Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO  

1,409 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

• We should have patience and he should STAY
    • This is a failed experiment he should GO

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You given him till the end of the season and review. Nothing to be gained from punting him now.

Though if we go on a horrendous run I might change my mind.

Cathro needs to be given this season. He might surprise me but I'm worried about his team selections and how he wants to play in this league. Big test for his managerial credentials now. Sink or swim. A good manager would gain victories with this squad.

Hanseskillson

He should ditch the players that clearly don't give a shit and play the youngsters, season is over imo, we surely don't want Europe with how early it starts anyway tbh

I look forward to the Evening News covering this on Monday and making the Hearts support look like impatient, reactionary tossers, as if internet polls are even somehow legitimate gauges of opinion!

Geoff Kilpatrick

I look forward to the Evening News covering this on Monday and making the Hearts support look like impatient, reactionary tossers, as if internet polls are even somehow legitimate gauges of opinion!

No one reads the Evening vermin judging by their circulation numbers so I'm not sure why you're concerned about it.

No one reads the Evening vermin judging by their circulation numbers so I'm not sure why you're concerned about it.

The Scotsman then, or BBC. Just picked the name of one local paper. Next time I'll put more thought into it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The Scotsman then, or BBC. Just picked the name of one local paper. Next time I'll put more thought into it.

Cool. Personally, I don't care about the media but each to their own.

queensferryjambo

This poll clearly shows the opposite, it  shows the vast majority of the people on this forum who have voted in this poll have patience aren't reactionary and want Cathro to stay. 

This poll clearly shows the opposite, it  shows the vast majority of the people on this forum who have voted in this poll have patience aren't reactionary and want Cathro to stay. 

It seems a bit early to even have a poll like this. He's been in the door 2 minutes.

Son Of Anarchy

This poll clearly shows the opposite, it shows the vast majority of the people on this forum who have voted in this poll have patience aren't reactionary and want Cathro to stay.

Correct. The threads and posts say otherwise but the polls suggest we want patience. Same as most polls on here, the quiet majority vote.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Well not really. Cathro's shite, nothing he's done has made us better. The opposite in fact. Neilson on the other had was doing a great job. I thought you and others looked at things objectively but it's becoming apparent you just defend them simply because they're our manager.

Well not really. Cathro's shite, nothing he's done has made us better. The opposite in fact. Neilson on the other had was doing a great job. I thought you and others looked at things objectively but it's becoming apparent you just defend them simply because they're our manager.

I am defending him because he's our manager and as I've said I think he'll turn it around for us.. The thing is, I honestly think some on here don't want him to succeed, as with Neilson. That is what I can't accept.

queensferryjambo

Correct. The threads and posts say otherwise but the polls suggest we want patience. Same as most polls on here, the quiet majority vote.

Exactly the point of the poll for me.

I logged in earlier today and at one point almost every single thread on the front page was a 'Cathro must go his time is up' type thread. Which was pretty sad IMO

100% stay. I believe he will be a very successful manager for us, given time and support. Some of the very best managers had shaky starts and only achieved what they did because people higher up believed in them and stuck with them.

It worries me that Ann Budge, given her non football background, may be a bit reactionary to all of this and sack him too quickly. We all need to be together, support each other and fight together in order to succeed. 

Son Of Anarchy

Exactly the point of the poll for me.

I logged in earlier today and at one point almost every single thread on the front page was a 'Cathro must go his time is up' type thread. Which was pretty sad IMO

Agreed. I was at the game and stayed away as long AA could knowing what to expect. Patience and football fans generally don't go.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I am defending him because he's our manager and as I've said I think he'll turn it around for us.. The thing is, I honestly think some on here don't want him to succeed, as with Neilson. That is what I can't accept.

I am 99% confident he's not got the personality or the tactical knowledge to be a success. The evidence is clear so far. Most of us were happy when Cathro was appointed and I was really excited to see him continue the good work Neilson done. Cathro comes in signs a whole new squad of players and we become a bottom 6 team on current form. I don't care if he's just in the door he's shown he can't pick a team. Can't motivate or set up correctly. Sorry mate but he's ****ed up spectacularly.

I agree about Neilson though.

If I'm wrong no one will be happier or more embarrassed than me. :laugh:

But I'm not wrong.

I am 99% confident he's not got the personality or the tactical knowledge to be a success. The evidence is clear so far. Most of us were happy when Cathro was appointed and I was really excited to see him continue the good work Neilson done. Cathro comes in signs a whole new squad of players and we become a bottom 6 team on current form. I don't care if he's just in the door he's shown he can't pick a team. Can't motivate or set up correctly. Sorry mate but he's ****ed up spectacularly.

If I'm wrong no one will be happier or more embarrassed than me. :laugh:

But I'm not wrong.

No worries mate, it's all about opinions. I respect yours but I hope you're wrong.

rudi must stay

Deserves till the end of the season for me. He's been backed by the board in January, and has been in charge of some awful performances. If we see an improvement, even a small one I would keep him on.

FenderJaguar7

Never like sacking people, especially so soon, but I think he's now lost the fans and I imagine a few players and can't see him turning it around. I don't fully blame him, but he's out of his depth just now.

Cathro-

-Cannot motivate players

-Cannot pick a consistent team

-Cannot make correct substitutions during a game.

-Is all talk and no action (never perform the way we did against Hibs again aye?)

-Cannot for the life of me understand the decision to play Sowah at CB today instead of Nowak. It's pretty amateur stuff.

What good is coaching with Valencia, Rio Ave and Newcastle if when you get appointed to your first role you have players scared of the ball or to go forward, passing it again and again and again at the back, side to side, no ideas, no hunger, to then proceed to smack a long ball up to a small striker being marked by two huge centre halfs? If of course we are luck enough to keep the ball in play.

I'd also like to know why we seem to be the only team in Scotland where having a throw in is actually a disadvantage to us? Literally no one wants the ball and if they do get it we lose it straightaway. Baffling, bizarre and stupid.

If I'm wrong no one will be happier or more embarrassed than me. [emoji23]

But I'm not wrong.

Sadly I agree with this. Seems obvious to me he can't motivate players

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

The noisy and pissed minority will make more noise.

Enjoy the ride.

Keep Cathro sell the players. The players are letting him down badly I think give him the summer window to see if he brings in British players with fight and effort and we will improve

I voted for him to stay, but this Poll would be more appropriate after the last game of the season.

The damage of going out the Scottish Cup has ended our season on a sour note with only finishing 3rd in the league a possibility. Ann Budge intrusted Craig Levein to advise her on securing a manager after Neilson left. Under Cathro we now have a team that has lost the plot just like a patient that has lost the will to live. The lost form by players is one thing but the lack of fight will not be accepted and the fans will turn on the management and the players if this continues. The ball is in the players & Cathro's court with Craig Levein's head on the block.

I'd give it till the end of March/start of April before judging the future of the men who control our team.

Keep Cathro sell the players. The players are letting him down badly I think give him the summer window to see if he brings in British players with fight and effort and we will improve

He signed the players.

He signed the players.

With the exception of Goncalves and Martin I think the rest will be gone at the end of the season. We needed players and this is the best we could have panic buys

Bazzas right boot

Hen needs tha summer trabsfer window, this is a stop gap team.

The issue for me is how it has came to this, we were doing ok, wholesale changes in January ,and  the team has  pretty much collapsed.

The players on short term deals will not care as they probably know already they are getting binned or they are looking to return home.

No short term fix.

Most on here calling for Cathro to be sacked were happy Robbie left, were happy with Cathro and were happy with the signings. These people need to think a bit longer term.

Cathro was never going to make an impact after the January window, however it is disappointing  we are going backwards.

The issue for me is how it has came to this, we were doing ok, wholesale changes in January ,and the team has pretty much collapsed.

Callum Paterson getting injured was absolutely crucial. Would have been "doing ok" without his drive, fight, skill & goals earlier in the season? 99.99999% no, we would not have been.

What did it say then?

Pretty much than Levein is in charge of signings, team set up and tactics and that he is a control freak. The control freak being based on him knowing several players who have played under him.

Dagger Is Back

I'm not sure I see much changing between now and the end of the season. Some of his squad seem like they can't be arsed. Pretty difficult to change that.

No point in giving IC only until June. He needs to get another window and until December IMO.

In saying that he's talked about playing a high intensity game. Other than Rangers I haven't seen that. We're also incapable of competing when others play that same high intensity game (much as happened when we went to Ibrox) so he does need to get his recruitment right.

i wish jj was my dad

Tin hat on, but I agree with these comments 100%.

+1.

Think CL also needs to be more visible and never mind the clowns who will jump on this as interference. Crazy not to make use of his experience.

Interesting Tweet from Stephen Elliott, even more interesting two ex-players who liked it...

I read the first few and thought he might have a point, then I seen this:

@andrew9806 no i haven't and I don't fully get it to be honest but I'm aware a lot more teams are going down this route

And realised that he's just another that is petrified of the DOF set up.

What did it say then?

I think Levein appointed I C as a safety net as if he fails he will pass blame on but if he succeeds (unlikely atm) he will take plaudits(1)

I'd not be surprised if he has majority of say in wats going on with team etc.Feel for Cathro as Levein has hung him out 2 dry imo #hmfc (2)

he appointed Cathro as he loves to be in control and has him there to bully & take heat when things are not going well-just my opinion #hmfc

Tweets liked by Rudi Skacel and Ryan McGowan.

Hannibal Lecter

Seems to talk the talk but so far hasn't really walked the walk.

I've voted stay for now, but if it continues the way it has then by then for me it will time for him to go. Hoped it would work but is certainly looking like it isn't going to. Still willing to give him the chance to do so between now & May but I am starting to lose patience.

I read the first few and thought he might have a point, then I seen this:

@andrew9806 no i haven't and I don't fully get it to be honest but I'm aware a lot more teams are going down this route

And realised that he's just another that is petrified of the DOF set up.

It wasn't so much what he said but the likes by Rudi and McGowan.

Broomie Hearts

Stay,

i,ll trust in mrs budge and craig for a bit longer.

nobodys saying we arent horrible to watch,but loads of us have seen us much worse.

It wasn't so much what he said but the likes by Rudi and McGowan.

Aye they were a bit weird but possibly understandable.

Rudi and McGowan both probably had a relationship/friendship with Locke after playing under him as a coach with Jeffries and Sergio and might still have a bitterness from the way he was, ahem, 'sacked' by Levein.

Maybe even more recent, Levein deciding that they weren't needed at the club wether he was right or wrong. He probably was on Skacel but maybe not on McGowan.

The poor beseiged man has just not shown me that he truly has an understanding of the meaning of being a Hearts supporter, and how it is like birth death and taxes, if you get the DNA that makes you one it becomes an ever present important part of your life. He admits mistakes, and solutions but has produced none, his record since taking over is not good. We were in a position under Neilson of dictating our own fate, had a couple of stumbles but seemed to pick ourselves up, unfortunately we are stumbling but staying on the ground spinning and getting nowhere like a swatted fly.

Should the record continue and we drop to totally unacceptable levels, he will obviously depart, but then the close season instead of being one of optimism with a new stadium will be one of searching for a new coach.  My vote is to have him go now, appoint a stand in, nothing brilliant but someone knowledgable of the importance of fan trust, strong enough to verbally in strong terms discuss with players their duties and responsibilitues, and the ability to discipline those who don't comply. In this time the search for a suitable replacement should be utilised.

But then as someone is so rightly going to say what the hell do you know.

The poor beseiged man has just not shown me that he truly has an understanding of the meaning of being a Hearts supporter, and how it is like birth death and taxes, if you get the DNA that makes you one it becomes an ever present important part of your life. He admits mistakes, and solutions but has produced none, his record since taking over is not good. We were in a position under Neilson of dictating our own fate, had a couple of stumbles but seemed to pick ourselves up, unfortunately we are stumbling but staying on the ground spinning and getting nowhere like a swatted fly.

Should the record continue and we drop to totally unacceptable levels, he will obviously depart, but then the close season instead of being one of optimism with a new stadium will be one of searching for a new coach. My vote is to have him go now, appoint a stand in, nothing brilliant but someone knowledgable of the importance of fan trust, strong enough to verbally in strong terms discuss with players their duties and responsibilitues, and the ability to discipline those who don't comply. In this time the search for a suitable replacement should be utilised.

But then as someone is so rightly going to say what the hell do you know.

Good post and none of us are truly qualified to make that decision...it's just a message board, after all

See what he does recruitment-wise over the summer. If by this point next season we are not clicking I think he will either.be gone or vultures will be circling though

Archived